Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hell Yeah posted:

don't post in adtrw then come to gbs and say things like this it's disgusting.

LOL. I am done with adtrw. Haven't been there for 6+ months and never going back for much of the same reason for not going into CD. Anime can be poo poo like any other media. If you don't want to watch it that's ok. I am going to watch the good stuff and that will be that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
The good anime

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
#notallanime

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

JFairfax posted:

#notallanime

#nogoodanime

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Stickfigure posted:

#nogoodanime

The printers messed this up, it's supposed to say "Children's show? No, Good Anime!"

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Dragon Ball Z is a childrens show anime that shares no qualities with modern anime and it is "good"

I feel like what I've seen of modern anime is basically cartoons made by people who are hosed in the head for people who are hosed in the head

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Anime never was good.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Paladinus posted:

Anime never was good.

just accept it animu queers. you like a poo poo garbage thing that is objectively bad. I can sympathize: i still like lots of nü metal, like Papa Roach's Infest and Limp Bizkit's Three Dollar Bill Y'all

e: also i loved far cry 2 and played the single player to 100%. sometimes the things you love are just bad and you love them anyway

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Mar 17, 2017

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
The cool thing about anime is it is now and always has been excellent. Way better than movies.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
anime is "pure" art

undistilled human emotion on paper

raw unfiltered truth

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Anime was a mistake.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

jyrque posted:

Anime was a mistake.

Cobra was the exception, not the rule.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Jesus thread please don't post 60 new posts making me think there is a new video when you are just talking about anime

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

There's a great film called the 5 obstructions where Lars Von Trier gets Jorgen Leth to remake The Perfect Human and they basically declare animation as dirt.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

New Concept Hole posted:

Cobra was the exception, not the rule.

lol ok anime avatar person

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Quantum of Phallus posted:

There's a great film called the 5 obstructions where Lars Von Trier gets Jorgen Leth to remake The Perfect Human and they basically declare animation as dirt.

Shut the gently caress up jay

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I want more re:views of movies I haven't seen.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

jyrque posted:

I want more re:views of movies I haven't seen.

Jay: actually it's interesting, the director points out on the commentary track that those scenes were originally not supposed to be in the movie.
Mike: I don't really even like this movie.

RE:VIEW!

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
It's perfect.
- me, watching videos of people talking about movies I haven't seen they don't even like

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

OMGVBFLOL posted:

haha what, warner is rebooting the matrix

this deserves to be quoted. jesus christ if this isn't the most pathetic thing.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Looking forward to Matrix FWD:RE:Reloaded

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

The Matrix Rebooted

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Berious posted:

Jesus thread please don't post 60 new posts making me think there is a new video when you are just talking about anime

Is anime like japanimation?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

monster on a stick posted:

Is anime like japanimation?

Yes, anime is Chinese Cartoons.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Alone? Are you an otaku too?

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
Gas this loving thread.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

These fuckmen better release some content before this thread rips itself to pieces.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

The Archaic posted:

Gas this loving thread.

No gently caress off

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
New content!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8yN3q2yI0E

It's new for many people, I'm sure!

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So, what's the Matrix?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

oohhboy posted:

So, what's the Matrix?

An unofficial adaptations of the Western manga The Invisibles.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I look forward to the Matrix Reboots.

I have an early leak of the Script

"The Matrix

- Early draft notes guys but work some bullet time in here, jerry will get started on the dialog but make sure to get some bullet time

And dubstep. Dubstep Bullet time."

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The matrix is a classic but it's a product of its time and a reboot would suck chodes

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

crosspostin

angry_keebler posted:

following more than a century of declining revenue ever since their chief spokesperson was mired in scandal, in 2120 the kraft food corporation, in pursuit of increasing sales in a hyper-competitive retro dessert market, creates the world's first artificial super intelligence. its primary instruction is to increase the consumption of jell-o to its practical maximum.

4.8 seconds after activation, the kraft-o-matic seizes control of the global telecommunications system and uses it to activate an improvised army of domestic and military robots. the devastating preemptive attack lasts 44 minutes and eliminates 80% of the human population. after a series of futile skirmishes, the disorganized remnants of humanity are rounded up and forced to live in coffin sized pods filled with jell-o, are force fed jell-o, and when they die their bodies are dissolved and used as raw materials to create more jell-o

in order to promote acquiescence to this new world order, kraft-o-matic wires the remaining humans brains directly into a sophisticated virtual reality, initially little more than pro jell-o propaganda, but which gradually becomes an increasingly sophosticated scenario until mankind finally exists in a perpetual simulation of the late 1990s, the last time jell-o was seen as a wholesome dessert with a wholesome spokesperson.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Guy Goodbody posted:

An unofficial adaptations of the Western manga The Invisibles.

Is The Invisibles an unofficial adaptation of the messiah story?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

We Know Catheters posted:

Is The Invisibles an unofficial adaptation of the messiah story?

Unironically yes.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

a bone to pick posted:

I was watching an angryjoe stream

lol

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The Matrix is the PvE server

John Wick is the PvP server

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Isn't it the other way round? John Wick headshots swarms of trash mobs and farms them for ammo, with occasional boss battles. The Matrix is where Neo fights with groups of other unplugged people against a team of robots who also have powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Gay talk, video games, star wars... And now anime. Opening this thread is like a modern day Faustian nightmare

• Locked thread