Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Guess I know what I'll be doing with my Ling in a couple hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

KDdidit posted:

Pulled a Refia on the 1/2 price today, so I'm claiming the player's choice banner must be live now.

Also, sure am glad I finished this Sakurafubuki the same week I got the Genji Blade

1/2 pull today was Chorizo, player's choice confirmed!

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

HGH posted:

Saw someone suggest "Archers should get ignore 100%DEF passives cause they suck!" with the reply being "The way the game's formulas work that would mean they'd do Infinity amount of damage" and man this game has some messed up phrasing for damage calculation.

Haha that was me with the 100% DEF ignore suggestion. :v:

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Mar 16, 2017

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I'm done grinding Type Zero. Final tallies!
Nimbus: 4, 2 on elite, 2 on pro. My very first Pro had a Nimbus even!
Golden Bombs: 6, 4 on elite, 2 on pro. The only time I fought more than one was on Pro too.

Summary: rng king mog events are still the worst

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

KDdidit posted:

1/2 pull today was Chorizo, player's choice confirmed!

Got Refia on half pull yesterday, Nine today. Clearly this banner is actually all surrounding banners.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I got a 4th Exdeath. What do I do with him? Can't imagine fielding 4 at once and Holy seems lackluster.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I run a 4x Exdeath arena team so I don't have to deal with swapping gear and crap. I'm working on leveling my 5th Exdeath now and Ribbons for each of them so I can drop CoD (as status ailments are usually the only reason I lose anymore).

Having 4x Exdeath was useful for a few of the phys-resist events too.

I might have an Exdeath hoarding problem though.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

4 ExDeath and a DC Refia = automatic arena win unless Refia gets time stopped by a Korean all Noctis whale team.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

dangerous.hotdog posted:

I run a 4x Exdeath arena team so I don't have to deal with swapping gear and crap. I'm working on leveling my 5th Exdeath now and Ribbons for each of them so I can drop CoD (as status ailments are usually the only reason I lose anymore).

Having 4x Exdeath was useful for a few of the phys-resist events too.

I might have an Exdeath hoarding problem though.

I have 5 Exdeath's as well. 4 are at 6/100 the other is at 5/80 and currenty at 19/20 on his LB. Soon my friend...soon.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Four ExDeath and a Marijuana Nande for my Arena squad. Thundaga chains climbing up to 3396 DMG ticks. I can do better than that.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

I have 5 Exdeath's as well. 4 are at 6/100 the other is at 5/80 and currenty at 19/20 on his LB. Soon my friend...soon.

His LB has been so clutch for a lot of events. Kind of wish I leveled up LB on one of them but Cecil's been sucking all the pots up.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

HGH posted:

I got a 4th Exdeath. What do I do with him? Can't imagine fielding 4 at once and Holy seems lackluster.

8x meteor in the arena is pretty nice. Or 4x wicked light for those weeks where dualcast is disabled since it'll murder things that aren't immune to holy, and in the case of enemies like Cecil that just means you get to safely murder a tanky, low-to-no damage enemy after the real threats are gone.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Anyone have an image of what the optimal odin build is? I finally got him.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Trying to decide if I'll be sorry for not getting the last 3 summon tickets on this demolition banner...

9 tickets in the barn, and 2k lapis.

900 King items

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

hagie posted:

Trying to decide if I'll be sorry for not getting the last 3 summon tickets on this demolition banner...

900 King items

Unless you'd have to burn lapis to do so, get the summon tickets.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

hagie posted:

900 King items

I gave up on the 6k rare tickets. I can't stomach the thought of grinding out another 18k.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I don't think I can get 18000 tonight, and I do t want to burn lapis

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Ubiquitus posted:

I gave up on the 6k rare tickets. I can't stomach the thought of grinding out another 18k.

Just buy out the 6* mats/Cactuars and move on. Make sure you have enough to take Minfilia and/or Y'shtola to 6* if you get them.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Decided not to tear my hair out rerolling and stuck with my squad (party around lvl 20). I switched out the green mage for buttz since the mage seemed fairly useless at the moment. I don't really know who I should level and it's hard to tell from the tier lists to be honest. Any recommendations on who I should switch in? (just picked up the warrior of light from the 250g summon)

http://imgur.com/a/17U8L

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

That's a decent crowd. Some strong healers, 2 strong Dps and a non-Rain breaker

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
CoD, Butts, Krile, Garland, and Rain are probably your best of the group. Leon is actually really good for a 5* max as well, but the others will keep you going far into the trials and such. Note that Garland is only on this list because he gets a really good 6* upgrade at some point soon. He can also make use of both Leon AND buttses TMs

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
Coming down to the loving wire grinding this event, but I'm pretty sure with the rank up I just got earlier and the energy I'll have when all my queen friends are available again I can get all the 6* mats I need for a good little while. I've got enough for for Refia, Warrior of Light (when his upgrade comes), Y'shtola (who's going to get what I WAS going to use on Luka, since they need all the same stuff), one of my Exdeaths, Ramza (so he can be a maybe-not-useless friend unit during the FFT event sometime soon), and I'm working on Minfilia's stuff now. So much loving event grinding, but at least the FF14 event uses orbs instead of energy, so I can start making story progress again. I'm not even to the water shrine yet, it's embarrassing.

