Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
ah ok i guess lol @ me instead then. i'm sorry i ever doubted you Jim DeMaria/The New York Times and Ben Margot/Associated Press

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

i don't understand why it didn't default to setting the reminder at 4

why 3:19

why

crepeface fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Mar 16, 2017

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. - John 3:19

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Cold on a Cob posted:

idk why they used an image of it at 77 degrees though lol

It's at 70. It's heating to 77

Both temperatures which are v conducive to icicles forming u see

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
smdh if you can't handle a balmy seventy degrees kelvin

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
If i remember some old rear end article nest was working on a speak to play music around the home but another google company was developing a something like it.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Jabor posted:

smdh if you can't handle a balmy seventy degrees kelvin

that temperature gives me pleasure kelvin

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

rapeface posted:

This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. - John 3:19

llol

ufarn
May 30, 2009
https://twitter.com/verge/status/842428582458753024

wtf is wrong with these people

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

what google will say: as you know blah blah constantly improving services yadda yadda a small number of test users blah blah not necessarily indicative of future product direction
what they mean: yeah, ads

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

"ok google what's my day like"

you're starting your day by talking to an air freshener

https://twitter.com/CraigStambaugh/status/842339238314147840?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

nerves
get
pressed
can't get dressed
half your face won't match the rest

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

very strange that an ad company is serving ads

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

flakeloaf posted:

https://twitter.com/CraigStambaugh/status/842339238314147840?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

nerves
get
pressed
can't get dressed

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

flakeloaf posted:

nerves
get
pressed
can't get dressed

lmao

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
google pushed an update to google drive backend that hosed up google entirely for google apps customers, my phone removed the account from itself and my desktop drive client stopped working its really good

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

flakeloaf posted:

nerves
get
pressed
can't get dressed

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

ah they've figured out how to make colored buttons

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
"This isn't an ad; the beauty in the Assistant is that it invites our partners to be our guest and share their tales."

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Cocoa Crispies posted:

"This isn't an ad; the beauty in the Assistant is that it invites our partners to be our guest and share their tales."

the beast is u...our horribly ugly and hairy users

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
don't let google into your house

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I should probably cancel my interview with them. but I like money. tough decision.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Cocoa Crispies posted:

this is an actual quote fyi

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

qirex posted:

this is an actual quote fyi

Don't be evil

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

The Management posted:

I should probably cancel my interview with them. but I like money. tough decision.

money isnt everything, friend

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

The Management posted:

don't let google into your house

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Cocoa Crispies posted:

It wasn't until someone pointed it out that I realized this was a beauty and the beast reference (be our guest) (beauty in the assistant)

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ShadowHawk posted:

It wasn't until someone pointed it out that I realized this was a beauty and the beast reference (be our guest) (beauty in the assistant)

tale as old as time

enchanted tales with belle at florida disney

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

ShadowHawk posted:

woooooowwwww

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

Don't be evil*

*"We believe strongly that in the long term, we will be better served — as shareholders and in all other ways — by a company that does good things for the world even if we forgo some short term gains."

(direct quote)

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Athletic Footjob posted:

the beast is u...our horribly ugly and hairy users

but if you're stuck in the house long enough with it, you'll come to love it and the furniture talks holy poo poo that story was a documentary

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

quote:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/m/#!category-topic/drive/Km-e-xRJ9b4

Google Drive service has already been restored for some users, and we expect a resolution for all users within the next 12 hours. Please note this time frame is an estimate and may change.

We are deploying an updated client now. The Windows client will automatically update with this fixed version within the next 12 hours. Alternatively, affected users can download the updated version of the client from https://www.google.com/drive/download/. Affected Windows 10 users may be required to sign in to their Google account within the client.

they broke Google Drive when they tried to rename it Sync and Backup lmao

i can't wait for this to happen again when they release an enterprise version called Google Cloud and a consumer version called Google Storage

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY
ah yes, possibly backed by their s3 clone, google cloud storage

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Cocoa Crispies posted:

lol gently caress off

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
This isn't an ad, it's just a McNugget of information that we feel is relevant to our customers. I'm loving it

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Wheany posted:

This isn't an ad, it's just a McNugget of information that we feel is relevant to our customers. I'm loving it

this isn't an ad, it's just a dominos pizza of information that we PlayStation 4 is united airlines to our customers. rock over London, rock on Chicago, google, don't be evil

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Cocoa Crispies posted:

this isn't an ad, it's just a dominos pizza of information that we PlayStation 4 is united airlines to our customers. rock over London, rock on Chicago, google, don't be evil

rip wesley

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

gently caress google

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Cold on a Cob posted:

every time i've tried waze it's been complete garbage and gave me bad directions, but idk maybe waze hates ontario

does waze still pop up ads. i stopped using it when they started doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Elder Postsman posted:

does waze still pop up ads. i stopped using it when they started doing that.

oh yeah that was the other thing i hated, i'd be idling at a light and a big stupid ad would take over my screen

i'm driving i ain't gonna click on your ad, fuckers

• Locked thread