Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Dukat was a captain for like two seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

shadow puppet of a posted:

That's my alt where I post in the cooking subforum about my love of sliders dipped in baccalà sauce. Nothing to do with Enterprise.

So no, nobody at all likes Enterprise the most.

Oops, I got Sliders and Quantum Leap mixed up. This doesn't really bother me though :shrug:

Sisko was also the best captain.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Sisko saved the entire federation from genocide and occupation and became some sort of time angel and he was the only one who managed to also have an actual family rather than being too emotionally unavailable and stuck up or loving holoirish. Also punched Q and actually got him to leave for good rather than playing his games. He's like a god drat stray cat that feeds on human attention.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Picard saved the whole universe from an anomaly.

Checkmate.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Alan_Shore posted:

Checkmate.

Picard threatened the whole universe with an anomaly he created.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Alan_Shore posted:

Checkmate.

Lazarus saved the whole universe too. Only a stalemate on that one, though.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I can't think of any time Sisko hosed everything up as badly as every one of the other Star Trek captains. He got things done and mostly stuck to his principles. That doesn't make him a fan favorite though, because Star Trek fans are garbage.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Xylograms?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Fair Haven;

In Pathfinder we had a well-written script dealing with addiction and the issues rising from favouring fantasy over reality.

In the very next episode, we have Kathryn Janeway deleting Michael Sullivan's wife and being encouraged by multiple crewmembers to fall in love with a holographic Irish bartender.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Janeway is the best, she got Voyager back to the Alpha quadrant

To be fair, it took two Janeways to get The Voyager back to the Alpha Quadrant.

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

ACRE & EQUAT posted:

It only took one Janeway to keep them in the Delta Quadrant for seven years.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Baronjutter posted:

Also punched Q and actually got him to leave for good rather than playing his games.

The moment Sisko's mighty fist connected, Q realized that the puny Starfleet captain he thought he was screwing with was, in fact, a half human, half energy god being who might actually have the latent ability to beat his rear end.

And so Q left and never returned. This is canon now.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

This is my favourite captain.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Done with TNG, done with DS9, skipped Voyager and now I'm somewhere in season 3 of Enterprise.

Here's my take on Archer: He's only good when he's a dick. When he's off the handle breaking rules and putting everyone in jeopardy Scott Bakula is doing some solid acting. Any other time his bland boyish "gee-whiz" line delivery makes him sound like he should have been cast as Chef (who, if I recall correctly, we saw his feet once).

-mic drop

whose mic was that? so sorry

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

An Ounce of Gold posted:

Here's my take on Archer: He's only good when he's a dick. When he's off the handle breaking rules and putting everyone in jeopardy Scott Bakula is doing some solid acting. Any other time his bland boyish "gee-whiz" line delivery makes him sound like he should have been cast as Chef (who, if I recall correctly, we saw his feet once).

Give you three guesses who you can blame for that

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Just wait until you see who plays the chef

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Fair Haven;

In Pathfinder we had a well-written script dealing with addiction and the issues rising from favouring fantasy over reality.

In the very next episode, we have Kathryn Janeway deleting Michael Sullivan's wife and being encouraged by multiple crewmembers to fall in love with a holographic Irish bartender.

If you are gonna have problems with hologram Ireland then I am gonna have problems with you

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hector Beerlioz posted:

If you are gonna have problems with hologram Ireland then I am gonna have problems with you

I don't hate Fair Haven itself at all, just that they followed Pathfinder with a plot covering a very similar topic of holodeck usage and its potentially ill effects. Only one actually had a well-written script with care and effort put into it, and the other was a drunken crayon scrawl of "Cap. Janeway + Irish Bartender????" on a napkin.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

The General posted:

This is my favourite captain.

Please tell me she has a hot pink convertible shuttlecraft and a Malibu-class Dream Starship.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Powered Descent posted:

Please tell me she has a hot pink convertible shuttlecraft and a Malibu-class Dream Starship.

She is dating Ensign Harry Ken

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
What would a Malibu Class be like anyway? It's probably ironically named because it's just a space version of one of those trucks that pumps out the porta-potties.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Hector Beerlioz posted:

She is dating Ensign Hairless Ken

ftfy

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Iron Crowned posted:

What would a Malibu Class be like anyway? It's probably ironically named because it's just a space version of one of those trucks that pumps out the porta-potties.

Idk if convertibles can work in outer space

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Malibu Class would have tons of holodecks, 9, 10 and 11 Forwards.

Its like a mobile Risa, where you get to do serious leisure onboard but also switch jobs on a whim and go between the large sick bay, botany lab, classroom and extra-inviting battle bridge done up in hot pink accent lights.. You can even take on the role of captain for a day no matter what rank you are if you clear it with skipper Skipper first.

All the boring & non-aspirational poo poo jobs and ship functions would be crammed into a single warp nacelle, so the ship kinda veers to the right if it goes over warp 4.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

:cry:

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Left behind by advanced chair technology

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

ACRE & EQUAT posted:

You could kind of say 4 with the Course Oblivion one and the quantum duplicate (from Harry Kim death episode)

Maybe 5 with the Janeway impersonator with the big rear end com badge.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Janeway is the best, she got Voyager back to the Alpha quadrant

Sisko once got stranded on the other side of the galaxy. Got home in the same episode.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Did they build a set or were these scenes green screened? It looks really odd in Relics.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

Did they build a set or were these scenes green screened? It looks really odd in Relics.

Some of each -- they built a partial physical set and greenscreened when they had to.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Constitution_class_sets#.22Relics.22

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Tyson Tomko posted:

You could kind of say 4 with the Course Oblivion one and the quantum duplicate (from Harry Kim death episode)

Maybe 5 with the Janeway impersonator with the big rear end com badge.

Goo Voyager was making better time and getting into less poo poo than actual Voyager.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Mods, please. Not me,but someone picked out at random.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

Sisko once got stranded on the other side of the galaxy. Got home in the same episode.

So did Data and Geordi, Janeway was the only one who lasted 7 years

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

bing boop beeeeeeeeep

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Animal-Mother posted:

bing boop beeeeeeeeep

lol I can hear that sound in my head

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Did you know that Janeway and Chakotay were both in Murder She Wrote.

Janeway was in it three times, once the murderer.
Chakotay was in it twice and was the victim in one. I forget the other times.

Yes, I'm watching Murder She Wrote in order and all episodes.
Better than Voyager.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

happyhippy posted:

Did you know that Janeway and Chakotay were both in Murder She Wrote.

Janeway was in it three times, once the murderer.
Chakotay was in it twice and was the victim in one. I forget the other times.

Yes, I'm watching Murder She Wrote in order and all episodes.
Better than Voyager.

Computer, resume program.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I've seen more episodes of that than I'd ever admit.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Harveygod posted:

Computer, resume program.

Early 90's futurism had style, man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i dont know why but on netflix it always defaults me to the fairview or whatever irish poo poo of Voyager.

I watched the episode where time goes like 100000xs faster on the planet than the rest of space and that was kind of neat