Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Consensus is very dividing, almost like horizon (the very early looks). Some people like me:a and there's a few people that seem to be hating on it just to hate on it. Wait and see what your favorite reviewers say.

I'm hearing the multiplayer is pretty solid and that's all some people wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

What did she say when it sounded like she said "Sorry. My face... is tired."? I can't get subtitles to turn on.

Joakim Brecht
Aug 20, 2013
Is she supposed to be an android or something?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah that's what she said "my face is tired"

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I hope this is just like the new Brom (suicidal guy) scene from Horizon that made everyone panic but it looks like this is more representative of the overall product. :(

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

What did she say when it sounded like she said "Sorry. My face... is tired."? I can't get subtitles to turn on.

Definitely sounds like face. Maybe it was meant to be faith? That's all I can think of.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I hope this is just like the new Brom (suicidal guy) scene from Horizon that made everyone panic but it looks like this is more representative of the overall product. :(

Literally every video I've seen has had atrocious acting. It's not like Horizon where you had that ONE Brom scene that everyone was posting, I've seen lots of ME:A scenes and the VAs are all really poorly directed.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Literally every video I've seen has had atrocious acting. It's not like Horizon where you had that ONE Brom scene that everyone was posting, I've seen lots of ME:A scenes and the VAs are all really poorly directed.

Agreed. I tried to sit through Giant Bomb's preview and fell asleep.

The eyes are all hosed up too, not even natural eye colours.

This is the last game of my huge discount score from old E3 30% off sales (when games were also $20 cheaper in Canada) and they're making it really difficult to keep my pre-order even at less than half price.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ineffiable posted:

Consensus is very dividing, almost like horizon (the very early looks). Some people like me:a and there's a few people that seem to be hating on it just to hate on it. Wait and see what your favorite reviewers say.

I'm hearing the multiplayer is pretty solid and that's all some people wanted.

Horizon wasn't divided at all, critics universally praised the game in reviews a week prior to its release. The only controversy came from a few dumb goons who looked at one (bad) cutscene and decided the game was trash, rather than the growing abundance of evidence that suggests Andromeda is not so good, Al.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

I'm going to grind paragon points before that conversation so I can massage her face.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I think we all know that feeling

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

So I died about 45 minutes in during the boss from the demo and I'm guessing what happened after was supposed to happen? Or did I gently caress up?

you hosed up in the sense that you died, yes

you can't save during the prologue, so if you die, well... gently caress you I guess?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It says that but it still auto saves after specific things like boss fights.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Trolled by Taro again

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Or at least it sets a restart point if you die. I don't know what would happen if you turned off the game and turned it back on at one of those times. Who would do that anyway, especially in the age of being able to suspend games?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm guessing it's probably just a soft checkpoint but I'm not testing it to find out.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Manatee Cannon posted:

you hosed up in the sense that you died, yes

you can't save during the prologue, so if you die, well... gently caress you I guess?

Seems like incredibly bad design if you can't save in a prologue and that prologue lasts 45+ minutes and you can die in it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is it bad design if it's deliberate?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yes?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I found a point where it makes a secret hard autosave right after surprise moving the plot forward, preventing you from being able to load your save to go back and finish the sidequests you just surprise failed :discourse: yoko taro

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Does it actually fail all your quests? I got to a bit where it forces you to do the main plot line and all the sidequest markers disappeared but they were back after I finished that bit.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
gag ending
I died by eating a fish and got a gag ending. I hadn't saved for a while. It was gone
Not having autosave sure made that moment really effective. I kinda like it. this thing which we tell you is bad for you, ended up killing you. tough luck

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

I didn't like the eng dub in the Nier demo, is it representative?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sefal posted:

gag ending
I died by eating a fish and got a gag ending. I hadn't saved for a while. It was gone
Not having autosave sure made that moment really effective. I kinda like it. this thing which we tell you is bad for you, ended up killing you. tough luck
Huh, is that a different gag ending than the one I got from pulling out 2B's OS chip? Mine's marked as T on what I assume is the ending list.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The dub is really loving good, especially as the game gets further along. It has both language tracks either way but.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Does it actually fail all your quests? I got to a bit where it forces you to do the main plot line and all the sidequest markers disappeared but they were back after I finished that bit.

I've not finished the game (I'm at the end of the 3rd playthrough), but from what I understand you will be able to go back and complete every quest eventually so nothing's entirely misable. you just temporarily get locked out

Samurai Sanders posted:

Huh, is that a different gag ending than the one I got from pulling out 2B's OS chip? Mine's marked as T on what I assume is the ending list.

it's different. there are a bunch of gag endings and they each have a different letter on the ending list

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Of the 24 endings, 5 of them are "actual" endings and the others are from doing stupid poo poo like that yes.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Samurai Sanders posted:

mine is marked as K, You get the fish from jackass and it's in your inventory. eat it and 2B dies. there is another gag ending I found. but I won't say anything

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Peel posted:

I didn't like the eng dub in the Nier demo, is it representative?

I didn't like it much either in the demo but I got used to it fairly quickly and I actually like it a fair bit now.

Sakurazuka posted:

There's a bit a bit later on from that that does lock you out of the sidequests for the rest of that playthrough. All I'll say about that is, keep playing the game.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

kirbysuperstar posted:

Of the 24 endings, 5 of them are "actual" endings and the others are from doing stupid poo poo like that yes.
Holy lol.

edit: did the first Nier have that many gag endings and I never knew?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

There's only one missable thing in the game, which does affect a trophy but there's a way around that that you'll know about long before that point in time. So yeah, don't worry.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Holy lol.

edit: did the first Nier have that many gag endings and I never knew?

it didn't have any at all as far as I'm aware

kirbysuperstar posted:

There's only one missable thing in the game, which does affect a trophy but there's a way around that that you'll know about long before that point in time. So yeah, don't worry.

are you talking about the lunar tear sidequest because I did notice that I can't do that anymore

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

are you talking about the lunar tear sidequest because I did notice that I can't do that anymore

Nah, you should be able to still do that if you only went halfway before moving on or something.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Manatee Cannon posted:

it didn't have any at all as far as I'm aware
Whew okay, I wondered if I had missed a whole aspect of the first Nier, like one could miss the ash lake in Dark Souls. It is definitely that kind of game.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I bought the witcher 3 expansion pass on a whim and I'm redownloading the main game currently, is the season pass a separate download?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

Nah, you should be able to still do that if you only went halfway before moving on or something.

well I'm near the end of the 3rd playthrough, so

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Manatee Cannon posted:

well I'm near the end of the 3rd playthrough, so

Keep playing the game.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

So far I've encountered 4 gag endings and some of therm are really funny.

1. Dying in the prologue. (I was briefly mad about having to replay the whole thing but it wasn't that bad)
2. Taking out my OS chip
3. Self destructing while on the bunker, destroying it
4. When the game told me to immediately go address some dire threat I tried to run off in another direction to do a sidequest and immediately got an ending where we abandoned our mission lmao

This game rules

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

I'm nearing the end of the second playthrough and can't wait for the 3rd playthrough to go back to the strong point of the gameplay loop but I was expecting a lot worse from the second playthrough. 9S is a lot less kinetic but sweeping attacks with Iron Will are very effective, just don't use it to counterattack, always use the Pod. Also don't forget to attach a secondary attack to the pods.

Someone mentioned problems mashing Square at what I assume is the second run, but I'd recommend going between Square and Triangle, especially at the later monk fights and the golden boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've only gotten one gag ending and it's kind of a bummer that I haven't seen more, though in retrospect there's probably a few choices I could have made to get weird side endings.