Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

hooray twilight grand final this year look how excited I am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PX7eU-fXDE

AFL ad starring Thor

Testekill fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Mar 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Testekill posted:

hooray twilight grand final this year look how excited I am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PX7eU-fXDE

AFL ad starring Thor

Twilight grandfinal can gently caress right off. How am I meant to have a kick with mates after the loving suns gone down?

That is a good ad though.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Nutsngum posted:

Twilight grandfinal can gently caress right off. How am I meant to have a kick with mates after the loving suns gone down?

move to WA?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Nutsngum posted:

Embrace the Chaos Ball.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Pro click: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlV-kcKzVmY

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Bruce Mcavany has luekemia, which is why he didn't do the aus open.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Join the Goon Ultimate Footy league!

http://ultimate-footy.theage.com.au/588618/

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

drunkill posted:

Bruce Mcavany has luekemia, which is why he didn't do the aus open.
Aww gently caress. Yes he's kind of annoying but not BT levels of annoying.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Join the Supercoach League 354519 as well, fun is mandatory!

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

The Deadly Hume posted:

Aww gently caress. Yes he's kind of annoying but not BT levels of annoying.

He's sort of endearing annoying. Besides "off a step" which is very bad. But this is awful news :( apparently he will be commentating next week though and plans to keep doing so which is good. Good both for us not having someone much worse fill his shoes and good for him that he is feeling up to it.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
I already miss football. I know the AFLW is on, but I need game after game all weekend.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

thepokey posted:

He's sort of endearing annoying. Besides "off a step" which is very bad. But this is awful news :( apparently he will be commentating next week though and plans to keep doing so which is good. Good both for us not having someone much worse fill his shoes and good for him that he is feeling up to it.

A mate of mine who's about the same age as Bruce went through Leukaemia (actually, it might have been Hodgkin's lymphoma) treatment last year, and no-one outside his family knew until it was over and he was in the clear. Blew my mind, you wouldn't have even known.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

boy undead posted:

I already miss football. I know the AFLW is on, but I need game after game all weekend.

the first week of JLT was amazing because there was 4 games back to back on Saturday, a game on thursday and friday night, and a couple on sunday.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Bruce has the type of Leukemia with the highest 5 year survival rate, but he's also 63

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Time for the sardonic promise of hope and the inevitable crushing disappointment of defeat.

E:dry weather at least so we're a decent chance

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Well I think Melbourne should win, but they'll also have to rely on Collingwood to do the right thing tomorrow, so I don't know.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The Deadly Hume posted:

Well I think Melbourne should win, but they'll also have to rely on Collingwood to do the right thing tomorrow, so I don't know.

idk, if we keep this pace up (5 goals to 1 with 3 minutes left in the first quarter) we might actually make up percentage?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
High scoring opening, but I think the heat will slow the game down as it rolls on. It is 30c out there and clear blue skies, they'll be exhausted by the fourth.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

drunkill posted:

High scoring opening, but I think the heat will slow the game down as it rolls on. It is 30c out there and clear blue skies, they'll be exhausted by the fourth.

We have had the wind in the first too. I genuinely think we have the best ball movement in the league when it's dry though.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Half time and we are 7 points short of the highest ever AFLW score I think?

Still going to need to barrack for Collingwood tomorrow though :barf:

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Oh hell yeah

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

idk, if we keep this pace up (5 goals to 1 with 3 minutes left in the first quarter) we might actually make up percentage?
Yeah, but not enough I think. At HT Melbourne need another 9 goals without answer just to match Adelaide's percentage before tomorrow.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The Deadly Hume posted:

Yeah, but not enough I think. At HT Melbourne need another 9 goals without answer just to match Adelaide's percentage before tomorrow.

although it is worth noting that Adelaide's percentage is high enough that a close but high scoring victory would still bring it down a chunk.

I just saw an ad for vegemite bruschetta :barf:

everytime I see the ad for the premiership special it still weirds me out to think that the dogs are the reigning premiers

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

although it is worth noting that Adelaide's percentage is high enough that a close but high scoring victory would still bring it down a chunk.
Yeah, a close shootout situation would erode the percentage quite a bit, it'll be easier to figure out once this current game is done. But really Melbourne will just want Collingwood to win at this point. :barf:

quote:

I just saw an ad for vegemite bruschetta :barf:

everytime I see the ad for the premiership special it still weirds me out to think that the dogs are the reigning premiers
The Doggies won the flag!

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
10.0 60 v 2.4 16

Dees now have the highest team score in AFLW, with 5 minutes left in the third quarter.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Gemma Houghton for the dockers looks good, reminds me of Jayden Hunt in his first season.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
That was a good goal.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Three times today Freo have given away down the ground frees by collecting the player late.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Nice.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

That would have been a pretty great trickshot goal

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Margin 1 point short of the previous highest score and keeping Freo to 2 points after quarter time, couldn't ask for much more of them really.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Nice to see a good score too.

Anyway Adelaide could win 65-64 tomorrow and fall behind on percentage, but that's not real likely as we've seen.

Easier to just say Melbourne need Collingwood to win now.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The Deadly Hume posted:

Nice to see a good score too.

Anyway Adelaide could win 65-64 tomorrow and fall behind on percentage, but that's not real likely as we've seen.

Easier to just say Melbourne need Collingwood to win now.

Yeah, realistically it was always going to be that (unless the women decided to do the same as the men and end their season with a comedy loss to a bottomdweller)

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Just signed up to do supercoach for the first time in years, and I have no idea who to pick. Also, there are only 6 of us in the league!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
GWS v Bulldogs in 20 minutes. Manuka oval in Canberra. Live on 7Mate nationally at 7pm.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Yeah yeah

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The two goals in the last minute against the Giants could be really costly, would have had a % of 150 instead of 141.

e: Meant against the crows, 2 goals against the Giants would mean we're already booked for the GF

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Mar 18, 2017

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ntrabbit you might as well delete me (sharkdogs) from the SuperCoach league. I've lost interest already. I think it will auto delete me if I don't finish my team, but there's no option to delete the account. Websites that won't let you delete accounts are bad imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Just stick to tipping.

Doggies rebounding, healthy lead at the moment. Looks to be their game.

• Locked thread