Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Crazycryodude posted:

I mean, technically nebulae slow down FTL travel but I've never even noticed it. A bit more "terrain" would go a long way.

It's very obvious with early warp drives, since already kinda long trips become even longer. Hyperspace is too fast to really show much difference, and wormholes obviously just sidestep the issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

GunnerJ posted:

Something I've wanted: more uplifting species. I've been able to do it, like, once.

Well, do I have a mod for you then!

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Nice.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's probably outside the intended scope of the game but dang I wish there was civilian traffic and trade and pirates that do something besides camp certain systems.

I've guess the new DLC will add more stuff to build and some more policies but like. I don't really see that making the core game more fun as much as just giving out more window dressing.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

You need to go play Distant Worlds.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PittTheElder posted:

You need to go play Distant Worlds.

It's good but not terribly interesting after you figure the detailed yet ultimately simplistic systems involved

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

GunnerJ posted:

Something I've wanted: more uplifting species. I've been able to do it, like, once.

It's never been worth the effort for me until this game, where I lucked out and had a tomb world in my territory with roachoids on it. Uplifted them with the traits communal and conformist, and now I colonise every world with them and they're always happy no matter what and never diverge. My original founding race and a few synths are sitting around on four core worlds and twiddling their thumbs while every other planet is covered in the galaxy's most cheerful roaches.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

GotLag posted:

It's never been worth the effort for me until this game, where I lucked out and had a tomb world in my territory with roachoids on it. Uplifted them with the traits communal and conformist, and now I colonise every world with them and they're always happy no matter what and never diverge. My original founding race and a few synths are sitting around on four core worlds and twiddling their thumbs while every other planet is covered in the galaxy's most cheerful roaches.

I did this with a plant species in my game where I ended up with like 120 worlds or something, just really good to have these efficient planet fillers

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

GotLag posted:

It's not really something I'm interested as a return on investment tbh.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I'm still trying to find my footing in this game and i have two questions:

1: Can i take a conquered race as slaves to be used on my planets? If so, how?
2: Can i genocide an entire race, if so how?

Sorry for these depressing questions, i'm hosed up :sludgepal:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Dongattack posted:

If you have ethos that allows it, you can just click on the pop and there should be an option to enslave this pop or all pops of the same species on the planet. Or you have to set it in policies window at first. If you want to move them to one of your planets, you must have correct ethos for forced relocation and you can again click on the pop and relocate them.
Same for genocide, click on pop and you should have an option to genocide them all.
But you have to do it for every planet with that species.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Dwesa posted:

If you have ethos that allows it, you can just click on the pop and there should be an option to enslave this pop or all pops of the same species on the planet. Or you have to set it in policies window at first. If you want to move them to one of your planets, you must have correct ethos for forced relocation and you can again click on the pop and relocate them.
Same for genocide, click on pop and you should have an option to genocide them all.
But you have to do it for every planet with that species.

Nice, thanks!

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Dongattack posted:

Special achievement (so ironman only) for genociding all other races as a Xenophobic empire, btw.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

ulmont posted:

Special achievement (so ironman only) for genociding all other races as a Xenophobic empire, btw.

Hoping we get one for finding a prewarp Earth and eating all the humans

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Little Garry Parrish posted:

It's probably outside the intended scope of the game but dang I wish there was civilian traffic and trade and pirates that do something besides camp certain systems.

I've guess the new DLC will add more stuff to build and some more policies but like. I don't really see that making the core game more fun as much as just giving out more window dressing.
There is a neat mod that adds civilian freighter traffic, but it absolutely kills performance. I imagine it would be much the same if Paradox tried to implement it, sadly. Probably the best we can hope for is bonuses and events related to it that don't have to be modeled on the map.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Dongattack posted:

A big chunk of the upcoming patch is to make both of these easier, while adding in the option to eat their delicious flesh with or without genemodding them to be extra delicious.

So you're in good company.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

:confuoot:

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Tigey posted:

Hoping we get one for finding a prewarp Earth and eating all the humans

If that achievement isn't named the same thing as the title of this thread it'd be a criminally wasted opportunity

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

@Wiz you better deliver

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Crazycryodude posted:

@Wiz you better deliver

As of the AMA he was keeping tabs on the number of retweets. I didn't retweet it because it's a weird, bad idea.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Dog Kisser posted:

As of the AMA he was keeping tabs on the number of retweets. I didn't retweet it because it's a weird, bad idea.

wow, terrible decision.

eta:

https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/842783233158856704

...!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

It's funny but I don't want paradox to waste/lose money on stupid pillows people voted up as a joke with no intention of actually buying when they could be spending that money on, I don't know, better sector AI (because that's how funding works!)

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

It's a terrible idea that only happened because of memes, and will be a horrific hilarious waste of resources.

So of course I'm now heavily invested in watching it all play out :munch:

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Mar 17, 2017

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
depends on what sort they are TBH. If they are the usual huggable kind, yea it'll be kinda :mediocre: but if they'd be lumpy in the shape of a Blorg, then in my book that's money well spent!

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

All thoughts are memes

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I'm sure there's shops that sell hugpillow sheets with a picture, just like they do for shirts. Hell, it's probably the same shop. I don't think paradox has to spend actual money on it, beyond having an artist draw up a blorg that looks good on a sheet.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Baronjutter posted:

It's funny but I don't want paradox to waste/lose money on stupid pillows people voted up as a joke with no intention of actually buying when they could be spending that money on, I don't know, better sector AI (because that's how funding works!)

