Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

Billl Laimbeeer did the same thing for the bad boy pistons, with Mahorn as his enforcer instead of Ben Wallace. I believe there were several ABA guys who played that way, but I only vaguely remember anecdotes from loose balls. Sheed never had great 3p fg% but he could face up and get to the basket if his defender stayed off of him and gave him a free stride.

Sheed was the best. I miss the old Detroit organization. I miss the Davidson family, I miss Arnie Kander, I miss the old season ticket people. W

Teams that are playing surprisingly well in the last month or so
Nuggets
Wolves
Blazers
Pistons?

Also, the nets are playing 6'8 Alan Williams from UCSB at nominal center and he's putting up serious numbers. When they sign Jamychal Green (Pistons can't afford him without trading Reggie Jackson) this offseason and draft the injured Edmond Sumner from fffflint town they're going to have a nice core of role players, maybe bump the next celtics pick down to 6.

Upside of all of this is that The Pistons are in place to draft Myles Bridges, so they can add to their pile of tough athletic combo forward/wings who can only shoot from the midrange.

How does adding Jamychal Green and drafting Edmund Sumner catapult the Nets above 5 other teams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
By all accounts Wade hates playing in Chicago. He's gonna opt out because he doesn't want to be an injures old man on a loser team.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Now that Bulls Wade is an elite 3 point threat he could go to Cleveland since they always need spacing.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

Also, the nets are playing 6'8 Alan Williams from UCSB at nominal center and he's putting up serious numbers.

Wrong bad team, Williams plays for the Suns. He's the rare NBA player who was actually born and raised in Phoenix and his mom is the Phoenix police chief. He's fun, I love him.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

leftist heap posted:

Is Chicago going to be better or worse with Wade out?

Wade is still an NBA-Starter calibre player, and he bails out the ugly Bulls offense pretty frequently. I think Butler was helped a lot having a high usage player playing next to him too, so I wouldn't be surprised if the last stretch of the season looks a bit worse for him.

I'm not sure what difference this all makes. If that elbow takes a while to heal god help the 2018 Bulls.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/842425583627849729

Wade ain't going nowhere.

Only way he does is if the Bulls completely blow it up. If Jimmy's back so is Wade.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I thought losing Wade would be a disaster but like the rest of 2016 I was wrong about literally everything. Dragic is so good when he has freedom to run the entire show.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/842425583627849729

Wade ain't going nowhere.

Only way he does is if the Bulls completely blow it up. If Jimmy's back so is Wade.

Yeah, I don't see someone spending more than 23 million for him, and he has 3 rings already. Unless he decides he really wants to play with Melo or Lebron again or something I think he's coming back.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Strawberry Panda posted:

By all accounts Wade hates playing in Chicago. He's gonna opt out because he doesn't want to be an injures old man on a loser team.

One man with a connection to Dwyane Wade is now available if the Bulls want to make a new coaching hire.

https://twitter.com/NicoleAuerbach/status/842409420457943040

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Henchman of Santa posted:

One man with a connection to Dwyane Wade is now available if the Bulls want to make a new coaching hire.

https://twitter.com/NicoleAuerbach/status/842409420457943040

gently caress me. I legitimately am debating if I want loving Tom Crean as a coach over Hoiberg. Is this what it has come to?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lockback posted:

Wade is still an NBA-Starter calibre player, and he bails out the ugly Bulls offense pretty frequently. I think Butler was helped a lot having a high usage player playing next to him too, so I wouldn't be surprised if the last stretch of the season looks a bit worse for him.

I'm not sure what difference this all makes. If that elbow takes a while to heal god help the 2018 Bulls.

Easier on him and better for a team if he does go ring chase though. He can look like 2008 Wade for 20 minutes off the bench absolutely clowning scrubs.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

nachos posted:

I thought losing Wade would be a disaster but like the rest of 2016 I was wrong about literally everything. Dragic is so good when he has freedom to run the entire show.

Agreed. I also think they did a great job getting young talent and everyone underrated Spo. Spo is at worst a top 5 coach and should win COTY.

Edit: Wade on the Spurs as a 6th man next year would be insane.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

DeimosRising posted:

Easier on him and better for a team if he does go ring chase though. He can look like 2008 Wade for 20 minutes off the bench absolutely clowning scrubs.

That'd probably be giving up 23 million for a MLE contract though, one definition of "Easier".....

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What do the Heat do with Justice Winslow next year, though? Is he coming off the bench as a 6th man defender?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Spacebump posted:

Agreed. I also think they did a great job getting young talent and everyone underrated Spo. Spo is at worst a top 5 coach and should win COTY.

Edit: Wade on the Spurs as a 6th man next year would be insane.

Dallas and Miami this year should lock Carlisle and Spoelstra into the HOF. When people wonder how Jackson or Pop would have done with a roster of trash, those two can serve as an example of what a genuinely great coach can make out of mediocre parts. Every guy gets used in the best possible way.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

euphronius posted:

Rob Covington is a 3nD guy now.

Agreed. He is a great defender and is a league average 3 point shooter for his career with a pretty high volume of shots. That one dude has hated on his shooting multiple times so far this season, just focusing on him having a rough two month start to the season and ignoring everything else.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lockback posted:

That'd probably be giving up 23 million for a MLE contract though, one definition of "Easier".....

