Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Moridin920 posted:

Being super generous with the benefit of the doubt: dude is into anal stuff but is ashamed about it because "don't wanna be gay" and so he uses them on business trips and the condoms are for the dildos.

However, that seems kind of ridiculous and contrived and he's probably cheating.

For me it's the hotel room comment. It reads like he thought she might be able to find out if Ivana went to his room so he didn't want to make the lie too big but instead made it pathetic and hard to believe

Still, the idea of some business guy going on a trip and the whole time he's thinking "gently caress yeah finally I can ram myself in the rear end in my hotel room freedom is miiiiiiiiiiiine!!" is really funny too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Play posted:

Still, the idea of some business guy going on a trip and the whole time he's thinking "gently caress yeah finally I can ram myself in the rear end in my hotel room freedom is miiiiiiiiiiiine!!" is really funny too.

Like, on a deeper level, I know he's probably just cheating but this is why I'm 50/50 on it, cause I really want it to be this.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Play posted:

I am very convinced that this happens regularly too, but the weird comment about her coming to the room means he probably cheated.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

zakharov posted:

I would not have picked that particular story as one to spawn a 5 page derail.

What if the dog was about to jump on her when she was wearing all of her new Arsenal garb?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Play posted:

Maybe they have to attend a series of lectures in a nearby town.

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03232007

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

food court bailiff posted:

I am very convinced that this happens regularly too, but the weird comment about her coming to the room means he probably cheated.

If it were me I'd deny her coming at all and if she somehow found out say it was for a second. Admitting anything invites suspicion as you can see

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!
Wow that was a terrible derail

There should be a rule against perpetuating circular arguments in this thread for more than a page, or you're obliged to post content if you really need to get in the last word. Any advice or opinions generated are even more loving useless than the reddit ones because the OP isn't here to listen/clarify

Here have an unambiguously lovely person:

quote:

[UPDATE] Me [25F] with my boyfriend [23M] 3 years, he can't accept that I'm a vegetation and I think he's trying to trick me into eating meat.Updates
submitted 1 year ago * by veggiegirlfriend
Original post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/403t3h/me_25f_with_my_boyfriend_23m_3_years_he_cant/
So after posting, I stuck to only eating food I'd made and my bf got more and more antsy about cooking for me. I sat him down the next day and asked him the same stuff: if he had a problem with my vegetarianism, why he was trying to contaminate my food: since I asked WHY and not IF, he blew up. Demanding to know why I didn't trust him, how I could accuse him of this. He also kept trying to get me to explain why I'm veggie in the first place, but he knows this well so I didn't let him derail the conversation. Eventually, after the most frustrating, circular argument ever, he stormed off to our bedroom. We didn't speak that night or the morning.
When I got home the next day, he'd actually gone and cooked an entire chicken "for us". He asked me if I'd eat it. It was so surreal: him stood at the kitchen counter with this cooked chicken asking me to eat it when he's never known me to eat meat, as if we hasn't been arguing about this at all. I didn't even respond. I shouldered my way past him to the fridge ... which was a massive mistake. I guess he went a little nuts. I still can't really believe this happened, but he grabbed me by my hair at the back on my head and with another hand tried to force chicken into my mouth.
I am still shocked by this. It was terrifying, he was so much stronger than me. He didn't succeed and after some moments of me struggling, he let go. He just stood there, looking defeated while I literally ran out of the kitchen and got some stuff and went to my parent's. I'm there now, it's been the better part of a week. He's agreed to move out: put up no fight for the flat or for us (which I wouldn't accept of course anyway). When we spoke on the phone to decide this, he sounded ashamed. Quiet. I hope he's ashamed.
I'll never know why he suddenly snapped about my vegetarianism and I frankly don't care anymore, he's obviously just a wanker to do that anyway. This past month or so has been so different to the test of our relationship, it's crazy, but there's no coming back from this. I'm well shot of him.
tl;dr: BF tried to force feed me, we're done.

