Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

BobbyK posted:

If you don't want to get killed by a cop maybe you should just not break the law? It's pretty simple. You idiot on social media :smug:

I break the law all the time and don't get shot.

Ofc, I'm a white male, so there is that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

#2 is some beautiful bullshit.

They were screaming at a guy they drat well knew was schizophrenic and were called in, by his mother, for the express purpose of calming him down.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

OldTennisCourt posted:

How many times, per day, do you use racial slurs?

"Knowing how police officers are trained to respond to threats with a deadly weapon makes you a racist"
-OldTennisCourt

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

maswastaken posted:

#2 is some beautiful bullshit.

They were screaming at a guy they drat well knew was schizophrenic and were called in, by his mother, for the express purpose of calming him down.

Yet there was a time where a schizophrenic guy chased a cop around a car with a knife until he was disarmed.
Oh huh, he was white.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

"Knowing how police officers are trained to respond to threats with a deadly weapon makes you a racist"
-OldTennisCourt

yo you know cops dont do the same to white criminals, right?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Police actually kill more whites than any other race but with the difference in number of citizens that is to be expected.

Anyway gently caress the police.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Mak0rz posted:

This was a trap to begin with. If they accepted the totally real job offer that wasn't made up for a smug Facebook post, they'd be let go within the first week because of <reason> thus proving this guy's point that women aren't cut out for construction work.

Bets that <reason> would have been "being hit on by the guy who offered them the job in the first place"?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

From a public Vice article about an underground dark matter detector

"Stop despoiling the earth with holes!"

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

D&D is that-a-way. Resume posting screenshots of horny grampas misusing facebook.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

change my name posted:

From a public Vice article about an underground dark matter detector

"Stop despoiling the earth with holes!"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

And then, one day, there were too many holes.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Brawnfire posted:

And then, one day, there were too many holes.

No such thing as to many holes. :quagmire:

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Plumpy holes

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXlzG05mvKw

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

CommonShore posted:

D&D is that-a-way. Resume posting screenshots of horny grampas misusing facebook.

I don't see what earth holes has to do with D&D.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

-OldTennisCourt

When you hear stories of officers shooting black people on the news how horny, on a scale of 1 to 10, does it make you?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don't see what earth holes has to do with D&D.

if you think about it a dungeon is basically an earth hole

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

-OldTennisCourt

I don't think someone with red text has any right to start quoting people in a mocking fashion.

Also we're having a hole race, we need more holes than the enemy.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Ularg posted:

I don't think someone with red text has any right to start quoting people in a mocking fashion.

Holy poo poo lol

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.
A page on Faceboook posted this picture a few days ago.

I unfollowed after the owner spent an afternoon defending D-Fens.

I don't know, maybe it's me. I was watching Daredevil on Netflix earlier and there is a scene that involves the Punisher sniping ninjas from a rooftop and it made me sick. I have always liked the Punisher but then I realized that the he is a Republican wet dream. A spree killer hunting down undesirables.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

IamnotJoe posted:

I don't know, maybe it's me. I was watching Daredevil on Netflix earlier and there is a scene that involves the Punisher sniping ninjas from a rooftop and it made me sick. I have always liked the Punisher but then I realized that the he is a Republican wet dream. A spree killer hunting down undesirables.

That's been the main characterization of him since he was introduced, man. I'm pretty sure in the comic Punisher debuted in he was a villain the heroes were trying to stop because he was killing jaywalkers. At one point he starts shooting at a couple taking a walk when they miss getting their newspaper in the garbage can by literally inches. I mean.....what did you "like" about him before this revelation? :psyduck:

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

food court bailiff posted:

That's been the main characterization of him since he was introduced, man. I'm pretty sure in the comic Punisher debuted in he was a villain the heroes were trying to stop because he was killing jaywalkers. At one point he starts shooting at a couple taking a walk when they miss getting their newspaper in the garbage can by literally inches. I mean.....what did you "like" about him before this revelation? :psyduck:

Wait, what comic has Punisher just randomly murdering people for littering and killing jaywalkers? It either sounds like that was an extremely lovely writer who had no clue what they were doing, or you're mixing up the Punisher with someone else.

