Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

500 good dogs posted:

Yeah benzos probably make me more impulsive because IDGAF

They actually have the opposite effect on me when I've taken them, as they calm the anxiety and such that has tended to impact my impulse control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather
im going to insufflate ketamine and dance to psychedelic trance at a music festival, but it's for my depression

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I always just fall asleep, but not permanently

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Hardawn posted:

I always just fall asleep, but not permanently

Bummer. I have the same problem. :smith:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Bummer. I have the same problem. :smith:

I can say that in my experience that has a good potential to improve. I couldn't count the number of nights in my life that I have gone to bed and sincerely hoped I wouldn't wake up in the morning.

Now I just hate mornings, but am happy that I didn't die in my sleep. :downs:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I can say that in my experience that has a good potential to improve. I couldn't count the number of nights in my life that I have gone to bed and sincerely hoped I wouldn't wake up in the morning.

Now I just hate mornings, but am happy that I didn't die in my sleep. :downs:

It would be quite the change where I wouldn't accept death as like a, "eh, sure, I'm ready, whatever". Maybe 6 months from now I might feel different but the odds are low considering my past.

Another day though of no booze and no weed either. 2 days of zero mind altering substances. Well, besides the WICKED HIGH OF LIFE!!! :c00l:

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
I don't take benzos because I'm not a broke brained addict :grin:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

TheSpamalope posted:

I don't take benzos because I'm not a broke brained addict :grin:

I do.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
the only drugs you need in life are:

speed

everything else sucks and does not own.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

It would be quite the change where I wouldn't accept death as like a, "eh, sure, I'm ready, whatever". Maybe 6 months from now I might feel different but the odds are low considering my past.

Another day though of no booze and no weed either. 2 days of zero mind altering substances. Well, besides the WICKED HIGH OF LIFE!!! :c00l:

Just speaking for myself, I find it is entirely possible to live a decent life while still having an odd relationship with my own mortality. You know that cold thrill of adrenaline you get when you have a near miss at freeway speeds? When you're almost hit by a car as a pedestrian? Yeah, I don't get that. I first realized I had lost that reaction around 2005 or so, and now mostly note it with academic interest. I had surgery recently and I was mostly concerned about whether I would be conscious while intubated - the idea I could just plain die under general anesthetic merited a "meh, whatever" response from me. It's not that I still feel some urge to rush toward the sweet embrace of death, and more that I've come to better terms with myself. Getting a healthier relationship with yourself doesn't necessarily mean you have to be Stepford-levels of happy all the time.

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Lol yeah become numb that'sa good answer. Just another ghost

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

TheSpamalope posted:

I don't think it's really a choice.

You can choose to drink and do drugs to help with the existential realization that you literally don't matter in the grand scheme of things at the age of about 13! :eng101:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

TheSpamalope posted:

I'm actually surprisingly well-adjusted, oddly enough.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Nonviolent J posted:

How the gently caress do you do it, I'm trying to drink only on the weekend and its loving hard

IDK, I just drink a lot, go to work, and still function. Been doing it for like 15 years now.

OH I know what it is. I'm not an idiot.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Yeah it's possible but i'd like to not die from alcoholism thanks

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Nonviolent J posted:

Yeah it's possible but i'd like to not die from alcoholism thanks

you'll die from being a dumbass so you might as well drink

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Classic gnarly, i've missed you

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
smooches

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Last time I saw you, you were a mod.

My my how drinking can make you fall from the top.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Last time I saw you, you were a mod.

My my how drinking can make you fall from the top.

yeah I'm really down on my luck since then

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I don't drink anymore but that's it.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

We Know Catheters posted:

I don't drink anymore but that's it.

I have never met you, but you seem to know how to get probated in the most divisive circumstances.

I like that. How do you feel about this thread?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im holding onto my life as is with my alcoholism but im definitely just treading water and not doing anything

days are long

nights are fun and boozy

i need to stop but i dont know how

i dont see the point either

gently caress

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Do you still ride bikes

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nonviolent J posted:

Do you still ride bikes

gently caress that. Try riding skateboards anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jec5YAjth6M

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Well I'm waking up in the AM again. That's kind of nice. I get to see the sun. A while back a doctor said I have a circadian rhythm disorder and I basically have a 26 hour day. Every so often (very often) my schedule gets hosed up to the point where I wake up at night and go to sleep at like, 10am. I'm guessing the alcohol exacerbated that.

I was going to go snowshoeing yesterday at whatever local park that has hiking trails.... but I didn't. It's cold. Today I can't because I have to drive to the place where that piece of poo poo Paul Ryan lives or is from or burrows or whatever that hell that reptilian nazi does there.

