Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
...You went by the rigth way at least twice... That was a bit painful to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
RE:singing

Okay, caught the song (finally). Thank you for the attempt. I appreciate it. I'm also go ahead and agree with what ThaGhettoJew said: I just lurk in this thread, I feel it's more hilarious appropriate to post during the stream, where you can really appreciate the thread participation, for the most part. And this is, in reality, how I'm coming to know about fallout 4. Because, as I've said before, I've never touched a fallout game before. So I appreciate your efforts on that front, too.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 145:thx:

Today we finish up with Eddie Winters after a little bit more sewer crawling, and all's well that ends with someone getting shot in the face. Nick has a moment of catharsis afterwards, and then we head back to the Railroad for more of their shenanigans. We're going to have to go back to the main quest at this rate.

Thesaya posted:

...You went by the rigth way at least twice... That was a bit painful to watch.

I'm not sure if I was lost, trying to be thorough in my exploration, or just at the point where my brain was shutting down. If it was the latter... well, today's video is where we cut the stream short for a good reason.

bman in 2288 posted:

RE:singing

Okay, caught the song (finally). Thank you for the attempt. I appreciate it. I'm also go ahead and agree with what ThaGhettoJew said: I just lurk in this thread, I feel it's more hilarious appropriate to post during the stream, where you can really appreciate the thread participation, for the most part. And this is, in reality, how I'm coming to know about fallout 4. Because, as I've said before, I've never touched a fallout game before. So I appreciate your efforts on that front, too.

We're glad to have all of you, lurkers and posters and stream watchers alike. Tonight we stream again, and it's going to be part Far Harbor and part main quest.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I do wish that I could join the streams but they usually air at about 3 am my time and my insomnia isn't nice enough to match the days you stream. Like, I have actually been awake at stream time the day after you've streamed and been quite peeved that my brain didn't decide to gently caress with me on a more convenient date.

Edit;
Just started watching the last episode and need to tell you, 50 shades of hosed up has done so much damage to the perception of BDSM. Like for example, main thing about it is trust, a sub trusts their domme to not go to far and to respect their safeword. Also, aftercare, the domme is to make sure their sub is okay after each section. I am not even a member of the BDSM community myself, just like, on the edge, but what those books and films did to the perceptance of the subcultre was... horrid. It is domestic violence masqueraded as BDSM. Oh, and Christian Grey would have been kicked out of any BDSM club immediately with his behaviour.

Thesaya fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 1, 2017

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
Slightly delayed by studying, here we go with the stream now.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

I forgot to say it after one of the last videos, but John Wick is a really, really good movie. The plot is kind of paint by numbers, but it's so well done I didn't really even notice. It paints an amazing picture of a world, and then plays around in it. Plus, Keanu Reeves was sort of built to play a quiet guy who just kicks rear end. I've heard the second is just as good but haven't had time to go see it.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 146:thx:

We're back with some video from a special impromptu weekend stream we made because the last one cut off short. To start things off we're taking Nick with us on some more Railroad fun times, starting with re-emptying the Dunwich Borers. After that we're off to Goodneighbor for a beer run, and then we've got to head north of Diamond City to place what might be the very last MILA for Tinker Tom.

I've also put up a new companion poll here since we used Nick for the last little bit. Planning to table him until we fully dive into Far Harbor, since we just dipped our toes in this time.

Thesaya posted:

I do wish that I could join the streams but they usually air at about 3 am my time and my insomnia isn't nice enough to match the days you stream. Like, I have actually been awake at stream time the day after you've streamed and been quite peeved that my brain didn't decide to gently caress with me on a more convenient date.

Edit;
Just started watching the last episode and need to tell you, 50 shades of hosed up has done so much damage to the perception of BDSM. Like for example, main thing about it is trust, a sub trusts their domme to not go to far and to respect their safeword. Also, aftercare, the domme is to make sure their sub is okay after each section. I am not even a member of the BDSM community myself, just like, on the edge, but what those books and films did to the perceptance of the subcultre was... horrid. It is domestic violence masqueraded as BDSM. Oh, and Christian Grey would have been kicked out of any BDSM club immediately with his behaviour.

