Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I've already begun talking with Danno about connections in Valentine for work and lodging because if I stay here it won't end well.

I'm not going to lie, there's a part of me that thinks personal mechanic to the biker club that run seattle is like the most punk rock thing this side of literally being GG Alin, and is trying desperately to find a way to justify the risk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Lol the guys who looted my room seem to have lost a brand new pearl Jam zip up hoodie in the process so looks like I got something out of it after all

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

DICK DICER posted:

I've already begun talking with Danno about connections in Valentine for work and lodging because if I stay here it won't end well.

I'm not going to lie, there's a part of me that thinks personal mechanic to the biker club that run seattle is like the most punk rock thing this side of literally being GG Alin, and is trying desperately to find a way to justify the risk

If you're not a patched member you're the poo poo they scrape off their shoes and will be treated as such.

TheNothingNew
Nov 10, 2008

Midjack posted:

If you're not a patched member you're the poo poo they scrape off their shoes and will be treated as such.

This. I know some guys.

Patched members are Family, in the mafia sense.
Prospects are multi-year freshman fraternity hazing victims, in the hopes of maybe being let in, some day.
You are fix-it bitch and are 100% the first thing thrown under the bus when poo poo goes sideways.

All this is just talk, though. 14" already knows what he needs to do.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Oh I know. It's also nice to know that although I don't always technically obey the law, even with a gun in my face my personal moral code didn't bend around it.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

TheNothingNew posted:

This. I know some guys.

Patched members are Family, in the mafia sense.
Prospects are multi-year freshman fraternity hazing victims, in the hopes of maybe being let in, some day.
You are fix-it bitch and are 100% the first thing thrown under the bus when poo poo goes sideways.

All this is just talk, though. 14" already knows what he needs to do.

Also, as the fix-it guy, he'd be a potential co-conspirator if the gang got up to anything nefarious and there was anything on their bikes he'd have known about but didn't report. The "hidden compartments" auto customizer case comes to mind.

Working at the NAPA store in Valentine, living in a house, mowing a yard and planting flowers and playing with Rosie is a pretty good life. Raising some kids would make it even better. Being square and straight and boring has lots of advantages.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lol.

meatpimping.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Not.like this.

Not like this.

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

Haha, that's a good joke... I hope.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

Lol.

meatpimping.

The gift that keeps on giving.

For once in your God forsaken life, Dick, just make the right choice and get the gently caress out. (And on the off chance that you don't, pm me where your tools are and a passcode so I can make an AI road trip to retrieve them in case of your demise.)

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

steady posted:

Haha, that's a good joke... I hope.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Don't become a burn victim dude. Go to Valentine and live the simple life. The truck is waiting for you.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Multi thread lurker checking in to register my hope that 14 inch becomes the youngest guy at the Valentine NAPA parts counter.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

I made a call to town and apparently there has been a position open at a tire shop for a couple months. I messaged 14 that he needs to call them today!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The hosed up catch 22 being I need a job and money to get there, I need a job to be able to stay but I'm going to valentine because of the truck and I won't reach Orlando if I make it

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Goons can probably help you work your way out of that catch 22 as long as you GTFO of PacNW ASAP and take Rosie with you.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

1. Crowd funding from home will get you to Valentine.

2. Job there will sustain you and you can save some for the next leg of the journey after that.

3. Truck is not going to be a quick, bang, boom, done kind of affair. You'll have time to 'reboot' then continue the adventure as a refreshed man with a mission.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

DICK DICER posted:

The hosed up catch 22 being I need a job and money to get there, I need a job to be able to stay but I'm going to valentine because of the truck and I won't reach Orlando if I make it

I've been to Orlando. You won't miss much.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Why the gently caress would you leave valentine to move to Orlando? The tire shop will end up paying you enough that you will be living very comfortably if you keep yourself straight man. What business is going to hire someone just to leave 2 months later? If that is the case I know some water well digging operations that might be interested. They pay really really good too.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

GTFO of PacNW ASAP and take Rosie with you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy-OKLuMikk

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

djdanno13 posted:

Why the gently caress would you leave valentine to move to Orlando? The tire shop will end up paying you enough that you will be living very comfortably if you keep yourself straight man. What business is going to hire someone just to leave 2 months later? If that is the case I know some water well digging operations that might be interested. They pay really really good too.

