Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

apatheticman posted:

I do a cherry basil sorbet with carbonated cherries,

http://kitchenconfidante.com/cherry-basil-sorbet-recipe

Now its requested like every 3rd time I go to a dinner party.

You can also do a lime basil sorbet with carbonated cherries.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/jamie-oliver/basil-and-lime-sorbet-recipe

Both get an internet man who you dont know's mark of approval.

This sounds awesome and I already have an ice cream maker. Definitely saving these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
It goes against the purpose of this thread, but some of you (like me) could use this:

Amazon Contemplate Forces You to Think Twice About Your Amazon Purchases

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

apatheticman posted:

I do a cherry basil sorbet with carbonated cherries,

http://kitchenconfidante.com/cherry-basil-sorbet-recipe

Now its requested like every 3rd time I go to a dinner party.

You can also do a lime basil sorbet with carbonated cherries.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/jamie-oliver/basil-and-lime-sorbet-recipe

Both get an internet man who you dont know's mark of approval.

Do you carbonate the cherries before you blend them up? That would seem pointless, so perhaps you top the sorbet with some extra cherries that you carbonate?

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

New pen to celebrate new job, it's been a long waiting addition.

Pelikan 400 in Tortoiseshell White

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I bought an Aeropress pecause I saw it mentioned on SA somewhere.

I'm only drinking Nespresso at the moment and wanted something better. But just never wanted to put up the money for a "real" coffeemachine, so that thing seemed sensible.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Megabound posted:

lovely pen. wish I had a reason to use a fountain pen at work, but really it would just be disastrous.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

lovely pen. wish I had a reason to use a fountain pen at work, but really it would just be disastrous.

I have the loveliest lecture notes and the best written odd reminders for work. I just keep on making work for them.

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy

I have this weird desire to get a lot of Japanese (and generally "consoly") character action, fighting and role-playing games for my PS3 (and vita) before I pack it away, so when I get it out in 10 years or so it's gonna be awesome. I know it's dumb. Not pictured Bayonetta, Tales of Something, Samurai Warriors.

There's so much stuff...

skit herre has a new favorite as of 12:46 on Mar 16, 2017

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Megabound posted:

Which nib did you get? I have one of these with a medium nib and its gorgeous.

Congratulations on your job!

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

tangy yet delightful posted:

Do you carbonate the cherries before you blend them up? That would seem pointless, so perhaps you top the sorbet with some extra cherries that you carbonate?

Make them separate, add as a topping literally at the last second, the fiz is better when its just out of the container/pressurizer thing.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Vitamins posted:

Which nib did you get? I have one of these with a medium nib and its gorgeous.

Congratulations on your job!

Thanks! I got it in broad. Most other nibs I use are extra-fine or one vintage soft stub I love, so it's taking a bit of adapting but is wonderful to write with.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

LifeSunDeath posted:

Check out the Platinum Preppy, you can have a surprisingly good fountain pen for like 3 bucks. Disaster free in my experience.

taqueso has a new favorite as of 14:32 on Mar 16, 2017

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

skit herre posted:

I have this weird desire to get a lot of Japanese (and generally "consoly") character action, fighting and role-playing games for my PS3 (and vita) before I pack it away, so when I get it out in 10 years or so it's gonna be awesome. I know it's dumb. Not pictured Bayonetta, Tales of Something, Samurai Warriors.

There's so much stuff...

I first read it as, "when I get out in 10 years." and thought you were in prison.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Chairs and an ottoman for the lounge space in my living room.

The cabinet behind it was supposed to be completed in December, of course.

E: one of them has a wobble, fffffff

Other chairs arrived today, though, for the kitchen!

Subjunctive has a new favorite as of 17:30 on Mar 16, 2017

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
It's cold as poo poo outside and Netflix is running low on material.

Rolo has a new favorite as of 21:20 on Mar 16, 2017

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

GopherFlats posted:

Not to shop shame, but what do you use a PC like that running Ubuntu for?

Late response but no shame was inferred.

1) audio production. I know Mac is the ideal platform but I'm able to use Harrison Mixbus, Non and a few other DAW programs including Bitwig.
2) gaming because I'm a goon, duh
3) work, which involves equal parts writing, analytics and graphics.