If insomnia were actually convenient, it would be something like a super power... but perhaps one of these days the stars will align. We'll look forward to the day. Nancy might have some commentary on the 50 Shades so I'll leave that there, but it almost makes me wonder if the same people who were all about Twilight have grown up to be the same people who are all about 50 Shades.

seaborgium posted:

I forgot to say it after one of the last videos, but John Wick is a really, really good movie. The plot is kind of paint by numbers, but it's so well done I didn't really even notice. It paints an amazing picture of a world, and then plays around in it. Plus, Keanu Reeves was sort of built to play a quiet guy who just kicks rear end. I've heard the second is just as good but haven't had time to go see it.

I'm reminded of a recent Cracked article that talked about actors who have one glaring Achilles Heel, and they mentioned Keanu Reeves's ability to play certain roles but his utter ineptitude when playing in period dramas. Although, quite frankly, I would enjoy seeing a surfer dude version of Shakespeare.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

ddegenha posted:

I'm reminded of a recent Cracked article that talked about actors who have one glaring Achilles Heel, and they mentioned Keanu Reeves's ability to play certain roles but his utter ineptitude when playing in period dramas. Although, quite frankly, I would enjoy seeing a surfer dude version of Shakespeare.

The crazy rear end Dracula adaptation with him as Jonathon Harker is close.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

ddegenha posted:

If insomnia were actually convenient, it would be something like a super power... but perhaps one of these days the stars will align. We'll look forward to the day. Nancy might have some commentary on the 50 Shades so I'll leave that there, but it almost makes me wonder if the same people who were all about Twilight have grown up to be the same people who are all about 50 Shades.

You might not be too surprised to learn that 50 shades started out as Twilight fanfiction.

Edit; I am pretty sure the word Nancy was looking for was flintlock pistol.

Editedit; I honestly did not realise underwater basket weaving wasn't serious before you said so, since it makes perfect sense to me. For woodcarving, I keep the juniper wood in my freezer or fridge because working with fresh wood is much easier. Submerging the wood for basket weaving makes perfect sense to me since it'd keep the material supple.

Thesaya fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Mar 3, 2017

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 147:thx:

Before we continue with some Railroad business we stop by the Brotherhood of Steel in search of a particular mission, which we don't get. They don't like Nick, and he doesn't like them right back, so screw it. We're going to do some more Railroad business. Except that they want to send us to Far Harbor, so while we figure out what to do about that we might as well just take that MILA and put it up.

Thesaya posted:

You might not be too surprised to learn that 50 shades started out as Twilight fanfiction.

Edit; I am pretty sure the word Nancy was looking for was flintlock pistol.

Editedit; I honestly did not realise underwater basket weaving wasn't serious before you said so, since it makes perfect sense to me. For woodcarving, I keep the juniper wood in my freezer or fridge because working with fresh wood is much easier. Submerging the wood for basket weaving makes perfect sense to me since it'd keep the material supple.

Not surprised about twilight and 50 shades actually having a connection, although that's like fanfiction squared. It's like somebody read a fanfiction about Harry Potter and Snape getting together and was like "I can do so much better, let me at it" and then they both got published.

See, submerging just the wood makes sense. The implication is that both you and the wood are completely submerged at the same time which is where it gets impractical because really you'd either need to have a ventilation tube or a SCUBA set on.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 148:thx:

We're planting a MILA today, and it's a long climb up a building that's full of gunners. Along the way Nick decides we're good enough friends that he wants to talk about his last memories as a human, which means we're about as close as we're going to get. After that we plant the MILA and have a shootout from the tail of a vertibird crashed into the side of a building and then head on back to the Railroad to get our reward. Next week's updates will have our return to the Institute and a short side trip to Far Harbor, so look forward to it!

Companion poll is here.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 149:thx:

After some technical difficulties where the internet connection cut out, today we make our triumphant return to the Institute to tell Father how everything went. He's pleased, but we definitely aren't going to start the next mission in the chain. Instead, we're looking for Dr. Li so that we can persuade her to come back to the Brotherhood. She won't do it unless we can prove what happened to Virgil (remember him?) by infiltrating the old Biosciences Lab, and since we were going to do that anyway we might as well get paid twice for the same job. And if you didn't like the Institute already, you're REALLY not going to like them by the time that we're done with the lab.