If they just put a design up on a custom made-to-order site it will not be many resources all told really.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

nah dudes there's totally going to be a hundred thousand unsold blorg pillows thrown into a mass grave in the desert just like the ET game

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

GunnerJ posted:

nah dudes there's totally going to be a hundred thousand unsold blorg pillows thrown into a mass grave in the desert just like the ET game
Someone make a Fiesta Cat race.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Mostly I'm tickled by the idea that the guy who did the art for the Blorg has woken up to a huge demand for pillows shaped like his space lumps.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
I'd have probably bought a make space great again hat to be fair.

On the other hand I could have had a hat shop make one for me and I haven't, so maybe I wouldn't have bought one.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm sure you could sew two big blobby cotton sheets together and stuff it.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I kinda want a blorg pillow. Not that I could justify the expense, probably. :shobon:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Why do evangelizing zealots make friends with other evangelizing zealots?

I don't recall the crusades being Christendom and Islam teaming up with India to go beat up all the atheists. But apparently my galaxy is chock full of murder-crazy lunatics who get along just fine with each other and keep circlejerking each other with NAPs, defensive pacts, and federation associations while me and my one not-complete-rear end in a top hat-but-completely-crap-at-expanding buddy on the outer western arm are sitting here watching them murder the entire rest of the galaxy because the two biggest ones are cockblocking us by having a defensive pact with each other and being situated right on the northern and southern quadrants of the galaxy.

E: and some how the literal imperium of loving man is friendly with all of the loving xeno lunatics :wtc:

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Mar 17, 2017

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

Truga posted:

I'm sure there's shops that sell hugpillow sheets with a picture, just like they do for shirts. Hell, it's probably the same shop. I don't think paradox has to spend actual money on it, beyond having an artist draw up a blorg that looks good on a sheet.

Blorg that look good? Sounds fake but okay

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

So I had a thing happening.

A while ago I cleared out Sanctuary on my "no aliens no primitives" Galaxy. So just for kicks I decided to put observation outposts on it. I was really looking forwards to see what would happen when the Atomic Age aliens blew themselves up but nope, they entered the Early Space Age.

But the game decided not to disappoint and spawned an asteroid event on another section of Sanctuary.

I am not disappointed.

e: Wasn't there a similar glitch with Horizon Signal?

Iced Cocoa fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 17, 2017

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

OwlFancier posted:

I don't recall the crusades being Christendom and Islam teaming up with India to go beat up all the atheists. But apparently my galaxy is chock full of murder-crazy lunatics who get along just fine with each other and keep circlejerking each other with NAPs, defensive pacts, and federation associations while me and my one not-complete-rear end in a top hat-but-completely-crap-at-expanding buddy on the outer western arm are sitting here watching them murder the entire rest of the galaxy because the two biggest ones are cockblocking us by having a defensive pact with each other and being situated right on the northern and southern quadrants of the galaxy.

E: and some how the literal imperium of loving man is friendly with all of the loving xeno lunatics :wtc:

Because the religion is the same for all of them - it's the Shroud.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

DatonKallandor posted:

Because the religion is the same for all of them - it's the Shroud.

Personally I think my interpretation of the Shroud makes much more sense than whatever the stupid crab people of Xanar IV think about it :agesilaus:

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

During the crusades, one faction of Christendom and another faction of Islam would often join forces to fight a different faction of Christendom joined with another faction of Islam. Hell one of the crusades was just crusaders from mainland europe ransacking Constantinople which was another Christian city. You'd be surprised how far, the whole enemy of my enemy thing gets you as far as unlikely allies go. It wouldn't be that hard to imagine that the spiritualistic folks of a planet might join together to defend against weird aliens that they feel threaten their way of life.

JuniperCake fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Mar 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Personally I think my interpretation of the Shroud makes much more sense than whatever the stupid crab people of Xanar IV think about it :agesilaus:
Once I saw this scientist by a black hole about to talk to The Worm. I said, "Don't do it!" He said, "Nobody loves me." I said, "The Shroud loves you. Do you believe in The Shroud?"

He said, "Yes." I said, "Are you a Spiritualist or a Fanatic Spiritualist?" He said, "A Fanatic Spiritualist." I said, "Me, too! Xenophobe or Militarist?" He said, "Militarist." I said, "Me, too! What government?" He said, "Dictatorship." I said, "Me, too! Divine Mandate or Military Dictatorship?" He said, "Divine Mandate." I said, "Me, too!"

"Fanatic Spiritualist Militaristic Divine Mandate with Energy Weapons, or Fanatic Spiritualist Militaristic Divine Mandate with Kinetic Weapons?" He said, "Fanatic Spiritualist Militaristic Divine Mandate with Energy Weapons." I said, "Me, too! Fanatic Spiritualist Militaristic Divine Mandate with Energy Weapons and Warp or Fanatic Spiritualist Militaristic Divine Mandate with Energy Weapons and Hyperlanes?" He said, "Fanatic Spiritualist Militaristic Divine Mandate with Energy Weapons and Hyperlanes." I said, "Me, too! Fanatic Spiritualist Militaristic Divine Mandate with Energy Weapons and Hyperlanes with Deviant, or Fanatic Spiritualist Militaristic Divine Mandate with Energy Weapons and Hyperlanes without Deviant?" He said "Fanatic Spiritualist Militaristic Divine Mandate with Energy Weapons and Hyperlanes without Deviant." I said, "Die, xeno scum!" And I purged him.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Mar 18, 2017

• Locked thread