Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

NomChompsky posted:

watch it kiddo I have 3 two hearted ales left and I just got out of a hockey game

"Oh look at me, I'm a big fat idiot in metal fishnets with a dumb loving bow, I'm so loving cool"

vs

"I'm going to smash your skull into the ground, mutilate your remains and put it where your family can see and steal all their berries while they are screaming and jumping around because their patriarch is in pieces and on display."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

The Wizard of Poz posted:

i confess i havent read this whole thread, but do i understand correctly that its been a month and a half since thread was posted and trashwheels still hasnt gotten anything?

he got juice, rejected cookies, and threw my cupcake molds in the trash

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Psycho Society posted:

I've heard of that one too. The Windup Girl is a pretty righteous near-future sci fi book, definitely worth picking up. The author, Paolo Bacigalupi has a few short stories you can check out online too to see if you like how he writes.

If you like hosed up sci-fi there's The Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect which is like a cross between Harlan Ellison and Peter Watts. It's not a bad read, but the guy writing it just seems like a creep and it is flat out gross in a lot of spots. At least when you think about the fact that someone wrote it and then thought it was cool enough to publish under their real name. I'm pretty sure I'm worse off for having read it.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
It's 10pm. Do you know where your berries are?

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Sounds like a reasonably successful gifting month according to the stories ITT, OP

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Pick posted:

he got juice, rejected cookies, and threw my cupcake molds in the trash

oh, heckin' dang

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Psycho Society posted:

It's 10pm. Do you know where your berries are?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

SpaceClown posted:

"Oh look at me, I'm a big fat idiot in metal fishnets with a dumb loving bow, I'm so loving cool"

vs

"I'm going to smash your skull into the ground, mutilate your remains and put it where your family can see and steal all their berries while they are screaming and jumping around because their patriarch is in pieces and on display."

The former one said he's cool, and he seems trustworthy

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

i confess i havent read this whole thread, but do i understand correctly that its been a month and a half since thread was posted and trashwheels still hasnt gotten anything?

He got some festive LEGO and some sunny-fresh OJ on his doorstep, silicone trash, a skull, a rock, a beetle in a jar, and whatever else Pick finds when she's walking home from work.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

SpaceClown posted:

vs

Did you like miss all the cool other stuff and think this was somehow original or...

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

He got some festive LEGO and some sunny-fresh OJ on his doorstep, silicone trash, a skull, a rock, a beetle in a jar, and whatever else Pick finds when she's walking home from work.

she forgot to bring his present one day. not one to show up emptyhanded, she improvised by gluing googly eyes to pocket lint.

its the only gift that he hasn't thrown away, coincidentally.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
why does she keep dragging in garbage into his house like a cat

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

why does she keep dragging in garbage into his house like a cat

Pick is actually Bazooka the cat. It all makes sense now! :lost:

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

NomChompsky posted:

Did you like miss all the cool other stuff and think this was somehow original or...

Cry more that your lame periods of history got called out for being lame.

easy way to determine if historical period is cool:
The most advanced technology is rocks being used as clubs?
muzzle loading pistols becoming obsolete in favor of more advanced designs?

If the answer to either of these is yes, then the time period is cool.

otherwise it's lame and so are you for liking lame historical periods.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Spaceclown I have to suspect all your opinions about everything now THANKS thanks for making me have to filter you in my brain.

Anyway pick move to Chicago it's cool and we're cool.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Faffel posted:

If you like hosed up sci-fi there's The Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect which is like a cross between Harlan Ellison and Peter Watts. It's not a bad read, but the guy writing it just seems like a creep and it is flat out gross in a lot of spots. At least when you think about the fact that someone wrote it and then thought it was cool enough to publish under their real name. I'm pretty sure I'm worse off for having read it.

Grosser than Heinlein or Palahniuk?

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

More like GRRM creepy. Unfortunately, much like GRRM, there is some truly excellent stuff in there.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Faffel posted:

More like GRRM creepy. Unfortunately, much like GRRM, there is some truly excellent stuff in there.

