Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
TRUMP https://mobile.twitter.com/edballs/status/63623585020915713?lang=en

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

trump schedule for today

10:30AM Leads a bilateral meeting with the Taoiseach of Ireland - Oval Office
11:45AM Departs the White House en route to the United States Capitol - South Portico
12:05PM Participates in and makes remarks at the Friends of Ireland Luncheon - United States Capitol
1:35PM Departs the United States Capitol en route to the White House - United States Capitol
5:45PM Welcomes the Taoiseach and Mrs. Kenny of Ireland - Diplomatic Room
6:00PM Makes remarks at the St. Patricks Day Reception - East Room

spicey time is 2pm

trump's st patricks day reception remarks will also be streamed live by the WH

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

tacodaemon posted:

trump schedule for today

10:30AM Leads a bilateral meeting with the Taoiseach of Ireland - Oval Office
11:45AM Departs the White House en route to the United States Capitol - South Portico
12:05PM Participates in and makes remarks at the Friends of Ireland Luncheon - United States Capitol
1:35PM departs the United States Capitol en route to the White House - United States Capitol
5:45PM welcomes the Taoiseach and Mrs. Kenny of Ireland - Diplomatic Room
6:00PM makes remarks at the St. Patricks Day Reception - East Room

spicey time is 2pm

trump's st patricks day reception remarks will also be streamed live by the WH

Waiting for him to call the Irish "potato elves" without quotations.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the college basketball tournament starts in 2 hours

the perfect time for trump do stuff without anyone looking

also #boycotthawaii is trending, it's not racist, nope

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i no poo poo got some salsa and cheddar popcorn ready for this

https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/842375254123126784

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

lol i missed this pool report from 10:39pm last night. apparently spicey is really excited about the ireland stuff today and merkel won't go to mar-a-lago

quote:

*Subject:* *3/15 Travel pool #18 - Spicer quickie *

Earlier in the flight Spicer came back to say the president spoke about the travel restraining order at the rally and his words carry more weight but answered a couple questions very shortly.

- Spicer said Trump felt the original travel ban was drafted correctly from the beginning but that it would drag on and Trump wanted to get it over with.

- Spicer was asked if he saw the TRO that cited Stephen Miller's comments about the travel ban. Spicer said he has not read it yet but the lawyers are looking at it now.

- Spicer was asked about the president's comments that the second version is the watered down version.

Spicer said yes, he "tailored it to the court which is what he said and "I don't think it's anything inconsistent with what he said."

Spicer said the president "still stands by the very first executive order."

- Scoop: Briefing at "2ish tomorrow" because Spicer is really pumped for the visit of Taoiseach Enda Kenny.

- Angela Merkel will not go to mar-a-lago

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.sanders.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/sanders-statement-on-trumps-budget

quote:

President Trump's budget is morally obscene and bad economic policy. It will cause devastating pain to the very people Trump promised to help during the campaign. At a time of massive income and wealth inequality, when 43 million Americans are living in poverty and half of older Americans have no retirement savings, we should not slash programs that senior citizens, children and working people rely on in order to provide a massive increase in spending to the military industrial complex. Trump's priorities are exactly opposite of where we should be heading as a nation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moNHfeBJ81I

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

mormonpartyboat posted:

i no poo poo got some salsa and cheddar popcorn ready for this

https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/842375254123126784

That sounds like a good time

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

pisssec

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Vertical Lime posted:

also #boycotthawaii is trending, it's not racist, nope

Bbbut where will all the middle class exceptionally annoying about to be married early 30 somethings that don't understand going to Hawaii to have their wedding forces all their family and friends to dip into their savings account to even attend, and they have the GALL to also ask for a financial donation to their wedding on top of this poo poo? God dammit

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Louisgod posted:

Bbbut where will all the middle class exceptionally annoying about to be married early 30 somethings that don't understand going to Hawaii to have their wedding forces all their family and friends to dip into their savings account to even attend, and they have the GALL to also ask for a financial donation to their wedding on top of this poo poo? God dammit

what? 'we dont want wedding presents give us money?' lol wtf

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 214 days!

we didn't like the goblins so we elected an orc

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Louisgod posted:

yeh people are insanely thoughtful

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

CortezFantastic posted:

god trump is such a disgusting slob

“You’re obviously not a skin man,” Trump said. He later reiterated the point, pounded the table and said, “which is okay.” He added, “I wish I wasn’t.”

