Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Atomicated posted:

I wish I liked Gungeon. It had a great aesthetic but man it just felt painfully slow unless you got a good gun early on and once I found out about how drop system worked getting hit once felt incredibly demoralizing.

:same: I felt like I needed to be absolutely perfect at dodging in that game for it to be any fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

BJPaskoff posted:

I can't find cases for this damned thing. I also hate that you can't charge the system and have it in kickstand mode at the same time, and that I'm terrible at finding Shrines in the opening area of Zelda.

I just got a Switch Backpack to put my Portable Playstand and spare AC Adapter in.

Playing at my desk with my arms dangling is glorious. I hope I have more meetings scheduled.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get my Gooseneck Mount attached to my nightstand in a desirable fashion.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Is the amiibo scanning feature a once per 24 hours or once per day thing? As in, if I were to scan them all at 11:50PM could I then rescan them all at 12:01AM? I'm asking for a friend (my amiibo collection is my only friend).

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Is the amiibo scanning feature a once per 24 hours or once per day thing? As in, if I were to scan them all at 11:50PM could I then rescan them all at 12:01AM? I'm asking for a friend (my amiibo collection is my only friend).

You can be friends with JivJov

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/RXBSWGXE9AM3L/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01HEO7Z2U
3 Star Review on that Groosneck. Pic included only shows one star.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Will one of the iPad power bricks with a USB-C cable plugged into it eventually charge the switch?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
What's the output of that brick?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

12W

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
That should work well enough.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Kaboobi posted:

Will one of the iPad power bricks with a USB-C cable plugged into it eventually charge the switch?

Yes. I think I went from 40% to around 97% in about 2 hours. The Switch was in sleep mode. And it was the cable that came with the Pro Controller.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hey

the switch is still good

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Everyone at work gathered in one of the conference rooms to eat lunch and watch the NCAA tournament. I brought the Switch so my buddy could see what Zelda was like.

It quickly turned into 10 people passing around the pro controller and loving around in Zelda. My one older coworker (55) was absolutely blown away. He's a very mild mannered dude and he even said "Look at those loving graphics!"

This thing really is rad. Everyone pretty much decided that MK8 is going to our lunches come May.

I have an 8hr car trip tomorrow to Memphis so I look forward to Switch for much of that.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

BJPaskoff posted:

:same: I felt like I needed to be absolutely perfect at dodging in that game for it to be any fun.

Yeah, I felt like it was tuned for people who are really good at twin shooters so while I enjoyed the gameplay I knew I would never get to the skill cap required to experience most of the content.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Mahoning posted:

Yes. I think I went from 40% to around 97% in about 2 hours. The Switch was in sleep mode. And it was the cable that came with the Pro Controller.

Hooray, thanks. I almost bought another AC adapter and then went "wait a minute, I can probably just charge it with what I normally have with me"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

http://i.imgur.com/xVnk16Y.mp4

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Oh holy poo poo I almost pissed myself. :lol:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I can make my own stand. Though I have a feeling all these Lego bits cost more than the 13 dollars the Hori stand costs.

Mistakes were made during development. Big thumbs up to the AmFilm glass screen protector. It does its job.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Did you just punch the screen when making the stand started to get frustrating?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The previous version I made held onto the switch on all four sides. This one does not. I tilted it so it slipped out and landed screen first on my 2DS AC adapter.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Denis Dyack claims MGS: Twin Snakes on Switch is a possibility.

Also Konami has just announced they're releasing an update to Super Bomberman R tomorrow that should alleviate online play lag and all-around input delay.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dennis Dyack doesn't know anything. He'd claim Halo was a possibility of he thought someone would give him a few bucks.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Also Konami has just announced they're releasing an update to Super Bomberman R tomorrow that should alleviate online play lag and all-around input delay.

Of course it's a possibility, once someone ports Dolphin :v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Telltale's Batman series might be coming to the Switch

Yessssss gimme dem adventure games

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

enojy posted:

Ugh Piyo Puyo Tetris is in the Coming Soon section of the eShop at $39.99. I thought digital was supposed to be $30?

Physical only on PS4 for 30 dollars actually. On Switch it's 40 bucks in either physical or digital.

Policenaut posted:

Stop giving Denis Dyack money.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Definitely not once per calendar day. Once per rolling 24 hours but I swear it seems like even that isn't enough. I haven't done any actual testing, though now I might.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Adding this to the post below the OP

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Stop giving Denis Dyack money.

I lived in Ontario so I've given that gently caress enough money, thank you very much.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

Physical boo

Digital MK8 so it's always available

I just sold A Link Between Worlds for the 3DS for 2 dollars less than I paid for it brand new.

Never buy digital when physical is an option is this gamer's opinion.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Twin Snakes is the definitive MGS

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dennis Dyack is the definitive snake.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I just sold A Link Between Worlds for the 3DS for 2 dollars less than I paid for it brand new.

That's kinda how I feel, too. I'm getting Binding of Isaac on the Switch tomorrow because, with GCU, it's the same price as Steam's all-time low for the bundle. I have no idea how many copies of this game they'll eventually make and it's way easier to buy digital during a sale while reselling the physical copy. Doubly so if the game has a more limited print run. I finally relinquished my copy of the Metroid Prime Trilogy for about $30 more than I paid for it and used $10 of that $30 to get it on the Wii U when it was released digitally.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Physical only on PS4 for 30 dollars actually. On Switch it's 40 bucks in either physical or digital.

Is that the new price? Up until now, every place was saying the digital Switch version would be $30.

NormenKD
Jul 14, 2013

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I support that statement for CARTRIDGES!
I don't like CD/DVD/BluRay, though... I just don't trust them :colbert:

Edit for clarification.

NormenKD fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 16, 2017

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

NormenKD posted:

I support that statement for CARTRIDGES, CD/DVD/BluRay not so much. I just don't trust them :colbert:

Yet you trust that Nintendo's servers are gonna be up in 20 years to redownload any titles when your SD card croaks!!!

nerox
May 20, 2001
I just rode a bear through Hyrule. GOTY.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

In twenty years we'll all be dead, who cares.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

parallelodad posted:

In twenty years we'll all be dead, who cares.

20 is incredibly optimistic. I'm going with three.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Louisgod posted:

20 is incredibly optimistic. I'm going with three.

We're 1/4th into 1. I don't know if I can stand 2.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
The sooner death comes the better, I won't constantly feel the mounting pressure of yet another generations worth of backlog that I will never finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

But who will get my NNID when I die

• Locked thread