Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

I have delusions of meeting people at bars in the NYC metro area and challenging them to kart races. Like Paul Newman in The Hustler but with video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Earth Table posted:

I have delusions of meeting people at bars in the NYC metro area and challenging them to kart races. Like Paul Newman in The Hustler but with video games.

Like a bar at an anime convention held at a hotel, right?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Infinitum posted:

Physical boo

Digital MK8 so it's always available

Pretty much. It's better to have that game always on hand for impulse karting.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Getting single player experiences like Zelda or Disgaea on a cart sure, but if you don't have good multiplayer (Mario Kart, Snipperclips, Puyo Puyo Tetris, presumably SSB sometime) or quick pickup games (Shovel Knight, Binding of Isaac) on your internal memory what are you even doing

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Earth Table posted:

I have similar delusions of getting large local wifi games going on long flights.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

If I don't buy physical games what am I supposed to do with all those slots in my case

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

MK8 is the kinda game you want digital so it's always there.

Edit: and yeah I got zelda on a cart cause after I"m done playing it...eventually...it won't be the kind I will randomly pop back in I'll be playing Splatoon or Kart or new stuff instead.

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Mar 16, 2017

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

enojy posted:

Like a bar at an anime convention held at a hotel, right?

I don't know anything about anime.

I could see this feasibly working at maybe a barcade and arranging meetups, though.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

Also BOTW hasnt left the cart slot since launch, but I'd be very anxious about swithcing games all the time and the likelihood of those little games getting lost.

Whoever owns my car next will definitely find the DKC Returns 3DS cartridge that went missing years ago.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

LethalGeek posted:

That's every game, I only got Zelda cart because I want to have something in the cart slot + play it immediately when I got home from the midnight release

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I'm not carrying around a cd binder, I can carry all the games in the case I'm already carrying my switch. Is this some fantasy scenario where everyone wants to play Mario kart but not if it takes 10 seconds to put the game in?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Earth Table posted:

YOU, TRYING TO HUSTLE ME: "Hey you seem like you know what you're doing, what do you say we make this interesting? Fifty bucks?"

ME, WISE: "Well I'm not very good, but sure..." *waits for the money to come out, then reveals Collectors Edition Sheikah Slate case and takes out custom-decal joycons*

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Checking out the coming soon section for the Switch and it's been updated with some info that might be useful for people planning their purchases.

Here's everything with a solid date/price info

March
17th - Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ $40USD
28th - Snake Pass - $20
28th - Has Been Heroes - $20
March - Pocket Rumble $10

Has Been Heroes looks good. Reminds me of Darkest Dungeon a bit.

I'm really surprised that Isaac is $40 when it's never been over $15 on the PC. If it's ever $20, it's an instant buy for me because I'd love to play it on the go.

I can't find cases for this damned thing. I also hate that you can't charge the system and have it in kickstand mode at the same time, and that I'm terrible at finding Shrines in the opening area of Zelda.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

YOU, TRYING TO HUSTLE ME: "Hey you seem like you know what you're doing, what do you say we make this interesting? Fifty bucks?"

ME, WISE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1Zg7bTXRfU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

inferis posted:

If I don't buy physical games what am I supposed to do with all those slots in my case

They're for the mad amounts of SD cards you carry around

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

inferis posted:

I'm not carrying around a cd binder, I can carry all the games in the case I'm already carrying my switch. Is this some fantasy scenario where everyone wants to play Mario kart but not if it takes 10 seconds to put the game in?

I was gonna say this.....what the gently caress are you guys carrying your Switch in that you wouldn't also always have all your cartridges with you?

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Fuuck there's no eu release date for Isaac at all rn.

I'm going to blame the dumbass physical version for this, all previous releases have been simultaneous worldwide. Is it unreasonable for me to create an NA eshop account just to buy a game I already own on three platforms?

probably.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

I'm imagining this exact scene but with me and another overweight nerd and we are talking in front of our Subarus.

This loving needs to happen.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

BotW is digital on my Switch because paying €70 beats the €80 price tag I've seen around here.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

BJPaskoff posted:

I'm really surprised that Isaac is $40 when it's never been over $15 on the PC. If it's ever $20, it's an instant buy for me because I'd love to play it on the go.