Also the anally fixated business man boyfriend was banging a dude I reckon. He told her he brought a girl over to deflect suspicion

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

When I got home the next day, he'd actually gone and cooked an entire chicken "for us". He asked me if I'd eat it. It was so surreal: him stood at the kitchen counter with this cooked chicken asking me to eat it when he's never known me to eat meat, as if we hasn't been arguing about this at all. I didn't even respond. I shouldered my way past him to the fridge ... which was a massive mistake. I guess he went a little nuts. I still can't really believe this happened, but he grabbed me by my hair at the back on my head and with another hand tried to force chicken into my mouth.

:catstare:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

IPA Regulations posted:

Wow that was a terrible derail

There should be a rule against perpetuating circular arguments in this thread for more than a page, or you're obliged to post content if you really need to get in the last word. Any advice or opinions generated are even more loving useless than the reddit ones because the OP isn't here to listen/clarify

Here have an unambiguously lovely person:

Also the anally fixated business man boyfriend was banging a dude I reckon. He told her he brought a girl over to deflect suspicion

Lol wtf

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
how can you have any pudding if you don't EAT YOUR MEAT?!

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

IPA Regulations posted:

cool idea, thread police man with three posts here

quote:

[UPDATE] Me [25F] with my boyfriend [23M] 3 years, he can't accept that I'm a vegetation and I think he's trying to trick me into eating meat.Updates

Isn't 23 around when mental illnesses start to show up in men?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Isn't 23 around when mental illnesses start to show up in men?

i dunno if being a controlling fuckhead with a short fuse is a mental illness

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

boner confessor posted:

i dunno if being a controlling fuckhead with a short fuse is a mental illness

They've been together for three years and he just snapped within the last month, and it devolved to him trying to force feed her. Prior to a few weeks ago it wasn't an issue. It really seems like something broke somewhere in his brain.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Me [37/F] with my husband 32M of 3 years, has road rage problems and put me and our child(ren) in danger

quote:

