Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

baram. posted:

anyone try out animal handling and battle chemistry and have opinions on golems vs animal pets?

If the golem dies, you recast. Golems are sort of ...programmable?.

Golems did not worked for me, they where too passive (they would not attack my target and stay pacifist for a long time in each combat).

Golems seems better, except if you can somehow get a awesome pet, then pets are better. But I have not thought about it much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
golems are great with investment, animal handling pets are good across the board (this was true when I last logged in a month ago)

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
You can have a pet chase after a mob and kick the poo poo out of it. Unless something's changed recently, the golem was tethered to you so you had to drag the mob into the AOE radius of the golem. I didn't find it terribly effective as a combat skill when soloing. Maybe it's better in groups but the AOEs are too small to really be super useful since people spread out quite a bit.

Also, loving Battle Chem is expensive.

Bob Locke
Dec 31, 2007
Someone linked this in another thread and I'm having a blast, I'm having nostalgia for games I never played.

Do goons still play this and/or is there a guild? Soloing some of these dungeons doesn't seem viable.

SplashDemon
Aug 17, 2004

I'm gonna hug you
What's your in-game name? I can give you an invite to the goon guild, though it's not terribly active at the moment.

Bob Locke
Dec 31, 2007
Boberta

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

It looks like a update is comming soon, with more things planned after it.

On he update it will come the change to some skills to have a limit raised to 60.

Then the chem npc moved out of serbule.

The cool planned feature that may release soonish are a new race (fairies), new ui, and a new realm (the fairies land).

Chem finnaly seems that will not change much.

http://projectgorgon.com/blog/entry/dev-notes-january-16

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Any word on whether they will allow race swapping like the various animal forms or if it's a one time and done sort of thing?

headspace
Apr 25, 2014
There won't be race swapping. You need to do a quest to Unlock them. Then you need to roll a new character. The creator has stated several times he wants people rolling alts. Personally, I have a Lycan alt because I hate being forced to play a class every 30 days. It's also handy for when you burn through a vendors councils. You can use the alt to sell.

Along those same lines, they opened up the ability to donate again. They have tiered rewards ,and some will allow you to play as any race without doing the unlock quests.

This is probably my favorite MMO since EQ. Here are some of the things that set it apart to me:

-No trivial loot code(bosses you out level still drop gear) , and good gear can drop from solo mobs.
-You don't really out level mobs. They will give exp no matter your level.
-Group content is very accessible.
-The grind is very deftly obfuscated. IE, you can level up skills really quick. The grind is there in other areas, but it's well hidden.
-You can turn off all the trees and ground clutter, and see all the way across a zone =) I am looking at you mushroom to access the Myconian Cave!!!

All those factors combined to make the game really chill as some of the previous posters alluded.

That said, the cold damage/body heat bullshit in Kur annoys me to no end. It's not clever or challenging. It's just straight up annoying, and it causes the majority of the player base to ignore huge swathes of content.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

How you pass money/items to alts?

headspace
Apr 25, 2014
There is a transfer vault next to the Banker in Serbule. Accounts are free though, and it's easier to transfer a bunch at a time to an alt account and transfer back.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I enjoy this game. Trying to get my friend to play as well so we can act stupid together.

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling
I'm glad I tried this out, it's a ton of fun. I wish the character sheet was a little more readable though instead of just a bullet list.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I was THIS close to not having a big head!

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Lmao bobblehead claims another victim, brutal

Piebald Hell
Apr 22, 2008
If any of you dickbirds wants to be a giant bat, give me a timeframe to show up and bite you. Batform is rad as gently caress, even if most pansy-rear end pantywaist not-animal NPCs are terrified of 'em.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

when is this due to hit steam?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Piebald Hell posted:

If any of you dickbirds wants to be a giant bat, give me a timeframe to show up and bite you. Batform is rad as gently caress, even if most pansy-rear end pantywaist not-animal NPCs are terrified of 'em.

Bat players sometimes terrify me. Some like to hang in the roofts of serbule and in the dark the only visible thing is their eyes.

I would probably make a alt some day and get it to become bat.

