Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Agean90 posted:

okay how the hell do you accedetnly kill a baby in whats supposted to be a targeted raid? did they toss grenades into a nursery???

Call an air strike on a building that contains both babies AND bad guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Samurai Sanders posted:

I thought it did that when the president was the other party.

They align more when they agree ideologically obviously, but it's not like the 2009 Congress took Obama's budget proposal and just passed it. Didn't happen for Bush either when he had Congress on his side. WH budgets are just a way for an administration to signal what they'd like to do.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Agean90 posted:

okay how the hell do you accedetnly kill a baby in whats supposted to be a targeted raid? did they toss grenades into a nursery???

Call of duty has its next edgy setpiece

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Mr Hootington posted:

The snow appears yellow this morning. A bad omen.

mr president no

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Agean90 posted:

That actually happened in 2014: http://abcnews.go.com/US/family-toddler-injured-swat-grenade-faces-1m-medical/story?id=27671521

quote:

Alecia and Bounkham Phonesavanh never imagined their family would be at the center of a controversy over the militarization of police. But that’s exactly where they found themselves when their toddler was seriously injured by a SWAT team, also leaving them with a $1 million medical bill they have no hope of paying.

“They messed up,” Alecia Phonesavanh told ABC News' "20/20." “They had a faulty search warrant. They raided the wrong house.”

The family crowded into a former garage converted into a bedroom: parents Bounkham and Alecia, 7-year-old Emma, 5-year-old Mali, 3-year-old Charlie and 18-month-old Bounkham Jr., known as “Bou Bou.” It was a tight squeeze but only temporary. After two months the family had found a new house in Wisconsin and was planning to return home.

At approximately 2 a.m. May 28, the family awakened to a blinding flash and loud explosion in their bedroom. A Special Response Team (aka SWAT team) from the Habersham County Sheriff's Office burst unannounced into the bedroom where they were sleeping. According to police reports, Habersham Deputy Charles Long threw a “flash-bang” grenade – a diversionary device used by police and military – into the room. It landed in Bou Bou’s pack-and-play.

What they didn’t realize at the time was that the blast from the flash-bang grenade severely burned Bou Bou’s face and torso and collapsed his left lung. Alecia says the officers wouldn’t allow her to see her child before he was whisked away in an ambulance.

“I asked if he got hurt. And they said, ‘No, your son is fine. He has not sustained any serious injury,” Alecia Phonesavanh remembers. “They ended up telling us that he had lost a tooth.”

But her husband became alarmed after seeing a pool of blood and the condition of the crib. “Burnt marks on the bottom of the crib where he sleep[s],” recalls Bounkham Phonesavanh. “And the pillow blown apart.”

Bou Bou was rushed to Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta where doctors placed him in a medically induced coma. “His chest wall had torn down to muscle,” says Dr. Walter Ingram, head of Grady’s burn trauma unit. “And it tore his face down to bone, down to his teeth.”

I only remember this because my uncle-in-law was one of the pediatricians that helped the baby with their recovery.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Agean90 posted:

:nws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b7TaLjdXMc :nws:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Robert Plant posted:

Hello. Has the dumbshit done any dumb poo poo this morning?

Woke up

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Mr Hootington posted:

The snow appears yellow this morning. A bad omen.

you should eat yellow snow is the moral of the song

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Drunkboxer posted:

Call an air strike on a building that contains both babies AND bad guys

Wow when you think about it those bad guys were using human shields by living in their homes with their families. What cowards, didnt they know that the us has the right to take their lives for any reason at any time?????

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

Agean90 posted:

if you haven't already read it, this is probably the most detailed account about the raid and its wider context
https://theintercept.com/2017/03/09/women-and-children-in-yemeni-village-recall-horror-of-trumps-highly-successful-seal-raid/

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Agean90 posted:

Pigs do that in the US

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

zegermans posted:

Pigs do that in the US

I'd like to see you decide in less than a second if that toddler is really aiming a gun at you.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

gradenko_2000 posted:

That actually happened in 2014: http://abcnews.go.com/US/family-toddler-injured-swat-grenade-faces-1m-medical/story?id=27671521

I only remember this because my uncle-in-law was one of the pediatricians that helped the baby with their recovery.

Please tell me there were consequences for this.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
good morning

https://twitter.com/KagroX/status/842151151797735424

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Al! posted:

Call of duty has its next edgy setpiece

Remember, no baby talk

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Mimesweeper posted:

I'd like to see you decide in less than a second if that toddler is really aiming a gun at you.

If the toddler had a gun this wouldn'thave happened

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Azuth0667 posted:

Please tell me there were consequences for this.

