Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Racist Mario is the scourge of my loving youtube recommendations. I will never, ever click it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

oddium posted:

it's called racist Mario so he's mad at the bean bean kingdom i guess

Man I still haven't finished Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam.

That game series got real boring.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Bought the DLC, Furi - One last Fight. The normal advertised fight will take you about 10-20 minutes to beat. The Secret boss is taking me forever, he's the hardest fight of the game.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Fargin Icehole posted:

Bought the DLC, Furi - One last Fight. The normal advertised fight will take you about 10-20 minutes to beat. The Secret boss is taking me forever, he's the hardest fight of the game.

THERE'S A FURI DLC!!!??!!!!!! Holy poo poo I need to get that. Is it 2 fights?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Over 126 million views in two years.

Nothing the creator of the video ever does for the rest of their lives will ever reach as many people as Racist Mario did.

The day will never come when they look at themselves and ask what did they really contribute to the world, because their contribution has already been made.

And it is Racist Mario.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

saw a gif and had to 'curb it' as the kids say

https://twitter.com/MattWilsonCSS/status/842584935122657280

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

:hai:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
You guys do know that you can permanently hide any YouTube recommendation by hovering over it, clicking the "..." that appears in the upper-right corner, and choosing "Not Interested" right? And that Youtube actually remembers this and factors this into future recommendations?

Not only does this mean I never have to see Pewdiepie or Racist Mario ever again but it was a lifesaver when Youtube decided that me watching Hbomberguy make fun of internet Nazis meant that I wanted to see a bunch of videos from internet Nazis everywhere all the time forever.

In Training posted:

Fighting games don't really need reviews because there's only like 3 series left and everyone knows now to avoid Capcom so that leaves you with like 2 releases a year.

As someone who dislikes fighting games and the communities that spring up around them, consider this comeuppance for the 90s when at least half of the covers for any given video game magazine would be for one of the zillion 2d fighters that were coming out every year.

spudsbuckley posted:

In don't really get why everyone is surprised by the new Mass Effect being bad.

The first one was mediocre at best, the second one was utter poo poo, i didn't bother with the third one because the series was obviously getting steadily worse.

What the gently caress do people except? Average-to-shite series gets even worse despite increased sales, surely the new one must be good?

-spudsbucklely claws his way out of a hole in the ground-

"AHH AFTER TEN THOUSAND YEARS I'M FREE! TIME TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT THE GOOD GAMES THEY LIKED ACTUALLY SUCKED ALL ALONG!!!"

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm so, so happy that Mass Effect Andromeda exists.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/bobvids/status/842564053704888320

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Snak posted:

THERE'S A FURI DLC!!!??!!!!!! Holy poo poo I need to get that. Is it 2 fights?

Two fights for four dollars. One has a minor difficulty, but it definitely has that unfinished look about him. Second boss fight is on Furier Difficult fight only, and holy gently caress it's difficult

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I posted about the Furi DLC in the Steam thread and no one even noticed, I figured people just stopped caring about the game or something. Or maybe I'm a bad enough poster that everyone has me on ignore. :(

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Strange that Sega feels the need to continue making Sonic games after releasing Sonic Adventure 2, the perfect game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I honestly think Consortium has better production values than this scene

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

T-pose disease is nothing to laugh about. Get your character models vaccinated to fight against potential T-pose outbreaks at least once every few years.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I posted about the Furi DLC in the Steam thread and no one even noticed, I figured people just stopped caring about the game or something. Or maybe I'm a bad enough poster that everyone has me on ignore. :(

I play Furi on ps4 and don't have a gaming rig or play much on steam. So I'm not in the steam thread.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

If it's just going to be more generations there really isn't any...good(?) reason it couldn't have been made in like, 2013, 2014 or 2015 aside from the fact that Sonic Team believes every Sonic game has to be wildly different mechanically and that's how we got Lost World, Boom and then they finally raised their arms up and said "Fine, we'll just do more Generations."

Like it's not a bad thing it's more Generations, I would have just liked more Generations goodness sooner.

those levels take a shitton of content production to make because of how fast the player goes through it all, and it's basically impossible to make a generations-style game yearly. pretty much everyone has admitted that the whole reason they had sonic boom made is that they wanted to focus their teams on the next main title and outsourcing seemed like a way to do that on the cheap.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Jay Rust posted:

I'm so, so happy that Mass Effect Andromeda exists.

It's a small thing but after the scum of the internet spent months confidently predicting that Mass Effect Andromeda would get rave reviews despite being a bad game because grumble grumble FEMALES mumble mubmle SJWS the fact that it's being critically panned across the board is some delicious schadenfreude against them and everyone else who gets really mad about critics actually liking things.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Guy Mann posted:

It's a small thing but after the scum of the internet spent months confidently predicting that Mass Effect Andromeda would get rave reviews despite being a bad game because grumble grumble FEMALES mumble mubmle SJWS the fact that it's being critically panned across the board is some delicious schadenfreude against them and everyone else who gets really mad about critics actually liking things.

yes, there's definitely never been any cases of companies buying good reviews before. that's never happened. impossible.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
So will anybody be attempting to DDoS or hijack social media accounts of people who review the new Mass Effect or does that only happen when it's Zelda?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

corn in the bible posted:

those levels take a shitton of content production to make because of how fast the player goes through it all, and it's basically impossible to make a generations-style game yearly. pretty much everyone has admitted that the whole reason they had sonic boom made is that they wanted to focus their teams on the next main title and outsourcing seemed like a way to do that on the cheap.

