Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The cowboys defense has been bad for years now and has only looked good on paper because they have a ball control offense and other teams were usually playing from behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

They really must not think much of Butler if they're not willing to lock him up. This is dumb.

it's okay, patriots DBs going to the saints have a great recent history. i'm sure it'll work out for those good ole boys in NOLA

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

wandler20 posted:

Brandon Carr to the Ravens and Mo Claiborne to the Jets. Cowboys also lost JJ Wilcox and Barry Church. That's a lot of secondary.

Isn't that pretty much ALL OF IT? :stare:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kalli posted:

Seems legit, please be true and force ESPN to quote them:

https://twitter.com/pardonmytake/status/842450395251265537

If this is true, I figured it would happen this way after last week. Easy come easy go.

sean10mm posted:

If the Saints give the Pats their #32 back for Butler, don't the Saints come out slightly ahead since they also sent the Pats pick #118 for pick #103 in the Cooks trade?

Maybe, but it depends on which position you value more, too. Would you rather have Cooks or Butler on your team?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

sean10mm posted:

Isn't that pretty much ALL OF IT? :stare:

Yeah I mean our secondary has been garbage. But uh now we have no one. I guess this means ae are spending all picks on secondary.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Silly Burrito posted:

If this is true, I figured it would happen this way after last week. Easy come easy go.

Maybe, but it depends on which position you value more, too. Would you rather have Cooks or Butler on your team?

Cooks. Butler is overrated and you can draft a better CB in the best DB draft in recent history.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

pubic works project posted:

He's wanting more than $10 mil per year.

Colts signed NT Al Woods from Tennessee to a two year deal. Metapod? Does he stink?

I still want Hankins.

He's mediocre

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I would prefer to never trade with the Patriots.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

warcrimes posted:

Cooks. Butler is overrated and you can draft a better CB in the best DB draft in recent history.

If nothing else, Cooks is like 3 years younger and still has 2 years on his rookie contract.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

sean10mm posted:

If nothing else, Cooks is like 3 years younger and still has 2 years on his rookie contract.

This is a great point.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

sean10mm posted:

I agree with this, but Payton is desperately trying to build a defense that will allow Drew to get to one last Super Bowl. I would rather keep Cooks too, but it is what it is.

We're sending Ted Ginn on decoy bomb routes all day.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Doesn't hurt that you still have a guy like Michael Thomas.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The Bills matched the Rams offer on Ryan Groy, I would probably expect the Rams to go hard on Nick Mangold now to play center.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

WHOOPS posted:

And Snead is sneaky good. I hate that guy. He's the new Lance Moore.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/miamidolphins/status/842480855989870592

:effort:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/842483106447839234

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
How should I feel about that

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
He's really drat good.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

WHOOPS posted:

True, he and Snead will be our top 2 WR now.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Blitz7x posted:

You should hope he shows up for his 3 amazing games a year when it really matters

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Durandal1707 posted:

He's really drat good.

Lmao at someone thinking this high of Jared cook

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Jared Cook is much more likely to play like how he did with the Packers than he did the Titans/Rams, especially as the Raiders are an actual for-real team and not relegation bait.

If the Raiders start losing, though, then Cook's gonna start to check out.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

loquacius posted:

The Jets aren't rebuilding this offseason, they're surrendering

Yeah, everybody forgot about this pick

I guess we're using #32 on a new CB then?

Yeah the Jets are a complete embarrassment this season because they gave a man cupcakes on his birthday. And they've just completely given up any hope of getting any free agents, as evidenced by all those times they went after free agents! And how stupid the Jets are, not trading away their future for notable superstar quarterbacks like AJ loving McCarron.

The Jets suck and are going to be lovely to watch but man this article has some hosed up logic. It's bleacherreport though so I have nobody to blame but myself for falling for the lovely click bait.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Blitz7x posted:

He looked pretty good with Rodgers last year and a definite upgrade over Rivera. A solid B-list FA signing.

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/842484485388193793

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It's just really strange that the Jets have had two embarrassing cake incidents within the span of six months or so. They have a very thoughtful HR department and look at the thanks it gets them!

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

fsif posted:

It's just really strange that the Jets have had two embarrassing cake incidents within the span of six months or so. They have a very thoughtful HR department and look at the thanks it gets them!

Didn't work for Marie Antoinette, why would it work now?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

warcrimes posted:

He looked pretty good with Rodgers last year and a definite upgrade over Rivera. A solid B-list FA signing.

Does Jared Cook have a hot sister?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Jared Cook is loving garbage hth

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Spoeank posted:

Jared Cook is loving garbage hth

this helps thank you

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
That actually doesn't help

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I didn't know Jared Cook fucks garbage. Gross

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Phins had Odrick in for a visit

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Jared Cook is inconsistent. Sometimes he's great and sometimes he's bad. This means he's bad, overall, because being inconsistent is bad: but sometimes he will win you a game, which is good, and that's better than someone who is always mediocre.

...so on balance Jared Cook is just OK.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Eli Wiggum posted:

I didn't know Jared Cook fucks garbage. Gross

You really should call your mom more.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Brain Curry posted:

Phins had Odrick in for a visit

Some people are saying the pic was from the set of Ballers

He is known to play tricks

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Okay: Jared Cook is good for 2-3 great games a year. You will throw your remote at a wide open drop probably once a game. He will disappear for a month straight.

He's incredibly frustrating but has good measurables so people think he's better than he is because they strap on blinders outside of those 2-3 great games.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chichevache posted:

You really should call your mom more.
wow

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/armandosalguero/status/842492472827809793

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Jared Cook will continue to see gainful employment because tight ends who can threaten defenses by tearing down the seam are in short supply. Great athlete, inconsistent football player.

• Locked thread