Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Christ Strix, what are you playing? :psyduck:

Root Double -Before Crime * After Days- Xtend Edition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Christ Strix, what are you playing? :psyduck:

Root Double! It's a good visual novel about people trapped in a melting down nuclear power plant, with psychic shenanigans and other conspiracy things going on. It's good....at least, I'd say so, but I'm trapped in Route B, which is about what the high schoolers were doing before this disaster, and since they're all in psychic school, the game is info-dumping on me by having me witness the lectures from their teacher multiple times. :negative:

I've been assured that it picks back up once I'm through the slice of life and infodump scenes, but oh man it's a slog getting there. I want to go back to A route, which at least had more firefighting!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Macaluso posted:

This game is gonna be a blast at parties:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxOtkClPa0o

I mean it looks like a blast in general though, pretty neat concept

Holy poo poo, this game sounds really good. Part of what made previous Harmonix games great and how the new Amplitude dropped the ball was that it's great to mess around with music that is generally popular. I wish there were a video game version of this though

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I still think the art for the students practicing telepathy is pretty funny.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

StrixNebulosa posted:

Root Double! It's a good visual novel about people trapped in a melting down nuclear power plant, with psychic shenanigans and other conspiracy things going on. It's good....at least, I'd say so, but I'm trapped in Route B, which is about what the high schoolers were doing before this disaster, and since they're all in psychic school, the game is info-dumping on me by having me witness the lectures from their teacher multiple times. :negative:

I've been assured that it picks back up once I'm through the slice of life and infodump scenes, but oh man it's a slog getting there. I want to go back to A route, which at least had more firefighting!

Well, that's a crazy name and it sounds anime as hell. Hope you're enjoying it!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Holy poo poo, this game sounds really good. Part of what made previous Harmonix games great and how the new Amplitude dropped the ball was that it's great to mess around with music that is generally popular. I wish there were a video game version of this though

It's a really cool idea and Harmonix stands to make a buttload if they continue to support it and release card packs. Unsure about the big proprietary peripheral, but... well, I guess it's worked for them before.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Well, that's a crazy name and it sounds anime as hell. Hope you're enjoying it!

I am, thank you! It's scratching an itch similar to 999, and it's real nice to play a game where I don't have to focus and be good at it for once - which is really nice after a stressful day. :D

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

EA more like Early Access, am I right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bWGANKbYrI

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

EDIT: I'm an idiot, this is ME2.

I cannot wait to see what CrowbCat does.

I hope he does a video.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Mar 16, 2017

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Joe Gillian posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5E2gTVuLq8

I hope he does a video.

Hard to tell what is even going on in that. It looks like the MC is totally glitched out of the setting. Man, things not looking good for Andromeda :smith:

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Joe Gillian posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5E2gTVuLq8

I hope he does a video.

Cool footage of Mass Effect 2.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

She hasn't pooped for 600 years, give her a break eh

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Cool footage of Mass Effect 2.

Yeah it is, I'm a dumbass.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Welp, my willpower broke and I preordered Nier on Steam since I could still get it on sale through GreenManGaming. The store page boasts of its 60fps so here's hoping.

This will comfortably last until Persona 5 comes out I think, especially since I don't plan to binge on it like how I basically beat Horizon over a weekend

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lizard Wizard posted:

There has to be more.

there's a spongebob gcn pad, too. and of course as i previously posted, come back when you have the wu-tang clan controller.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Nier is great.

I want another game like Pepsi man. It's dumb but I had fun with it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have no idea why, but every time I see more and more janky footage of ME:A it makes me want it even more.
It looks like it will be the goofy bad bmovie space opera that I hoped it would be.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

VideoGames posted:

I have no idea why, but every time I see more and more janky footage of ME:A it makes me want it even more.
It looks like it will be the goofy bad bmovie space opera that I hoped it would be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpSo-VJTeE8

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

VideoGames posted:

I ended up cancelling my order, there's too much other stuff I want and if it actually turns out decent I can get it cheaper later.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/GamesNosh/status/842050755066494977

https://twitter.com/NotStardy/status/842132652119449600

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Mar 16, 2017

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

God drat it, BioWare, you had such a slam-dunk of a concept with Andromeda and it looks like you've been bound and determined to gently caress it up the whole time :negative:

Like, why did you have to finally make a game where I can use biotics to grab a dude and then throw that dude at some other dudes as a projectile, but then also apparently just stick the whole thing together with scotch tape and hope for the best?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Bioware's trying to see how little effort they can put in a AAA title and still have it sell well and be positively reviewed.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Lurdiak posted:

Bioware's trying to see how little effort they can put in a AAA title and still have it sell well and be positively reviewed.

