Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Alan Is More Upset posted:

Remember the movie Avatar?

I never saw it, I was saving all my bad taste for preordering this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Mymla posted:

The best part of ME2 is when Mordin advises you not to swallow.

Humans are soft and fleshy.

Turians have metallic platelets.

This is a bad idea Ryder

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA07hLF-3tE

I am no longer angry about this game being a hot turd upon release because this poo poo is so loving funny that it's now entirely worth it.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Berious posted:

Solid meh so far they were very brave to let people try before you buy.

I vaguely respect them for throwing out a pre-release demo. I mean most of that respect goes away when you remember it was behind a $5 paywall.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Randarkman posted:

I'm weirded out by the protagonist being called Ryder.

Keep thinking of Ryder from San Andreas, smoking sherm, being an rear end in a top hat and looking like Eazy-E.

Anyway this game kind of looks like crap.

you a straight busta CJ

there are so many scenarios that would work better than what actually happens in this game, and this is yet another one of them.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

buglord posted:

I vaguely respect them for throwing out a pre-release demo. I mean most of that respect goes away when you remember it was behind a $5 paywall.

It feels like a huge mistake for them to allow it for this game.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Randarkman posted:

I'm weirded out by the protagonist being called Ryder.

Keep thinking of Ryder from San Andreas, smoking sherm, being an rear end in a top hat and looking like Eazy-E.

Anyway this game kind of looks like crap.

I would pay good money for the San Andreas crew to replace the Andromeda crew.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

AwkwardKnob posted:

I am no longer angry about this game being a hot turd upon release because this poo poo is so loving funny that it's now entirely worth it.

I am so happy.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

AwkwardKnob posted:

Okay, I cant be mad. This is more than good.

Nazzadan posted:

I would pay good money for the San Andreas crew to replace the Andromeda crew.
PLEASE

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
aint gonna comment on story or characters yet but the bitching about animations has so far been completely ridiculous from what I've seen of the game. They're easily on par with any other Mass Effect and in many cases better. A lot of the lolgifs never even happened in my game, like the stairswalk thing and the one thing I did see, the blue asari weirdface, lasted for about one third of a second

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

It's also not something they specifically chose to do for this game, it's a general origin access perk.

So it's not so much that they decided to let us play early, as it is that they avoided excluding the game from the early access policy in order to hide the flaws until it was too late

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Ainsley McTree posted:

I can't picture the setting where someone wants to have sex with something that looks like jaal

That custom armor baby. It's got all the special attachments.

I will go with the time-honored method of romancing the one who is the least insufferable to hold an extended conversation with. So far Cassandra has reigned supreme in this regard.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ainsley McTree posted:

I can't picture the setting where someone wants to have sex with something that looks like jaal

http://www.deviantart.com

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Zzulu posted:

aint gonna comment on story or characters yet but the bitching about animations has so far been completely ridiculous from what I've seen of the game. They're easily on par with any other Mass Effect and in many cases better. A lot of the lolgifs never even happened in my game, like the stairswalk thing and the one thing I did see, the blue asari weirdface, lasted for about one third of a second

Are most of these clips coming from the PC version or something? Not that "my game is full of goofy animation poo poo because of bugs/they didn't test it on my video card" or whatever is really any more excusable on a AAA title, but I just didn't see any of this stuff on Xbox. I spent the entire opening sequence waiting to see the poop pants walk, the zombie eyes, or the lips that look like everybody has an industrial fan blowing out of their mouth, and all I got was the same awkward stuff that's in every Bioware game.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 16, 2017

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

AwkwardKnob posted:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

played like 3 hours of multiplayer yesterday because i am not starting the story when i can't finish it. have to run the game at literally lowest everything and 720p resolution scaling, but it runs on my very, very old rig with a radeon 6950. though if a game gets tossed to me to host, i will bounce because it will not be fun times. single player looks like it will be just playable til i can afford to upgrade in the summer.

love the multiplayer. love the smaller maps, the vertical and horizontal jump jets at a lot to the gameplay, and enemies have interesting mechanics. the way they did skills opens up a lot of interesting ways to play and combinations. played a human infiltrator to level 10, running sniper/shotgun was fun as hell. rattling off headshots and carrying bad players.

i hit 100k mp monies and bought a platinum pack, got the ultra rare angara avenger who has a super cool teleport backstab skill. also has a stealth field which i imagine is real good with a coordinated team. don't like that he has two skills that use power cells, that seems less than optimal.

i did play like half an hour of story and i liked what i saw of it. definitely seems to be a slow start, but thankfully the system of having 4 specs for your character and respecs whenever will mean i won't feel the need to start a new game constantly.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Zzulu posted:

I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary during my playthrough except for the death-stare from the person running the nexus. Constantly scanning poo poo got old very fast. Very similar mechanic to the resource pinging garbage from DA:I.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I can't loving believe they have dialogue written that references a character's face.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Did anyone else get that weird look from PeeBee while she waits for you to respond during the dialogue? She just sorta stares excitedly, baring teeth as she exhales?

