Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have some schadenfreude from furry twitter, but not sure if y'all wanna see the detailed tweets.

The short version of the story. Anthrocon, probably the biggest furcon in the world, currently, told a "comedian" (2 the Ranting Gryphon) that he won't be getting the main stage this year. He's been doing it for I have no idea how many years now, gonna guess at least 15 there alone, not to mention other cons.

Twittersphere blows up thinking that he's banned from the con and/or they told him to gently caress off because he uses triggered and racist jokes, basically acting like a right wing politoon embodied. But the likely/probable reason is that he's just been doing it forever, so the board of the con wanted to give someone new a chance. And that he's not banned from the con, obviously.

Also apparently he tried to gin up sympathy saying that a popular fursuit maker/creator of a popular suit/species (there's hundreds of copycats now) called him in tears saying she doesn't feel safe now for SOME REASON.

There's more to it, but that's the short version of the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Manuel Calavera posted:

I have some schadenfreude from furry twitter, but not sure if y'all wanna see the detailed tweets.

The short version of the story. Anthrocon, probably the biggest furcon in the world, currently, told a "comedian" (2 the Ranting Gryphon) that he won't be getting the main stage this year. He's been doing it for I have no idea how many years now, gonna guess at least 15 there alone, not to mention other cons.

Twittersphere blows up thinking that he's banned from the con and/or they told him to gently caress off because he uses triggered and racist jokes, basically acting like a right wing politoon embodied. But the likely/probable reason is that he's just been doing it forever, so the board of the con wanted to give someone new a chance. And that he's not banned from the con, obviously.

Also apparently he tried to gin up sympathy saying that a popular fursuit maker/creator of a popular suit/species (there's hundreds of copycats now) called him in tears saying she doesn't feel safe now for SOME REASON.

So this is how people feel when I try to explain what's cool about video games. :crossarms:

What's the long version of the story?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

That dude sounds like a total crypuppy.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Manuel Calavera posted:

(there's hundreds of copycats now)

:trumppop:

Manuel Calavera posted:

he tried to gin up sympathy

Gotta love it when people retroactively justify the treatment they’ve gotten.

I do have to ask: Why are you so well‐informed about the furry Twittersphere?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have my reasons for knowing these strange things.

And, that's the gist of the story really.

Here's his response video, apparently. I have no interest in watching it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0rjD3gPy8U

And here's the tweet what started it all.
https://twitter.com/2_gryphon/status/841887167374864384

Do note that the tweet he's replying to comes from an account that last tweeted 8/10/2015, and the latest tweet doesn't mention him. So it's kinda suspicious.

e - also the 'tried to gin up sympathy' part. I don't have proof of said phonecall, or the suit makers feelings. All I know for sure is she's apparently a fan of his. So it's entirely possible said phonecall DID happen. Also it's a little ironic the character she made is named Telephone.

Mercedes Colomar has a new favorite as of 04:43 on Mar 16, 2017

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Are furries still ban-on-sight?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nah, Lowtax tweeted awhile ago that rule is gone I think.

e - I misremembered. https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/644935440613543936?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Mercedes Colomar has a new favorite as of 05:45 on Mar 16, 2017

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Manuel Calavera posted:

Nah, Lowtax tweeted awhile ago that rule is gone I think.

BRB, booting my WebTV box.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

When I was first scrolling down I only caught the very end of this and thought the kid got hit with one of those big metal fire trucks. It made me flinch instinctively since anyone that grew up with Tanka trucks probably has at least one scar from them. Mine's on the top of my head from when I put my bulldozer on the edge of my bed, but kept playing on the ground below it.

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 05:50 on Mar 16, 2017

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk posted:

When I was first scrolling down I only caught the very end of this and thought the kid got hit with one of those big metal fire trucks. It made me flinch instinctively since anyone that grew up with Tanka trucks probably has at least one scar from them. Mine's on the top of my head from when I put my bulldozer on the edge of my bed, but kept playing on the ground below it.

