Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Baloogan posted:

also wanna say that you should have listened to half the counry who really hates her :/

Wisdom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
gonna be less than half after trump, thank Lord Jesus for president TRUMP

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
don't get me wrong: I'm not saying a bad dem resisting their baser instincts to dem badly isn't impossible.

it's just that it's sure as poo poo improbable

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

don't get me wrong: I'm not saying a bad dem resisting their baser instincts to dem badly isn't impossible.

A camel going through the eye of a needle, you could say.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Right now I'm at "I'll believe it when I see it".

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SirPhoebos posted:

Right now I'm at "I'll believe it when I see it".

those are words far more succinct than anything i've posted itt so far.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
(with the exception of "bernie woulda won")

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Oh Snapple! posted:

seriously tho what the gently caress keith. dnc race is over, you don't actually have to say this poo poo anymore & it just kills your credibility

way to go keith you frigging dipshit you've lost forum lunatic Oh Snapple!'s support

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Venuz Patrol posted:

way to go keith you frigging dipshit you've lost forum lunatic Oh Snapple!'s support

you have problems

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I don't know if the GOP will try another bill. The current one took months to put together and it is a half baked piece of poo poo. But maybe I am wrong.

Myabe they will do something like only removing the mandate to make their base happy. But they clearly don't have a defendable system to replace it with.

they're gonna try at least one more time. they can't give up this early. it's only been two months since the term began

doesn't particularly matter if they succeed but they've gotta at least look like they're putting some real effort into it

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Main Paineframe posted:

they're gonna try at least one more time. they can't give up this early. it's only been two months since the term began

doesn't particularly matter if they succeed but they've gotta at least look like they're putting some real effort into it

The issue is reconciliation. They want the bill passed now because they need it done for this fiscal year's budget or they can't do it with 50 votes. Trump's top agenda item is tax cuts, so if this goes down it's dead.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

The Brown Menace posted:

i dont have a beef with keith (heyoooooooo) but i gotta just throw this one out there:

queef failson

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

paranoid randroid posted:

this thread does suck tho

Much like your poasting

Trump holding that girl like a certain chair

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Baloogan posted:

also wanna say that you should have listened to half the counry who really hates her :/

pfft, they could've just listened to the half of the party who hates her

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

freckle posted:

all these posts combine to form LITERALLY HITLER.

AND I'LL FORM THE HEAD

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

A camel going through the eye of a needle, you could say.

Please, everyone knows that refers to a very narrow gate that required unpacking the camels and hauling everything on foot or only very lightly loading the camels so they could squeeze through. Its meant to demonstrate that the rich man needs to do some planning and create jobs by either hiring porters or more camels to get past the gate! We need laxer labor laws so the job creators aren't held back so we can get more rich men into Heaven!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I'm a card carrying DSA member and I think "Trump is worse than Hillary" is an extremely reasonable position.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I'm not sure why ya'll think the Dems have changed when there's a million datapoints that they're resisting all change.

What's going to happen is the current AHCA is going to crash then Tom Friedman will write 100 versions of the same op-ed about how everyone needs to come together and solve the critical problem of the budget deficit and the Dems will compromise with Ryan on a deal that block grants Medicaid but keeps the subsidies.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i mean, with the exception of my malcolm-tuckeresque meltdown to friends and family after that dismissive email bullshit escapade i got from the state party outreach committee, my salt has been pretty much contained to this thread. because that's what this thread is for and there's a lot of dead air in between people saying dumb poo poo on twitter because why the gently caress do people treat twitter seriously in the first place?

and sure, you can yell at the monkey for making GBS threads all over everything in the house and masturbating whenever and wherever it feels, but the person who looked at that monkey and thought "i could beat that monkey in a game of chess" and brought it into the house in the first place holds a certain degree of culpability. because that person swore up and down that they were a grandmaster at chess and had all their friends swear up and down they were really good at chess and browbeat and mock those who even off-handedly questioned that person's ability to play chess because they kept referring to things like how a duke moves around the board or when you get to roll again. but everybody went along with it. and for a while, even i believed it. then it turns out when the match begins, the person gets loving blindsided by a goddamned fool's mate. and that only ended up happening by random-assed chance because the pieces moved as the monkey knocked his knuckles against the table as it was jerking it for the fifth time in the previous twenty minutes.

