Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

ice hammer
future sight
hyper fang
focus punch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i just picked 4 at random

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Endeavor
Struggle
Wring Out
Splash

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Lovely Kiss
Nuzzle
After You
Draining Kiss

Actual post reason: is there any kind of lore/background reason that a Kings Rock evolves Politoed? Slowking makes sense. He's wearing it and everything.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

He's a frog who's actually a prince.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Countblanc posted:

do you need to talk

with a boy and/or girlfriend sure

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Rangpur posted:

:monocle:

It all makes sense now.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Rangpur posted:

Works for me!

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Attract
Mean Look
Shattered Psyche
Selfdestruct

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Mar 16, 2017

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Attract
Body Slam
Pound
Explosion

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Twinkle Tackle
Corkscrew Crash
Never-Ending Nightmare
Shattered Psyche

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
Lick
Crush Grip
Bone Rush
Dazzling Gleam

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

God I love it when I can eke out a win against people using Try Hard, the Team. I mean, it's not like the Pokemon I used were slouches either, but they were all jank-rear end gimmick builds I was trying out for future competitions. Meanwhile the other guy was running Choice Scarf Tyranitar with Sand Rush Excadrill in doubles, so... gently caress him, basically. (The rest of his team consistiing of Gastrodon, Zapdos, Charizard-Y, & Landoorus-T.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Lando T ftw

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Countblanc posted:

Lando T ftw

such a cute kitty

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
If I play ranking matches and lose enough time to be facing people who aren't great... will it always rank me around my skill level or if no one is on who sucks as much as I do it will go to the nearest ranking?

I've tried to play a few matches, but whenever I play I get the Japanese people who smogon the hell out of me.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Moonlight
Sweet Kiss
Fake Out
Baton Pass

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Ingrain
Water Spout
Bounce
Howl

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So Kanto x Alola is live!

Team Participation Trophy has participated. I only got one move off across all three battles: a splash.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Holy poo poo, I think the computer was actually toying with me. Down to Celesteela vs Electrode; I should be right hosed. rear end in a top hat uses light screen, rain dance, and taunt before firing off a thunder, which by a miracle doesn't k.o. me and I knocked his overconfident rear end out with a heavy slam before he could use thunder again. Well that's my story thanks for reading.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Lock-On
Sleep Powder
Bone Rush
Withdraw

Diet Poison posted:

Holy poo poo, I think the computer was actually toying with me. Down to Celesteela vs Electrode; I should be right hosed. rear end in a top hat uses light screen, rain dance, and taunt before firing off a thunder, which by a miracle doesn't k.o. me and I knocked his overconfident rear end out with a heavy slam before he could use thunder again. Well that's my story thanks for reading.

I think the AI attached to that Electrode is hosed. I've had the same thing happen where I had one dude left at 1/4 health choice locked into Focus Blast and they throw out Electrode which is guaranteed to outrun my dude. I missed with Focus Blast twice in a row, and it decided to just try to set up instead of finishing me.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Mar 17, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

AlternateNu posted:

I think the AI attached to that Electrode is hosed. I've had the same thing happen where I had one dude left at 1/4 health choice locked into Focus Blast and they throw out Electrode which is guaranteed to outrun my dude. I missed with Focus Blast twice in a row, and it decided to just try to set up instead of finishing me.

I think that's an AI thing in general. It wants to set up SO BAD but won't go for the kills when it's in range.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

It's been mentioned before, the AI for the Tree is insanely oversimplified. It sets up, then attacks with the move you're least immune to. Almost no exceptions.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

My favorite AI move was Blue having his Tyranitar use Dragon Dance twice in a row instead of actually trying to attack my 'Mon. Thanks for the Super Double stamp, dude!

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Lando T ftw

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
When I hear that someone doesn't like Turtonator

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Bind
Tickle
Swallow
Transform

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Improbable Lobster posted:

When I hear that someone doesn't like Turtonator

You should turn your back on those people and watch those hateful words explode in their face.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

I have won my first battle against another actual human in Pokemon Moon!