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
I've not been following the debate on the Muslim ban so excuse me if I'm asking something painfully obvious here. I'm just curious about how Trump's base attempt to justify it.

The Muslim population has basically integrated seamlessly in the US, right? No clustering/ghettoes, decent education levels, a higher than average employment rate. In short, none of the issues facing Europe which generally speaking sucks at integration.

I guess what I'm asking is: In Europe this makes Muslim immigrants a fairly convenient whipping boy/scapegoat for all of society's ills for right wing shitheads but how does the xenophobia lobbed at Muslims in the US actually look?

Is it less "drat welfare queens took our jobs!" and more "yeah, they look nice - but just you wait; any one them'll commit a terrorism on ya the minute you turn your back"?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
drat what's goin on in France today

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
hawaiian style pizza not in this household

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

I have nostalgia for these commercials what is wrong with me.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/842377154344058880

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

PerilPastry posted:

I've not been following the debate on the Muslim ban so excuse me if I'm asking something painfully obvious here. I'm just curious about how Trump's base attempt to justify it.

The Muslim population has basically integrated seamlessly in the US, right? No clustering/ghettoes, decent education levels, a higher than average employment rate. In short, none of the issues facing Europe which generally speaking sucks at integration.

I guess what I'm asking is: In Europe this makes Muslim immigrants a fairly convenient whipping boy/scapegoat for all of society's ills for right wing shitheads but how does the xenophobia lobbed at Muslims in the US actually look?

Is it less "drat welfare queens took our jobs!" and more "yeah, they look nice - but just you wait; any one them'll commit a terrorism on ya the minute you turn your back"?

lol at u thinkin americans need a reason to hate somebody

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

PerilPastry posted:

I'm just curious about how Trump's base attempt to justify it.

they dont even bother

these are people that cheered at the pershing pig blood story

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

what? 'we dont want wedding presents give us money?' lol wtf

You've never run into these people? They're the worst

Family friend that helps us watch our kids every so often was over yesterday was freaking out her friend getting married in Hawaii asked for financial donations to their wedding AND presents. It happens a lot.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

t o o m u c h v a p o r w a v e

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
MUSLIM FREE ZONE, i tattooed on my lower back,

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

is capitalist plot

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

PerilPastry posted:

gently caress MUZZIES AND THEIR SHARIA LAW TERRORISMS is basically the extent of it

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Louisgod posted:

You've never run into these people? They're the worst

Family friend that helps us watch our kids every so often was over yesterday was freaking out her friend getting married in Hawaii asked for financial donations to their wedding AND presents. It happens a lot.

id just tell em money problems are the root of many divorces and that i wont be a party to such ninsense! jesus i thought it was bad when i had to go to pigeon forge for my cousins wedding

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
the mcrib is back baby

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Come work at the wall sponsered by mcrib

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

PerilPastry posted:

I've not been following the debate on the Muslim ban

also if you want some solid accessible reading, sarah jeong has been doing some writeups that are v good and informative

https://tinyletter.com/airports/archive

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

brave tweeters pretending they aren't owned when Donald J. Trump is the eternal president of the United States of America

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
a wall made of mcrib patties

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Third World Reggin posted:

the mcrib is back baby

*throws grenade*

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

PerilPastry posted:

muslims have, historically, had no issues integrating in any western country that respected them, but they've had rises and falls of being 'the enemy' or not that have led to them being attacked.

Like, they don't need 'justifying', the logic is literally 'wait...some Muslims do bad things...SO ALL MUSLIMS DO BAD THINGS????'

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

mormonpartyboat posted:

a wall made of mcrib patties

- My heart surgeon

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

should i cancel my ME preorder cuz Horizon is making it looking lovely

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/McDonalds/status/197355589360300035

Overthrowing capital. How about y'all?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Third World Reggin posted:

the mcrib is back baby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEJo7x9y3D4

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

PerilPastry posted:

the funny thing is muslims leaned heavily republican before 9/11 lol oops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/842159696182181888

• Locked thread