TLDR: my husband has a habit of acting aggressively in public, especially traffic. Xmas eve, I felt he put our family in danger and I wonder if I'm overreacting.
"We" were my husband (32m), me (37f) and our son (4m) and I guess if we're down to nitty gritty, I'm also pregnant with a 6 month old fetus.
Husband is driving, traffic is heavy, we have a green light but no where to really move to through an intersection since there's a traffic back up. A very nice looking Audi driven by an approximately 30m pulls out from perpendicular street and cuts us in line of traffic. Again, we weren't really moving. This move irritates my husband, who beeps at the Audi. The Audi driver basically gives him a look to say "what?"...basically the guy saw his chance to move into traffic so he took it. My husband then decides to give the guy the finger. I yell at him to stop, tell him to knock it off as the neighborhood we are in is gritty to say the least and there's no need to escalate the situation.
Husband starts gesticulating at the other driver as he's defending his actions to me after I scolded him for using vulgar sign language.
The Audi driver puts his car in park in the middle of the street and opens his door and approaches my husband. He looked like a nice enough guy but I worry about gun violence (someone was shot in a similar incident recently around here) and all I could think was that if this guy punched my husband in the face, my husband would have deserved it. As is was, all the guy said was "you might want to be careful giving people the finger around here" to which my husband belligerently replied "I'm letting you go, sir!" Like he wasn't the one creating the problem the whole time. I told him the other driver was 100% right.
I kept yelling/scolding him for a few seconds...this is not the first time he has acted like an rear end in a top hat behind the wheel , frankly he's very aggressive. I told him under no circumstances should he ever put me and his children in a potentially unsafe situation again. As far as I'm concerned he can get his rear end kicked on his own time if he wants to.
His only response? "You need to stop yelling at me while I'm driving." I replied that I yelled because I was scared by his actions and I'm not about to let our son watch his dad engage in violence. He'd have gotten his rear end pounded if Audi man had wanted a fight. As it was, he totally backed down once confronted.
Oh and the day this incident occurred his birthday and he made me feel like I ruined his special day.
So, I'm angry you guys. Is there anyway to get him to make an effort to change this personality defect, or should I just accept that I married a hot head?
EDIT: thank you for all the advice. While I won't be filing for divorce immediately, I will be insisting on therapy/couples counseling to address this issue. We were seeing a therapist a while back and she was very helpful in getting us to communicate better. But I do agree that this is an issue that, if not properly addressed, could potentially cause a big rift in our family. I've taken steps to correct my own behaviors that I've identified to be a problem and I want my husband to step up and do the same.
EDIT 2: Because a couple of commenters have posited that I'm a shrew who does nothing but yell at my husband, I'm pasting a comment I made below that I hope will present a clearer picture of the events. <I understand that yelling is not usually the best course of action, but you must understand that I. Was. Scared. I was honestly afraid that this other driver was going to return the aggression and that I would have no way to remove my son (or unborn daughter) from the situation. My son could have witnessed his father getting into a physical fight in the middle of a city street (unacceptable), the guy could have emerged from his car with a baseball bat and beat the poo poo out of our car, or God forbid, he could have had a gun and shot at us. I would rather my kid see me yell at his father for a dangerous maneuver than have to go through an attack at the age of four because his father needs to prove how big his dick is.
When he first began acting aggressively towards the Audi driver, I said quietly but firmly "Please stop. Don't. Stop." And when I was ignored and watched him escalate the situation, I said louder "Stop it. We are in a bad neighborhood." And then when the other driver approached our car, I was quiet because I didn't want to escalate the situation further but I was obviously pissed. In fact the Audi driver saw my face and probably realized that my husband was in deep poo poo with me.
The yelling came afterwards, as we were driving away from the situation and pulling into a parking lot, when I said "You need to learn to control your temper behind the wheel when your son and pregnant wife are in the car with you.">
I will also add that my husband has addressed behaviors of mine that he has found unacceptable, and guess what I did? I took steps to correct them so as to make our family's lives better. It is what we do when we're adults.

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!

cool idea, thread police man with three posts here

thanks guy with 4 pages of posts here and not a single one of content

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My dad did that fairly frequently when I was a kid and it was terrifying and stupid and made me respect him way less every time he did it. He also had anger issues in general.

That said probably wait for him to cool off before you start scolding him, not that I don't get it but it just won't be very productive while he's still in fight/anger mode.

\/\/\/ and yeah in case people outside the US are rolling eyes at the "what if he gets shot thing" or anything, that poo poo happens all the time here

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Nazzadan posted:

Me [37/F] with my husband 32M of 3 years, has road rage problems and put me and our child(ren) in danger

That's how you get killed

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Blue Train posted:

That's how you get killed

No kidding. I kind of wonder if he would have kept escalating if the other car was a beatup pickup or something instead of an Audi. You don't really expect an Audi owner to come out and kick your rear end.

IPA Regulations posted:

thanks guy with 4 pages of posts here and not a single one of content

just lol if you go to reddit

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

They've been together for three years and he just snapped within the last month, and it devolved to him trying to force feed her. Prior to a few weeks ago it wasn't an issue. It really seems like something broke somewhere in his brain.

it's probably been causing resentment in him over a long period of time and he finally snapped. imo this is more likely that adult onset schizophrenia or something

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

just lol if you go to reddit
This, I won't fault someone for not doing what us brave adventurers do.
I have to go through 5+ horrendously boring lovely posts each time I find one worth reposting here.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Nazzadan posted:

This guy is going to get someone's head bashed in. I'm still breaking the habit of flipping people off and what got me into realizing how dangerous it was was someone following me all the way home one night and circling my block. They blew a stop sign. I gave them the bird and a little honk, thats all. This guy is either going to piss off someone who will bash their head in with a tire iron or likewise lose his poo poo and run some e off the road.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

boner confessor posted:

it's probably been causing resentment in him over a long period of time and he finally snapped. imo this is more likely that adult onset schizophrenia or something

Possible, I guess, I'm just married to a vegetarian that I've been with for almost a decade and have zero resentment over so it just feels really foreign in my head.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
My bf thinks I'm a vegetation and a shrubbery.

