Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

guys I'm sorry but I really loving hate Geralt so every time I go to play any of the Witcher games (yes I've tried skipping 1, hated the combat) I stop after an hour

also y'all the facial animations in Inquisition were definitely better than what we've seen in Andromeda so far, watch Dorian's face. You get angry --> sad at around 3 minutes, to surprise at around 4 mins. It's not perfect but it's way less uncanny valley than ME:A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC6Jwy0x8Ic
They definitely had mouth issues (especially on custom PCs and with the "horrified" open mouth expression) and they dealt with eyebrow movement by stretching the texture, resulting in some weird stuff where the eyebrow shape changed, but they at least didn't look quite so dead, and their eyes didn't have weirdly bright white sclera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Still going to get this but I didn't understand why this has the animation problems people have pointed out. It was in development forever and delayed at least once. What were they doing during the dev time? Also, lol at lack of dedicated servers for multiplayer. This is likely to be the last EA game I ever buy.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
One nice thing I noticed while playing is that if you pick the biotic profile you use your powers instead of the jetpack. :downs:

Dear EA devs, How much of the animation and rigging was outsourced?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Stroop There It Is posted:

guys I'm sorry but I really loving hate Geralt so every time I go to play any of the Witcher games (yes I've tried skipping 1, hated the combat) I stop after an hour

also y'all the facial animations in Inquisition were definitely better than what we've seen in Andromeda so far, watch Dorian's face. You get angry --> sad at around 3 minutes, to surprise at around 4 mins. It's not perfect but it's way less uncanny valley than ME:A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC6Jwy0x8Ic
They definitely had mouth issues (especially on custom PCs and with the "horrified" open mouth expression) and they dealt with eyebrow movement by stretching the texture, resulting in some weird stuff where the eyebrow shape changed, but they at least didn't look quite so dead, and their eyes didn't have weirdly bright white sclera

Counterpoint: that game had elves in it. gently caress those guys.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
God drat their animators should all get poo poo canned and black balled in the industry. I am trying to think of a worse animated AAA game and I am blanking.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Alan Is More Upset posted:

Probably none of it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
My lady Shepard had a perpetual thin-lipped "no patience for this poo poo" expression no matter what the context and I can only imagine it intensifying further at the shenanigans portrayed by these gifs.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It probably isnt the animators fault because it's not that hard to animate faces and a lot of the stuff people are laughing at isn't "an animator is bad at animating!!!" but more like "clearly this was insanely rushed"

Usually this is because one of the higher ups prioritized something else, possibly engine integration and stuff and left the animation to a small crew who had to scramble to get poo poo done in time. Wouldn't surprise me if the voice acting was one of the last things they did and so the animation team had to wait for like, the last 2 years of the dev cycle before they could even do the facial animations on top of all the other stuff

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Will the save from the trial carry over into retail?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

DrNutt posted:

God drat their animators should all get poo poo canned and black balled in the industry.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Every time I try to change my weapon loadout in MP, I get disconnected. Am I supposed to play MP with just powers and the lovely starting assault rifle.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Alan Is More Upset posted:

One nice thing I noticed while playing is that if you pick the biotic profile you use your powers instead of the jetpack. :downs:

All of it to the SWTOR team.

Serf
May 5, 2011

The Monster Factory episode for Andromeda is gonna be insane. The Final Pam may be usurped.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

D-Pad posted:

I'm not counting on it. I haven't been taking my time to go through all the dialog options anyway with the time limit.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

:same:

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I do love how the Ryder's all have a look of extreme incompetence about them though.

Like they just have no business being a spaceship person at all and they don't understand anything what's going on. It cracks me up so bad.

http://puu.sh/uLFv4/71fc7fdb3c.webm

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

if you canceled your preorder you're missing out on this

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

D-Pad posted:

EA says they will so we'll see!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Is there any space chick i cant bang if I go with femryder?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Zzulu posted:

Cora?

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

FunkMonkey posted:

Counterpoint: that game had elves in it. gently caress those guys.
fyi the entire metaplot of the game is that elves are the worst and caused much of the bad poo poo happening in the world, indirectly including their descendants being enslaved and marginalized, and the main antagonist is actually secretly the elfiest elf in your party, who is personally directly responsible for the main plot happening and the primary "antagonist" gaining power, and probably the creation of demons in the first place. So "gently caress those guys" is pretty consistent with the game.

Serf posted:

The Monster Factory episode for Andromeda is gonna be insane. The Final Pam may be usurped.
I dunno if they will actually do one because of the drama around IGN Definitely Not Copying Monster Factory (obv. the McElroys weren't the first to do it, but they're certainly the best, and it was pretty stupid of them to use "monster" in the title)

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Zzulu posted:

Why would you care, as long as you can bang Blueberry?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Zzulu posted:

Femryder.

Here's your sonny boy Mammy!

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Nope, Cora pulls a Cassandra and says she's not into chicks

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Does this game have codes for faces already made by fans like the other Mass Effects? If so can someone hurry up and make a good Obama before launch?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

But i want to bang cora :mad:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

gracious

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Here's some animation from a PS2 game from 2003 made by a handful of overworked Konami employees with a budget of approximately 3 million US dollars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9TgylZgvlk

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Man, ME is one of my favorite franchises and I'll definitely be playing this but I can't help but wonder why Sara looks and moves like modern-era John Travolta

Serf
May 5, 2011

I dunno if they will actually do one because of the drama around IGN Definitely Not Copying Monster Factory (obv. the McElroys weren't the first to do it, but they're certainly the best, and it was pretty stupid of them to use "monster" in the title)

These dollar store McElroy wannabes can get hosed. Once things simmer down they should do one because this character creator looks primed to deliver some masterpieces.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Zzulu posted:

But i want to bang cora :mad:

Sorry man yer diggin' up the wrong clams.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

This is racist somehow.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Perhaps the true path of a pathfinder is into a krogan's britches.

Makes you think

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Played maybe an hour last night got to just before where the game seems to open up for the player. Dabbled a bit with the skill system, nothing too crazy just some basic biotics. That's being said, those of you with more play time under your belt, have any of you found any interesting and fun combinations of abilities that you'd recommend?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'd like to believe that wouldn't matter very much; I saw justin jokingly call IGN out on twitter ("so this is what it feels like to be hydrox") and then switch to serious mode and say "guys stop giving IGN poo poo, they didn't know", I imagine they don't really care

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Norns posted:

Makes you think

You have to bang every character in the game to unlock the ability to become the Pathfinder.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Norns posted:

Makes you think

It's a crime that Shepard could never get acquainted with Wrex's quad.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
The weird meta player character title Bioware loved to do every game fell super flat in this. Grey Warden, Specter and now pathfinder. At least we have our old friend "ANCIENT ALIENS" meta story elements. We will never feel like a stranger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

SgtSteel91 posted:

Nope, Cora pulls a Cassandra and says she's not into chicks
This is by far the reveal I am most outraged at so far