Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

manyak posted:

Why are you so hung up on this and why do you think 1 guy getting more famous is proof that the pay scale in MMA is completely different

I don't understand why people think Conor has changed the game for anyone but Conor, and by extension Nate who can wait for the trilogy fight.

Plenty of fighters have been calling for "money fights" since the Nate and Conor fights went down and plenty of fighters have been told to sit down and fight who the UFC tells them to fight.

They wouldn't even give Tony Ferguson, a guy practically guaranteed to put on exciting entertaining fights, the show money he was going to get to fight Khabib to fight Michael Johnson on like 30 hours notice. They tried to nickel and dime him over like 100k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Marching Powder posted:

Aggression does not mean easily countered these days.

True, but is anyone laser precise like Anderson outside of childweights?

Hey new folk, after Anderson had two or three lovely-ish fights he went on a punishment trip to 205. Watch him loving kill James Irvin and Forrest Griffin. You will not be disappointed.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Dana White comes out publically and tells everyone who's not Conor McGregor to sit the gently caress down, shut up and eat their gruel.

ME, incredibly smart: connor bless

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Captain Log posted:

True, but is anyone laser precise like Anderson outside of childweights?

not many people throw nearly no punches a fight and haven't knocked out anyone for five years either but that's because that's not a good thing.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
this feeling in the air ... its just like that other time ... a storm of ufc thread QQ and minor gambling losses looms on the horizon

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Marching Powder posted:

not many people throw nearly no punches a fight and haven't knocked out anyone for five years either but that's because that's not a good thing.

A truly astounding number of people throw nearly no punches and have not knocked anyone out for five years - in many cases, even longer.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
If Anderson Spider Silva's fighting style is Soooooo bad how come the guy who's got his belt is also using it.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Work Friend Keven posted:

A truly astounding number of people throw nearly no punches and have not knocked anyone out for five years - in many cases, even longer.

.... touche.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

tesilential posted:

Nate Diaz is literally all the proof needed to know Conor completely redid the pay scales in MMA. He was making like 30k to show and now he can sit back and wait 5 years for a mcgregor trilogy fight and make 10x more when then fight finally happens then what he would have made taking 10 fights in the interim. Suck it father dog.

Nate the Wait.

you are an idiot

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Refusing to fight who the UFC wants and demanding more money is definitely the best path to riches, look at raging Al Iaquinta pulling down a sick 3 percent per on craftsman bungalows in Uniondale.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Silva's accuracy is still scary good but he has several things going against him as a result of his age and mileage.

First Bisping showed his reactions and ability to slip and rip are slowly going. Bisping was able to catch him moving away through his handspeed and high pace something kelvin will be able to do.

Second his chin is not the unmoveable object it once was where he could mock Ryan Bader and let him tee off like he did on TUF. So he isnt up to eating two or three shots clapping his hands and waving you in blindly into a frustrated counter.

Kelvin doesn't blindly charge diego style hands down either and he doesnt wade in on the centre line with minimal head movement like the forest griffin and okamis of the world.

Kelvin is very good at switching angles and triangle stepping out of exchanges. Hes more like TJ dillashaw with less extra motion than you might think.

Silva is still a really good fighter and itll be interesting to see how kelvin does with the kicks and clinch game because its a tough out for anyone but its a winnable fight for kelvin.

I've never been a fan of "if fighter can catch him its over" because that pretty much goes for any fight in any divison.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Dana on Conan saying he thinks Conor Floyd will happen.

"UFC President Dana White told Conan O’Brien on the comedian’s show Wednesday night that the payout for a potential Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather boxing match is why it will finally happen.

“I do,” White answered when asked if the two will get in the ring together. “There’s a lot of egos involved in this deal, but on the flip side there’s so much money involved, I just don’t see how it doesn’t happen.”

The fight will be a boxing match in a ring, not the Octagon, White confirmed."

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
What a stupid loving waste of time this all is.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Snowman_McK posted:

What a stupid loving waste of time this all is.

Welcome to the Ultimate Fighting Championship, hi everybody I'm Mike Goldberg and with me as always my broadcast partner endless disappointment

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Welcome to the Ultimate Fighting Championship, hi everybody I'm Mike Goldberg and with me as always my broadcast partner endless disappointment

My endless disappointment is because there is no Mike Goldberg.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Triticum Guzzler posted:

It's Joe Rogan, not Andy Dick.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Jerusalem posted:

It's Joe Rogan, not Andy Dick.