LAMO!

quote:

In December, former Georgia sheriff's deputy Nikki Autry was found not guilty of charges stemming from her role in the 'no-knock' drug raid.
Autry was the only law enforcement officer charged in the raid.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3466494/Family-baby-injured-raid-awarded-3-6-million.html#ixzz4bUirmvll

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

zegermans posted:

Pigs do that in the US

i hate walking around Philadelphia and seeing a police officer in full battle rattle. its creepy as poo poo. either enlist, or just wear your body armor vest and side arm. No need to for molle vests and poo poo. That just puts people like me on edge. I always think, like is this guy stable enough to be carrying that? How often has he shot the M4? Is it zeroed? I loving hope so.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I'm the TRUMP logo that looks like it came from Squizzle's flashy text website

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Look at that watch digging into his fat arm.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Kempo Yellow Belt posted:

i hate walking around Philadelphia and seeing a police officer in full battle rattle. its creepy as poo poo. either enlist, or just wear your body armor vest and side arm. No need to for molle vests and poo poo. That just puts people like me on edge. I always think, like is this guy stable enough to be carrying that? How often has he shot the M4? Is it zeroed? I loving hope so.

The military ostensibly has fitness reqs

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

The Ape of Naples posted:

Look at that watch digging into his fat arm.

:same:
fat wrist little hands.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

in his first 2 months trump has managed to both do less than most presidents do in their first two weeks and somehow lock in his worst potus since reconstruction status

thats amazing

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
He is out golfing again? On a Thursday? Lol

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Agean90 posted:

Mark 19 will leave a nice casualty radius, they were probably firing a few of those

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
Here's some more hosed up poo poo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jose_Guerena_shooting

quote:

Asleep after returning from a 12-hour overnight shift at the ASARCO Mission mine, Guerena was awakened about 9:30 am by his wife who heard noises outside their house, later identified as flash/bang grenades deployed by police in the back yard as a diversion.[4] He instructed his wife and 4-year-old son to hide inside a closet while he grabbed his AR-15 rifle and crouched down preparing to defend himself from the unidentified people breaking and entering into his home. The Sheriff's Department initially claimed that Guerena had fired on officers; at least three of the SWAT members including the team commander reported in their post-operation debriefings that they had observed muzzle flashes aimed at them from inside the house.[5] After an examination of the rifle Guerena allegedly pointed at the officers however, it was determined that the rifle had not been fired; the safety was still engaged. Other officers claimed they saw splinters from the doorjamb being hit by bullets; the shots that caused this were determined to come from other members of the SWAT team themselves.[6] "There were five officers at the door beginning to make entry into this home, when they engaged this individual that they believed was actually firing at them."[7] Other versions of this story claim that officers started shooting after Guerena pointed the gun at them, though under questioning they were initially unsure whether he had actually moved to target them.[5] A video of the raid shows roughly 38 seconds expired from the time the police briefly sounded a siren upon pulling into Guerena's driveway until they shot him.[8] At this point the five person team fired at least 71 rounds at Guerena in less than seven seconds, who died after being hit 22 times.[9][10]
Guerena's wife called 911 to request medical assistance for her husband shortly after the shooting. Paramedics, however, were instructed to hold back. Guerena was denied attention, for about one hour, until the team declared the "area secured". Ambulance crews were then notified they were no longer needed, one hour and fourteen minutes after Guerena's wife's call to 911.[9][11] An official autopsy report was released on 6 June. It confirmed that Guerena had been shot 22 times, including one grazing shot to the head. No drugs were found in his system. The medical examiner expressed doubts that medics could have saved Guerena, even if they had reached him quickly. The report also notes that the body showed "no evidence of medical intervention".[12]
The former U.S. Army Staff Sergeant Anthony Schiessl was asked to review a video from the raid. Schiessl has seven years of experience as an Army Combat Engineer, including three deployments to Iraq. Schiessl said the raid was "amateur, undisciplined, unrehearsed and ineffective."

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

A lot of the time their weapon won't even be on safe. It's kinda sad lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What happened to Malaysian 370

Cabin depressurization ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bad babies

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Is the Federal Hiring freeze still in affect? In VA hospitals?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I love how the courts knock downs of the Muslim bans raise the question of whether the USAs entire Warren terror is a racist genocide

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Is the Federal Hiring freeze still in affect? In VA hospitals?

Not if you are a medical professional. Other than that, I believe so.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Easy 300

Look at that back fat

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Not if you are a medical professional. Other than that, I believe so.
My brother's a VA social worker and said his department was understaffed from before Trump took office and maybe will be forever. But was it as a result of the hiring freeze or just because lol social workers who needs them?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Mar 16, 2017

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

jfc, imagine what Trump's going to look like at the end of his 8 years?

Trick question, he's going to have a fast-food induced heart attack before then.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

trumps dick dont work

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

jfc, imagine what Trump's going to look like at the end of his 8 years?

Trick question, he's going to have a fast-food induced heart attack before then.

lol your prez is a fat sack of poo poo

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

euphronius posted:

I love how the courts knock downs of the Muslim bans raise the question of whether the USAs entire Warren terror is a racist genocide

im starting to wonder if accelerationism works

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Just a thought but could it be that people like the guy from Kentucky that McCain said works for Putin is in reality being blackmailed by Russia. Maybe they hacked his emails and have some dirt on him thereby forcing him to vote nay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Reading that budget and I agree. Let's burn down museums and sell off our art and culture to close that budget deficits gap.

• Locked thread