Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

psydude posted:

Here's a detailed look at the Trump budget.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...m=.cb719b71318e

He's basically raping and pillaging everything that isn't DHS or DoD.

Keeping us safe from ourselves. Nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I mean the odds are pretty good that it will never get passed in that form, but still he thought of having our federal government exist exclusively as a military state is terrifying.

RIP IN PISS CULTURAL ENRICHMENT PROGRAMS THOUGH.

Hey side note, I know one or two of you idiots work at a big 4. What's the rumblings say about DODD-FRANK potentially going away? I would assume some depts. are thrilled and others are full of people desperately looking for new jobs?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

There's no way that budget is passing in its current form

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

shyduck posted:

There's no way that budget is passing in its current form

There was no way Trump was getting elected too.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

NSA Wizard C/D?

That's beautiful. Witnessing a spine in the wild for the first time in years. They're not extinct.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_rTWxJepO8

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

NSA Wizard C/D?

That's beautiful. Witnessing a spine in the wild for the first time in years. They're not extinct.
C'mon John you're not going to make it through another campaign, burn that poo poo to the ground and piss on the ashes. Save your legacy.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUz9xCTOPRw

also whyicantstandmaddow.flv

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
so maddow's credibility is pretty shot now, eh?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/FiveRights/status/842173618490609665

Hawaii has never been attacked without warning.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

TBeats posted:

unless this is just the beginning, yeah.... what a weird thing for her to make a fuss about

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

TBeats posted:

I do not think so.

Her audience from before that night still like her. They probably won't change their mind. She probably didn't gain too many followers from it.

Like where else are they gonna go for that type of news? Most of them are there since they don't know that PBS has news.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Laranzu posted:

Maybe we're all so busy praying for the canned sunshine that we just aren't seeing the real killer.

Everything resistant mumps/measles/polio.

All of those are viruses so they've never been treatable with antibiotics. Easy to vaccinate against though!

Fortunately smallpox can't come back unless the US or Russia decides to do a suicidal bioweapons attack or something really wacky happens like someone getting it from a decades frozen corpse in Siberia or something.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Third World Reggin posted:

I do not think so.

Her audience from before that night still like her. They probably won't change their mind. She probably didn't gain too many followers from it.

Like where else are they gonna go for that type of news? Most of them are there since they don't know that PBS has news.

I guess I mean it from the perspective of people who make an honest effort to try and be as objective as possible about the news rather than people who simply watch the news for confirmation bias. I would imagine people that follow news anchors or news shows simply for the host are the same people who prefer to watch to either have someone to fall in line and agree with, or to have someone to hate.

I try to be as objective as possible (but realize I probably fail to some extent -- as does probably everybody). I never watched Maddow before that and I'm even less interested in watching her following that.

E: now that I think about it, my question/comment probably only applies to a small portion of people and is irrelevant in the grand scheme.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Mar 16, 2017

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

psydude posted:

He's basically raping and pillaging everything that isn't DHS or DoD.

Let's be honest: What's going to be left to defend and secure at the end of all this?

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

my kinda ape posted:

All of those are viruses so they've never been treatable with antibiotics. Easy to vaccinate against though!

Jeez can't help but science my apocalypse joke to death.

Should have worded it "extra virulent" to not trigger everyone's​ sperg.

Worst case is the diseases getting a foot hold and mutating just enough to make the normal vaccine less effective. Then it's game on in gen pop until the newer versions can be made and distributed.

Upside is MMR and polio aren't rapidly mutating viruses like the flu, that's why the vaccination program works so well against them.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

CommieGIR posted:

Let's be honest: What's going to be left to defend and secure at the end of all this?

The rich

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

TBeats posted:

I guess I mean it from the perspective of people who make an honest effort to try and be as objective as possible about the news rather than people who simply watch the news for confirmation bias. I would imagine people that follow news anchors or news shows simply for the host are the same people who prefer to watch to either have someone to fall in line and agree with, or to have someone to hate.

I try to be as objective as possible (but realize I probably fail to some extent -- as does probably everybody). I never watched Maddow before that and I'm even less interested in watching her following that.

E: now that I think about it, my question/comment probably only applies to a small portion of people and is irrelevant in the grand scheme.

Nah your comment applies to me as well, I watched the stream because I'd heard she was someone to be taken seriously. After that wet fart I dunno that I'll be bothering to follow any MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENTS she makes in future.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Two Finger posted:

Nah your comment applies to me as well, I watched the stream because I'd heard she was someone to be taken seriously. After that wet fart I dunno that I'll be bothering to follow any MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENTS she makes in future.