So, vote here on who we're going to travel with Wednesday as we continue our quest to take them down.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 150:thx:

With proof in hand we head back to Dr. Li, who is understandably upset about the extent to which the Institute has deceived her and takes off to join the Brotherhood. Good luck with that. Afterwards we meet up with Zi-14, our Synth contact, and continue setting up a rebellion. The synths are ready for a break out, but they're going to need weapons so we stage a "mining accident" to get them materials and hide some workers. After that it's time to clean up a few loose ends, like giving Virgil his serum, rescuing a settlement, and customizing a couple of new weapons for Curie and Nick.

Should have a stream tomorrow, but in the meantime our companion poll is tied. Not sure what we'll do if that continues to be the case, but it should be fun either way.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 151:thx:

Today we're starting off by heading to the rescue of one of our settlements, which takes far longer than it should because the super mutants attacking the settlement got a bit lost. There's something backwards when you have to hunt down the people coming to raid your settlement is all I'm saying here. After that we're on our way up the coast to the Nakano residence, who have reported that their daughter is missing. The initial investigation doesn't do much more than raise additional questions, and no matter what it looks like we've got a boat ride in our future and a lot of explaining to do.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
We are firing up the stream now!

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 152:thx:

Today we're visiting Far Harbor after we explain to the Nakano family that their daughter might be a synth. Tough break there. Anyway, Far Harbor takes us up the coast a ways, maybe up toward Vermont or Nova Scotia or something like that. It's foggy, the locals are surly, and there are giant frog monsters running around so not much has changed from what I understand. Once we say hello it's off into the mists we go to do what we really came here to do: kill some super mutants.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 153:thx:

Turns out that we were closer to being done with our super mutant killing mission in Far Harbor than I realized, so after quickly wrapping that up it's time to head back to the Railroad to report our success. They don't have anything for us, so rather than continue with the main story it's time to go spend some more time with the Brotherhood. I'm angling for a specific quest, which we got in the last stream, but to get to it there's some prep work we have to do. Right now that's getting some high powered magnets from a hospital we've already cleared, which means some raiders are about to have a very bad day.

Almost forgot this! The new companion poll is here. I'm concentrating on showing off each companion, so the only ones on the poll are the ones who we haven't gotten to max friendship yet.

ddegenha fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Mar 10, 2017

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
The Possession of Nick Valentine

http://i.imgur.com/ME1V2OY.webm

http://i.imgur.com/fWTAUtx.webm

http://i.imgur.com/XKQIibI.webm

http://i.imgur.com/b7gKGYO.webm

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 154:thx:

Starting off from last week's stream our first order of business is to pick up Piper in her fetching armored blue dress/minigun ensemble and head off to visit the Brotherhood. Once we build the actuators it's time to start Liberty Prime's processors, and then we have a new mission seeking out nuclear footballs for him to throw in the Glowing Sea. So it's off on a radioactive hike we go, eating Rad-X like tic tacs until we find the bunker. It's going to be ghouls isn't it?

Companion poll is here, and there's another informal question. I've edited the last stream and the last 18 minute episode is... well, let's just say that I'm not firing on all cylinders at that point. I'm pretty sure I tried to find an objective on the map multiple times. So should I:

1.) Go ahead and post it, it'll be fine!
2.) Try to recover from the beginning of the area with an autosave and bury the footage?
3.) Try to recover from the beginning of the area with an autosave and post it as an extra?

Trying to create a non-painful viewing experience here, so I figured it was worth asking. I was successful on a tactical level, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's entertaining.

Possessed synth detective who levitates around solving crime and killing raiders. I'd watch that movie.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
I'm gonna go ahead and say edit it out. Content for the sake of content is worthless, better the videos be shorter and higher quality.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 155:thx:

Yep, it was feral ghouls all the way down. Plus an occasional molerat, and some Children of Atom for variety. I think the Child of Atom was a ghoul. WAS being the operative word. The good news is that Liberty Prime is now armed with nuclear weapons. The bad news is that Liberty Prime is now armed with nuclear weapons. Maxson has some news about Danse and it's not good news.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 156:thx:

Today we're all about the search for Danse, which doesn't take long since Scribe Hayden knows exactly where he went. We decide to be merciful, which Piper appreciates enough to kick us over to maximum friendship, but things get kind of awkward when we go outside. Elder Maxson, how long HAVE you been standing there? We get a promotion out of the deal, and that's nice, but it's also where we're calling it quits with the Brotherhood for the moment.