Punisher was only ever well written in his MAX series. He's not supposed to be a hero, he's supposed to be the least awful person when you regard the awful people he deals with.

OldTennisCourt has a new favorite as of 20:56 on Mar 16, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Was it Miller or Ennis that did the "gritty" punisher comics with like Mexican drug cartels and human trafficking

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

OldTennisCourt posted:

Wait, what comic has Punisher just randomly murdering people for littering and killing jaywalkers?

The littering thing is in Spectacular Spider-Man #81, from what I can find on Google.

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

It isn't that I didn't know this poo poo. It's that I never really thought about it. The violence is really cartoony and poo poo. I loved MAX Punisher, but the violence is over the top. It was less a revelation and more of a realization. When you played as a kid bad guys were bad guys. If they got shot it didn't matter cause it was for the good of all. As an adult we know that is not the case.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

IamnotJoe posted:

It isn't that I didn't know this poo poo. It's that I never really thought about it. The violence is really cartoony and poo poo. I loved MAX Punisher, but the violence is over the top. It was less a revelation and more of a realization. When you played as a kid bad guys were bad guys. If they got shot it didn't matter cause it was for the good of all. As an adult we know that is not the case.

I mean, if you look too deep into any comic book super heroes you start to realize that it's kind of a hosed up fantasy. I mean, Batman is a private citizen who regularly takes the liberty of beating the everloving hell out of people and threatens/tortures them to extract testimony. Hell, he hacks cell phones for mass surveillance in The Dark Knight and is actually called out on that being a hosed up thing to do but the film doesn't really dwell on it. I get where you're coming from though. It's like the people out there who don't realize that Rorschach in Watchmen isn't supposed to be idolized.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Glagha posted:

It's like the people out there who don't realize that Rorschach in Watchmen isn't supposed to be idolized.
Ozymandias, however, is the hero we need.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
tbf to D-fens.

He killed a nazi and a 1%er. Also fastfood places really should have all day breakfast.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Yawgmoth posted:

Ozymandias, however, is the hero we need.

Now you're getting it.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

PhazonLink posted:

tbf to D-fens.

He killed a nazi and a 1%er. Also fastfood places really should have all day breakfast.

Well McDonald's does now so we're almost to that bright future

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

PhazonLink posted:

tbf to D-fens.

bonus: that nazi was a homophobe

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

china bot posted:

Also in a deleted scene he ordered pineapple on his pizza.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Well McDonald's does now so we're almost to that bright future
McDonald's is the worst fast food, it barely even qualifies as either. When Hardee's starts being all day breakfast (and exists in more than 3 places) then we can talk.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Not quite. That was an early Punisher appearance but not his first, and he had supposedly "gone crazy" during it(it was pretty much meant to kill off the character). His first appearance was during a Spider-man comic where he was duped by Jackal into thinking Spider-man was a murderer. Once he finds out he's been tricked he vows to get revenge on Jackal and runs off.

There's a good look at his origin and his early appearances in this article.

EDIT: Like pretty much all comics the people writing the comic define the character and there are good and bad stories. Like in Punisher: Purgatory they basically turn him into Spawn.

RatHat has a new favorite as of 22:00 on Mar 16, 2017

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

IamnotJoe posted:

Also in a deleted scene he ordered pineapple on his pizza.

There is nothing wrong with pineapples as a pizza topping.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

china bot posted:

Don't be redundant.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

NachtSieger posted:

There is nothing wrong with pineapples as a pizza topping.

:frogout:

Bet you like well done steak too.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Well done steak is indefensible, pineapple on pizza however, is perfectly valid. :colbert: Jalapeno, pineapple, and sausage pizza is good.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
well done pineapple on a raw pizza is my JAM!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.
White Genocide apparently is about killing white people.

https://twitter.com/kat_blaque/status/842433948047163392