Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
The one where you gotta follow the Korok I failed like 3 times (one because a loving wolf just showed up out of nowhere) and then when I finally completed it I walked completely around to the other side before entering the shrine because I didn't want to startle the little dude. So I completed the shrine, went back to the start, and was informed that I hadn't actually completed the mission yet, so I had to do it again even though the shrine was already beaten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i really liked the stealth mission in the gerudo desert

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

extremebuff posted:

it bothered me that getting spotted was an instant fail but didnt actually restart you, but the one on death mountain with the goron was really cool

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

extremebuff posted:

I thought I was pretty well stacked and could take those guards. I was wrong.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HORMELCHILI posted:

it bothered me that getting spotted was an instant fail but didnt actually restart you,

thats because you can kill everyone if you're good and unlock the doors :)

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

extremebuff posted:

thats because you can kill everyone if you're good and unlock the doors :)

those dudes seemed way too meaty with a one hit kill attack for that to seem enjoyable to me lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HORMELCHILI posted:

those dudes seemed way too meaty with a one hit kill attack for that to seem enjoyable to me lol

yeah if youre entering it when you're -supposed- to youll get murdered lol but you could also potentially walk in there with eight +30 atk royal broadswords and liquify the place

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

extremebuff posted:

yeah if youre entering it when you're -supposed- to youll get murdered lol but you could also potentially walk in there with eight +30 atk royal broadswords and liquify the place

yea but you would break all of them and walk out with just a few bananas for the effort.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I love the way they get super excited about seeing a banana

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

blowing into a banana as an alarm, also good

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I rode a log so far through the sky that the game had to pause for a second after it landed. such a sick game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

I rode a log so far through the sky that the game had to pause for a second after it landed. such a sick game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXk5fY8ub_w

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i figured out a good way to deal with guardians today: when they're about to unleash the laser blast, stasis them and strafe them. it resets the timer and confuses them so that you can start hacking legs, or lining up criticals on their eyes. it's time to clear the room beneath the northeast labyrinth.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Gigante posted:

I love the way they get super excited about seeing a banana

the real treasure of that quest is the massive donkey kong style hoard of bananas that let me make 5 dishes of attack +3 simmered fruit

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

sector_corrector posted:

i figured out a good way to deal with guardians today: when they're about to unleash the laser blast, stasis them and strafe them. it resets the timer and confuses them so that you can start hacking legs, or lining up criticals on their eyes. it's time to clear the room beneath the northeast labyrinth.

That seems so plainly obvious now that you mention it. I could save tons not having to stock up on specialty arrows.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

sector_corrector posted:

the real treasure of that quest is the massive donkey kong style hoard of bananas that let me make 5 dishes of attack +3 simmered fruit

I was so happy to find that and it came in handy later on

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

happening on that stash was the best part of the quest lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm getting pretty close to finishing the MQ, and TBH i'm OK with spoilers at this point. i feel like a thread without spoiler tags to talk about cool poo poo would be nice. anyone else agree?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

you can go back there after bloodmoons, the place will be completely empty but the banana room is restocked ;)

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I never found the horde. Edit: hoard.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

https://youtu.be/zntiMv1c8m4

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

lol, brutal

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
exploring death mountain and finding a way to get to the goron city netted me like 30 ambers. which i immediately had to sell to buy the expensive rear end armor for the area ;(

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Whoooaaaa but they unleashed the Lynelll

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

sector_corrector posted:

exploring death mountain and finding a way to get to the goron city netted me like 30 ambers. which i immediately had to sell to buy the expensive rear end armor for the area ;(

You can get the chest piece as part of a side mission, but yeah. There's certainly no shortage of things to blow rupees on.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

tao of lmao posted:

You can get the chest piece as part of a side mission, but yeah. There's certainly no shortage of things to blow rupees on.

not to mention you only really need 2 pieces, there's only 2 levels of the buff it gets you, even though most people are gonna get all three anyway.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm gonna buy all the armor cause all of it owns

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Plebian Parasite posted:

not to mention you only really need 2 pieces, there's only 2 levels of the buff it gets you, even though most people are gonna get all three anyway.

The set bonus is pretty nice though.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
what's the full set bonus for the flamebreaker armor?

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

sector_corrector posted:

what's the full set bonus for the flamebreaker armor?

Nothing sets you on fire and you can freely walk/climb over the glowy orange bits of rock. Lava is still no bueno, but pretty much everything else won't hurt you.

Zora set still the most convenient one I've found yet, however.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i found my 3rd or 4th bug in like 50 hours of playtime: a rock on the northern side of death mountain doesn't have collision detection. if i was a games posters i'd write a paragraph about how this ruined the game for me.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I find it very hard to play other games right now because this game owns too much

When I go back to playing Horizon I'm gonna try to glide off everything and keep dying because I'm gonna keep wishing I had a sweet glider

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i beat it. i didn't stick around for the whole credits because something came up... is that where you get your % complete? anyway:

going into the final fight prepared and w/ all four divine beasts made it very manageable. i think i might explore hyrule castle a bit more, but leave the rest of the exploration on my map till the DLC. calamity gannon is a really good final boss, and i ended up using all of the beast powers to defeat him, which felt satisfying and climactic. the only part i didn't like is that it gave me my worse horse to use in the final stage of the fight. this game is a straight 10/10 for me, and in the running for the best game i've ever played. thank you nintendo.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Lol the horse god

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i beat it. i didn't stick around for the whole credits because something came up... is that where you get your % complete? anyway:

going into the final fight prepared and w/ all four divine beasts made it very manageable. i think i might explore hyrule castle a bit more, but leave the rest of the exploration on my map till the DLC. calamity gannon is a really good final boss, and i ended up using all of the beast powers to defeat him, which felt satisfying and climactic. the only part i didn't like is that it gave me my worse horse to use in the final stage of the fight. this game is a straight 10/10 for me, and in the running for the best game i've ever played. thank you nintendo.

The completion percentage I think is on your slate now? I haven't checked.

Also there are one or two post-credits scenes depending on how much you did before killing Ganon that you might've missed.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I have no ability to stop playing this game. Something like 9 straight hours after work yesterday.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Death Mountain region is rad

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
If I'm not going to be crafting and upgrading the circlets and earrings from Gerudo town there's no reason to keep any of the gems (outside of random side quests) right?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

holy poo poo, good work corey
https://twitter.com/geneticjen/status/843024770899873792

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

jisforjosh posted:

If I'm not going to be crafting and upgrading the circlets and earrings from Gerudo town there's no reason to keep any of the gems (outside of random side quests) right?

some of the other armor sets need gems to be upgraded to the max

• Locked thread