Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I do and I expect that there is quite a lot of crossover. just in case you didn't know, the original Dry Boys are going to be guesting on the Dollop, Will and Felix in New York and Matt in Detroit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Phone posted:

I agree. Beans definitely belong in chili and if you think otherwise you're probably a child abuser.

This is so manifestly true that you shouldn't need to think about it.

Also, the Dollop is good. :thumbsup:

uber_stoat posted:

I do and I expect that there is quite a lot of crossover. just in case you didn't know, the original Dry Boys are going to be guesting on the Dollop, Will and Felix in New York and Matt in Detroit.

They added a second New York show, and I think Virgil Texas is guesting.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

AndrewP posted:

I haven't really kept up but some of their earlier episodes are amazing. Hugh Glass in particular is great. I'll check this one out.

At least check out the Jet Pack Madness episode, it's not what you'd expect.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I love The Dollop and I love Chapo so this is gonna be great.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
I came to Chapo through the Dollop, weirdly.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

It's weird how obsessed conservative media outlets are with attacking celebrities.

a big chunk of their worldview and belief system comes from hays code-era hollywood. they've always had an obsession with the disconnect between the media they consume and the people who make that media

that's also why they always make a huge deal out of any openly conservative or religious actor

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/immolations/status/842154205343293441

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Phone posted:

I agree. Beans definitely belong in chili and if you think otherwise you're probably a child abuser.

When you're right, you're right

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

I mean it is a legit hosed up thing that she put in her own book iirc so its pretty true

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

The Dollop is great, and they spend a lot of time looking into the hosed up ways we've exploited people in this country throughout history. I'd say that pretty much every episode of the show's pretty good, but ones I've pointed people to when they're first starting listening are: "The Rube", "The Jackson Cheese", "Ten Cent Beer Night", "The Eggnog Riot", "The Shanghai Kelly's", "Fed Ex Fight 705", and "The Animal Horror of Macquarie Island".

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

ATP_Power posted:

The Dollop is great, and they spend a lot of time looking into the hosed up ways we've exploited people in this country throughout history. I'd say that pretty much every episode of the show's pretty good, but ones I've pointed people to when they're first starting listening are: "The Rube", "The Jackson Cheese", "Ten Cent Beer Night", "The Eggnog Riot", "The Shanghai Kelly's", "Fed Ex Fight 705", and "The Animal Horror of Macquarie Island".

Even their very first episode (about Cliven Bundy) wasn't exactly in the style they eventually settled on, but it's hilarious and what got me to keep listening.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Jet Pack Madness is a fantastic episode

Also in my top 3 Dollops is Weed Lake

Rounded out by the Donora Smog Disaster

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Oh god yeah, listen to Dope Lake.

After you listen to Jet Pack Madness.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Don't forget The Dolphin!

Anyway I enjoy the subject matter of the Dollop and the hosts are funny most of the time but sometimes it can be a drag. I think back to Cum Town when Nick Mullen said 'when you're doing stand up you can't just describe a thing that happened you have to add something to it' (paraphrasing here) and there are many times on the Dollop's lesser episodes where they just describe something and laugh at it, or come up with a middling joke and just repeat it too many times. So far I've listened to the first 20 episodes and the only ones that didn't seem to be worth my time were the vampire one and the teeth one. I might be too critical but I guess I've been spoiled with how consistently funny Chapo and Cum Town are.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Has anyone in here listened to This Week in Atrocity (Jeb Lund's new podcast)? I checked out the one from right before the inauguration today and it was a bit slow-paced and with kinda crummy audio quality (also I got an hour and 11 minutes in and there was still a bunch left). I'm hoping it gets a bit better.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Along with the ones mentioned so far, The Witch of Wall Street, The Willie Dee, and The Cereal Men are A++ primo Dollop episodes. I don't think you can go wrong starting out with any of those or The Rube.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Whatever Dollop episode about the real Crocodile Dundee guy is and I can't be bothered to look up was utterly amazing.

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.
I really, really like This Week In Atrocity, but I honestly can't tell how much of that is residual awe at listening to the voice of Boniface, all-time master of the Helldump burn

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
If Episode 88, the one about Sebastian Gorka/Goku, is even remotely indicative of the quality of the rest of CTH, I'm in for the long haul here. This is the best podcast for political comedy since The Bugle.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Dave Anthony said he was a grey wolf on twitter or facebook or something.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Episode 214 The Black Panther Fred Hampton is great if you want another look into how hosed up law enforcement is when it comes to political groups.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Sandweed posted:

Dave Anthony said he was a grey wolf on twitter or facebook or something.

The Dollop patreon shows that they support CTH.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

CARL MARK FORCE IV posted:

I really, really like This Week In Atrocity, but I honestly can't tell how much of that is residual awe at listening to the voice of Boniface, all-time master of the Helldump burn

Jeb Lund = Boniface?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

LOL

http://forward.com/news/national/36...ero-item-text-1

Nazi-Allied Group Claims Top Trump Aide Sebastian Gorka As Sworn Member

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Phone posted:

Jeb Lund = Boniface?

yes

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I want to like it, but the other guy - Robert? - is just kinda dull and uninteresting.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Sandweed posted:

LOL

http://forward.com/news/national/36...ero-item-text-1

Nazi-Allied Group Claims Top Trump Aide Sebastian Gorka As Sworn Member

He meant to go SSJ

all he ended up was going SS

(YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DUN-DUN-DUNNNNN)

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

His other podcast Polidicks with Tim Batz is also good. I just like listening to Jeb's analysis of current events and Polidicks is more straight up news.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Phone posted:

Jeb Lund = Boniface?

Not a photoshop

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Not a photoshop

iirc in that reading series he also did the same thing with a picture of himself reading on the couch and

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Not a photoshop

Yeah I remember this from forever ago. My buddy was like "I think Joementum is Jeb Lund", but it's been throwing me off all week because I used to know that he (Jeb) was an LFer and couldn't remember.

Thank and god bless.

Also, Jeb was loopy as hell on this week's Polidicks.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I assumed Mobute was his username

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/jbarro/status/842369891546066944

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonnyc/status/842402639518289920

I'd like to see the dry boys bat this dweeb around for a bit. He became a registered democrat right after the pussy tape came out because he was apparently ok with what the GOP stood for until it was too injurious for his self-image as an urbane sophisticate.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm trying to get my class of young optimists to take the leap into full-on lefty bullshit and right now we're discussing LGBT+ issues, do any Chapo episodes have that or anything related as the main focus? With all of the bathroom warrior bullshit last year there must be at least one?

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Off the top of my head, any of the Rod Dreher episodes, particularly Elfquest.

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.

AndrewP posted:

His other podcast Polidicks with Tim Batz is also good. I just like listening to Jeb's analysis of current events and Polidicks is more straight up news.

Oh, awesome-- I thought they'd stopped recording Polidicks after the election.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Nah, they're more regular if anything now. It's great.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/muckrock/status/842466413566676992

im operation green air

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
mods change my name to unicorn system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012