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

boner confessor posted:

it's probably been causing resentment in him over a long period of time and he finally snapped

i dunno dude theres a big difference between run-of-the-mill 'snapping' and 'trying to force chicken down your girlfriend's throat'

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Possible, I guess, I'm just married to a vegetarian that I've been with for almost a decade and have zero resentment over so it just feels really foreign in my head.

also there's the fact the guy immediately realized he hosed up when he assaulted his girlfriend with a drumstick

chernobyl kinsman posted:

i dunno dude theres a big difference between run-of-the-mill 'snapping' and 'trying to force chicken down your girlfriend's throat'

not really, that's how snapping goes. you do something really stupid and hostile and then you calm down and realize you're a loving idiot

we should all be grateful he didn't beat the poo poo out of her or sodomize her with a sausage or something. when people snap they're capable of far worse violence especially in domestic partner relationships

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Nazzadan posted:

the neighborhood we are in is gritty to say the least
He looked like a nice enough guy but I worry about gun violence
the guy could have emerged from his car with a baseball bat and beat the poo poo out of our car, or God forbid, he could have had a gun and shot at us.

really disappointed we only get to see the bland tip of the iceberg that is the dysfunctional relationship between Mad Max and Neurotic Girl

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

boner confessor posted:

not really, that's how snapping goes. you do something really stupid and hostile and then you calm down and realize you're a loving idiot

we should all be grateful he didn't beat the poo poo out of her or sodomize her with a sausage or something. when people snap they're capable of far worse violence especially in domestic partner relationships

Like that picky eater who literally raped his partner for bringing, I think it was vegetables, into the house.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Oh...I just clicked on OP from my road rage story...she has like 3 pages of submitted posts. Glancing through them, she is an alcoholic that on her 90th day of sobriety she got wasted as a celebration..

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

aegof posted:

Like that picky eater who literally raped his partner for bringing, I think it was vegetables, into the house.

Sure it wasn't rapeseed

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Nazzadan posted:

Oh...I just clicked on OP from my road rage story...she has like 3 pages of submitted posts. Glancing through them, she is an alcoholic that on her 90th day of sobriety she got wasted as a celebration..

Lol post more

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I dated a girl who would actually reach over and honk my horn for me when I was in the car if someone did something stupid and I didn't honk fast enough or if I decided it wasn't a big deal that required me to honk at them. I told her repeatedly not to touch the horn and she kept doing it. Who raises their kids to do that?

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Instead of collecting my 90 day chip, I broke into some vodka

quote:

I'm so upset, embarrassed, feel and look like poo poo. I had been doing so well, hadn't been tempted until recently, last weekend which I managed to avoid. Last night I found myself alone, after talking with my dad about how great AA IS, and talking with another friend from AA about how well things have been going. A few hours later I fell out of a chair and my husband called an ambulance. No alcohol poisoning and CAT scan was clear.
Truth is, I've been slowly falling into a funk. Feeling disconnected from my husband, losing 2 pregnancies, feeling resentful of my little boy for being a typical 4 year old, hating my brother and his wife because they can have a house full of booze and ZERO drinking problems. Being there for anyone who needs help while being afraid to ask for help when I need it. My job constantly reminds me I'm overpaid for what I do, yet it's the only thing I can do. I'm afraid to go back to school. My house is chaos, no matter how much I try to keep it organized it's always a mess. I resent my husband for being a pack rat. I'm in a legal battle. My in laws are coming to visit soon. It's all just too loving much. So what do I do? I drink to make it all better. What a loving joke.
So that's it. My sponsor is aware and I've got AA friends calling and texting. I'm just so goddamn angry at myself.