The Tonka truck that got me. Scar on my finger from the plow thing slicing it open.

Die cast metal trucks that were guaranteed to maim.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Zipperelli. posted:

The Tonka truck that got me. Scar on my finger from the plow thing slicing it open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v26fTGBEi9E

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
A gorilla gets mad at skateboarders.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAKnaHue9RE

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Even better than 2 the Whingeing Manbaby's bullshit is that his fans are all butthurt over how "the SJWs won", and I've seen at least one refer to him as the furry PewdiePie while also claiming he's not a Nazi apologist. Which I guess is true: you can't be a Nazi apologist when you actually are a Nazi.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Zipperelli. posted:

Same here, scar on the side of my finger that needed stitches from that plow.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I don't get these people and I'm a :corsair: myself.

If they're not damaging property or knocking people over, who gives a poo poo?

Teenagers making a bit of noise and having fun, oh no, the horror!

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Gorilla Salad posted:

No, but you see one time a skateboarder damaged my lawn.

One time a biker ran a stop sign so all bike-riders break the law.

All muslims are dangerous.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

Gorilla Salad posted:

Her dog doesn't like skateboarders and other dogs so they should leave because she was there first. Apparently the whole park belongs to her.

It's pretty satisfying watching shoplifters acting like victims because they don't wanna face the fact that you might get arrested if you steal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQZ63b6HA9Y

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Gorilla Salad posted:

I think I have whatever this disease is, but with heelys. They didn't exist until I was in highschool (at least in my podunk town) and somehow whenever I see a kid start to glide along, it just seems so smug.. Like, they're super spoiled and too good to pick up their drat feet and walk like a normal person. I know it's completely irrational and am not going to vote Republican so :shrug:.

While I'm complaining, parents who play Paw Patrol or whatever on their phone for their kids in nice restaurants (here defined as cloth tablecloths, wooden furniture, and glass glasses) should really be required to provide headphones. I've considered buying a bulk box on Alibaba and carrying a pair around to give away. If only the minimum order wasn't 1000.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I know we're all going to regret this, but...

How repugnant were mr furry comedian's routines?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Beachcomber posted:

I think I have whatever this disease is, but with heelys

Heelys are surprisngly hard to walk normal in. There's no friction on the heel so you gotta be walking on the balls of your feet unless you're rolling. Also the wheel will dig into your heel all day through the shoe. They make them in adult sizes you just gotta know where to ask about it and they aren't steel-toed in case you were considering getting a pair for work.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zipperelli. posted:

My younger brother dropped on of those metal Tonka dump truck on my head. There was blood.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Gorilla Salad posted:

There's sooooo many "public freak out" videos on youtube these days featuring crazy people screaming at other people in public places. I'm wondering whether people have always been this hosed up or whether we're just seeing a whole lot more of these videos because everyone is carrying around a high def video camera in their pockets now.

I'd post some but watching them makes me feel anxious, I hate confrontation and watching it from someone's POV is just freaky. Also most of those videos are more suited for the AUG thread than the schadenfreude thread.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Zipperelli. posted:

'Die cast'? Those fuckers were made from thick folded sheet steel.

Probably metal from the same stuff they made ships hulls from: if you hit them with a lump hammer, the hammer would come off worse.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There's sooooo many "public freak out" videos on youtube these days featuring crazy people screaming at other people in public places. I'm wondering whether people have always been this hosed up or whether we're just seeing a whole lot more of these videos because everyone is carrying around a high def video camera in their pockets now.

I'd post some but watching them makes me feel anxious, I hate confrontation and watching it from someone's POV is just freaky. Also most of those videos are more suited for the AUG thread than the schadenfreude thread.

It's the proliferation of smartphones like you said. There have always been a large number of volatile people around and now the moment anything pops off, everyone wants to get that sweet YouTube viewer count.

