Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I know a brilliant female engineer who loves Adam Sandler films. The new ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Being brilliant or a woman isn't going to save you from being an engineer.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Pick posted:

I know a brilliant female engineer who loves Adam Sandler films. The new ones.
I mean, they keep turning a profit somehow, IIRC (except Pixels), so clearly somebody out there likes him

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I contend that there is no medium less enjoyable than a bad comedy.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Das Boo posted:

Films with depressing premises, like that one about the children's clown in the Holocaust?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Regalingualius posted:

Films with depressing premises, like that one about the children's clown in the Holocaust?

Dude, I could at least laugh about how terrible or poorly executed(!) an idea that is. Ain't no laughing at Pixels.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Unintentional comedy is almost always more sufferable than insufferable comedy.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
M-maybe I'm the friend who likes bad movies :ohdear:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Das Boo posted:

I know it'd get poo poo all over for bad female role model shenanigans, but a story about a dude who pursues a princess who's just a complete rear end in a top hat would be funny as hell.

:saddowns: But she's gorgeous!
:geno: She's an rear end in a top hat.
:saddowns: But she's rich!
:geno: She's an rear end in a top hat.
:saddowns: ?!?!?

She wouldn't even be the villain, just a Kuzco-grade bitch. Maybe she's so godawful that not even the villain can put up with her and the hero and villain form a romantic bond over that poo poo.

Road to El Dorado isn't too far off from this. Only everyone is an rear end in a top hat. Except the chief.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

ConfusedUs posted:

Road to El Dorado isn't too far off from this. Only everyone is an rear end in a top hat. Except the chief.

I need to watch this movie again. I saw it once in 2002.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I watched it last year but all I remember is how... well animated the main female character is :stwoon:

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 16, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Das Boo posted:

Depends. Bad comedies that are bad for all the wrong reasons are amazing. It isn't a movie but a game but Illbleed would only be half as funny if its comedy worked as intended.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Hedrigall posted:

I watched it last year but all I remember is how... well animated the main female character is :stwoon:

But she's... a... human?

:confused:

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

21 Muns posted:

But she's... a... human?

This might come as a surprise to some, but I'm pretty sure Hedrigall is one, too

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shadow Hog posted:

This might come as a surprise to some, but I'm pretty sure Hedrigall is one, too

Shut your goddamn lying mouth. Hedrigall is an animated cartoon lion.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

21 Muns posted:

But she's... a... human?

Nah I think she's an elemental being because drat those thighs are like thunder :getin:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

ImpAtom posted:

Shut your goddamn lying mouth. Hedrigall is an animated cartoon lion.

Hedrigall smashes keyboards with her massive lion paws and words come out because THAT'S WHAT I WANT TO BELIEVE.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Das Boo posted:

Hedrigall smashes keyboards with her massive lion paws and words come out because THAT'S WHAT I WANT TO BELIEVE.
Hedrigall is female?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Shadow Hog posted:

Hedrigall is female?

Come to think of it, I have no idea.

e: Oh, hey, you actually filled out the profile thing, Heddy! :v:

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE

Shadow Hog posted:

Hedrigall is female?

idk that looks like a boy lion.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Honestly, I just wasn't paying attention. I, too, slam my paws against a keyboard and hope for the best. :(

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Das Boo posted:

Actually I dictate and a friendly hornbill pecks the keys one by one help I'm a bird slave someone help me

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Das Boo posted:

It's a subpar dress and I'm baffled someone could write so much about it being just... blah. I understand going into detail on the immaculate precision on the petticoats in Gone With the Wind or the lovingly hand-stitched miniature costuming in Kubo (and how the fabrics correlate with the time period, class and personality of each characters), but there's no real story with Belle's dress. It just kinda blandly sucks. It's the Delgo of dresses, not the Foodfight.