A lot of people seem to think that the Werehog levels in Unleashed were something more than just the dev team needing a bunch of slow levels that took awhile because all the daytime levels would make the game last about 20 minutes otherwise.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Ometeotl posted:

A lot of people seem to think that the Werehog levels in Unleashed were something more than just the dev team needing a bunch of slow levels that took awhile because all the daytime levels would make the game last about 20 minutes otherwise.

a lot of people are idiots

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Kai Tave posted:

So will anybody be attempting to DDoS or hijack social media accounts of people who review the new Mass Effect or does that only happen when it's Zelda?

No, but it turning out to be not good might earn EA another "worst company in the world" internet award again. Different fandoms appear to release their rage in different ways.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

bloodychill posted:

No, but it turning out to be not good might earn EA another "worst company in the world" internet award again. Different fandoms appear to release their rage in different ways.

It's not bad enough to inspire that. It's not even Bioware's worst game in the last 10 years, at least from the bit I've played.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Kai Tave posted:

lol Nintendo fans are trash. The new Zelda is honestly a bad game with god awful gameplay mechanics. Like I know Sterling thinks the game is good, but it seriously loving isnt.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It's not bad enough to inspire that. It's not even Bioware's worst game in the last 10 years, at least from the bit I've played.

If it's better than Dragon Age 2, I guess that's a win.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Kai Tave posted:

maybe for the good reviews...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I feel like people take special pleasure in BioWare schadenfreude compared to other big companies releasing bad games. I remember what the thread here was like for Dragon Age II

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

codenameFANGIO posted:

lol Nintendo fans are trash. The new Zelda is honestly a bad game with god awful gameplay mechanics. Like I know Sterling thinks the game is good, but it seriously loving isnt.

Dog, you gotta relax. Might I recommend starting up Zelda, picking a direction, and just going straight?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Dog, you gotta relax. Might I recommend starting up Zelda, picking a direction, and just going straight?

Thank you, Poops Mcgoots.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
bioware seem to be this magic company where everyone love to hate and it just fun, where hating a bad nintendo or sqare game is just sad and frustrating due to their pedigree for the last few decades, bioware been dead since they got brought by EA. People still had hype for ME3 and SWTOR but after the latter turn out to be WOW with worse raids and gameplay and ME3 turning the biggest wet fart of a ending, people turn on bioware by mass.

now looking at the current staff of bioware i feel the fans taken a hold of it...the fans who get crazy about characters sweat flavoring.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

i read this post in sombra's voice.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Mar 17, 2017

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Cyron posted:

bioware seem to be this magic company where everyone love to hate and it just fun, where hating a bad nintendo or sqare game is just sad and frustraiting due to their pedigree for the last few decades, bioware been dead since they got brought by EA, mass effect 2 was their last good game IMO, People still had hype for ME3 and SWTOR but after the latter turn out to be WOW with worse raids and gameplay and ME3 was the biggest wet fart of a ending.

DAI seem to had some hype (angry joe give it his GOTY for reasons) but then 6 months latter witcher 3 came out and poo poo all over it.

Yo, watch me completely lose any credibility I have on these here forums by telling a completely true fact:

I've beaten DA:I twice. I have failed to get past Velen despite trying to get into the game three times now.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The fact that sega never made another chao garden game is the loving worst thing they've done

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

corn in the bible posted:

a lot of people are idiots

:hai:

I definitely feel this way sometimes about my own posting but then I remember the mantra :justpost:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I feel like people take special pleasure in BioWare schadenfreude compared to other big companies releasing bad games. I remember what the thread here was like for Dragon Age II

I remember someone was going to do a screenshot LP Dragon Age 2 and there was so much vitriol and venom in the thread that it got shutdown and locked. There was a successful video LP done for it though. By "successful" I mean that it managed to be finished.

https://lparchive.org/Dragon-Age-II/

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I saw it, but I haven't played Furi so I skipped past it. Thanks for the heads up, though!

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
also speaking of crazy fans i remember Mass effect fans mailing a shitload of cupcakes to bioware as a protest to the ending.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Cyron posted:

also speaking of crazy fans i remember Mass effect fans mailing a shitload of cupcakes to bioware as a protest to the ending.

Yup. They had red, green, and blue icing on them. Bioware wound up donating them to a youth shelter because they felt the point wasn't to reward them for a job well done.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

FirstAidKite posted:

The fact that sega never made another chao garden game is the loving worst thing they've done

I think the fact that the person in charge of programing the Chao garden left the company might have contributed to it never returning proper. Like if that person had stayed at the company and climbed through the corporate jungle gym to a station that let them make any decisions they wanted we could have gotten Chao Garden simulators out the rear end.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Mann posted:

As someone who dislikes fighting games and the communities that spring up around them,

hahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Man, I can't stop listening to that Dropmix gameplay, even with them talking over it. This is fresher than some actual professional remixes (timestamped)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxOtkClPa0o&t=202s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxOtkClPa0o&t=688s

• Locked thread