What the crap, Gerber?

quote:

So I've started to relax about giving my 9-month old finger foods (I have a choking phobia) and I decided to give those Gerber Graduates a try. I picked up the Garden Tomato variety as they were the only ones my fiance is not allergic to.
I was shocked that they taste EXACTLY like Doritos! Granted, they're not nearly as nutrient deficient as Doritos, but why on earth would I want to give my baby a taste for junk food?
I'm sticking to fruits and whole grain cereals for his finger foods now. Anyone have any recommendations? What foods did your little ones enjoy when they were learning the basics?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Nazzadan posted:

Still pregnant at the time too

e: actually her life is a real fuckin bummer nvm

Had a nice experience overnight

quote:

My 4 y/o son had a nightmare last night and I was able to get up and comfort him.
I'm not going to gush about what a gift it is that I'm sober today, but today I'm a far cry from the mom who'd yell at him to be quiet while she was nursing a hangover. I'm keeping those guilty feelings in the forefront of my mind because I need them to keep pushing me onward.
Starting Step 4 tomorrow!

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 16, 2017

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

boner confessor posted:

many pages ago there was some dude who beat his gf until her rib broke and raped her in the butt until a neighbor had to pull him off her

her 'crime?' she brought vegetables into his home

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Nazzadan posted:

This, I won't fault someone for not doing what us brave adventurers do.
I have to go through 5+ horrendously boring lovely posts each time I find one worth reposting here.

You do a real public service here and I salute you and the rest of the content-finding brigade. We'd be nothing without you.

At the same time, whenever I try to do it I can't find anything that's really worth posting so I've pretty much given up.

quote:

Haha I like this better

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
This thread isn't fun to read at all right now

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I dated a girl who would actually reach over and honk my horn for me when I was in the car if someone did something stupid and I didn't honk fast enough or if I decided it wasn't a big deal that required me to honk at them. I told her repeatedly not to touch the horn and she kept doing it. Who raises their kids to do that?
Why would you date someone for any length of time after they did that, holy poo poo.

What the gently caress is with these people that think "I am in a several thousand pound machine powered by explosions going several dozen miles per hour while surrounded by a number of other people in the same situation very nearby; now's the perfect time to cause the one in control to flinch, become distracted, or otherwise lose their control of said deathtrap!"

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Yawgmoth posted:

Why would you date someone for any length of time after they did that, holy poo poo.

What the gently caress is with these people that think "I am in a several thousand pound machine powered by explosions going several dozen miles per hour while surrounded by a number of other people in the same situation very nearby; now's the perfect time to cause the one in control to flinch, become distracted, or otherwise lose their control of said deathtrap!"

that girl who liked poking her boyfriend in the face while he was driving was the only non-prank one of these to make me really mad IRL, loving with the steering wheel works too

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Yawgmoth posted:

Aw gently caress not this derail again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

No kidding. I kind of wonder if he would have kept escalating if the other car was a beatup pickup or something instead of an Audi. You don't really expect an Audi owner to come out and kick your rear end.

A professor of mine was on some back road one laner thing in his mercedes going the limit and a dude behind him kept honking tailgating you name it to speed up for about 15 minutes. Finally the road forks for a turn of and the guy behind him guns it to pass in front of the professor then dissappears as he goes barreling down the road. About a minute or so later the professor see the car stopped in the middle of the road blocking it completely, and the guy driving it standing behind it with a 2x4.

Professor exits the car holding his gun which the other guy clearly wasnt expecting which causes him to sort of freeze while holding the 2x4. This lasts an uncomfortable minute before the guy got into his car and roared off again. To this day the professor gets shaky around aggressive drivers because of that experience and the feeling that he was about to kill a man for going the legal limit.