Oh I'm not saying he'll do it or should. Just that from a pure basketball perspective his best spot is as a bench killer right now.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Tae posted:

What do the Heat do with Justice Winslow next year, though? Is he coming off the bench as a 6th man defender?

I'd attempt to trade him to get into the draft but barring that he's on the roster and definitely not starting.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Where could Wade potentially land? Spurs seem too capped out to be an option. I could see Dallas making it work.

lowly abject turd
Mar 23, 2009
um so how much heckling can one really get away with during a basketball game? like is it up to the players and coaches or refs call or arena security?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

lowly abject turd posted:

um so how much heckling can one really get away with during a basketball game? like is it up to the players and coaches or refs call or arena security?

You must do what you feel is right

Also it depends, guys got away with mocking Derek Fisher's daughter's cancer, but people have been kicked out for milder stuff if the player or coach complains to security.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Up to the players and coaches. Westbrook is apparently thin-skinned when you bring up Durant and has gotten people kicked out of games for it this season.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Kibner posted:

Up to the players and coaches.

Seriously? I would think it would be up to security. So a player can just choose to boot any fans that heckle them at all? That doesn't sound right.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Wade is just resting up to help lead the Paul George Lakers to a sizzling 32-50 next year.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
It's almost like the multi millionaire on the court has a more valid opinion on if someone is interfering with his game than the drunk guy yelling at him.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

RCarr posted:

Seriously? I would think it would be up to security. So a player can just choose to boot any fans that heckle them at all? That doesn't sound right.

My bad, it wasn't Westbrook but coach Donovan: http://uproxx.com/dimemag/russell-westbrook-kevin-durant-oklahoma-city-thunder/4/

quote:

[...]

But the most common suggestion was something about Kevin Durant, so I decided to yell out the former Thunder MVP’s name during a Russell Westbrook free throw in the second quarter. Right before he settled into his shooting motion and a second before the section behind the basket starting amping up their volume, I struck with a crystal clear “Kevin Durant” scream. Westbrook missed the free throw, section 114 had a good laugh for a rare fan-effected play, and Billy Donovan lost his cool.

The gentlemen who sit behind me clued me in on the last time OKC was in New Orleans and Coach Donovan had a couple of Pelican fans tossed out because he didn’t like whatever they were saying. I felt the eyes of security beam down on me and before I knew it, there it was. My first warning of the 2016-2017 season. From the easily irritable insides of Billy Donovan to my dumb face. “You are not allowed to say Kevin Durant’s name anymore during this game,” is what I was told by a team representative. So I didn’t. But if saying Kevin Durant’s name is all it takes to unnerve Billy Donovan, then there’s your scouting report.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Where could Wade potentially land? Spurs seem too capped out to be an option. I could see Dallas making it work.

Dirk hates Wade. Would be kind of shocked if that happened.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Rick posted:

Wade is just resting up to help lead the Paul George Lakers to a sizzling 32-50 next year.

Not so fast, the Durant injury makes it somewhat likely that PG13 will qualify for the DPE!!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Don't shout gently caress you to Dwight Howard in front of a group of small children from a church youth group and you'll be ok

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
If JaM signs with the Pistons this offseason I will buy Dejan his jersey :toxx:

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Late to the party, but that's a prime MJ dunk and I love it. Kawhi is a monster.

edit:

I looked up Paul George's numbers and was surprised to see he's having a good season with better shooting numbers than last year. The Pacers are so boring, he completely fell off my radar this year.

Also:

https://twitter.com/swish41/status/842037542740492289

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 16, 2017

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I had Sam Cassell tell me to party with myself when I kept telling across the court at John Wall during Summer League asking him where he was partying at

Someone in Cousins' entourage also tried politely telling my group to shut up

Was never made to leave

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Mar 16, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Man y'all some obnoxious assholes.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Jordan Crawford signed for the rest of this season and next with the Pels. I can't imagine it was for much.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

DeimosRising posted:

Dallas and Miami this year should lock Carlisle and Spoelstra into the HOF. When people wonder how Jackson or Pop would have done with a roster of trash, those two can serve as an example of what a genuinely great coach can make out of mediocre parts. Every guy gets used in the best possible way.

Whiteside and Dragic should easily be carrying teams to the playoffs. I do not think what Spoelstra has done is all that impressive. I think the amount he was able to lose to start the year with that roster is actually more impressive than the winning he's doing now.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

haha when you're TOO ON and you CAN'T MISS

The annual Shutting Down Bledsoe gathering at my father's house is a cherished tradition

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Bashez posted:

Whiteside and Dragic should easily be carrying teams to the playoffs. I do not think what Spoelstra has done is all that impressive. I think the amount he was able to lose to start the year with that roster is actually more impressive than the winning he's doing now.

Yes, career WS/48 of .119 player Goran Dragic should definitely be leading anything to anywhere.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Jack's Flow posted:

Late to the party, but that's a prime MJ dunk and I love it. Kawhi is a monster.

edit:

I looked up Paul George's numbers and was surprised to see he's having a good season with better shooting numbers than last year. The Pacers are so boring, he completely fell off my radar this year.

Also:

https://twitter.com/swish41/status/842037542740492289

Is not potato. Is secret police.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
https://twitter.com/Enes_Kanter/status/842412552118239232

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006