Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/sunnyright/status/842372069887205376

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/257552283850653696

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The right wing in America has been fanatically anti Muslim since at least the 1980s

The right wing churches really get in on it. Any right wing American is packed to the gills with supposed Muslim "facts"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
FRIENDSHIP ENDED WITH GRIMMACE. THE BURGER KING IS MY NEW FRIEND.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

you never see an old man eating a twix

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

PerilPastry posted:

I've not been following the debate on the Muslim ban so excuse me if I'm asking something painfully obvious here. I'm just curious about how Trump's base attempt to justify it.

The Muslim population has basically integrated seamlessly in the US, right? No clustering/ghettoes, decent education levels, a higher than average employment rate. In short, none of the issues facing Europe which generally speaking sucks at integration.

I guess what I'm asking is: In Europe this makes Muslim immigrants a fairly convenient whipping boy/scapegoat for all of society's ills for right wing shitheads but how does the xenophobia lobbed at Muslims in the US actually look?

Is it less "drat welfare queens took our jobs!" and more "yeah, they look nice - but just you wait; any one them'll commit a terrorism on ya the minute you turn your back"?

the argument is that all the information you're referring to is incorrect, and this brown-skinned population is actually totally lawless and consists entirely of authoritarian rapists that can't integrate into our communities due to tribalism

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Joementum posted:

Christie is so fat lol

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

EXCLUSIVE: Nazi-Allied Group Claims Top Trump Aide Sebastian Gorka As Sworn Member

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

PerilPastry posted:

I've not been following the debate on the Muslim ban so excuse me if I'm asking something painfully obvious here. I'm just curious about how Trump's base attempt to justify it.

The Muslim population has basically integrated seamlessly in the US, right? No clustering/ghettoes, decent education levels, a higher than average employment rate. In short, none of the issues facing Europe which generally speaking sucks at integration.

I guess what I'm asking is: In Europe this makes Muslim immigrants a fairly convenient whipping boy/scapegoat for all of society's ills for right wing shitheads but how does the xenophobia lobbed at Muslims in the US actually look?

Is it less "drat welfare queens took our jobs!" and more "yeah, they look nice - but just you wait; any one them'll commit a terrorism on ya the minute you turn your back"?

I've gone to a baseball game and seen a guy wearing a "ENGLISH IS AMERICA'S LANGUAGE" t-shirt, what do you think? Lol

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.

PerilPastry posted:

People have shot and killed Hindus and Sikhs because they "look Muslim" so we're not talking about the most rational segment of our population here.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/842360323168452609

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
radical mcdonalds terrorism

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

:tif:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

kaleedity posted:

the argument is that all the information you're referring to is incorrect, and this brown-skinned population is actually totally lawless and consists entirely of authoritarian rapists that can't integrate into our communities due to tribalism

Now let me tell you about my doctor who's one of the good ones

Gorka getting deported would be the funniest poo poo.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
The major failing of all these right wing boycotts is you need to actually make money to be able to boycott something.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/_cingraham/status/842362335603920896

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Louisgod posted:

Bbbut where will all the middle class exceptionally annoying about to be married early 30 somethings that don't understand going to Hawaii to have their wedding forces all their family and friends to dip into their savings account to even attend, and they have the GALL to also ask for a financial donation to their wedding on top of this poo poo? God dammit

Close, but the groom is almost 40.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Cant wait for Fat Donald Trump to declare that the Frnce school shooting was isis and that McDonald's is a failing corporation with bad burgs in one single tweet

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

https://twitter.com/dbrauer/status/842380855305687041

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

wouldnt it be an axis group then thinkmoj.bmp

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

tacodaemon posted:

trump schedule for today

10:30AM Leads a bilateral meeting with the Taoiseach of Ireland - Oval Office
11:45AM Departs the White House en route to the United States Capitol - South Portico
12:05PM Participates in and makes remarks at the Friends of Ireland Luncheon - United States Capitol
1:35PM Departs the United States Capitol en route to the White House - United States Capitol
5:45PM Welcomes the Taoiseach and Mrs. Kenny of Ireland - Diplomatic Room
6:00PM Makes remarks at the St. Patricks Day Reception - East Room

spicey time is 2pm

trump's st patricks day reception remarks will also be streamed live by the WH

I wonder f trump will be asked about Ireland reunification because of Brexit.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

it's a me

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

D1E posted:

This man is literally Baron Vladimir Harkonnen.

Someone hook him up with a fat man gravity harness.

I'm so far behind at this point, but I misread this as fat man gravy harness

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
nothing quite as exciting as a mcdonald's mcresist to start out the morning

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/GlennThrush/status/842381184877359104
lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
2 PH hotels scenes of US Navy scandal

quote:

SAN DIEGO, California — The Manila Hotel’s MacArthur Suite served as the setting of a wild sex party for US Navy officials and prostitutes provided by a Malaysian defense contractor known as “Fat Leonard” in exchange for classified information.

The party, which included sex acts using historic MacArthur memorabilia, took place during a 2007 port call to the Philippines by the USS Blue Ridge, according to allegations outlined in an indictment unsealed in San Diego on Tuesday.

A night at the MacArthur Suite, which has a balcony with a “stunning view of the Manila Bay,” costs P400,000 [about $8,000], The Manila Hotel reservation office said on Wednesday.

Malaysian businessman Leonard Francis had picked up the tab on widespread debauchery, including a May 2008 “raging multiday party,” with a rotating carousel of prostitutes, during which the conspirators drank all of the Dom Perignon available at the Shangri-La hotel in Manila at a cost of more than $50,000, according to prosecutors.

The latest indictment raises the number of current and former officials charged to 20 in one of the Navy’s worst corruption scandals.

Bruce Loveless, who recently retired, became the second admiral charged in the investigation.

The indictment gives more details in the three-year-old bribery scandal in the US Navy that had appeared to be fading before reemerging even bigger and more sordid than before.

Nine current and former military officers were charged in the latest indictment, including a recently retired rear admiral who collected foreign intelligence for the Navy’s Seventh Fleet.

It gives an extensive list of bribes to the officers from 2006 to 2012 from Francis in exchange for classified shipping schedules and other information to help his company, Glenn Defense Marine Asia.

Officers linked to the bribery scandal called themselves the Lion King’s Harem, the Wolfpack, the Cool Kids and the Brotherhood.

They scouted for others who might also accept sex, trips and other lavish perks from the Malaysia contractor.

One meal during a 2006 port visit to Hong Kong cost $20,435. A dinner during a port call to Singapore that year featured foie gras, oxtail soup, cognac that cost about $2,000 a bottle and cigars at $2,000 a box.

Prosecutors said Francis, nicknamed Fat Leonard for his wide girth, bilked the Navy out of nearly $35 million, largely by overcharging for his company’s services supplying Navy ships in the Pacific with food, water, fuel and other necessities.

Navy officers provided classified information to Francis that helped him beat competitors and, in some instances, commanders steered ships to ports in the Pacific where his company could charge fake tariffs and fees, prosecutors said.

Adm. John Richardson, the Navy’s top officer, vowed on Tuesday to repair damage caused by the scandal.

“This behavior is inconsistent with our standards and the expectations the nation has for us as military professionals,” he said.

“It damages the trust that the nation places in us and is an embarrassment to the Navy,” he added.

Loveless, 53, made no substantive comments during a brief hearing, hours after his arrest at his Coronado home near San Diego.

Magistrate Judge Mitchell Dembin entered a not guilty plea on his behalf and ordered him released without bail. He did not yet have an attorney.

Loveless was an assistant chief of staff, responsible for assessing foreign intelligence in the Seventh Fleet’s area of responsibility, which includes Southeast Asia and Australia.

“Far from doing that, over the course of many years, this defendant participated in wild sex parties,” Patrick Hovakimian, an assistant US attorney, told the judge. “He has shown callous disregard for his duties.”

The judge also entered a not guilty plea on behalf of Enrico DeGuzman, a former Marine colonel, and allowed him to remain free. His attorney did not respond to a request for comment.

Five other defendants were arrested on Tuesday in Texas, Pennsylvania, Florida, Colorado and Virginia.

None had attorneys listed in court documents.

The indictment describes how defendants collaborated to expand their group.

A 2007 e-mail from Robert Gorsuch, a chief warrant officer, to Francis said they were developing “personality profiles” of potential recruits.

A 2008 e-mail to Francis from Lt. Cmdr. Stephen Shedd said that he and another defendant assessed whether an officer was corruptible and concluded, “We still need to be cautious with his participation in events.”

Five executives of Francis’ company also have been charged. Francis has pleaded guilty to fraud and is awaiting sentencing.

“This is a fleecing and betrayal of the United States Navy in epic proportions and it was allegedly carried out by the Navy’s highest-ranking officers,” said Alana W. Robinson, the acting US attorney in San Diego.

To date, 13 defendants have pleaded guilty, including another admiral who was sentenced in June and is believed to be the first active-duty Naval flag officer charged in federal court. Other cases are pending.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

punchymcpunch posted:

you never see an old man eating a twix

Maaaaaaaaars bar bar bar

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

how high do you think Trump can jump?

I'd say 2 inches

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/AprilLaJune/status/842200000654372864

https://twitter.com/tnoutlaw73/status/842365373731205121

https://twitter.com/exaltified/status/842222173477527552

https://twitter.com/DaeshPussy/status/842218865090162688

https://twitter.com/Dan55645/status/842217792933892097

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't PBS kids pratically self-funding anyway? With all the garbage they license Elmo's name on, they have to be making enough to cover most of their costs, right?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

What did the mcdonLds thing say?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/McDonaldsCorp/status/842380484260818945

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
yah that navy scandal poo poo is funny but as someone who was in the navy there are a lot more scandals

but lol they are never being told

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

euphronius posted:

The right wing in America has been fanatically anti Muslim since at least the 1980s
The right wing churches really get in on it. Any right wing American is packed to the gills with supposed Muslim "facts"

yeah any depictions of the Arab or Muslim world in the 80s-90s are like gleefully racist

the song rock the casbah is one of the less offensive pieces of media that address anything remotely Muslim before uh 1998 or so???

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/McDonaldsCorp/status/842380484260818945

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/842381922244288517

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

I wonder if this person ever argues it's not a religion ban?

• Locked thread