I'll try to at least open a copy at some point then. If it makes you think about something in a different way it's probably worth reading

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

If you google it, it's available for free online and is like the second result on google.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Oh like blindsight is? That's awesome, more books should do that. Internet library :cool:

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
as if the opinion of a chicagoan could ever be trusted anyways.

on the topic of cities, dont move to chicago its the uncool tryhard brother of detroit. also dont move to detroit, you're not cool enough to cut it in this city, pussycat :hehe:

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

SpaceClown posted:

as if the opinion of a chicagoan could ever be trusted anyways.

on the topic of cities, dont move to chicago its the uncool tryhard brother of detroit. also dont move to detroit, you're not cool enough to cut it in this city, pussycat :hehe:

I was in detroit recently and it's alright but needs to stop pretending to be a real city when its downtown area is like the size of arlington heights.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
have a lease that won't expire for like a year anyway

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
lol who goes to downtown?

industrial district is where everything cool happens.

god i miss going to warehouse shows set up in the derelicts

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
But anyway it's like, well, no wonder there aren't women out there who bake cookies for people or express affection of any kind because that's suspicious and crazy. Much safer to go with the woman who doesn't seem to particularly like you... much safer bet... yeah I'll wait for Sarah to start thinking it might be ok to settle for me... she seems... mostly stable... that's similar to happiness...

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Pick posted:

Not including sex :colbert:.

Not including sex peripherals :colbert:.

Not including things you put your dick in :colbert:.

And we are talking "goods and services".

And things that are legal.

Not sex things :colbert:.

Thank you mans :)

You tell me, you obviously have something in mind.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

SpaceClown posted:

lol who goes to downtown?

industrial district is where everything cool happens.

god i miss going to warehouse shows set up in the derelicts

Old Miami was one of the coolest place I got to see, but I plan on coming back in the summer to check out more since I got friends there.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Pick posted:

But anyway it's like, well, no wonder there aren't women out there who bake cookies for people or express affection of any kind because that's suspicious and crazy. Much safer to go with the woman who doesn't seem to particularly like you... much safer bet... yeah I'll wait for Sarah to start thinking it might be ok to settle for me... she seems... mostly stable... that's similar to happiness...

I'm not sure what i'm supposed to be getting from this

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Pick posted:

I want cookies but I am allergic to tree nuts.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
i offered him sex when we were camping. he never acknowledged what i'd said, but instead of get into the tent, in the dead of winter, he crawled under his truck and went to sleep

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Pick posted:

i offered him sex when we were camping. he never acknowledged what i'd said, but instead of get into the tent, in the dead of winter, he crawled under his truck and went to sleep

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Pick posted:

I'm sorry, it must have been incredibly hurtful but I can't help but see this in my mind as anything but funny in a "fly on the wall" sort of way, and that was before I read that he got under the truck, rather than in it. Holy poo poo.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Pick posted:

Pick what the gently caress ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Why not sleep in the bed of the truck?? That's the perfect place to camp out. I guess it was raining? He huddled under his truck in the rain like a hermit crab

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
i just want closure.

i just want to know why that happened

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

I dated a crazy person once for a decently long stretch of time. We both made each other crazier and it culminated in a lot of definitely very illegal things and I probably repressed a lot of that relationship because of how hosed up things got at the end.

Crazy doesn't mix with crazy. You should have realized this by how much crap you've put up with trying to court spergs who look at life like its a Bioware RPG.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Pick posted:

I was going to say "the guy was either gay or really stupid", but if he spent the night under a truck in winter, he was just stupid, and possibly dead afterward

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Pick posted:

i just want closure.

i just want to know why that happened

Well, through the lens of your storytelling, I can only theorize that you offered at a time that made no sense (to him), or it just came completely out of left field (to him), and he had absolutely no way to process or respond properly so he just shut down, pretended not to hear it, and hid.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
I thought he said the thing about not liking makeup. Was this a different incident? I thought it was just the once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

powerful sex moves posted:

I thought he said the thing about not liking makeup. Was this a different incident? I thought it was just the once.

that wasn't why he turned me down, that was just something he said at a different time and I assume was a factor

• Locked thread