and instead of apologizing for bringing that monkey into the house in the first place and making some sort of effort towards cleaning up all of the poo poo and jizz that they were indirectly responsible for staining the upholstery and rug, that person decided to gently caress off on a series of nature hikes.

things are terrible and we all have a share in why things are so hosed up and bullshit.

the salt must flow.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
more monkeys in 2020, got it

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
sir this is a nilhist arbys

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i really should have prefaced that previous post of mine with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWKjoWo9TzY

but an hour trip to the craft store turned into six hour ordeal on account of a flat tire, a forgotten jack, two stripped out lug nuts, and what (thankfully ended up being) a twenty dollar tow bill. my mental acuity has suffered somewhat today.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I was organizing for my union yesterday and forgot to feed the meter and got a 40 dollar parking ticket which is further evidence of state power suppressing workers' movements.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

i mean, with the exception of my malcolm-tuckeresque meltdown to friends and family after that dismissive email bullshit escapade i got from the state party outreach committee, my salt has been pretty much contained to this thread. because that's what this thread is for and there's a lot of dead air in between people saying dumb poo poo on twitter because why the gently caress do people treat twitter seriously in the first place?

and sure, you can yell at the monkey for making GBS threads all over everything in the house and masturbating whenever and wherever it feels, but the person who looked at that monkey and thought "i could beat that monkey in a game of chess" and brought it into the house in the first place holds a certain degree of culpability. because that person swore up and down that they were a grandmaster at chess and had all their friends swear up and down they were really good at chess and browbeat and mock those who even off-handedly questioned that person's ability to play chess because they kept referring to things like how a duke moves around the board or when you get to roll again. but everybody went along with it. and for a while, even i believed it. then it turns out when the match begins, the person gets loving blindsided by a goddamned fool's mate. and that only ended up happening by random-assed chance because the pieces moved as the monkey knocked his knuckles against the table as it was jerking it for the fifth time in the previous twenty minutes.

and instead of apologizing for bringing that monkey into the house in the first place and making some sort of effort towards cleaning up all of the poo poo and jizz that they were indirectly responsible for staining the upholstery and rug, that person decided to gently caress off on a series of nature hikes.

things are terrible and we all have a share in why things are so hosed up and bullshit.

the salt must flow.

:yeah:

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
but god loving drat it all, i can now carve stamps.

my suggestions for people to 'go gently caress yourself' are gonna be artisinal and bespoke as poo poo, y'all.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

logikv9 posted:

sir this is a nilhist arbys

to be honest a monkey jizzing and making GBS threads everywhere is pretty on message for nihilist arbys

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
to be honest, a jamoica shake would quell the raging emptiness.

only briefly, but it would quell it.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that's what life is really all about, right? momentary diversions to keep us from being alone with our own thoughts?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

How soon has the ugly guy at the laptop been photoshopped out by Trump?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
don't run from your thoughts, obvserve them mindfully

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Baloogan posted:

don't run from your thoughts, obvserve them mindfully

oh, i observe them, but the more i look at them, the saltier i get.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raskolnikov38 posted:

more monkeys in 2020, got it

rod serling was right and the future will be like in planet of the apes.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Ellison is bad, Perez is bad, Pelosi is bad, hmmmm...I think I'm starting to see a pattern here.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Heaps of Sheeps posted:

Ellison is bad, Perez is bad, Pelosi is bad, hmmmm...I think I'm starting to see a pattern here.

Dems...are...???

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Heaps of Sheeps posted:

Ellison is good actually.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Bip Roberts posted:

Ellison is good actually.

:chloe:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Dunno, he's a cool irl and not a jerk. What more do you want.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Mark Blyth retweeted this story

Much more here: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-case-for-aggressive-public-infrastructure-spending-2017-3/#-16

Americans: holy poo poo my job is awful I get paid poo poo and barely get any hours

Dems: America is great because america is good
Also Dems: RUSSIA!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Blyth is the only economist/academic who actually thinks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
blublubuhbuhbl economy recovering

• Locked thread