Do bats have a special skillset, or they have to rely in psychology or something like that? (and the dumber question of all) can they fly?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
They have bat skills like laser eyes, night vision, screech etc. They can fly, but it drains power fast

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty
Started playing this a few days ago. Wish I had checked it out sooner. It's clunky, but really nice regardless. If it isn't too expensive on Steam I might pick it up. My buddy managed to get a big head. :v:

How big is the game anyway? How many zones are there and is there any PVP to speak of? Like "PVP" zones.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Torabi posted:

Started playing this a few days ago. Wish I had checked it out sooner. It's clunky, but really nice regardless. If it isn't too expensive on Steam I might pick it up. My buddy managed to get a big head. :v:

How big is the game anyway? How many zones are there and is there any PVP to speak of? Like "PVP" zones.

There's a PVP basement and some pvp potions but it's very much not planned to be a big thing. Don't expect a pvp zone like, ever. The game has a decent amount of zones and dungeons, when I played there were like 5 zones but http://projectgorgon.com/wiki/Zones now has 9 listed.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Not to mention that every zone has a handful of dungeons attached to them so the number gets kinda big.

glickeroo
Nov 2, 2004

I just started and I guess all the AC players (which just died) decided to come here.

So many so they are broadcasting messages for AC specific chat.

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling
Yeah they are kinda splitting off to PG, GW2, and BDO for the most part.

I like PGs skill system but I do think things level up to fast currently (Im guessing for alpha purposes).

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
The eventual skill cap is supposed to be 100 so I imagine it'll slow down from the current cap.

Piebald Hell
Apr 22, 2008
Too fast? Bro.

Also yes, batform can fly and has some p. rad skills - a paralyzing bite, a "hey llook attack my clone" skill, a screech that does aoe damage, cool poo poo. It's a fun skillset but you can't use weapon skillsets or fire magic with it. Necromancy and animal handling work though, and being able to just fly the gently caress over lovely areas is fun in and of itself.

headspace
Apr 25, 2014
Yeah considering the game caps out a mid level right now, I think leveling speed is OK. The do need to nerf mob density in Kur Tower though. It's a level 45-ish dungeon and still the fastest place to level to 70.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Piebald Hell posted:

Too fast? Bro.

Also yes, batform can fly and has some p. rad skills - a paralyzing bite, a "hey llook attack my clone" skill, a screech that does aoe damage, cool poo poo. It's a fun skillset but you can't use weapon skillsets or fire magic with it. Necromancy and animal handling work though, and being able to just fly the gently caress over lovely areas is fun in and of itself.

Bat / Mentalism is where it's at. Being able to keep up the power HOTs while flying really pushes your range. Especially when you get some +power mods on your gear.

Piebald Hell
Apr 22, 2008

Inimicul posted:

Bat / Mentalism is where it's at. Being able to keep up the power HOTs while flying really pushes your range. Especially when you get some +power mods on your gear.

I... I legitimately hadn't thought of that.

Looks like my days as a bat-widda-cat are temporarily over, huh.

glickeroo
Nov 2, 2004

Can I get an invite into the SA guild? If only for access to another set of chests (even though I'm going to start an alt right now)

name- Glickeroo

SplashDemon
Aug 17, 2004

I'm gonna hug you

glickeroo posted:

Can I get an invite into the SA guild? If only for access to another set of chests (even though I'm going to start an alt right now)

name- Glickeroo

Sure, just send a message to Oophelia in-game next time you're on and I'll take care of you.

Things are starting to get a little more active. Last night Bob and I had a fun run through all the dungeons in Kur with a cow named Opal :)

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Opal is really pro

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Bard sounds cool
http://forum.projectgorgon.com/entry.php?15-Dev-Notes-March-10-2017

Strotski
Dec 29, 2013

Game deserves more players

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUNfUm7ZGvA

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Lame twerk 3/10.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
Need a guild invite for Tannerschan whenever theres someone available.

Rabbi
Nov 20, 2002

Pruney
Jul 9, 2012

Sexual attraction in this context is not a part of my programming
I'll try this when I get home, seems very interesting.

SCROTEBUSTIN
Sep 2, 2008

"the asslicker" of fyad
Downloading now. Looks ridiculous but fun and intricate. Is there a solid newbie pastebin or general tips? Classes to avoid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
Cheesemaking was a massive time and gold sink last time I played.

Oh and animal forms, they restrict a lot of things and npc interactions, and are permanent until you remove them.