You have to remember that Isaac is the base game + 2 expansions
Binding of Isaac: Rebirth - $15
Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth $10
Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth Plus

So $40 is reasonable, but it'd be nice if it was cheaper.
Hopefully it goes on sale at a later date for half price or something, because I'm having a hard time justifying it when you've got brand new games like Snake Pass coming out the next week for half the price.

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

inferis posted:

If I can get 20% off on Amazon I'm gonna go with that over the digital. The convenience is nice and everything but yeah I've still got plenty of room in my case for games.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

BoI: Rebirth with its add-ons costs way more than $15, I'm seeing the Complete Edition on Steam for €36.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I like having the little carts to swap out so I've been buying physical when I can. I'm a bad gamer :ohdear: I am getting issac in physical form tomorrow cause of the cart and the fun goodies that will be in the case

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Infinitum posted:

Hopefully it goes on sale at a later date for half price or something, because I'm having a hard time justifying it when you've got brand new games like Snake Pass coming out the next week for half the price.

Also I guess this version is a bit more of a director cut, as some of the more bad changes from Afterbirth Plus got pushed behind some completion of the game so you don't immediately start seeing the hard new enemies.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Oh I guess you're right. I forgot that I got everything with the release discount they had for already owning the previous games or expansions.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It sucks that it's $40, but it's fair from their perspective. Base game + 2 DLC packs, changes made specifically for the Switch, porting costs, etc.

Just very hard to justify dropping $40 on a game I already own on Steam.

It's a very very very good game though, so it's sorely tempting... and to have it portable... and to be told it's essentially the definitive edition by the devs... :ohdear:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Having a bunch of those multiplayer and/or quick session games digitally would be cool, but then I realized many cases provide some means of storing a number of game cards. I also couldn't resist saving a bunch of money by preordering games from Best Buy with GCU and Visa Checkout discounts. It's a small sacrifice of convenience when each $60 game became like $38.

Pro controllers are in stock online at GameStop.

enojy fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 16, 2017

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

inferis posted:

My plan is to pester girl into sewing an Accessories pouch over the elastic

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Infinitum posted:

It sucks that it's $40, but it's fair from their perspective. Base game + 2 DLC packs, changes made specifically for the Switch, porting costs, etc.

Just very hard to justify dropping $40 on a game I already own on Steam.

It's a very very very good game though, so it's sorely tempting... and to have it portable... and to be told it's essentially the definitive edition by the devs... :ohdear:

I'd much rather have something fresh like Gungeon or whatever rather than the 18th rerelease of the poop blood game

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gungeon is currently being ported :eng101:

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
My right Joycon occasionally desyncs but never when the system is on. It's usually after I remove the joy cons from the docked switched. Should I contact Nintendo support? Also will Binding of Isaac be on the eshop tonight?

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Infinitum posted:

Gungeon is currently being ported :eng101:

Fully sick

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
I wish I liked Gungeon. It had a great aesthetic but man it just felt painfully slow unless you got a good gun early on and once I found out about how drop system worked getting hit once felt incredibly demoralizing.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I would love to play binding on the Switch if it wasn't so insanely repugnant looking

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Already gone, it seems.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
I want to buy this product but it seems to be sold out everywhere in Ontario. I'm sure this has been asked a billion times already but are there any online retailers that have it in stock?

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Rirse posted:

Also I guess this version is a bit more of a director cut, as some of the more bad changes from Afterbirth Plus got pushed behind some completion of the game so you don't immediately start seeing the hard new enemies.

Yeah I'm kind of disappointed because any screenshots of videos of it being played I've seen so far doesn't include Greedier mode. Which owns.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

inferis posted:

Condoms.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

enojy posted:

Having a bunch of those multiplayer and/or quick session games digitally would be cool, but then I realized many cases provide some means of storing a number of game cards. I also couldn't resist saving a bunch of money by preordering games from Best Buy with GCU and Visa Checkout discounts. It's a small sacrifice of convenience when each $60 game became like $38.

Pro controllers are in stock online at GameStop.

If you're in a Prime Now area, they seem to have a neverending font of pro controllers. Just bought one for my brother as a birthday present.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

LethalGeek posted:

Edit: and yeah I got zelda on a cart cause after I"m done playing it...eventually...it won't be the kind I will randomly pop back in I'll be playing Splatoon or Kart or new stuff instead.

I did that for the U but wish I had bought my first party games physical. Nintendo games hold value.

• Locked thread