Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Uh. Duh.

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Extremely strong post to kick off the 200th page imo

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Ettin please ban.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Same.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

BULBASAUR posted:

World Eater background is the most heavy metal thing. Nice stuff, GreenMarine. You inspire me to work on my own fluff. I particularly like the green plasma effect you're going with. For your vox backpack, you can probably use a paperclip. Drill a pilot hole, glue it in, and then cut it to your desired length.

I got some serious work done this weekend. Besides finishing my 6 fully converted vorax I'm getting close to finishing these badasses:

These are ending up as some of my favorite conversions. They just feel so heavy and dynamic. The smaller arms will be magnetized so I can swap the photon thrusters for melee weapons. The undersides of the power fists are also magnetized so I can give run them with dual plasma or dual grav.

These are loving awesome and I have no idea what I'm looking at but I want them. Also, where did you get those heads, specifically the really tall one with the cylindrical hood/hat? It strikes me as very Moebius-Arzach which is one of my most favorite things ever.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
They're all from the 40k Techpriest Dominus kit.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Indeed.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

You guys are the worst :mad:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

DJ Dizzy posted:

You guys are the worst :mad:

Uh. Duh.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

ijyt posted:

Uh. Duh.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Im never gonna live this down, am I? :smith:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

DJ Dizzy posted:

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

DJ Dizzy posted:

Editing in the threads favorite primarch is a very good start at reconciliation.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

DJ Dizzy posted:

Awuuuuuu

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

How is Perty so incredibly fat in all his artwork?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hixson posted:

How is Perty so incredibly fat in all his artwork?

It's a Loser Legion.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

He's a goon. Duh.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Official Goon Legions:
Dark Angels - autistic loners who buy novelty swords
Iron Warriors - literal warhams
Death Guard - fart huffers who keep piss jars
Thousand Sons - nerds who get slam dunked for reading too many books

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

panascope posted:

Official Goon Legions:

Add to OP, tia

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

panascope posted:

Me irl:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

I'm the wizened old wizard in dad jeans and old Nikes in the background

SRM fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Mar 17, 2017

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

SRM posted:

I'm the wizened old wizard in dad shoes and old Nikes in the background

He IS wearing ultramarines blue :buddy:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Same

Also me irl:

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Mar 17, 2017

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
"Anyone whose legion army consists of spammed tactical veteran squads is either homeless or lacking in intellect points. Pride of the legion is the worst rite of war possible as it doesn't give you any other benefits than that it allows the said homeless person to build an army from his first calth or prospero box and call it vaguely 'playable'."

panascope posted:

Official Goon Legions:

You're right, Space Wolf players aren't even people

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Mar 17, 2017

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

panascope posted:

They aren't piss jars, my vas deferens just have an infection at the moment okay? :mad:

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So I've got my infantry core assembled. 2 Prospero tac squads, and a tactical box and bac sprue I put together for heavy weapons, special weapons, and vets. Once my mk2 sgts come in I'll be pretty well set other than picking up a devastator box later and some more bodies for the various heavy weapons.

Before I go further I'm going to get this lot painted up. Sadly, I already oathed a warmachine colossal this month I need to finish first.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

First, i didn't call anyone an idiot. I did however hint towards possible poverty.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Warhammer 30k: Hinting towards possible poverty.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
My plan is to have a core army painted by 8th edition. My marines, some rhinos, and maybe a dread. Whatever changes, marines in rhinos are still going to be a thing I need.

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...

Safety Factor posted:

Same

Also me irl:

What in the name of all that is good is going on here? Yes, when the "barbarians" come and everything is on fire I'll be looking to swords and Bitcoin rather than firefighters and a professional army.

Meanwhile, my Sicaran's paintjob nears completion. I have to await my resin order for the Ultramarines badges for it before I can declare it done.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ten thousand years later...

When You were partying on Fenris I studied The Codex Astartes

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Xir posted:

What in the name of all that is good is going on here? Yes, when the "barbarians" come and everything is on fire I'll be looking to swords and Bitcoin rather than firefighters and a professional army.

Don't think about it too hard.
That way lies grog-ness.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

chutche2 posted:

My plan is to have a core army painted by 8th edition. My marines, some rhinos, and maybe a dread. Whatever changes, marines in rhinos are still going to be a thing I need.

Given that large swathes of the HH books are written for 6th edition I wouldnt stress about 8th too hard.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm not even sure it's been written for 6th. FW clearly thinks that being forced to sweep is a downside of some kind in a game without ATSKNF. It would be if units still advanced 2d6 instead of just consolidating, but that's long gone.

They are so convinced that this is a downside that Blood Angels are forced to sweep by their legion rules and it's a negative trait of one of their Rites of War. :v:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

panascope posted:

First, i didn't call anyone an idiot. I did however hint towards possible poverty.

I was quoting B&C, sorry bro

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
...or was I?

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

chutche2 posted:

That's better than my plan, which is currently "Have paint on my army"

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So what kind of mechanicum would be good to ally with iron hands? I like the look of them.

My ROW lets me take all sorts of battle automata so I might try that. After my iron hands is done I'd like to ease in some.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
All the admech options have perks. You just need to figure out what you want them to do relative to your Iron Hands army. Taghmata has the most options- everything from strong shooting to flesh hordes to easy access to interceptor. Reductor is all about the tanks. Cyberntica has been nerfed over the years to be the worst of the three, but they are the way to go if you plan to take robots and are the best way to run Vultarax (probably the best anti armour unit in the game).

As Iron Hands you can attach your ICs to Admech squads and vice versa. There are some interesting combos for you there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

I was quoting B&C, sorry bro

I was also quoting B&C.