Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Roque11
Aug 7, 2016

rovert posted:

WWE told the ROH guys wait another 30 days.

I'll bet after these 30 days come and go more time will be added on. This is going to keep going on and on to explain why these signings will never happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Roque11 posted:

I'll bet after these 30 days come and go more time will be added on. This is going to keep going on and on to explain why these signings will never happen.

gently caress you

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
ROH got kicked off of PPV providers for trying to violate TNA IP

smh

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Roque11 what's good?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
WWE Raw is very good.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Wanda102/status/840426104473059328

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
it's great and incredibly well deserved that Daniels won and what's more he won via the best wrestling trope (guy rips off a shirt to reveal a second shirt beneath with his true allegiance)

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Any updates on TK O'Ryan? ROH removed the tweet with the gif of his botched moonsault

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Any updates on TK O'Ryan? ROH removed the tweet with the gif of his botched moonsault

Broken leg, surgery today

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Bard Maddox posted:

it's great and incredibly well deserved that Daniels won and what's more he won via the best wrestling trope (guy rips off a shirt to reveal a second shirt beneath with his true allegiance)

Agreed, that trope never gets old

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Lio Rush is joining EVOLVE full time:

https://www.facebook.com/BookItGabe/posts/1280948831989340?notif_t=like&notif_id=1489339360200311

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Adam Cole's exit got teased at the tapings and I can see it happening at, or soon after, the Mania weekend show

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Gabe edited out the Lio mention but I screencapped it like a creep https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/840979617959796736

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Now that Timothy Thatcher isn't champ and they're getting all of the good wrestlers from RoH, maybe Evolve can actually become interesting to more than 30 people. #believeingabe

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

haven't watched ROH in a while so I'm not sure if this is accurate or not.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Daniels got me interested in indy wrestling, thought he was the coolest between the sweet finisher and coming out to Nine Inch Nais and generally being an awesome worker and cool promo. Props.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Sup Roque https://twitter.com/theBobbyFish/status/842153185846403072

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016

Doesn't matter since he like others will be working outside of WWE and even if people want to go to WWE they can't go any time soon. ROH has successfully blocked people from being able to go there for a minimum of 6 months

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

What heroes

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

:agreed:

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I'm sure WWE had big plans in store for 40 year old Bobby Fish

Although it only says worse things about RoH that he's leaving to work for NWA: Mid South or whatever

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Roque11 posted:

Doesn't matter since he like others will be working outside of WWE and even if people want to go to WWE they can't go any time soon. ROH has successfully blocked people from being able to go there for a minimum of 6 months

The only forty year olds WWE cares about are Rock and Cena.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Roque11 posted:

You're saying this like it's not a lovely way to mess with peoples' livelihoods

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Muddy Burphy posted:

Just genuinely curious: What posts has he contributed to this thread to make you think you cares about any livelihood other than Ring of Honor's

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
My wife always hated Chris Daniels for some reason, but she ended up rooting for him in that title match because he's an awesome god drat worker

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

triplexpac posted:

My wife always hated Chris Daniels for some reason, but she ended up rooting for him in that title match because he's an awesome god drat worker

I get his reasons for never getting/wanting a world title in TNA, but I'm glad he changed his mind on the subject in ROH. He's always been one of my favorites, and it was a genuinely wonderful moment

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Ripping off a t-shirt to reveal a different alignment one is a top 5 wrestling thing. I love it every time.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave says promoters have been notified Dalton Castle's deal is up in a few months

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/842216151069392896

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Ripping off a t-shirt to reveal a different alignment one is a top 5 wrestling thing. I love it every time.

That and the ref banning a heel from ringside.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Strawberry Panda posted:

I will never get tired of the,"THAT'S IT PAL! YOU! ARE! OUTTA HERE!" spot :allears:

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

So is Delirious his source?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Strawberry Panda posted:

So is Delirious his source?

Yes on ROH and New Japan.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Strawberry Panda posted:

Oooh that's the good stuff

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Jerusalem posted:

I will never get tired of the,"THAT'S IT PAL! YOU! ARE! OUTTA HERE!" spot :allears:

Red Shoes telling BC to suck it is the greatest version of this spot and wrestling should probably ban it going forward because what is the point?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

Yes on ROH and New Japan.

Explains why the numbers on the ROH shows were always off by a few hundred. Must be hard to count with that mask being so tight and all.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

It is The Greatest.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Muddy Burphy posted:

Well, they could have not signed exclusive contracts to begin with. And WWE could have not began contract negotiations with people under exclusive contracts.

The reason these guys can't go straight to WWE isn't because RoH suddenly became a legal powerhouse, it's because WWE broke the law thinking they were the Big Dog Roman Reigns but bam the courts would actually be the WWE Universe reacting to the Big Dog in this case

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
apologising for anti-labour practices is always a good look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
it's a completely idiotic move for ROH to make in the long run anyway, why would someone like an Ospreay who we knew was WWE-bound even at the point he signed his ROH contract ever sign with them now

• Locked thread