I get the impression that Dave is terrified of a reasonably normal, stable life. Maybe if he stops running the demons will catch up or something.

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.
I won't send you money, but I drat well know what food Rosie demands and will send it to you, preferably well away from Seattle.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

I know, I just really feel like if you want to get out of Seattle because of nefarious goings on then Orlando is not really not going to be better.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I could probably get you a job in Orlando, Dave, but it'd be HVAC and involve working in the sun all day.

Seriously dude, take the offer, go back to Valentine, and get yourself situated. The truck is no rush. It survived up there for 70 years, I'm sure one more won't end it.

poo poo, I'm sure after getting yourself situated there you could probably be running your own shop in a few years. It's not like you're not a local celebrity already. :v:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

ExplodingSims posted:

It's not like you're not a local celebrity already. :v:

"Oh, Dave? Yeah, he owns the place. Kinda a strange fellow really, from Seattle I think. He showed up one day at the Danno farm and started buying the town out of Panther Piss. Then his Jeep caught fire..."

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

djdanno13 posted:

What business is going to hire someone just to leave 2 months later? If that is the case I know some water well digging operations that might be interested. They pay really really good too.

I guess it's true. Look around the forums... if you can't spot the goon in the well, the goon in the well is you.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The impression I got was that "going to orlando" was simply Dave wanting to drive the truck there and not necessarily Dave wanting to live there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Deteriorata posted:

I get the impression that Dave is terrified of a reasonably normal, stable life. Maybe if he stops running the demons will catch up or something.

This is a fear a lot of people have. Myself included.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Checking in with support of previous statements:

1. I will contribute materially to the "get away from the bad motorcycle mans" project.
2. Having lived in Orlando, it's not a place to live if you are worried you will be kill by demons. There are plenty of demons. Also, palmetto bugs.
3. I will assist as I am able with the "get the truck to Orlando" project as well, as long as there is another place for Dave to go that is not full of demons. Or spiders.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Proposing it now, Goonmeet in Valentine this summer.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Rhyno posted:

Our own miniature Wasteland Weekend!

bend
Dec 31, 2012
Too late to say don't get involved with the clubs mate, but take the advice and the help you're offered. Personal detox time is necessary but it's a lot easier to do that driving to Valentine with rosie than it is working on some cunts bike while they play with guns. I'll throw in on the paypal if that ends up happening too, by the way.
As far as the rest of the help goes you've got people offerin to store your poo poo, help set you up with work etc. Take them up on it and get out before you end up somewhere you don't want to be.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Our own Burning Jeep festival.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Valentine isn't too far from the 2017 eclipse totality path, so that isn't a terrible idea.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

DICK DICER posted:

You literally have everyone here who will take care of that poo poo for you. Come on man no one gives one poo poo about any rewards or obligations from the last trip. Come on! Let's get your rear end to Valentine.

Luxrage
Jan 2, 2017

I have no idea what I'm doing!

I just wanted to say that reading the Nebraska truck thread is what finally pushed me to stop being a lurker after all these years. Stay safe man, we are all hoping to see you (and cat) through this!

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
De-lurking again to say Hey Dave, I bought a jar of your namesake hot sauce off JaquelineDempsey because of your thread and drat, man. You're insane drinking that poo poo. I'm learning more about cars than I expected, and enjoyed last year's Truck thread, and would quite enjoy if the ending involved you getting a job and settling down in Valentine. If that's not what the universe has in store for you, well. That's ok too. But it's sounding like Seattle isn't very good for you, and seeing as how you're saying you'd like to take better care of yourself... anywhere has to be better than there.

Also pet Rosie for me. :3: dat catte best catte.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
I keep telling you Wisconsin is where its at fam!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread