Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The Rat posted:

For real, ME2 was always Grunt + Miranda for me, both for Krogan shotgunning and dat rear end. (Side note it's hilarious to me that if you GIS "Miranda dat rear end," exactly what you'd expect comes up.)

ME3's real flaw was no Krogan teammate outside of the Citadel DLC.

If you preordered you got Javik who is easily the best squad mate of the series.

Also gently caress EA for making Javik DLC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I need to replay through again and play femshep, never got around to it.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Femshep's voice actress is a gigantic improvement over dudeshep. The latter sounds like a bored IT guy; the former sounds like a proper xeno-killing badass.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

The Rat posted:

Femshep's voice actress is a gigantic improvement over dudeshep. The latter sounds like a bored IT guy; the former sounds like a proper xeno-killing badass.

Renegade maleshep was still pretty funny though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy-eRfupYbA

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PjTuSQNLI4

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I would normally cycle out garrus grunt and zaeed for full own age. I'm playing Andromeda multi at the moment and it's hard to tell where shots are coming from and there are some weird game play changes. Not bad just different. I'll see how I get on with it

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mike-o posted:

I need to replay through again and play femshep, never got around to it.

Femshep is really loving good if you do the total renegade rear end in a top hat route.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sMEIdkLgnE&t=115s

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

While on the topic of rear end in a top hat I wanna make a shout out to Mike Thorton

https://youtu.be/N2jYR9g85Xw

Comrade Blyatlov fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Mar 17, 2017

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ok well gently caress looks like I'm replaying ME2

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Don't forget to punch the reporter.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

you should try an insanity sentinel run

get the upgrade that makes your shield send out a pulse when it drops and turn into an indestructible force of nature

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Yeah gonna replay the whole series right now, this time as femshep. Also apparently there was a bunch of DLC that came out after I finished off 3 that I never played either.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Don't forget to punch the reporter.

Never forget to punch the reporter.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Oh poo poo, you missed the DLC?

Yeah, there's a bit to do.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Mike-o posted:

Never forget to punch the reporter.

i dunno i thought it was pretty lol when she starts ranting about the human cost of the wars and you can make shepard totally call her on her poo poo

but yeah sentinel or vanguard for your playthroughs

vanguard is tricky to master but once you get the hang of the combat it's an insanely knife edge class to play

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

not caring here posted:

Oh poo poo, you missed the DLC?

Yeah, there's a bit to do.

From what I remember I haven't played uhhh Leviathan? And Citadel or whatever the gently caress. Might be some more I missed.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Citadel is pretty fan servicey but the combat simulator is good. Leviathan wasn't bad either

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Two Finger posted:

vanguard is tricky to master but once you get the hang of the combat it's an insanely knife edge class to play

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Lol I came up with that

It was an update of the old me2 one

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I just finally got around to RE7 and this is like the spookiest game I've played ever in the past 25+ years

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
http://www.gamesradar.com/mass-effect-andromedas-animations-are-getting-compared-to-pingu-robots-and-gorillas/

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I had no knowledge about anything from ME:A until yesterday. gently caress those faces and animations just loving kill it, doubt I'm even going to buy it at all now.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I started a ME2 FemShep play through today

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Mike-o posted:

I had no knowledge about anything from ME:A until yesterday. gently caress those faces and animations just loving kill it, doubt I'm even going to buy it at all now.

I have been playing the multi as part of the trial and.... I'm not sold, to put it lightly.
The feel of the game (and don't ask me to quantify it, I can't) is way off.
The positional audio is absolute dogshit to the point where I generally can't tell where fire is coming from.
The netcode is still p2p, which means massive lag rendering that round completely unplayable.
The enemies still have instakills, which everyone loved.

I picked up and played ME3 for well over 300 hours so it's not like I dislike the series but... it's not scratching the itch for me.
I'm going to finish the trial period - have about 7 hours left - but they seem to have hosed up majorly along the way. It's just missing SOMETHING.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Two Finger posted:

It's just missing SOMETHING.

Everybody who left the team halfway through development, I guess

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Buca di Bepis posted:

Everybody who left the team halfway through development, I guess

That happened?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Mike-o posted:

That happened?

A few key personnel departed the studio early early last year.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Two Finger posted:

While on the topic of rear end in a top hat I wanna make a shout out to Mike Thorton

Thorton is possibly the most underrated RPG character of the past decade.

e: gg autocorrect

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Mar 18, 2017

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Naked Bear posted:

Thornton is possibly the most underrated RPG character of the past decade.

Thorton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf3q_hVEnIA

also gold medal in dying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhOTRug0U1E

Comrade Blyatlov fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Mar 18, 2017

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
God drat Alpha Protocol owns. I got it at full price and no regrets still. I may need to fire it up again.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

God drat Alpha Protocol owns.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

AP is one of only a few games I've bought more than once, just because it's so, so good. The writing has some of the best corny dialogue in any game. I love it.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
full beard thornton, backwards baseball hat and dad sunglasses (with the purple-ish lenses) best thornton

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Always Be Bearded.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

cowboy elvis posted:

I started a ME2 FemShep play through today

Jennifer Hale owns as both renegade and paragon.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Naked Bear posted:

AP is one of only a few games I've bought more than once, just because it's so, so good. The writing has some of the best corny dialogue in any game. I love it.

kill marburg every single time

the disdain just dripping from mike's words is awesome

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Really wish they would make an AP 2. Maybe in 20+ years it will happen like with wasteland.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Playing PS3 games is oddly comforting. The graphics and controller are like a time machine to when I was way young and life was chill.

I had one at launch in 2006. That made me super popular in the dorms on Ramstein.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

ded posted:

Really wish they would make an AP 2. Maybe in 20+ years it will happen like with wasteland.

yeah maybe but sega pretty effectively shut them down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

cowboy elvis posted:

Playing PS3 games is oddly comforting. The graphics and controller are like a time machine to when I was way young and life was chill.

I had one at launch in 2006. That made me super popular in the dorms on Ramstein.

I've been playing mine a bit more recently. I have a ton of PS3 games that I bought for cheap when the ps4 was launched and used game prices dropped on ps3 so hard. Recently played through Yakuza 3, RE4, and am doing a Nier run now. Been switching back and forth between the systems. I like PS3 games but god the interface is so slow and terrible compared to ps4.