... Oh wait, scratch that silly story notion, I'm going to be running chamber of awakening for the rest of the year to get all these fuckers to 5* before these mats are any use :suicide:

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011

McSpankWich posted:

CoD, Butts, Krile, Garland, and Rain are probably your best of the group. Leon is actually really good for a 5* max as well, but the others will keep you going far into the trials and such. Note that Garland is only on this list because he gets a really good 6* upgrade at some point soon. He can also make use of both Leon AND buttses TMs

Thanks for the tips guys. What about Luka? Isn't she high on the tier list or whatever? Or it more dependent on your team composition?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Luka is definitely one of the best supports for a newbie/in the game, and looking like your best healer from that image. Her heal is an ability that doubles as a Curaja+mass Esuna.
If we're talking pure healing numbers, Krile can edge her out thanks to Dualcast+Curaja. But Luka has 6* star stats, which means up to 1000 more health, more defensive stats, not to mention having access to Raise, defense+spirit buffs, and covering water damage/mitigation.
Pulling mages better than Krile isn't too difficult too in case you're interested in offensive magic.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

THE DANIELNATOR posted:

Thanks for the tips guys. What about Luka? Isn't she high on the tier list or whatever? Or it more dependent on your team composition?

I'd definitely go for Luka over a healer rather than Krile.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I can't last more than two turns in ELT Ifrid Raid despite working hard to stack over 5k HP on everybody and people are already up to 40k points. PRO difficulty all the way.

e: stacking fire resists too of course haaah
e: Is this what life was like for you assholes who kept pulling one Zidane after another before this banner? Glorious and filled with gamebreaking dualwield TMs?

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Mar 17, 2017

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
What the hell is with ELT Ifrit? My team of mostly 5* and 4* bases with a ton of completed TMs just got wiped by one attack. Had Focus and Embolden up and it just took him one round.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Hahaha what the hell is ELT Ifrit

a team of 6* and a single 5* all got wiped out in 1 turn, With Barfira up. Even the Refia with 350+ Spr and 5k+ Hp got fuckin wiped off the face of the earth like nothing.

Robotic Accolade
Jul 23, 2007

EDF! EDF! EDF!
Oh my god, I just got two Gilgameshes on an 11-roll on the player's choice banner. Is this real life?

I still don't have a Zidane, but with two Lightnings and (eventual) access to two of Gilgamesh's bracers, I guess that's less of an issue for me now?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Robotic Accolade posted:

Oh my god, I just got two Gilgameshes on an 11-roll on the player's choice banner. Is this real life?

I still don't have a Zidane, but with two Lightnings and (eventual) access to two of Gilgamesh's bracers, I guess that's less of an issue for me now?

And I got a total of 1 of the boosted rate units on my 11 pull...A chizuru, who I already had. Blah. 1500 lapis short of another 11 pull, which shouldn't take too long.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So what's the deal with these trust moogles? I just took an 11 roll and they're like all for units I don't have.

EDIT: Two 11 summons and not a single rainbow. I won't lie, I'm kind of bummed.

EDIT2: holy poo poo this was an awful idea. Now I have like, 50 slots I can't do poo poo about because of all these moogles, what the gently caress. Why.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Mar 17, 2017

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
Yeah, I could barely keep up with ELT Ifrit's damage with Daunting Step and Barfira, at least until buffs started wearing and he killed Refia. And given how slowly I was chipping away at his health, I would've run into serious MP issues before beating him.

Immediately pulled Minfilia from the raid gatcha, but I guess all the characters are tier rewards anyway.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I have six zidanes now. I guess I can fuse one into another one and have a full party of dual wields.

If I can ever play again. Because I am lost in a sea of moogles.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Wow, gently caress you too, game. Been waiting to do an 11 pull on this with lapis I've been saving since the adamantite chest I bought for Christmas, and not only is my only banner unit a Cecil (And Nine, a day late and a dollar short), but half of the TM moogles I got are for characters I don't even have. Like Olive. :shepicide:

And my 12 pulls from the Ifrit banner were all items. This event is off to an amazing start.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
What to do with extra Refias? I can't ever imagine putting her on the TM team (I don't macro), so I guess fusing extras is the way to go?

Robotic Accolade
Jul 23, 2007

EDF! EDF! EDF!

Nuebot posted:

EDIT2: holy poo poo this was an awful idea. Now I have like, 50 slots I can't do poo poo about because of all these moogles, what the gently caress. Why.

Welcome to the desert of the real. Wait until you have 100 slots you can't do poo poo about because there's four times as many 5* base units out there for some reason you're stuck with 6 moogles that wanna boost up Dark Fina's Bikini.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I got ELT Ifrit below 50%. MAG breaks seemed to provide some measure of staying power, but jesus gently caress.

Still not sure exactly how I died though. He was still broken and my Barfira was still up.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Robotic Accolade posted:

Welcome to the desert of the real. Wait until you have 100 slots you can't do poo poo about because there's four times as many 5* base units out there for some reason you're stuck with 6 moogles that wanna boost up Dark Fina's Bikini.

I hate.

EDIT: How many blade masteries should I want? I have four chizarus now.

:shepface: I finally have Equip H Shield finished. I haven't used the unit a single time, either. I don't even know her name.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Mar 17, 2017

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

AegisP posted:

I got ELT Ifrit below 50%. MAG breaks seemed to provide some measure of staying power, but jesus gently caress.

Still not sure exactly how I died though. He was still broken and my Barfira was still up.

What the hell kind of team and set of TMs do you have?

e: oh right I forgot about the people who managed to pull Ling nevermind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXge4jIHxEE
over 60 pulls going after her did me no good

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Mar 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

:negative: I had to spend 300 lapis on more slots, that's the sheer volume of moogles I still have.

Also neat trick, if you use escape you "win". So hit Ifrit on elite with a bunch of magic, escape and get some free lapis if you can't beat it. I sure as hell can't so I'll take the lapis to make up for the huge loss I just took.

• Locked thread