Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

England is still my favorite start even after something like 500 hours in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

hmm my favorite starts are either leinster, the papal state, or bengal. or burgundy

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

this. portugal if you want to try out colonization, otto men if you want tog et familiar with the mechanics

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Mar 2, 2017

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Horizon: Zero Dawn is another one of those “map” games. You know the type: There’s a big open world, with a few distinct regions, and you have a couple of different weapons and a skill tree, and you get missions and collect things and occasionally climb towers that clear up portions of the map. It’s a map game; you spend a ton of time looking at a map and thinking, “What the hell else can I do while I’m around here?” and the answer is always, “A ton of poo poo.” The sole animating function of a map game is to give you a ton of poo poo to do on the map. There’s a shooting range to hit up and two challenge zones and a side quest you haven’t started and a base to clear out for a main quest and a great area to farm a certain ore that you need to level up your staff or something. There’s a puzzle room. A puzzle room!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Plutonis posted:

Horizon: Zero Dawn is another one of those “map” games. You know the type: There’s a big open world, with a few distinct regions, and you have a couple of different weapons and a skill tree, and you get missions and collect things and occasionally climb towers that clear up portions of the map. It’s a map game; you spend a ton of time looking at a map and thinking, “What the hell else can I do while I’m around here?” and the answer is always, “A ton of poo poo.” The sole animating function of a map game is to give you a ton of poo poo to do on the map. There’s a shooting range to hit up and two challenge zones and a side quest you haven’t started and a base to clear out for a main quest and a great area to farm a certain ore that you need to level up your staff or something. There’s a puzzle room. A puzzle room!

Horizon: Breath of the Wild

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Apparently there is a sale on Paradox's website because of GDC this week.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Monks and Mystics is out, has interesting stuff but will probably buy on sale only. hope there are mods with good poo poo with it though

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

also goddamn EU4 east asia will be insane on the next expac. the Emperor of China has a lot of epic edicts and poo poo BUT every motherfucker can declare on them, steal a lot of land and take the mandate of Heaven

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plutonis posted:

also goddamn EU4 east asia will be insane on the next expac. the Emperor of China has a lot of epic edicts and poo poo BUT every motherfucker can declare on them, steal a lot of land and take the mandate of Heaven

I'm planning on doing a indochina game when the xpac drops. Getting pretty hype

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
happy to report Monks & Mystics added a new crash triggered by some common Muslim event, can't tell which

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Groogy taint is still around

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

:lolplant:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

April 6 for the EU expac. It looks cool

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It's the Divine Wind of EU4 so yeah lot of cool stuff on it

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Little Garry Parrish posted:

The Groogy taint is still around

They've done a really good job of purging him. I've done several hours-long marathon sessions since Reaper's Due came out, something I haven't done since like 2013.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Plutonis posted:

It's the Divine Wind of EU4 so yeah lot of cool stuff on it

Divine Wind was really bad

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

DW was so bad it took paradox three years to patch it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I usually read the dev diaries when we get within a few weeks of a new release and they mention at the top of MoH that they've got plans for at least 5 more expansions :stare: I wonder if EUV will ever exist

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

We should have an Imp Zone meet up at Paradox Con in Stockholm and beat up Groogy and spit on him.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

They've done a really good job of purging him. I've done several hours-long marathon sessions since Reaper's Due came out, something I haven't done since like 2013.

I know he appeared to be a bit of an idiot, but what did he actually do? Seeing as he posted here (like darkrenown I think) and seemed to just join in on the office MP games I had assumed he must've been a PR guy or perhaps a lead (who therefore doesn't have a direct hand in what happens with the game). Just curious to know what he messed up and by how much, really - since I didn't play much during The Groogy Era. (perhaps for the best, from what I've heard here. I mostly played prior to when he joined the team)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

In Training posted:

We should have an Imp Zone meet up at Paradox Con in Stockholm and beat up Groogy and spit on him.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

I think he was just a programmer

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

In Training posted:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

tfw ur next conquest has a 5/4/4/1 general

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Major Isoor posted:

I know he appeared to be a bit of an idiot, but what did he actually do? Seeing as he posted here (like darkrenown I think) and seemed to just join in on the office MP games I had assumed he must've been a PR guy or perhaps a lead (who therefore doesn't have a direct hand in what happens with the game). Just curious to know what he messed up and by how much, really - since I didn't play much during The Groogy Era. (perhaps for the best, from what I've heard here. I mostly played prior to when he joined the team)

He added a lot of EU4 style anti expansion mechanics which tended to work out as not very fun or interactive. For example, the AE equivalent happens when you inherit titles as well as conquer them.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

for a long time he was the only person on the ck2 team

mysteriously that period lines up with all the worst patches and dlc 🤔

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

what are the good ck2 dlcs

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
way of life is the best one in a vacuum, I think. I really like conclave and reaper too. then sons of abraham, then the region/religion/govt ones depending on who you wanna play as. Legacy of Rome is good for retinues. Charlie mang is ok but I can't think if there's any super standout systems from that one

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Old Gods and Sword of Islam are the ones that are best imo since you can play nearly every ruler with those

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Little Garry Parrish posted:

Old Gods and Sword of Islam are the ones that are best imo since you can play nearly every ruler with those

Yeah those and WoL are the core ones, the others are flair.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Just finished Gothic invasion. It was hard but really fun.

Average Bear fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Mar 21, 2017

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Average Bear posted:

Just finished Gothic invasion. It was hard but really fun.

How on earth did you manage to expand towards the west as Theodoro?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Pewdiepie posted:

How on earth did you manage to expand towards the west as Theodoro?

No CB'd an Irish earldom as soon as I had the ships to carry 6k troops. From there I colonized and consolidated. Then later a second no CB into East Frisia to get a beachhead into Germany.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Average Bear posted:

No CB'd an Irish earldom as soon as I had the ships to carry 6k troops. From there I colonized and consolidated. Then later a second no CB into East Frisia to get a beachhead into Germany.

How the hell did you core it from that far away. Did you just wait to get your capital conquered or something

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

you can core coastal territory adjacent to a vassal if it's on your capital's continent

idk if that's how he did it tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
You should be able force-vassalize the No-CB target and go from there.