They made Dragon Age 2 already.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Isn't it on a new engine with a mostly new dev team? Because that's about what it looks like. I'm sure they tried real hard :kiddo:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They made Dragon A-

drat it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I assumed it was Frostbite again which isn't new by any means

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

MMF Freeway posted:

Isn't it on a new engine with a mostly new dev team? Because that's about what it looks like. I'm sure they tried real hard :kiddo:

It's on Frostbite, which they used for Inquisition. There's been a lot of turnover in Bioware over the past few years though.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

If this is the same Frostbite that's used in other EA games, that's all the more puzzling because the environments, at least, looks incredible in games like Battlefield and Battlefront. I know they are entirely different types of projects, but that engine is capable of making MUCH prettier games than what's coming out of ME: A.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Maybe all the current AAA franchises are dying away to be replaced by brand new franchises and those never considered AAA: HZD, Nier automata, Snipperclips.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

idk, in a slow year it might have that chance like Inquisition did, but coming off a juggernaut slew of titles and a few still coming (Persona, Prey) it's going to be tough to justify looking over any flaws. The poo poo I'm seeing from streams basically boiling down to "combat better, everything else character, animation, and storywise horrid" so I guess this is the Xenoblade Chronicles X of the ME series

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Earth Table posted:

If this is the same Frostbite that's used in other EA games, that's all the more puzzling because the environments, at least, looks incredible in games like Battlefield and Battlefront. I know they are entirely different types of projects, but that engine is capable of making MUCH prettier games than what's coming out of ME: A.

They looked pretty good in Inquisition and I think they look good here too (although not up to what is in those games you mentioned).

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

from what I see people are bandwagoning on this andromeda being bad scene since before the game was even announced and now they have some glitches to make fun of. If it has amazing outer space visuals and mass effect gameplay I will probably get it at some point. I personally have been smdh at how bad the mass effect writing is since me1. But me2 is still one of my favorite games

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I've never bought a bioware game at release or for full price and I will continue this trend. I'd rather drop the dough for a ps4 just for HZD instead of getting Andromeda at full price.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ethanol posted:

from what I see people are bandwagoning on this andromeda being bad scene since before the game was even announced and now they have some glitches to make fun of. If it has amazing outer space visuals and mass effect gameplay I will probably get it at some point. I personally have been smdh at how bad the mass effect writing is since me1. But me2 is still one of my favorite games

It's not a bandwagon, it's well-deserved resentment from Mass Effect 3 being a half-finished piece of poo poo turned into skepticism about a new entry, and every single thing we've seen about Andromeda confirms people's doubts.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I mean yeah there's glitches to make fun of now but also footage of the entire first hour of the game is online and it looks... not terrible, but very mediocre.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's not just goons dogpiling a game, Andromeda's 10-hour preview has also been getting savaged by Gamespot, RPS, PC Gamer and Giant Bomb. And when you consider that most of these sites are just glorified hype machines that doesn't bode well.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

I binged through the entire ME trilogy during a really lovely time in my life and I had a generally awesome time with those games so I will pick up Andromeda probably sometime this summer when there's a decent discount. I'm having enough trouble balancing my time with Zelda right now (and I'm only through 2 dungeons!) but Andromeda will hopefully be a fun little single player space adventure to play when i need a break from Splatoon 2. I'm rooting for it, but these impressions are concerning.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am not sure where my opinion on ME:A will fall.

ME1 is a G5F4
ME2 is a G2F2
ME3 is a G5F5.

This is how I view the series so if I dislike ME:A as well then you know it's not dogpiling.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

VideoGames posted:

ME1 is a G5F4
ME2 is a G2F2
ME3 is a G5F5.

This is how I view the series so if I dislike ME:A as well then you know it's not dogpiling.

Maybe I missed it, but is there a rubric for this neo score system

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

VideoGames posted:

ME1 is a G5F4
ME2 is a G2F2
ME3 is a G5F5.

i haven't played me3 but i'm nodding sagely at the rest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
VideoGames is playing 12-dimensional chess with his review system now. It's the only way to give a fair and balanced perspective.

• Locked thread