Streaming tonight, going to make an effort to get the stream going a bit closer to the 7:30 goal so that I'm also not quite as tanked at the end of it. Right now we're probably going to use the auto save time machine to pretend the last 18 minutes of last week's stream didn't happen unless someone strenuously objects.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I started actually watching Archer today! Almost finished season 1.

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

Thesaya posted:

It is a good show for quality people. It's a shame Fallout 4's role-playing systems doen't really lend themselves to more fully characterized Archerness.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
We are streaming now!

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
So, I'm at season 3 episode 6 atm. My feelings are, when are you going to do Archer; cancer edition, and, which of our companions can we dress up as Burt Reynolds.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 157:thx:

Now that Danse has been located we can get back to work with the Railroad. We're off in pursuit of another dead drop, which takes us to the Boardwalk station we've cleared out before. Evidently the new Raiders didn't take the hint when they came in and saw piles of dead bodies all over the place. After that we're pretty much clean out of things to do, so we've got no choice but to go back to Shaunmas for a mission. And... now we've REALLY got to talk to Desdemona. This could get awkward.

Thesaya posted:

Thesaya posted:

So, I'm at season 3 episode 6 atm. My feelings are, when are you going to do Archer; cancer edition, and, which of our companions can we dress up as Burt Reynolds.

I'm sure a lot of things just started making sense, including why when someone suggested Archer my thought process went "there's a covert organization in the game, he's got a dead wife and a baby, and an ancient English butler. It's perfect!"

Don't know about the cancer edition, but the Nuka World DLC that we're going to get into really makes me think of the first three episodes of Season 3. As for Burt Reynolds... maybe Danse? He doesn't have the mustache, though.

ThaGhettoJew posted:

It is a good show for quality people. It's a shame Fallout 4's role-playing systems doen't really lend themselves to more fully characterized Archerness.

Sadly not... the four response buttons where it doesn't actually tell you what you're going to say is kind of limited. The dialogue system that they used in Fallout 1 and 2 would have provided a lot more flexibility, but also wouldn't lend so well to being watched and cut into videos.

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

ddegenha posted:

Sadly not... the four response buttons where it doesn't actually tell you what you're going to say is kind of limited. The dialogue system that they used in Fallout 1 and 2 would have provided a lot more flexibility, but also wouldn't lend so well to being watched and cut into videos.

One of the subtler and more interesting mods I've seen (for the PC version of course) replaced the dialogue description options with the first sentence of the response you actually give. It made for fewer unpleasant role-play surprises although I suppose it lessened the dramatic suspense of finding out what kind of monster you accidentally made yourself by picking the wrong chat position. No idea if it's available on console versions though.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 158:thx:

Today's episode is a short one - looking at the save data it turned out that we couldn't really make this disappear without a huge continuity gap so here it is. The latter half is a bit disjointed as my brain started to shut down for the night. We were trying to find the quest objective and get it to trigger, but what we needed to do was track down Father. On the plus side we rescued four synths, so that's a good thing. All kinds of murder and mayhem in one of the bigger set-piece battles of the game.

ThaGhettoJew posted:

One of the subtler and more interesting mods I've seen (for the PC version of course) replaced the dialogue description options with the first sentence of the response you actually give. It made for fewer unpleasant role-play surprises although I suppose it lessened the dramatic suspense of finding out what kind of monster you accidentally made yourself by picking the wrong chat position. No idea if it's available on console versions though.

That would be lovely, because there's all kinds of occasions where you say you're going to be sarcastic and its like "Dead, just like your wife and children!" and you're like "What kind of monster have I become?"

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

ddegenha posted:

I'm sure a lot of things just started making sense, including why when someone suggested Archer my thought process went "there's a covert organization in the game, he's got a dead wife and a baby, and an ancient English butler. It's perfect!"

Don't know about the cancer edition, but the Nuka World DLC that we're going to get into really makes me think of the first three episodes of Season 3. As for Burt Reynolds... maybe Danse? He doesn't have the mustache, though.

