Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Why isn't force spike modern legal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

St0rmD posted:

the cards are already in MODO, wouldn't they just have to add them to the legal in modern table or whatever?

IIRC they literally cannot because the MODO ban list is entirely informed by Gatherer's content.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

PJOmega posted:

IIRC they literally cannot because the MODO ban list is entirely informed by Gatherer's content.

that sounds stupid enough to be true

Sickening posted:

just no modern printing

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Sickening posted:

There's always Mana Tithe.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Sickening posted:

Mana Tithe! :haw:

E: dammit

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Entropic posted:

There's always Mana Tithe.

Another reason why player rewards were the best thing ever and WOTC are morons. There is a player rewards mana tithe and its loving glorious. Player rewards should be the next thing they do to return their long lost honor.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

PJOmega posted:

No, I'm pretty sure whenever there is an unbanning they need to delete all instance of the card and recreate it from scratch.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Sickening posted:

Another reason why player rewards were the best thing ever and WOTC are morons. There is a player rewards mana tithe and its loving glorious. Player rewards should be the next thing they do to return their long lost honor.

Textless cards were dumb and they made sure everyone realized exactly how dumb they were by making one of them fuckin' Cryptic Command of all things.

Except for the Day of Judgment one. That one's cool. If you're gonna do any textless cards at all, they should be the most straightforward possible cards with like 3 words of rules text total.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

PJOmega posted:

This isn't true because people found out about Twin getting banned because it got put on MTGO.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Entropic posted:

Textless cards were dumb and they made sure everyone realized exactly how dumb they were by making one of them fuckin' Cryptic Command of all things.

Except for the Day of Judgment one. That one's cool. If you're gonna do any textless cards at all, they should be the most straightforward possible cards with like 3 words of rules text total.

Hell yeah textless time stop

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
My friends cube had a textless cascade card that they took out bc every time it was in a pack ppl would ask what it did 5 times

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Death Bot posted:

My friends cube had a textless cascade card that they took out bc every time it was in a pack ppl would ask what it did 5 times

Was it Bit Blast? I'm pretty sure that was printed in full art.

That's why I don't have full art or foreign cards in my cube. As much as I'd like to have one of my full art Cryptics in there, it's not worth the hassle. Plus LOR foil Cryptic is still pretty cool. The only exception is a Korean Cradle which I have an English proxy of anyway.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
A relatively large Local store just posted a picture that they have 29 cases of Modern Masters, and they plan on selling out completely tonight.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

suicidesteve posted:

Was it Bit Blast? I'm pretty sure that was printed in full art.

Think that's it.

Maybe you print out a cheat sheet? Who knows lmao

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Was just at my LGS and he's got 28 boxes. It's a town of 18k. We have no modern scene and are lucky to get 8 for fnm draft. Owner says he had no trouble getting stock and could have ordered more.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

GonSmithe posted:

A relatively large Local store just posted a picture that they have 29 cases of Modern Masters, and they plan on selling out completely tonight.

odiv posted:

Was just at my LGS and he's got 28 boxes. It's a town of 18k. We have no modern scene and are lucky to get 8 for fnm draft. Owner says he had no trouble getting stock and could have ordered more.

Someone post that shot of Tony Montana at the end of Scarface, except he's shoving his face in a pile of opened MM17 boosters instead of coke.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

C-Euro posted:

Someone post that shot of Tony Montana at the end of Scarface, except he's shoving his face in a pile of opened MM17 boosters instead of coke.

A pile of tarmogoyfs with a single lightning bolt, imo.

Also regarding banned cards on mtgo, a reminder that numerous cards have been soft banned in formats in the past. Kind of speaks to hard banning them being inexplicably complicated.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

C-Euro posted:

Wait what's different?

ChewyLSB
Jan 13, 2008

Destroy the core
Hey by the way new Design Contest is up! Design "teaser cards" sets that already exist!

ChewyLSB fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Mar 16, 2017

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

So uh are people on XMage whinier than MTGO? I just had a dude complain about infinite combos because I was playing Melira game 1 and then game 2 he cheats out Emrakul on turn 3. I won with the one Fiend Hunter mainboard

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

ThePeavstenator posted:

So uh are people on XMage whinier than MTGO? I just had a dude complain about infinite combos because I was playing Melira game 1 and then game 2 he cheats out Emrakul on turn 3. I won with the one Fiend Hunter mainboard

Playing anybody outside of your friends on Xmage is awful.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

ThePeavstenator posted:

Obviously people who don't have any worries about getting banned are saltier fucks.

GonSmithe posted:

Does this store just not draft the set or something?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Because cheating out Emrakul is a finite thing! :downs:

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

Angry Grimace posted:

Does this store just not draft the set or something?

Probably presales to the "crack the box in the store" crew

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Because cheating out Emrakul is a finite thing! :downs:

Yeah I know that was why I thought it was so dumb, whiny (bad) players have this weird aversion to anything that can be looped indefinitely.

:qq: Yeah we both win the game next turn but since you had to loop an action your wincon is 'cheap'. :qq:

Also he immediately said "you might as well concede now" once he cheated that thing out against a deck that plays Fiend Hunter, 4 Collected Company, and 4 Chord.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
How did he cheat out emrakul on turn 3?

The cool and good way to get emrakul out involves it having haste and swinging on that turn 3. I'm assuming he was a polymorph deck?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Sigma-X posted:

The cool and good way to get emrakul out involves it having haste and swinging on that turn 3. I'm assuming he was a polymorph deck?

You totally missed relevant modern cards.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=74475&type=card

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=80250&type=card

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

I really just want WotC to reprint everything into oblivion and crater the secondary market.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Mikujin posted:

I really just want WotC to reprint everything into oblivion and crater the secondary market.

Living card games are cool and good too.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Lottery of Babylon posted:

So you're saying Amonkhet will have an Enchantments Matter theme?

:vince:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
My completely objective opinion is that this set seems good and you should open all your packs immediately:

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

I can't wait to have a Domri and a Bonfire as my only mythics and my next best card be a foil Path!

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Angry Grimace posted:

My completely objective opinion is that this set seems good and you should open all your packs immediately:

I suddenly find myself feeling salty that I ordered that Massdrop and have to wait on shipping now

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Sigma-X posted:

Yeah, UG Polymorph.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

The thing that's gonna make y'all real jealous is that I also got a Voice of Resurgence Elemental token.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

Angry Grimace posted:

The thing that's gonna make y'all real jealous is that I also got a Voice of Resurgence Elemental token.

Pssssh I still have those from all those Dragon's Maze packs I opened :smug:

:smith:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

sit on my Facebook posted:

Pssssh I still have those from all those Dragon's Maze packs I opened :smug:

:smith:

They're were like 4 dollars for a long while.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TwistedNails posted:

Playing anybody outside of your friends on Xmage is awful.

I must get lucky. Most people have been really chill, but most people have also been horrible players.

I'm lucky to test against a decent deck. I have seen too many white servo based token decks, and it's always, "you run too many board wipes for me."

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

Angry Grimace posted:

They're were like 4 dollars for a long while.

The second most expensive thing you could pull out of a DGM pack if I recall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

sit on my Facebook posted:

The second most expensive thing you could pull out of a DGM pack if I recall.

At the time Blood Baron of Vizkopa was fairly expensive and Ral Zarek has always been like ~$8.

• Locked thread