I got off track. I'm going there for storm spotter training for Team Rubicon. This is the thing that sucks with a broken brain. Ever since I was a child I wanted to get into meteorology or something related. Here I have a training opportunity that I've always wanted to do..... and I don't want to go now. I'll drive the hour to go there, but there is nothing firing off upstairs. Seems like a laborious chore to do something I used to be fascinated with. I'm still going. I'll probably really enjoy it too.

Had I been drinking I probably would have woken up and decided not to go, get angry at myself, get even more depressed, then drink...

yay :downsgun:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

numberoneposter posted:

im holding onto my life as is with my alcoholism but im definitely just treading water and not doing anything

days are long

nights are fun and boozy

i need to stop but i dont know how

i dont see the point either

gently caress

Yeah dude, in the Subway thread I was going to call you a disgusting fat rear end for your "numberoneposter BMT + CCC + Double Cheese Subway Eat Fresh Sandwich ™", but then someone said you ride like 40 miles a day or something awesome that justified that... thing. That certainly has to help. And I doubt boozin' makes the ride easier.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

how u doin sober goons

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm a storm spotter now.

I'm also unreasonably furious at everything for no reason. Well, it didn't help trying to listen to any talk radio in the greater Chicago area on my 1.5 hour drive that was only talking about Trump. Both ways. Now I want to kill. The training actually put a nice lull into the kill thing and I was super excited and social and funny and energetic (probably too much but everyone seemed to enjoy it), and then I left and immediately went back to my wanting to kill phase.

These rapid rollercoaster emotions are basically expected now due to the the whole loving bipolar bullshit. I saw my therapist today and she just said to watch out for any odd thoughts or signs that might lead to mania and to not kill myself or others. To be fair I think she has to ask everyone about murder, etc. though.

I'm on day 17 besides the slip which I'm not counting because gently caress it I don't want to. I can make up any number I want. Who gives a poo poo? Well I do but one slip doesn't mean I hosed up so bad and everything is over and boo hoo hoo I have to start over. No, gently caress you. I'm sticking with my streak.

Other than that everything is cool. I should play a game. Like a truck simulator or something.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Mar 17, 2017

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

I'm a storm spotter now.

I'm also unreasonably furious at everything for no reason. Well, it didn't help trying to listen to any talk radio in the greater Chicago area on my 1.5 hour drive that was only talking about Trump. Both ways. Now I want to kill. The training actually put a nice lull into the kill thing and I was super excited and social and funny and energetic (probably too much but everyone seemed to enjoy it), and then I left and immediately went back to my wanting to kill phase.

These rapid rollercoaster emotions are basically expected now due to the the whole loving bipolar bullshit. I saw my therapist today and she just said to watch out for any odd thoughts or signs that might lead to mania and to not kill myself or others. To be fair I think she has to ask everyone about murder, etc. though.

I'm on day 17 besides the slip which I'm not counting because gently caress it I don't want to. I can make up any number I want. Who gives a poo poo? Well I do but one slip doesn't mean I hosed up so bad and everything is over and boo hoo hoo I have to start over. No, gently caress you. I'm sticking with my streak.

Other than that everything is cool. I should play a game. Like a truck simulator or something.

You should livestream a game and I'll watch it until my wife makes me turn it off for being unfunny

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

It's been more than a year since I took klonopin and I just took some an hour ago it's working pretty well

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I doubled my dose today because everything was insane. I wonder how things would have worked out had I not done so.

I don't know how to stream games. To be honest, I really don't want to either. Enough people can see me fail in real life.

Thank you though 500 good dogs. You are very nice and helpful.

edit: also you probably wouldn't be too excited watching me trying to back up semi trailer for 15 minutes each time.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

I mean im watching thosr terrible lowtax game videos he just posted in gbs and they're terrible so I can't imagine what could be worse.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

I forgot I like klonopin

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

500 good dogs posted:

I mean im watching thosr terrible lowtax game videos he just posted in gbs and they're terrible so I can't imagine what could be worse.

500 good dogs posted:

You should livestream a game and I'll watch it until my wife makes me turn it off for being unfunny

Time for your wife to step in.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

500 good dogs posted:

I forgot I like klonopin

Who doesnt

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
the store was all out of the cheap vodka that I like so Im not drinkign tonight for the first night in like ??? months lol

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

im not here to hate at all but if youre taking benzos on the daily your not sober in any sense of the word

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Tolkien minority posted:

im not here to hate at all but if youre taking benzos on the daily your not sober in any sense of the word

nah my psychiatrist just gave me a couple of bottles for panic attacks. I told him I only need a few but apparently to him that means 30 plus a refill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

I also don't drink (never really have, I drink 2 or 3 times a year) but I quit weed a week ago (which shouldn't even count as drugs that matter but I was smoking it every night so...)

• Locked thread