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Zzulu posted:

They're easily on par with any other Mass Effect and in many cases better.

This isn't a compliment. This game should blow any of the other MEs out of the water in every measurable way visually.

buglord posted:

Did anyone else get that weird look from PeeBee while she waits for you to respond during the dialogue? She just sorta stares excitedly, baring teeth as she exhales?

I do this tbh

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

AwkwardKnob posted:

We've reached peak thread

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

peanut- posted:

Can I seriously go full Space rear end in a top hat in this?

Fallout 4's yes, sarcastic (yes), what? (yes), no (yes) dialogue options were infuriating, I hope it's not like that.

It's looking like that so far.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Zzulu posted:

well thats comforting.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
So how in the gently caress do you equip weapons and armor? I picked up a couple things but the game refuses to let me change anything I have equipped.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

DrNutt posted:

So how in the gently caress do you equip weapons and armor? I picked up a couple things but the game refuses to let me change anything I have equipped.

You can pre-mission and at those drop pod outposts. The inventory menu option was greyed out in the tutorial mission.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
This went from pre-order, to Gamefly, to Redbox in record pace. I just can't justify paying for this when I didn't pay for Nier Automata. This doesn't seem like a Horizon situation.

They still might get some money from me for lootboxes. Has anyone posted what they are offering and for how much yet?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

e: posted in wrong thread

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Juking feels good.

https://zippy.gfycat.com/SoggyThickAfricanjacana.webm

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done

lalaland posted:

We've reached peak thread

Agreed, my face actually hurts from laughing this morning. I can now legitimately say "my face is tired from.... everything". GOTY

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Zzulu posted:

forreal this is people complaining about movies where the other person doesn't say goodbye before they hang up the phone

seriously anyone on the fence I can't repeat enough to try it for yourself, it's honestly, hand-to-god, not even remotely as bad as this thread is portraying it

now do i post my bank account info here for my bioware $$$ or?...

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Waffles Inc. posted:

forreal this is people complaining about movies where the other person doesn't say goodbye before they hang up the phone

seriously anyone on the fence I can't repeat enough to try it for yourself, it's honestly, hand-to-god, not even remotely as bad as this thread is portraying it

PM me your SSN and I'll pass it onto payroll

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I expected more out of the new Jet Set Radio

Bossie Lott
Nov 21, 2010

Ainsley McTree posted:

Jaal and his whole species are one of the best examples of the lack of talent and skill evident in this game. Like, I'm sure development has been poo poo and rushed and hellish, but there's still a lack of honest talent at work in so much of this game, it's visuals and aesthetics especially. Most of the good stuff is just recycled from the original trilogy but these new alien designs, enemies included, are just so incredibly poor. While you could always criticise Mass Effect for being a little bit unimaginative with their alien designs considering the medium and how it essentially allows you to make whatever you want instead of bipedal humanoid, designs like the Salarians, the Krogan, the Turians especially and even the Volus are all great. There is nothing good or redeeming about Jaal and his species, they look like complete poo poo. The Kett are not much better either.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Alan Is More Upset posted:

You can pre-mission and at those drop pod outposts. The inventory menu option was greyed out in the tutorial mission.

Somebody needed a 2nd or 3rd pass at the UI. I had to switch to the controller to get the color customization of the armor to save. Otherwise it kept resetting to defaults.

Also Pathfinder Pathfinder Pathfinder.

Pathfinder.

Pathfinder.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I expected more out of the new Jet Set Radio

UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND
UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND
UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND
THE AN DRO ME DA

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Waffles Inc. posted:

Predicting right now that that lunatic from earlier is going to crash back in here having a loving conniption the instant his probation is up.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

DrNutt posted:

Interface and UI bad so what?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

No, you see, he's just trying to not break his momma's back

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Remember when RPS said the game wasn't good and the internet wrote paragraphs about how they are wrong and the game will be good? I bet the internet is feeling silly now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

DrNutt posted:

Somebody needed a 2nd or 3rd pass at the UI. I had to switch to the controller to get the color customization of the armor to save. Otherwise it kept resetting to defaults.

I opened up the research and upgrade dialog and noped the gently caress out of it. I hope I can get by with minimal upgrading.