Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Just so you know that goon hype isn't a great barometer of quality, goons were also looking forward to 40K Eternal Crusade, Wildstar, and at one point Star Citizen

big nipples big life posted:

This is going to be the new "LoD is bad so Star Citizen is good."

:lol:

Yup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Lazrin posted:

i can't help but notice the flip-flopping around here on andromeda.

last year of course, it was touted here as how a space game should be done, managed by professionals with decades of experience creating these types of games. it was going to embarrass star citizen and all other space games (oh yes, so was cod:iw)

do you guys remember that era? i remember that era.

I was actually thinking about that while reading RPS and PC Gamer opinions on the EA access thing... you win again, Lazrin!

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

We stand by our games. If you’re not completely in love with your purchase, we will make it right.
When you play a game for the first time, you want it to rock—to be worth all you spent on it. We want that, too. And while we can't guarantee that you'll never come across a glitch, we’ll do what we can to make it right if something goes wrong.

That’s why we call it the Origin Great Game Guarantee: if you don't think it’s great, return it.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/what-s-the-great-games-guarantee/

Just get a refund if it sucks.

Get ToS'ed.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Lazrin posted:

last year of course, it was touted here as how a space game should be done, managed by professionals with decades of experience creating these types of games. it was going to embarrass star citizen and all other space games (oh yes, so was cod:iw)

Anyone who doesn't like ME:A is clearly an uneducated bigot that does not appreciate higher art in gaming.

The horrible animations, voice acting, and writing is intentional to break the viewer out of their comfort zone and question their assumptions. Bioware is the Magritte of the gaming world and filthy scrub gamers need to learn to appreciate art and stop expect "quality" and "gameplay" in their video games. T-Pose simulator will be exhibited at the Smithsonian.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lazrin posted:

lol only whales will claim a piece of poo poo is a work of art against all visible evidence. No one here is invested monetarily or emotionally in Andromeda's success.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Eldragon posted:

Anyone who doesn't like ME:A is clearly an uneducated bigot that does not appreciate higher art in gaming.

The horrible animations, voice acting, and writing is intentional to break the viewer out of their comfort zone and question their assumptions. Bioware is the Magritte of the gaming world and filthy scrub gamers need to learn to appreciate art and stop expect "quality" and "gameplay" in their video games. T-Pose simulator will be exhibited at the Smithsonian.

You know, internet cool people do harp on 'biodrones' and whatnot, but I still never recall them ever wheeling out anything like this in their defense. Clearly, CIG cultivates a far more superior community!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lazrin posted:

:siren:GAME APPEARS WORSE THAN EXPECTED:siren:

Clearly, these are the End Times

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Did anyone here actually hype up ME:A? I just remember people saying it would do what SQ42 is supposed to do, but sooner and more competently.

I can't really see how any of that has changed.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
You remember that time goons thought a game would be good, but then when it turned out to be a steaming pile of poo poo they changed their minds :gay:

It's like so embarrassing for us

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

In all of the Andromeda Bad, Star Citizen good hype let us not forget that Chris Roberts wrote Wing Commander the movie.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lazrin posted:

I mean, just the use of "flip-flopping" to describe somebody's opinion about a game. What the gently caress

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lazrin posted:

It's in beta, sounds to me like you may not know much about game development :smug:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Lazrin posted:

You should check out the Star Citizen thread here from 2013, people actually thought the thing would release. A lot of people here are idiots.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

It's in beta, sounds to me like you may not know much about game development :smug:

The rage.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I mean, just the use of "flip-flopping" to describe somebody's opinion about a game. What the gently caress

Incels are all about the flippy-floppy.

If Andromeda gives me the entertainment of Inquisition, I'll be happy. It's still actually released and collecting revenue, rather than relying on donations.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

In all of the Andromeda Bad, Star Citizen good hype let us not forget that Chris Roberts wrote Wing Commander the movie.

Andromeda is good though

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
So I just looked on metacritic (the only site I can see at work). Its not there. Is it good or bad?

I need someone to tell me my opinion beforehand.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

When I start thinking about how awesome it's going to be to watch a script by Croberts, directed by Croberts and acted by all those stars plus Sandi I always end up :jackbud:.

Metaphorically speaking of course.

Of course.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

neonbregna posted:

Andromeda is good though

Not from what I've watched. I'm kinda glad though, there are too many good games out right now that I'm trying to play.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The best way to enjoy Bioware games is getting the Goty editon on sale a year after the release.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Yeah that was my plan, the combat still looks fun, it's everything else that looks not so good.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I don't care if it looks like rear end and the story is trite if I can do the sex with blue alien girls and the gameplay is fun

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
When did the "PU is a testbed to test mechanics" become "The PU is actually the game and we will expand it over time"
It feels like it just sorta happened without any fanfare. Around MVP time?

Also I am genuinely unsure as to whether SQ42 is a thing that exists.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Berious posted:

I don't care if it looks like rear end and the story is trite if I can do the sex with blue alien girls and the gameplay is fun

You too can seduce this hot babe.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TrustmeImLegit posted:

When did the "PU is a testbed to test mechanics" become "The PU is actually the game and we will expand it over time"

Pretty sure the PU has pretty much been the final game minus some parts since it was launched.

e: like it was obvious from the beginning at some point they are going to go "welp, there it is then." with the PU even though it's missing just about everything they promised.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Let's trash Mass Effect: Andromeda cuz we're whankers imo.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TrustmeImLegit posted:

You shut your whore mouth, when it eventually comes out Squadron 42 is the thing that will make the years spent reading this thread not a waste.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I think around the time Chris said they'd been playing star marine the whole time

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

MeLKoR posted:

Blue and alien but achievable. Just the way I like them :awesome:

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal

This is going to be the new "LoD is bad so Star Citizen is good."

:lol:

Wait, are you saying that it's possible that, instead of one being poo poo and the other is good, they can both be poo poo?

True, but Star Citizen is still poo poo that you've dropped thousands of dollars into. No subpar game release can cover that.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

No it's zero sum, every space game that is bad makes star citizen that much better.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Berious posted:

I hope she takes proper "hair" care because when I look at those folds all I can think of is Ben.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Berious posted:

MeLKoR posted:

Man, you all need some alien fodder to whank those hateboners?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

kilus aof posted:

Personally I can't wait to be a fulfilment officer at a window manufacturer. What a fun and rewarding job to have within the context of a massively online twitch based FPS/space sim hybrid game.

You can make fun of that all you want but that is going to be the cash cow of the Shitiverse.
Whoever controls the windows controls the empire.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Berious posted:

How tall is she?

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal

MeLKoR posted:

She should probably hold the gun from the other side, unless if she wants to shoot herself.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
ME:A pre-release - game looks fun

ME:A actual release - game looks bad

we should all be ashamed

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
I appreciate Lazrin holding onto that one, probably cause it had something to do with G0rf at one time and he never did get that retraction for uh that one announcement. Ah, those heady days of old, when I thought this topic would have died out because CIG would have just doubled down into silence and finished making something to put out.

Seriously I've followed some train-wreck video games and Star Citizen has taken the cake and will never loving let it go. if ME:A really is heading to be the next wreck to watch like it seems to be it's just going to feel like a blink of the eyes compared to Star Citizen's slow-mo(tion capture) explosion.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

TheAgent posted:

ME:A pre-release - game looks fun

ME:A actual release - game looks bad

we should all be ashamed

Well, to put things in perspective, it's still at least one million times better than any game ever released by Derek Smart.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Beet Wagon posted:

Also MoMA you got poo poo on for killing an apex predator from the comfort of a deck chair. My fish murder gun is used to take sustainable species one at a time after I crawl across the bottom of the goddamn ocean to find them.

What you mean is you will miss a fish after getting tired of trying to find a decent shot at one. And while you are reloading a school of amberjack will just waltz past in front of you. Every single time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

well HECK Phil posted:

She should probably hold the gun from the other side, unless if she wants to shoot herself.

That's the whole point of the scene, it's a mexican standoff and she's the only one that knows the path to the macguffin.

Hire me Chris, I can ghostwrite some of the episodes for you!