Really season 3 just needs a RAMPAGE!!! through some random people, perhaps a bit of torture, maybe some game shows. Something like that. As long as there's one big bad guy you're good to go.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
Soo, currently dealing with some technical difficulties. Twitch is having some server difficulties so I'm still trying to download the last video and I might have to do some work arounds. Updates will resume when Twitch begins to behave.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
So, two pieces of good news. We managed to get last week's stream downloaded so I can do some editing and we're planning to go streaming in about an hour. I'll update this post with a link right before we go live. We're about to go live now.

ddegenha fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Mar 22, 2017

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 159:thx:

We're back, and now that we've figured out which objective we're after it's time to find Shaun. Again. Gonna put that kid on a leash at this point. Anyway, we have to navigate the ruins of CIT to get to the roof and that turns out to be more complicated than expected. When we get there Shaun needs us to come back to the Institute with him because he has a job for us. And by job he means career. So... this is going to be awkward at some point.

seaborgium posted:

Really season 3 just needs a RAMPAGE!!! through some random people, perhaps a bit of torture, maybe some game shows. Something like that. As long as there's one big bad guy you're good to go.

I think something we did last night might have counted as a Rampage. Turns out that our stealth failed us at one of the worst possible times. On the upside, spikes and wall friends.

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

ddegenha posted:

So, two pieces of good news. We managed to get last week's stream downloaded so I can do some editing and we're planning to go streaming in about an hour. I'll update this post with a link right before we go live. We're about to go live now.

I have to start checking the thread more often. I keep missing non-Wednesday streams by assuming all of the updates are just the edited YouTube reposts. Well, at least I've got a 3-hour block of video to catch up on until next week now.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 160:thx:

Today we're taking Preston and heading off to do some housekeeping and buy ammo, then we're off to visit the Railroad. The only thing they've got for us is another dead drop, but at the end of it we finally get to meet the Mr. Tims we've been hearing so much about. With nothing left to do we head off to the Institute, where they want us to get a thingie from a place. It'll piss the Brotherhood off permanently, but at this point they're big enough assholes that we're okay with that.

ThaGhettoJew posted:

I have to start checking the thread more often. I keep missing non-Wednesday streams by assuming all of the updates are just the edited YouTube reposts. Well, at least I've got a 3-hour block of video to catch up on until next week now.

Things were kind of off this week. I also mentioned it in the video descriptions but forgot to say anything in the thread. Next week we should be back on schedule.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 161:thx:

We continue our Mass Fusion adventure by hopping from one elevator to the next, dealing with the Brotherhood as they show up. They've got to be running thin on the ground for people at this point. At the bottom there's a 200 year old play by post D&D game, a radiation filled hell-chamber, and a bunch of killer robots. When we're done Preston feels like telling us more of his life story, so there's that, but at least we got what we came for. Yay?

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 162:thx:

We've got the Agitator, Allie hasn't been much help, and it's time to blow this popsicle stand. The Brotherhood makes one last push, so we stay to fight them off, but we're not going straight to the Institute. A settlement needs our help, and there's some Rust Devils wandering around for fun and profit. When we finally do get back to the Institute there's trouble in Biosciences, where a couple of scientists have locked themselves in the lab with the food supplies as a protest against the incoming new leadership. This is not going to end well.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 163:thx:

Today we've got a long update, but that's okay. We're starting out with a mission from the Institute to cool down a situation between them and the Minutemen, and while we're out we deal with a few settlements that are under attack. After that we need to act as the Voice of the Institute, which we intentionally do in the most terrifying way possible. We also need to actually press the button on the new power system, and then the other shoe drops: The Brotherhood of Steel knows where the Railroad is, and they're coming... in the next update.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 164:thx:

Today the Railroad is under attack, and once we warn them Desdemona has a shiny new toy for us. Needs a name (hint, hint) and a few upgrades, but anything that can drop a Brotherhood Knight in two shots is okay with me. Once we've taken care of the Brotherhood attackers it's time to take the fight to them, and to do that we're going to need a Vertibird. Luckily Tinker Tom can fly one (sort of) and Deacon has a plan (if you want to call it that), while we know exactly where we can find a Vertibird. Things are going to get messy at the Cambridge Police Station, but that's what happens when you decide to kick down the front door of somebody's house. Or back door. Whichever.

As a note, we are well and truly in the end game right now so expect to see the main storyline wrapped up this week. When we stream on Wednesday it's going to be Far Harbor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 165:thx:

Once we FINALLY get everybody on board the aircraft it's time to sneak onto the Prydwen to plant some explosives. That daring plan lasts all of about two seconds, so havoc it is. After a bloody mess that ends up with body parts nailed all over the ship, but in the end we take back our personal power armor and succeed. Desdemona's waiting to talk to us, so now we're on our way to the Railroad. There's only about one thing left for her to ask of us, isn't there?

• Locked thread