But I feel the same way about all the live-action Disney dress stuff. They're sparkly and poofy and... I guess pretty cheap-looking? Oh, costume jewelry! They remind me of really gaudy costume jewelry.

they used craft glue and glitter

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Troposphere posted:

they used craft glue and glitter

But not a swan or meat.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Hed is the resident awesome lion of the thread. Every thread has one.

Every thread on the internet.

In all seriousness though, I might go see Beauty and the Beast tomorrow. Or Logan. I'm not really sure yet..

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Going back, why isn't Tiana the favourite princess of Louisiana?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Did nobody else go to the actual article for that map thing? They based it off google search trends, not an actual poll or anything.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Going back, why isn't Tiana the favourite princess of Louisiana?

Film didnt set the world on fire, is black.

Seriously, as with most states its recency bias.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Das Boo posted:

this is me but im a smaller kitty

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

First day at my new job at a small eldercare facility. The residents like to have movies on during non-mealtimes.

I had to sit through Chicken Little AND Bee Movie.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I use antelopes in all of my deeecorating

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Flaccid Trip posted:

First day at my new job at a small eldercare facility. The residents like to have movies on during non-mealtimes.

the staff are trying to clear a few beds by killing off the current residents as quickly as possible

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Flaccid Trip posted:

Oh my god. Send me your address or smh so I can send them some less lovely movies.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

I use antelopes in all of my deeecorating

Is your couch zebra skin like mine? It's great for lion around.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I saw Beauty and the Beast last night. Overall, I liked it, real solid 7/10. The original is my favourite Disney movie and I tried hard not to compare them too much (which is hard when they reuse the songs and whatnot) but I had a good time. Some REAL bad choices and dialogue here and there, Cogsworth is completely diminished, and why is Ewan Macgegor doing a bad French accent? Also not sure Emma Watson was the best Belle. Beast was great, and there were some touching new moments between. Also, there's a BRUTAL new scene at the end. drat.

Gaston in this version is a true villain. In the original, he's a goddamn hero. Gaston forever.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Alan_Shore posted:

I saw Beauty and the Beast last night. Overall, I liked it, real solid 7/10. The original is my favourite Disney movie and I tried hard not to compare them too much (which is hard when they reuse the songs and whatnot) but I had a good time. Some REAL bad choices and dialogue here and there, Cogsworth is completely diminished, and why is Ewan Macgegor doing a bad French accent? Also not sure Emma Watson was the best Belle. Beast was great, and there were some touching new moments between. Also, there's a BRUTAL new scene at the end. drat.

Gaston in this version is a true villain. In the original, he's a goddamn hero. Gaston forever.

How gay is LeFou and in what way is the new scene BRUTAL?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Please spoiler tag but reveal the brutality.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

21 Muns posted:

How gay is LeFou and in what way is the new scene BRUTAL?

He really isn't that gay! It's nuts how that's been blown up by people.

OK the brutal scene is when Beast dies. In this version all the servants are turned into antiques forever so you have this scene where they're all panicking as they're slowly changed in furniture. You have the loving dog crying and keeling over. You have Mrs Potts going crazy, panicking where Chip is as she dies. Cogsworth and Lumiere saying goodbye. It's incredibly emotional and, just... wow. You really have to see it to appreciate it. It's a great scene.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Alan_Shore posted:

He really isn't that gay! It's nuts how that's been blown up by people.

OK the brutal scene is when Beast dies. In this version all the servants are turned into antiques forever so you have this scene where they're all panicking as they're slowly changed in furniture. You have the loving dog crying and keeling over. You have Mrs Potts going crazy, panicking where Chip is as she dies. Cogsworth and Lumiere saying goodbye. It's incredibly emotional and, just... wow. You really have to see it to appreciate it. It's a great scene.

Whoa what?

This is the only thing that has gotten me at all interested in this movie that I've otherwise hated everything I've seen of. And it's the ending so still no reason to see it :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
That sounds legitimately interesting and I look forward to watching the youtube upload of it N months from now.