...it was the most boring battle ever. They had a Whimsicott that used Substitute and Protect until it fainted, and then a Mimikyu that I never got to see do anything besides Protect, once, because after that turn the other player ran out of time. :geno:

edit so as not to double-post:

Hammerite posted:

Is it just me or is Pokemon House (above level 1) a really rare stall? I don't think Sophocles has ever offered me one.

It isn't just you; I hadn't been offered one and I hadn't seen one until Sophocles offered me a 3-star one just now. (I really wish leveling up Festival Plaza let you host more facilities.)

zonohedron fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Mar 17, 2017

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I just did 5 battles for the current competition, and it looks like Multiscale Dragonite is basically unstoppable. 4 of the 5 were legit "try hard" teams, and the only time I lost Dragonite was to the non-try hard team where the guy tossed out Lapras and Sheer Cold'd my dragon. :v:

Note: The number of real matches I've played against other humans over the entire time I've played pokemon is less than 20.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Mar 17, 2017

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Traditional way of dealing with it revolves around status ailments or Skill Link. Even an unboosted Icicle Spear could probably kill it, depending on your build, but there's a reason it's still considered a top tier Pokemon even 20 years later. Watch out for Avalanche, though. An Avalugg ended one of my battle tree streaks, because it turned out that would take it below half health even through Multiscale (and because Avalugg's defenses are, quite frankly, bazonkers).

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Rangpur posted:

Traditional way of dealing with it revolves around status ailments or Skill Link. Even an unboosted Icicle Spear could probably kill it, depending on your build, but there's a reason it's still considered a top tier Pokemon even 20 years later. Watch out for Avalanche, though. An Avalugg ended one of my battle tree streaks, because it turned out that would take it below half health even through Multiscale (and because Avalugg's defenses are, quite frankly, bazonkers).

Well, yeah. It is a mainstay in my battle tree team. I was just saying that for this Kanto vs. Alola competition, there aren't many things that could beat it without a Scarf or strong priority move.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I was making some more eggs today, and I have 3 extra 5 perfect IV Petlils (bad IV in Atk), with Timid nature, in Luxury balls. 2 have Chlorophyll and 1 has Own Tempo.

Does anyone want one?

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Hrist posted:

I was making some more eggs today, and I have 3 extra 5 perfect IV Petlils (bad IV in Atk), with Timid nature, in Luxury balls. 2 have Chlorophyll and 1 has Own Tempo.

Does anyone want one?

I would love one! Is the Own Tempo Petilil still available, and can you name her something?

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

zonohedron posted:

I would love one! Is the Own Tempo Petilil still available, and can you name her something?

Yep. All 3 are available right now. What do you want her named?

fc: 2750-1376-2190 ign: Lily

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I'd be interested in one of those, I think Sun just doesn't have those? I never managed to find one at least. I'll pm my FC later when I can get at my 3ds if that works.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Chronojam posted:

I'd be interested in one of those, I think Sun just doesn't have those? I never managed to find one at least. I'll pm my FC later when I can get at my 3ds if that works.

Sure, take your time. I still have both chlorophyll Petlils left. I'll be up for a while tonight, so I'll keep checking back for the pm.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Just in case anyone wants a 5* Purple dye house, I have one but I'm intending to get rid of it later today (whenever me and Zonohedron can manage to be on at the same time so I can get Pokemon House 3*). So speak up if you want it

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Hammerite posted:

Just in case anyone wants a 5* Purple dye house, I have one but I'm intending to get rid of it later today (whenever me and Zonohedron can manage to be on at the same time so I can get Pokemon House 3*). So speak up if you want it

I definitely want that. My FC is 0490-5441-0451.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Hammerite posted:

ooh, I definitely want that as well! and I'll be on momentarily, once the baby condescends to nap