Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Sataere posted:

That all may be true, but the reason these gimmick posts work so well is because they come from a place of truth. It isn't your truth and the fact that it upsets you so much that you feel the need to actively avoid it should worry you. Understanding why a problem exists is the only way to fix it.
I, uh, what? How do they "work well"? I just scroll past them when they are obviously over the top. This is a dying comedy forum on the internet; I'm not going to spend my free time trying to puzzle out why one person makes really bad posts. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Kalli posted:

All my posts are 8th dimensional chess attempts to take shots at the other AFC East teams.

You're a true disciple of the Dark Lord Belichick.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
gimmick posters make me so mad i grit my teeth till my nose bleeds when reading their posts

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

evilweasel posted:

That is actually not a terrible idea considering next year the Brady/Jimmy G issue comes to a head (assuming he's not traded): Jimmy G is a free agent who is in line for an enormous payday next year. Brady's still under contract with a $22m cap hit and $14m dead cap if he's cut or traded (all signing bonus, so a trade gets no relief). If they want to keep Jimmy G, it's going to take a lot of cap space even if they don't keep Brady.

Lol Grappolo is definitely gone next year.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

a new study bible! posted:

Lol Grappolo is definitely gone next year.

There's no good reason to keep him for this year and then let him walk, the Patriots are giving up probably a mid to low-round 1st rounder for a comp 3rd by keeping him for this year. If he's definitely gone next year he should be gone this year.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kalli posted:

All my posts are 8th dimensional chess attempts to take shots at the other AFC East teams.

lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/842419313155944449

that would have just been too much for us :-/

https://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/status/842419124290633728

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Lol Miami.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Makes a lot of sense for Poe. He thought he was going to get a long $10m+ deal, but didn't, so instead he signs a 1 year deal with what should be a good team and if he has a contract quality year, he probably gets his Revis deal.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I didn't even realize that the Falcons were in the running for him

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think he visited them a few days into free agency. He also visited the Colts and I think some others...

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Goodbye Dontari, we'll always have Bloated Tebow Pass and Hungry Pig Right.

Hope you get your payday next year.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Man we're loving cheap.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The defensive tackle market is poo poo this year apparently, that's every year though

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Tim Hightower is visiting the Niners and I really hope they sign him.

Michael Wilhoite visited the Seahawks yesterday and I really hope they don't sign him. Come on man, don't defect to your team's most hated rival, that sucks.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Similar money to what Chiefs paid Bennie Logan. I assume the extra 2M in incentives and him taking forever were the main sticking points on the KC side, while getting to be a 4-3 and just play DT instead of NT to chase some stats was a big part of his decision.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Leperflesh posted:

Michael Wilhoite visited the Seahawks yesterday and I really hope they don't sign him. Come on man, don't defect to your team's most hated rival, that sucks.

alternatively, its hilarious

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Still prefer that Giants guy but no chance he takes 4 million

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Still prefer that Giants guy but no chance he takes 4 million

He's wanting more than $10 mil per year.

Colts signed NT Al Woods from Tennessee to a two year deal. Metapod? Does he stink?

I still want Hankins.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Leperflesh posted:

Wilhoite is a career depth player who only starts because the 49ers LB corps got annihilated and continues to be ravaged so who cares where he signs?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

pubic works project posted:

I still want Hankins.

I want him too, but 10mil+ per year long term is pretty rough when you have a bunch of holes and a defense loaded draft.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I'm surprised TJ McDonald has gotten literally zero visits so far, I thought he was looking at 8m+ a year in the first wave of free agency. He might be staring down a 4 game suspension to start the season though

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

pubic works project posted:

He's wanting more than $10 mil per year.

Colts signed NT Al Woods from Tennessee to a two year deal. Metapod? Does he stink?

I still want Hankins.

yeah I just saw that too.

quote:

Jordan Raanan& #8207;Verified account
@JordanRaanan

Reached out to sources around league and found that DT Johnathan Hankins is asking for A LOT of money. A lot as in more than $10M per year.

Hankins isn't in the same universe as a player who deserves 10+ and I wish anyone who gives him that a lot of luck.

He was a distant 4th most valuable member of the Giants starting 4 linemen and didn't impress that much while being single teamed all year. He is better suited to be a 1 tech player which might help on a team that doesn't have Snacks so he probably has more value elsewhere though.

Seems more likely that he'll have to take a 1 year prove it deal as well. I'll take him back for $5 mil!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Seems legit, please be true and force ESPN to quote them:

https://twitter.com/pardonmytake/status/842450395251265537

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kalli posted:

Why do the saints have the Patriots 1st rounder? e: OHHH, for cooks. LMAO.

So did they literally do a player trade without letting anyone know by masking it as picks for players?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Kalli posted:

Wait...isn't this the pick they just gave the Saints for Cooks?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Alter Ego posted:

Butler apparently hadn't signed his tender at the time so they couldn't just trade players.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The NFL is rigged.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Alter Ego posted:

hahahahaha

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

King Hong Kong posted:

Wilhoite is a career depth player who only starts because the 49ers LB corps got annihilated and continues to be ravaged so who cares where he signs?

A body shop I go to regularly said Michael Wilhoite went to get his car taken care of there and wanted to use a pseudonym

Nobody cares, Michael Wilhoite

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

a new study bible! posted:

The NFL is rigged.
If it is then it's Goodell's way of atoning for the Deflate Gate bullshit

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

awh, not yet:

https://twitter.com/saints/status/842458208996347905

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
When was the last time a high profile player for player trade was made? Like no picks or anything, just straight up player for player

e: found this list while googling and it doesn't give the answer but how the hell is the Ricky Williams trade not on this list?

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap2000000336962

Which led me to this article, that really outlines how hosed up that trade actually was:

http://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2014/4/17/5623840/nfl-draft-saints-ricky-williams-mike-ditka-trade

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Mar 16, 2017

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Joey Freshwater posted:

When was the last time a high profile player for player trade was made? Like no picks or anything, just straight up player for player

Looks like someone is forgetting the blockbuster Jonathan Baldwin/AJ Jenkins trade.

Really a win win for both teams.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
If the Saints give the Pats their #32 back for Butler, don't the Saints come out slightly ahead since they also sent the Pats pick #118 for pick #103 in the Cooks trade?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The Jets aren't rebuilding this offseason, they're surrendering

sean10mm posted:

If the Saints give the Pats their #32 back for Butler, don't the Saints come out slightly ahead since they also sent the Pats pick #118 for pick #103 in the Cooks trade?

Yeah, everybody forgot about this pick

I guess we're using #32 on a new CB then?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Brandon Carr to the Ravens and Mo Claiborne to the Jets. Cowboys also lost JJ Wilcox and Barry Church. That's a lot of secondary.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I'm skeptical that Morris Claiborne is actually decent now because Dallas controlled the ball for 40 minutes a game.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Yeah, they basically looked at what the Browns did this past season and said, "hey, we can do that!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
They really must not think much of Butler if they're not willing to lock him up. This is dumb.

• Locked thread