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Sample was all sad and lonely so I had to buy it a buddy. Welcome Keys.

these toys are ridiculously funny :homebrew:

I have also continued to burn money on new and exciting ways to make silly noises and annoy people.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Getting back into beer brewing a few weeks ago after years of not doing it, and I got myself some supplies I didn't have yet that should make things a LOT easier:

I bought the burner and PBW a month ago when I brewed the latest batch, the bottle tree and santizer pump thing I just got today to make bottling tomorrow easier.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
bought a set of these for my office chair

they are loving amazing

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

DrBouvenstein posted:

Getting back into beer brewing a few weeks ago after years of not doing it, and I got myself some supplies I didn't have yet that should make things a LOT easier:

I bought the burner and PBW a month ago when I brewed the latest batch, the bottle tree and santizer pump thing I just got today to make bottling tomorrow easier.

I honestly thought that the first one was a buttplug for about .5 of a second.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

GRANDMAS CHINAWAVE A E S T H E T I C

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Sexual Lorax posted:

Holy gently caress this owns

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
As someone who can only type with his index fingers while staring at the labeled keys, I cannot use that.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
Link to that sick keyboard?

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Sexual Lorax posted:

Do we have a custom mechanical keyboard thread on SA? I keep on meaning to get into them.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

LingcodKilla posted:

Same.

prom candy posted:

Holy gently caress this owns

Same.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

KingColliwog posted:

Link to that sick keyboard?

It's only the caps, and it's Massdrop with all the bullshit that comes with them, but I'll suffer for beauty:

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/imperial-porcelain-abs-keycap-set

The Electronaut
May 10, 2009

Megabound posted:

Do we have a custom mechanical keyboard thread on SA? I keep on meaning to get into them.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3189022

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Those grandma keycaps are horrifying and kinda awesome.

I finally got my 2nd Ergodox built and put a Granite set on it. Since this pic I've put HC (darker) Granite icon mods around the thumb clusters and on the bottom left row. Still need another blank spacebar and a second red escape key but it's getting close to perfect.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Are you playing Steel Battalion with that thing?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

LingcodKilla posted:

Who says it isn't?

Or couldn't be?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I also bought a new pen last night and now this morning I have a headache, I'm a bit annoyed at myself for buying a pen worth more than $2, but I'm also pretty pleased:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sexual Lorax posted:

Hello I'm Ming Tyler and this is my keyboard.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Lawen posted:

Those grandma keycaps are horrifying and kinda awesome.

I finally got my 2nd Ergodox built and put a Granite set on it. Since this pic I've put HC (darker) Granite icon mods around the thumb clusters and on the bottom left row. Still need another blank spacebar and a second red escape key but it's getting close to perfect.

How do you do issue control/alt/meta? For a moment I thought you were insane with []{} on the lower most row like that, then I saw them right in the middle.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sexual Lorax posted:

This makes me want a keyboard with blank or decorative keycaps but I'm afraid I'd be completely lost anytime I had to do something other than use the alphabet.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

This makes me want a keyboard with blank or decorative keycaps but I'm afraid I'd be completely lost anytime I had to do something other than use the alphabet.

You learn really fast. Even using foreign keyboards where the maps are slightly different you will pick it up if you force yourself to try a key without looking. You aren't doing rocket surgery, a mild increase in error rate is fine while learning. I typed on a friends blank key board for a while as well as one where they re-arranged the keys to spell out funny things. I found myself looking at the keyboard but not actually reading the labels, just remembering where keys are relative to others in my head.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

H110Hawk posted:

How do you do issue control/alt/meta? For a moment I thought you were insane with []{} on the lower most row like that, then I saw them right in the middle.

There are some placeholder keys in that pic that aren't correctly labeled. Meta keys are mostly the small keys around the thumb clusters and in the bottom row of each half. I've since put more accurate keycaps on most of those but it's at work and I don't have a current pic.

It also has multiple keymap layers so if I hit the big Fn keys in the middle, the LCD backlight changes color to show which layer I'm on and it does neat stuff like turn the right side into a numpad, thumb clusters into media keys, JKL; and WASD into arrow keys, etc.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Professor Shark posted:

I also bought a new pen last night and now this morning I have a headache, I'm a bit annoyed at myself for buying a pen worth more than $2, but I'm also pretty pleased:

At least you made the right choice. Lamys own

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Professor Shark posted:

For pens under $100, Lamy is the best choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

flosofl posted:

For pens, Lamy is the best choice.