Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Fathis Munk posted:

What were they thinking. Was this game animated by the interns ?
It's an EA title, so probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Captain Monkey posted:

They based their AI on Jimmy Fallon?

*starts laughing mid cutscene

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Captain Monkey posted:

They based their AI on Jimmy Fallon?

I knew there was a vibe I was picking up while watching it muted!
---
Without sound the main character comes off like she maybe would be sent home from work because she was acting a little slaphappy. She's all like "Pffffffff whatever, haha, I have no idea what is happening. Man I should not have gone to the bar last night, because I am running on no sleep, have not showered and honestly I'm still p drunk"

I can't say I wouldn't love that if it was the case.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

At this point the best thing that could happen is for the game to get progressively jankier, the camera effects to get worse, and the acting to get sillier, until 75% of the way through the game a boom mic drops in from offscreen and hits ryder on the head. They have to do a retake and the last quarter of the game is basically the good ending of saints row 3. Then you're automatically dumped into multiplayer and the singleplayer erases itself from disk.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA07hLF-3tE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zUilV_oemg

All of this reminds me of this golden classic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddqHDVTzmxo

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Its all composed like those facial cap outtakes from LA Noire.

mysterious frankie posted:

I knew there was a vibe I was picking up while watching it muted!
---
Without sound the main character comes off like she maybe would be sent home from work because she was acting a little slaphappy. She's all like "Pffffffff whatever, haha, I have no idea what is happening. Man I should not have gone to the bar last night, because I am running on no sleep, have not showered and honestly I'm still p drunk"

I can't say I wouldn't love that if it was the case.
The only emotion they really nail is the look on the face of an actor doing less than serious community theater when they keep mugging to the audience like "did that just happen?"

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Oh man, my fiance is going to be so disappointed with this game. She's been looking so forward to it, and she's going to be so let down after all the buildup she's been giving herself. I don't even want to talk to her about the animation clips, because I don't want to set her up to hate it before she plays it.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

IUG posted:

Oh man, my fiance is going to be so disappointed with this game. She's been looking so forward to it, and she's going to be so let down after all the buildup she's been giving herself. I don't even want to talk to her about the animation clips, because I don't want to set her up to hate it before she plays it.

If you buy a game from bioware to not play it as a sarcastic idiot, I don't know what to tell you.

Like this game is great if you play sarcastic Hawke Shep whoever the gently caress. You know the universe is going to end anyway.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Fathis Munk posted:

What were they thinking. Was this game animated by the interns ?

They already have the money from preoreders. Why wouldn't the executives churn out garbage and escape on their golden parachutes?

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ArtIsResistance posted:

I like when people talk about how a videogame or its fans are like domestic abuse. That's funny and normal

Cool thanks

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Alaois posted:

this is the game they bragged that will have full-on nudity in it

who the in the world would possibly want to see this poo poo in the buff

GTA IV beat them to it years ago

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Ryder's constant smile really creeps me out. I don't know why but it does.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

TopHatGenius posted:

Ryder's constant smile really creeps me out. I don't know why but it does.

You'd smile too if you just printed a ton of money 100% legally.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
People are really hating on the new ME huh? I thought it wasn't even out yet?

Other than the characters/animations looking funny, has there been any indication yet that the game is gonna blow? Is it residual hate from ME3? I haven't followed any of the pre-release marketing or hype, so I'm honestly curious :(

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Your Computer posted:

People are really hating on the new ME huh? I thought it wasn't even out yet?

Other than the characters/animations looking funny, has there been any indication yet that the game is gonna blow? Is it residual hate from ME3? I haven't followed any of the pre-release marketing or hype, so I'm honestly curious :(

Some outlets have gotten advance copies to stream the first x amount of hours.

edit: there's a trial version on Origin.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Testekill posted:

Some outlets have gotten advance copies to stream the first x amount of hours.

edit: there's a trial version on Origin.

If only there was a way to short video game dialogue....or maybe we could just long play poor characterization in video games in general!!!

General Specific
Jun 22, 2007

I had one of those, but the front wheel fell off and I had to get rid of it.
It looks especially strange because the parts of the face individually look pretty good, they just don't move like faces are supposed to. It's like someone got some really fancy Poser models but they've never animated anything before.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
So are these all glitches or is that just the norm for the game?

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Botox injections for everyone!

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Dragonwagon posted:

So are these all glitches or is that just the norm for the game?

Yes.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Kikas posted:

All of this reminds me of this golden classic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddqHDVTzmxo

Still the best LP of Mass Effect that's ever been made.

The part where they spawn multiple tanks in the elevator shaft and cause a "blockage" had me in tears.

And not to forget driving the Mako through the Citadel to the first big meeting with the Council and using the main gun to disintegrate the human general before the cutscene starts and the game totally making GBS threads itself.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

I mean, they only had millions of dollars, five years and a diverse staff of employees, so I don't know why I expected them to figure out blinking, walking and not having all your characters either mugging wildly or looking like this thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ930zzYxl8

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
I'm just enjoying the conspiracy theory that they made characters look bad on purpose because of feminism.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Forgall posted:

I'm just enjoying the conspiracy theory that they made characters look bad on purpose because of feminism.

Is the evidence a lack of long hair?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Forgall posted:

I'd like to hear the good argument, because all I can come up with are bad ones.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Forgall posted:

This is like a reverse Hanlon's Razor.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I googled "bioware deliberately uglifying" and the top result is an article about a feminist arguing that the game is othering women because the male Shepard model looks like his model while the female Shepard doesn't look like hers. This is not the argument I expected

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

mysterious frankie posted:

I'd like to hear the good argument, because all I can come up with are bad ones.

I'm guessing it's along the lines of removing unrealistic (or unrealistically common) beauty standards from media. It's not like the ME series is immune from male gaze design and cutscene direction.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Forgall posted:

Yeah, I looked at the videos posted and most of the replies seem to think that :psyduck:

what the hell is wrong with these people

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

This is old news. We already knew the PC agenda had taken over all mainstream media once we saw that black people existed in battlefield 1.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

BioWare has always been hellbent on perpetuating white genocide. Why, Baldur's Gate, when creating a new character, tells you outright that picking a male character or a female character won't affect your stats or gameplay.

e: poo poo, have a game glitch

Jay Rust has a new favorite as of 19:01 on Mar 17, 2017

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Lobok posted:

I'm guessing it's along the lines of removing unrealistic (or unrealistically common) beauty standards from media. It's not like the ME series is immune from male gaze design and cutscene direction.

Haha, yeah, if this wasn't a massive fuckup they would be conventionally attractive versions of underrepresented races, genders and body types, not juddering slackjawed flaws in the matrix.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

In a startling move, BioWare reveals they're in the pocket of the united blandly healthy looking young stock photography models that have destroyed their nervous systems with bath salts' conspiracy against me getting normal gaming boners with their newest game, Mass Effect: Andromeda.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/Steve_OS/status/842440735483940864

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

God drat I'm real sad Silent Hills got canned now

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

Nightmare fuel.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The more technologically advanced games will get, the more horrifying the glitches will be :allears: This is some grade A nightmare fuel, jesus christ.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
poo poo that should just be a toggle in the game.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
That's some proper Junji Ito material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
e. wrong thread.

Kennel has a new favorite as of 19:57 on Mar 17, 2017