Which is a shame because if it was Andy Dick, Rogan would probably kick the poo poo out of him on sight.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

UFC Fight Night London is looking like a good evenings viewing. Gunnar Nelson is fighting Alan Jouban, I think Gunnis got it, his striking has come a long way, leaning towards Jouban getting subbed in R2. I think Jouban is fine, but I don't think he's a top ten fighter. His looks on the other hand, dreamy motherfucker.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Southpaugh posted:

UFC Fight Night London is looking like a good evenings viewing. Gunnar Nelson is fighting Alan Jouban, I think Gunnis got it, his striking has come a long way, leaning towards Jouban getting subbed in R2. I think Jouban is fine, but I don't think he's a top ten fighter. His looks on the other hand, dreamy motherfucker.

Jouban looks like Billy Drago. Billy Drago was an actor. An Actor is someone who is in movies. I like movies.
Snowman_McK, Age 7

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Memento posted:

Which is a shame because if it was Andy Dick, Rogan would probably kick the poo poo out of him on sight.

Andy Dick already beat Rogan in the cage fair and square.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
That happened in a boxing ring.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dan Didio posted:

That happened in a boxing ring.

Regardless, dick got the w. Rogan tapped. He's gonna have that stain on his record for the rest of his life.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Mr. Nice! posted:

Regardless, dick got the w. Rogan tapped. He's gonna have that stain on his record for the rest of his life.

a lot of people probably feel stained with andy dick, unfortunately.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Nate diaz redid the payscale for Nate diaz by negotiating to a much worse deal, then negotiating back to a deal with ppv points like every other person. Brilliant move by Conor or Nate or whoever

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Step one: inexplicably negotiate to a deal where you make like 50/50, a 70% pay cut, for no reason.
Step two: stop fighting for 2 years
Step three: luck into a completely unexpected situation

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Captain Log posted:

Hey new folk, after Anderson had two or three lovely-ish fights he went on a punishment trip to 205. Watch him loving kill James Irvin and Forrest Griffin. You will not be disappointed.

Yeah but those were lovely fights that he won convincingly not losses and close matches with Derek Brunson. And he was on dick pills.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

There's literally nothing wrong with being on steroids. Get over yourself.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I'm not disagreeing. I'm saying he was good and watchable and winning when he was on the juice.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Your use of the term "dick pills" implies that his penis doesn't work. This kind of steroid shaming will not stand.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Also, they weren't pills, it was blue sex juice from Thailand

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Thank you. That implies exotic sexual deviancy and decadence, not lack of function.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Why isn't there a version of mud fighting where it's steroid cream and UFC vets?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Why isn't there a version of mud fighting where it's steroid cream and UFC vets?

Skin cream wrestling parties are why chad$ popped.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

Skin cream wrestling parties are why chad$ popped.

This is why I stand with Keven on this.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
i think the bisping that fought anderson would have given him trouble at any point in his career. if anderson's chin was still superhuman and he was a hair quicker he probably would have won but bisping's non-committal offence still would've been a problem.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
I want a full blown Drug League where guys represent the gear they're on rather than any martial art. We could find out The Ultimate Enhancer.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Notes of fight night 107

-theres only one wmma fight and it's the first fight on fightpass
-thus is Joe Duffy last fight on his contract, so a win vs reza madadi is very important
-reza madadi got arrested for burglarizing a purse store
-brad Picketts retirement fight
-Oluwale "The Holy War Angel" Bamgbose is fighting
-THWA posted this on Twitter right before Lyman Good popped
https://mobile.twitter.com/holywarangelmma/status/790651228300644356

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Foul Fowl posted:

i think the bisping that fought anderson would have given him trouble at any point in his career. if anderson's chin was still superhuman and he was a hair quicker he probably would have won but bisping's non-committal offence still would've been a problem.

i dont think so tim

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Foul Fowl posted:

If they both fight to their Full Potential and just stand there doing taunts and impressions of dead pop stars then Anderson wins the decision on grounds of More Handsome and Not a Manc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
https://mobile.twitter.com/MMAdamMartin/status/842437238457827330

• Locked thread