Even when she's done very good reporting/analysis, I can't stand the whole "heh, here's 25 minutes of smug snark before I get to the loving point :smug:"

I prefer when she does writing, because she seems to know you can't do that in an essay and keep readers past the first couple of sentences.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

She does good stuff quite often. I'd say the format from that night was the same but the topic she covered was a bit weaker than normal.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-un-conference-womens-rights-hate-group-a7632296.html

TL;DR: US is now sending Right Wing think tanks to the UN to advocate against women's rights and gay rights.

quote:

What has Ms Stern and other CSW attendees particularly perturbed by the decision to include the groups is that both Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Ms Haley upheld "the right to be free from discrimination as an American value” during their respective Senate confirmation hearings, Ms Stern said.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Third World Reggin posted:

She does good stuff quite often. I'd say the format from that night was the same but the topic she covered was a bit weaker than normal.

I don't think weak is the right word. Everything she was putting out in that show was, for the most part, completely contrary to what she probably hoped it would do. It made her look despearate and/or just completely ignorant about what a 1040 is and/or just after a ratings grab. And it actually made Trump look smarter than her for that moment. The whole thing just reeled of knee jerk and uneducated desperate journalism.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

TBeats posted:

The whole thing just reeled of knee jerk and uneducated desperate journalism.

Trump broke the media class.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

Trump broke the media class.

I wish that was true but this poo poo has been going on since forever.

Samuel Adams was notorious for just printing fake poo poo news to rile people up to help with his cause.

France did the same thing during their revolutions. They had a poo poo ton of newspapers who printed fake poo poo or fake poo poo that other news papers printed.

Donald Trump, the idiot, the child, the moron, is still pulling pranks children do on each other but on the media and has been doing it for about 40 years now. Some people hand wave it by calling it 11th dimensional chess but it is really basic.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/SteveKopack/status/842367466080739329

ReebTop
May 17, 2003

I missed something, I think. What was this in reference to, again?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

ReebTop posted:

I missed something, I think. What was this in reference to, again?

Montenegro. Russia tried pulling a coup there

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
Maddow is the left leaning Hannity for those just becoming aware of her.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/GlennThrush/status/842381184877359104

lol

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/842377879216394240

nnnnnng

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Mar 16, 2017

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

VikingSkull posted:

Uhhh, no. Openly partisan but no.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

mlmp08 posted:

Uhhh, no. Openly partisan but no.

Yeah, she's super left leaning and partisan but comparing her to Hannity is retarded.

I'd say a fairer comparison would be, poo poo, idk, Bill O'Reilly? And even that feels like a stretch.

Keep posting these, almost there.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Handsome Ralph posted:

Keep posting these, almost there.

Unfortunately this one isn't about Donnie mad, but his bumblefuck security advisor Sebastian THE ALPHA MALES ARE BACK Gorka is probably a literal Hungarian Nazi.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/842390659772366849

He belongs to a Hungarian group that was apparently under the command of German Nazis. That could be a problem for Gorka, as if he is a member of this group, he shouldn't have been allowed to become a citizen in 2012, meaning he possibly fraudulently became a citizen. :laugh:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

VikingSkull posted:

with the exception that the crazy left wants everyone to have puppies while the crazy right wants to murder puppies

saying x is the left/right wing version of x is a lovely comparison considering that one extreme of our political spectrum is crazy hippies that won't want vaccinations and the other wants an ayn rand dystopian future

PookBear fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Mar 16, 2017

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Unfortunately this one isn't about Donnie mad, but his bumblefuck security advisor Sebastian THE ALPHA MALES ARE BACK Gorka is probably a literal Hungarian Nazi.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/842390659772366849

He belongs to a Hungarian group that was apparently under the command of German Nazis. That could be a problem for Gorka, as if he is a member of this group, he shouldn't have been allowed to become a citizen in 2012, meaning he possibly fraudulently became a citizen. :laugh:
Someone please explain to me how the guys who make yummy tacos are considered undesirables, but fuckwits like Gorka are ok to let in?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://i.imgur.com/T1PSvBE.gifv

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

Someone please explain to me how the guys who make yummy tacos are considered undesirables, but fuckwits like Gorka are ok to let in?

White is right.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

is he even white tho?

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
https://twitter.com/MarkLGoldberg/status/842391373584113664

The swamp is insanely drained at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

No loving way.

At this point there isn't even the pretense of polite fiction at avoiding conflict of interests. Where the gently caress is my broker, I need to buy Boeing stock.

• Locked thread