Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

sassassin posted:

Because your team isn't hench as gently caress too, right?
It's really not. I was running a +2 Nino, an Anna, a Sharena and a Klein. Yeah, those middle two have BST up the rear end, but it was going fine until the game decided to poo poo on my parade. I was mistaken though because one unit was a regular old level 40, which probably "balanced" things out. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Yeah, the inheritance system makes the duplicates more interesting, indeed.
Just munched an extra Jacob for an ultra-boring Defense +3 for Anna, by that may go well with Vantage if I also add Ardent Sacrifice?

Another straightforward combo: a brave weapon plus dating blow?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Philip Rivers posted:

@Clarste what about just running Attack +3 over Fury 3 on Moonbow/QR Eirika? For the first pull its the same damage output since speed doesn't matter with QR and it's more likely to keep you above 70% health. Also I think skills are getting removed from the BST calculation for 1.2

When she's getting hit in the face by Lucina I don't think she's coming out of there with over 70% health, with or without Fury. Frankly, Lucina is stronger than her and would win the fight in normal circumstances, which is why I need to cheat with Moonbow and Quick Riposte in the first place. I don't especially mind getting only one use out the skill though, especially if it's a good use. I mean, I use Hector to bait Takumi all the time and that takes him below 80%. And, well, as I posted a little while ago, I'm probably going to be using a healer in my arena teams for the foreseeable future, since I keep drawing one with every banner.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

OddObserver posted:

Yeah, the inheritance system makes the duplicates more interesting, indeed.
Just munched an extra Jacob for an ultra-boring Defense +3 for Anna, by that may go well with Vantage if I also add Ardent Sacrifice?

Arent Sacrifice alone is good on Anna. Anna really wants Fury, but if you don't have it, attack +3 probably would have been better. She's got paper-thin defenses regardless, so it's better to just up her attack.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I kind of want to run both Tharja and Nino with both of them having Hone atk and Draw back to buff and help each other

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Giving Marth and Sharena Moonbow seems like a no-brainer to me! I haven't decided what else I want to do yet, but I'll play around.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Really not digging the skill inheritance system. Shifts the game balance towards whales way further than before, introduces an additional feather sink that manages to be even more brutal than the one-time 20k feathers for a 5*, and reduces all characters to unique traits at best or stat sticks at worst.

Not gonna lie, was pretty wary of the whole concept since they first mentioned it, but the lack of restrictions is mind-boggling. I'm likely going through the new 3 orbs quests to fuel a few more pulls, then I might just shelve the game indefinitely.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

OddObserver posted:

If you're using a brave weapon forget speed and pump attack with Death Blow/Fury/Life & Death etc.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Sophism posted:

Really not digging the skill inheritance system.

I am it's cool.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Cool.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Does Leo with knockback make him good again?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

I think a lot of people are afraid of what other people might be doing with it, but the game was already broken and lopsided wrt whales and filthy poors.

Now at least there are more silly combos accessible to everyone to abuse, rather than just the people who rolled lucky.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Paul Zuvella posted:

Ranged units can't inherit Knockback, Lunge, or Drag Back.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

So... skill inheritance. Help, I have no idea what skills to give whom.

My usual squad is Abel, Eirika, Nino, and Olivia. I'm training up Sharena (plan to eventually make her 5*) and I'm going to try to get Ninian with those Training Tower orb quests. I tried doing a couple pulls today but twice the gacha didn't give me any blue orbs and I wound up with a loving 5* Rebecca for my trouble. BAH. Can I mulch Rebecca for anything useful?

Anyway, skills. I actually have two Ninos. One is 5* with -HP/+Atk and the other is 4* with -Atk/+Spd. I read Fury is good for Nino and some manner of proc skill?

What about the others? I was thinking maybe putting a Rally skill on Eirika to buff Nino further. She already does speed and some attack from her sword. Sharena does Defense, so perhaps Eirika could have Rally Resistance? That way I wouldn't need Azura ever.

Oh, Eirika is -HP/+Speed and Abel is -Speed/+Atk, if that helps.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Leo cannot learn Knock Back from any unit because of movement-type limitations. Still poo poo. Sorry.

Edit: Silver Falcon, if you're unsure, just wait. This update was only a few hours ago. No one knows exactly how it's going to play out. If you're unsure, waiting a few days to see what combinations folk work out are the best is the way to go.

The only thing you need to be aware with Nino and Gronnblade is that and proc skill will be slower by one action. I have Draconic Aura on my Nino, which usually activates on three actions, but that's turned to four now. That's still fine because an extra 30% damage on that last dude I've been kiting is usually when it comes into play.

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Mar 16, 2017

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

What are the best skills to give Hector? I was considering Wings of Mercy 1-3 from Cain.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Quick Riposte is hilariously great on slower units.

40+8 Eirika.

Her death also charged up Glimmer which let Sharena murder another unit the next turn.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

What are the best skills to give Hector? I was considering Wings of Mercy 1-3 from Cain.

That could certainly be very effective.

I'm having problems with my own Hector since he's been losing trades against other Hectors (I think mine is -Spd/+Res, which is looking more and more like the worst possible Hector nature). I'm not sure what I should do, though; my 5* selection is pretty limited and Hector is a great character...

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I've had that problem too. Hector should be able to learn Axebreaker, which could help.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I've had that problem too. Hector should be able to learn Axebreaker, which could help.

