Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Things I like about Tenkuu Shinpan: When the girls clothes get ripped up by villains.
Things I don't like about Tenkuu Shinpan: The gently caress tarded scanlators censor all the panty shots & also the plot, characters, and everything else about the manga is totally stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Ok you convinced me, i'll read it.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

HenryEx posted:

Ok you convinced me, i'll read it.

Goon luck.

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.

HenryEx posted:

More Donjon Delish, today's specials are halfling tantrums and the dangers of subsidizing corpse retrieval.

Jesus the new characters are certainly a contrast.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Thanks to all the goons reminded me that it was indeed Tenkuu Shinpan. It was only a few chapters long at that point.

I can't say this is very good, yeah. It has glaring issues. It can assist in killing commune boredom I suppose!

coathat
May 21, 2007

Murder License Kiba http://bato.to/comic/_/murder-license-kiba-r20790

The only man in the country with a murder license.

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013

coathat posted:

How much of this is supposed to be comedy? Because GOD drat, it's a rollercoaster.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

coathat posted:

This manga is badass

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

I'm convinced

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Body control!! [Muscles morph into boobs]

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
It's still less stupid than fire punch.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Dead-Dead-Demon-s-Dededededestruction/Vol-006-Ch-047?id=349828

it's time for poo poo to get real in Dededestruction

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

New chapter of dorohedoro!! Really cool color pages!! Cute Hole-kun!

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Fire Punch has finally begun. Apparently everything up until the latest chapter has been some kind of plot mechanism to form an introduction. the reel change page was a cueI hope it becomes a great manga

The funkygana script has an atriculated intonation, suggesting the alien tongue is legit like Klingon.

I'm never gonna trust Inio to be nice and spare his creation after oyasumi.Mark my words, the author must destroy everything he creates somehow.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

So that is, what, 44 chapters of set up/prologue? Meh I am not sure that is worth wading through.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Fire Punch sort of confuses me. I feel like the author is specifically aiming to take the story in unpredictable directions and don't really have faith that everything that has happened has been planned since the beginning. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'll be curious to see what ends up happening.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Mindblast posted:

So that is, what, 44 chapters of set up/prologue? Meh I am not sure that is worth wading through.

I mean hey Vinland Saga had a longer prologue.

So all this thing (which I haven't read) has to do is be no more than SLIGHTLY worse than Vinland Saga.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Mindblast posted:

I'm not sure where the whole prologue/intro thing comes from anyways, makes no sense to me, but if what you're usually doing on a roller coaster ride is "wading", i don't think you should try either way.

Ytlaya posted:

Fire Punch sort of confuses me. I feel like the author is specifically aiming to take the story in unpredictable directions and don't really have faith that everything that has happened has been planned since the beginning. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'll be curious to see what ends up happening.
Yeah, everything after the city arc feels like twists get thrown in, but none of them are followed up / tied up as well as before, so maybe the author's kinda running out of steam.

This latest chapter was still kinda coming a long way. I talked before about how Togata tries to apply movie rules or cliches to everything that happens, and for the most part "real life" doesn't usually go that way. Or maybe it's a case of the author / the universe constantly trying to prove Togata wrong. But it's true that even in revenge stories, the Main Character thing to do is walk away from it in a situation described like that.
It's however far more likely that a tormented, mentally 14 year old would not make the best morally sound snap judgement. So as soon as Togata admitted that the movie hero actually would not insist on revenge, the die had fallen.

Pictured: probably the first decent use of the manga title so far.

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rodyle posted:

I mean hey Vinland Saga had a longer prologue.

So all this thing (which I haven't read) has to do is be no more than SLIGHTLY worse than Vinland Saga.

But I LOOOOOVE Vinland Saga. It sleeps all day, enjoys long hiatuses on the beach, and is beautiful, well-written, unique, and top-tier. I\d settle for much less.

Ytlaya posted:

:can:

HenryEx posted:

I'm not sure where the whole prologue/intro thing comes from anyways, makes no sense to me, but if what you're usually doing on a roller coaster ride is "wading", i don't think you should try either way.

It's a thing EngLit majors call "exhibition". Noiw that the lead is sentient and autonomously goal oriented, he can become a full-fledged protagonist and hopefully find a suitable antagonist, marry and spawn hatchlings, then die.

Dude just had a Jungian transformation.

that rollercoaster burn was cool as gently caress

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

HenryEx posted:

Pictured: probably the first decent use of the manga title so far.