Years ago when smartphones weren't commonplace/didn't exist I would take publilc transportation everywhere and there would always be some kind of hoopla either from a legitimate mentality ill person or a troublemaker.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

TopHatGenius posted:

It's the proliferation of smartphones like you said. There have always been a large number of volatile people around and now the moment anything pops off, everyone wants to get that sweet YouTube viewer count.

Years ago when smartphones weren't commonplace/didn't exist I would take publilc transportation everywhere and there would always be some kind of hoopla either from a legitimate mentality ill person or a troublemaker.

Yeah. It's just like police brutality: it's always been happening, but smartphones have made it easier for more people to notice it. Speaking just about the US, if you were white before smartphones, you probably didn't notice police violence as much because lol white people. If you were not poor and/or in a major city, you probably didn't notice public freakouts as much because you weren't surrounded by as many untreated mental illness as poor people in cities are.

Although I don't think the woman in that shoplifting clip is mentally ill. I just think she's an entitled rear end in a top hat who is betting for most of that clip that people are going to side with the white lady over the black guy. She even tries to bait him into hitting her. When she's proven wrong, she doubles down because she's already shackled herself to the idea. By the time the cops show up, it's too late to back out. She's just a dumbass (the same kind of dumbass that tries petty theft in the first place).

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Some of the Sheep posted:

Pictured: Your Gay Uncle expounding on the fruity notes found in his horse piss.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Manuel Calavera posted:

My favorite part is that I got to look up this dude and compare how he wants to look to how he looks in real life.

Also this motherfucker is 44 and still stuck performing stand-up comedy at furry conventions.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Regalingualius posted:

I know we're all going to regret this, but...

How repugnant were mr furry comedian's routines?

Well, you've got a link to his youtube :v:.

I'd compare him to the guy who does Foamy the Squirrel. He's STILL putting out content apparently. But it's the same sort of meandering ranting.

Also apparently he wanted to be an artist back in the day, according to a friend. But he stopped that after a dude he was crushing hard on said no.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I used to think he was pretty funny and/or insightful in much the same way that I once thought South Park was funny/insightful.

I suppose it was inevitable that he would end up as the furry fandom's Milo.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Data Graham posted:

I used to think he was pretty funny and/or insightful in much the same way that I once thought South Park was funny/insightful.

I suppose it was inevitable that he would end up as the furry fandom's Milo.

you should be ashamed of yourself

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

WoodrowSkillson posted:

you should be ashamed of yourself

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Sponge Baathist posted:

Heelys are surprisngly hard to walk normal in. There's no friction on the heel so you gotta be walking on the balls of your feet unless you're rolling. Also the wheel will dig into your heel all day through the shoe. They make them in adult sizes you just gotta know where to ask about it and they aren't steel-toed in case you were considering getting a pair for work.

Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando has given Heelys to some actors before to allow them to glide across the ground. They did a house based on Dead Silence in 2007 that gave a few of the Mary Shaw actors Heelys indoors, based on the scene where she floats through the window. I can't imagine how hard it must have been for them to be lunging and dodging drunken punches in them.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

chitoryu12 posted:

My favorite part is that I got to look up this dude and compare how he wants to look to how he looks in real life.

Also this motherfucker is 44 and still stuck performing stand-up comedy at furry conventions.

Is the scootyfruit that he calls himself "2"? Because as bad as the rest is, that's the worst part for me.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

gleebster posted:

Is the scootyfruit that he calls himself "2"? Because as bad as the rest is, that's the worst part for me.

Worse than having that facial hair at age 44? I went though that phase too but I was 19.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Basebf555 posted:

Worse than having that facial hair at age 44? I went though that phase too but I was 19.

he is a furry, being a immature weirdo is kinda the whole shtick

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

gleebster posted:

scootyfruit

I'm sorry, the what?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I don't know German.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

holy gently caress this dude is a loser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

COOL CORN posted:

I'm sorry, the what?

The scootenfrooden