That should work. Thank you!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Booo, guess I'm permanently shelving Leo. He doesn't even bring anything interesting skill inheritance wise!

I'm kind of at a loss of what to do with skill inheritance because:

a) A ton of my good units need b skills + specials

b) Most of my good units are blue

c) I have no good red dudes.

Anyone that can help me sort out some stuff would be greatly helpful! Gonna make a big post.

My box!

Units I want to inherit skills onto

Linde
Nowi
Effie
Takumi
Seliph
Sheena
Tharja
Camilla

Units I might possibly use if Skill inheritance can save them

Jeorge
Jacob

Everyone else is fair game to be inherited (I think, if you see anything sticking out let me know)

Right now I'm thinking

Odin -> Linde (RTombbreaker and Moonbow) [side note, I would make her less squishy if I could]
Barst ->Sheena (Knockback and Reposition)
Cherche ->Effie (Pivot and Fortify Defense)

Other than that I'm at a bit of a loss. If you see anything obvious please let me know!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

AweStriker posted:

That could certainly be very effective.

I'm having problems with my own Hector since he's been losing trades against other Hectors (I think mine is -Spd/+Res, which is looking more and more like the worst possible Hector nature). I'm not sure what I should do, though; my 5* selection is pretty limited and Hector is a great character...

Are you attacking Hector? Never attack Hector. His weapon gives him Quick Riposte, which lets him get a free double attack when he's above 80% HP. Just walk up to him and stand there, and he'll attack your guy first and then you'll win.

And frankly, attacking anyone first is always a bad idea unless you can ORKO or otherwise finish them off that turn. The defender inherently has the advantage in this game, because they can get more attacks done sooner as long as they can survive and counter.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
skill inheritance isn't going to help my favourites so I'm just gonna focus on waiting on orbs and Ike.

Actually, I just wish there's a note system so I can make oddly specific setups. ex: a healer/dancer with hone armor for armor teams

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Clarste posted:

Are you attacking Hector? Never attack Hector. His weapon gives him Quick Riposte, which lets him get a free double attack when he's above 80% HP. Just walk up to him and stand there, and he'll attack your guy first and then you'll win.

And frankly, attacking anyone first is always a bad idea unless you can ORKO or otherwise finish them off that turn. The defender inherently has the advantage in this game, because they can get more attacks done sooner as long as they can survive and counter.

No, I'm doing basically what you describe. The issue I'm running into is that the Hectors I usually see are fast enough to double mine even without the Armads' Quick Riposte, so I take twice as many attacks at lower health.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Even if your Hector is -SPD, he shouldn't be getting doubled by other Hectors unless they're +SPD or have an ally giving them a Speed buff.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

:getin:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

AweStriker posted:

No, I'm doing basically what you describe. The issue I'm running into is that the Hectors I usually see are fast enough to double mine even without the Armads' Quick Riposte, so I take twice as many attacks at lower health.

I guess if they have +Spd and you have -Spd that'll happen, but I wouldn't expect +Spd Hectors to be especially common. Well, I guess if you need to do that then that's what you need to do, but personally I think it's a waste of a skill slot on a valuable character like Hector. You don't have any mages or reds or anything other than Hector to deal with Hector? Even Olivia can kill a Hector.

You could also give Hone Spd to another character on your team, which would solve your problem and also be more generally valuable.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Just got hit by a teleporting Takumi.

Yup, I'm done with this game.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Clarste posted:

I guess if they have +Spd and you have -Spd that'll happen, but I wouldn't expect +Spd Hectors to be especially common. Well, I guess if you need to do that then that's what you need to do, but personally I think it's a waste of a skill slot on a valuable character like Hector. You don't have any mages or reds or anything other than Hector to deal with Hector? Even Olivia can kill a Hector.

You could also give Hone Spd to another character on your team, which would solve your problem and also be more generally valuable.

Even Seliph can kill a Hector.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Wings of Mercy? Didn't think of that.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Clarste posted:

Closest I have is MRobin. Given the way bonus score works I'd have to run Olivia/Hector/Ephraim/bonus to get anything resembling a decent score. (Ephraim is simply Too Good at deleting reds).

e: or use say Eirika instead of Olivia. That would work too maybe.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

AweStriker posted:

Closest I have is MRobin. Given the way bonus score works I'd have to run Olivia/Hector/Ephraim/bonus to get anything resembling a decent score. (Ephraim is simply Too Good at deleting reds).

If you have Olivia in your party, then just use her to kill Hector.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Yorkshire Tea posted:

lol

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Clarste posted:

If you have Olivia in your party, then just use her to kill Hector.

A standard Olivia loses to Hector 1v1.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
are we having this discussion again

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Yorkshire Tea posted:

They had to have known this could happen, right?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Paul Zuvella posted:

Wings of Mercy? Didn't think of that.

Wings of Mercy EVERYTHING

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Cain is now the most wanted hero in game.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Yorkshire Tea posted:

A standard Olivia loses to Hector 1v1.

Tired Moritz posted:

are we having this discussion again

We've already proven that a standard Olivia will beat Hector 1v1. Just don't attack on the 2nd turn either, since you need 5 hits to kill him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Are any of Ephraim's skills particularly important? I'm keen to replace 'em all with extra mobility options if possible.