Can you now understand why the protozoagonist would rather wqatch a movie instead of reading brain-rootting manga? Sheeyit, i would kiss your rear end in an instant, good goon poster.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
As a PSA something bad seems to be happening with kissmanga. People are getting lots of spam popups and drive-by downloads whenever they click on new links.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I've got ABP and noscript enabled and it seems to be crushing any attempts by them to force popups and stuff, so I guess get those asap if you don't have them yet.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Even then it's quite annoying, some clicks will fail because they tried to open a pop-up.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

As a PSA something bad seems to be happening with kissmanga. People are getting lots of spam popups and drive-by downloads whenever they click on new links.

Yeah, I was wondering about this myself. My adblocker seems to close the windows immediately after they open, but it's still a pain in the rear end.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Woah, Jin (the manga about the time traveling doctor) just took a dark turn...

Also, this is a general recommendation for Jin as it's been pretty good and interesting overall, with space for both political intrigue and an amputee cat with wheels.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm rereading this poo poo cuz Jin is one of those series I continually get X chapters into and drop...I've never gotten too far I don't think (somewhere through the cholera stuff? maybe past that?)...I think this time I'll finally do it and catch up...maybe. These font choices are throwing me off though

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

If I recall correctly Jin had a burgeoning romance between the protagonist and that girl he's living with, but in stories like that (with modern people who go back in time) I always can't help but think about how people back then probably smelled really bad by modern standards.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

If I recall correctly Jin had a burgeoning romance between the protagonist and that girl he's living with, but in stories like that (with modern people who go back in time) I always can't help but think about how people back then probably smelled really bad by modern standards.

People did wash back then.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Slime posted:

People did wash back then.

Yeah but I don't think it was as common, right? Or maybe I'm overestimating how recently the "only washing every once in a while" stuff was.

At the very least I imagine people didn't have deodorant (or at least deodorant as effective as modern deodorant).

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah but I don't think it was as common, right? Or maybe I'm overestimating how recently the "only washing every once in a while" stuff was.

At the very least I imagine people didn't have deodorant (or at least deodorant as effective as modern deodorant).

that was only dirty western european mud farmers. superior nippon had a bathing culture, especially the noble samurai

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Even the big bad vikings knew to take a friggin semi-often bath.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I believe the historical consensus is that people didn't smell that bad, but the cities and streets were basically open sewers.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

nerdz posted:

I believe the historical consensus is that people didn't smell that bad, but the cities and streets were basically open sewers.

How did people avoid smelling like BO in warmer climates without effective deodorant? Google says that the earliest modern-style deodorant wasn't until the late 19th century.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Perfumed Alum and talc.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
theres a scene in james clavell's shogun where the japanese beat up the main character and forcibly bathe him

quote:

"Ah, daimyo. Hai. Daimyo!" Mura shrugged. "Daimyo come when come. Sleep. First clean. Please."

"What?"

"Clean. Bath, please."

"I don't understand."

Mura came closer and crinkled his nose distastefully.

"Stinku. Bad. Like all Portugeezu. Bath. This clean house."

"I'll bathe when I want and I don't stink!" Blackthorne fumed. "Everyone knows baths are dangerous. You want me to catch the flux? You think I'm God-cursed stupid? You get the hell out of here and let me sleep!"

" Bath!" Mura ordered, shocked at the barbarian's open anger-the height of bad manners.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Is Future Diary seinen? Because I'm going through the anime on Hulu and the :stonk::stonk::stonk: factor increases exponentially with almost every goddamn episode somehow

Yuno is the loving best and worst at the same time and I don't even know how that's possible

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Ytlaya posted:

How did people avoid smelling like BO in warmer climates without effective deodorant? Google says that the earliest modern-style deodorant wasn't until the late 19th century.

BO depends on many factors like skin acidity, diet, genetics and your particular bacteria flora. Washing with soap actually lowers acidity which can lead to worse BO, of course soap has other benefits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Is Future Diary seinen? Because I'm going through the anime on Hulu and the :stonk::stonk::stonk: factor increases exponentially with almost every goddamn episode somehow

Yuno is the loving best and worst at the same time and I don't even know how that's possible

It ran in a shounen magazine, so I guess shounen.

I feel like Future Diary was entertaining in spite of itself. Like there were so many dumb things about that series, but I still felt compelled to finish it. The guy's current series, Big Order, is super awful and dumb to the point where it can't be ignored (edit: I mean where the dumbness can't be ignored and I had to stop reading it).