Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I got called into work like a lummox, but new PS4 goons get Hanales of someone to add you to the Goon Souls group, we try to get on regularly to co-op/curbstomp :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Filthy Monkey posted:

So I haven't really played DS3 since release, which I murderfucked with the pre-nerf FUGs. I was thinking of booting it back up again for the DLC. I tend to have a fondness for giant weapons and big numbers. In DS2 I enjoyed the large club, the greatsword, and FUGs. In DS1 I was quite a big fan of the BKGA and the BK polearm. What would be fun for me to play with in DS3? Any good looking weapons in that vein coming out for the expansion?

I also did have a lightning dude in DS2 which I enjoyed. Mostly the lightning heide knight spear, with lightning blade, while also throwing lightning. Anything that kind of fits that theme?

The Black Knight weapons are in top form again, if you want to try those. They finally fixed poise too, which grants hyper amor while using large weapons. If you want to go heavy weapons + lightning, try a Refined Lothric Knight Greatsword. It comes pre-infused with lightning but is unique in that it is still enchantable/infusable, so you can rub Lightning Blade on it and deal absurd per-hit damage (approx ~450 phys + ~350 lightning).

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Mar 17, 2017

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

The Black Knight weapons are in top form again, if you want to try those. They finally fixed poise too, which grants hyper amor while using large weapons. If you want to go heavy weapons + lightning, try a Refined Lothric Knight Greatsword. It comes pre-infused with lightning but is unique in that it is still enchantable/infusable, so you can rub Lightning Blade on it and deal absurd per-hit damage (approx ~450 phys + ~350 lightning).

That's awesome, I'm gonna use that build when the DLC comes out.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I remember getting excited about this regarding the dragonslayer axe and had my hopes dashed. Wasn't it that each damage type got reduced by innate defenses? So a triple or quadruple damage weapon dealt way less then one or two types?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Raptor1033 posted:

I remember getting excited about this regarding the dragonslayer axe and had my hopes dashed. Wasn't it that each damage type got reduced by innate defenses? So a triple or quadruple damage weapon dealt way less then one or two types?

I'm rocking a Dark Dragonslayer Axe and a Chaos Astora Greatsword and it's pretty great, since everything is weak to one of those things, pretty much.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Raptor1033 posted:

wait does putting lighting on the LGS not just increase it's innate lightning damage? i just kind of assumed that's what it did, so i never really checked it.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Raptor1033 posted:

Yes, multiple damage types are generally worse, but putting the same kind of enchantment on a weapon is extremely efficient. Generally the problem is that the split damage types are too low, but with stacked infusion + enchantment, the numbers get high enough to bust through defenses properly. The damage numbers you get on a regular hit are already being passed through lightning defense, so that means nearly every extra point of damage that Lightning Blade adds is effectively unresisted.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Aaahhhh so double down instead of diversify, gotcha! Also, gently caress you shrine of Amana paths!

Edit: also, for your amusement. I basically got my head held underwater in the drangleic acid pool by two enemies while I shouted "kill me!"
like Arnold from the Predator. All I wanted was some loot! Busted all my poo poo before the I could kill them or they me.

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Mar 17, 2017

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Raptor1033 posted:

Aaahhhh so double down instead of diversify, gotcha! Also, gently caress you shrine of Amana paths!

Absolutely, you want to min-max and stack every number as high as possible. Trying to jack-of-all-trades it just won't work out like you want it to, cause you just won't have the stats to do anything worth a drat.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
I haven't purchased the 1st dlc yet and I'm playing through on NG at around sl 87. I'm currently at the road to sacrifices. At what point does the DLC pick up and should I wait to enter at a higher sl?

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

rotaryfun posted:

I haven't purchased the 1st dlc yet and I'm playing through on NG at around sl 87. I'm currently at the road to sacrifices. At what point does the DLC pick up and should I wait to enter at a higher sl?

The DLC is available from the Cathedral, which is the next zone (there are 2 zones from the Road To Sacrifices, if you're in a horrible stinking swamp full of poison, you've gone the wrong way). People say you can take it on at SL 90 or so, though if you're a beginner (or a wimp like me) then it's better to wait until you're way closer to the end game.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Gerblyn posted:

The DLC is available from the Cathedral, which is the next zone (there are 2 zones from the Road To Sacrifices, if you're in a horrible stinking swamp full of poison, you've gone the wrong way). People say you can take it on at SL 90 or so, though if you're a beginner (or a wimp like me) then it's better to wait until you're way closer to the end game.

Sl90 is almost endgame.

You can absolutely take it on as low as sl60 if you're experienced. It just means having upgraded weapons.

It's also not a bad idea if you wanna try and get in there and run for items and weapons. There's not a lot of roadblocks so you could even make it to the bosses with clever sneaking around and kiting.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

Ineffiable posted:

Sl90 is almost endgame.

You can absolutely take it on as low as sl60 if you're experienced. It just means having upgraded weapons.

It's also not a bad idea if you wanna try and get in there and run for items and weapons. There's not a lot of roadblocks so you could even make it to the bosses with clever sneaking around and kiting.

Well when I said NG, I meant NG+ I guess. I've played through it once already.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Ineffiable posted:

Sl90 is almost endgame.

I'm getting confused with DS2, aren't I :/

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Cathedral of the Deep is off of the road of sacrifice? Whoops, thought it was under the skeleton area. Still need to grab that cathedral knight greatsword

In other news man Woljnir is a chump.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Can someone add me to the PS4 group? tomzombie808

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I can when I get home in about an hour or so

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all

Raptor1033 posted:

Edit: also, for your amusement. I basically got my head held underwater in the drangleic acid pool by two enemies while I shouted "kill me!"
like Arnold from the Predator. All I wanted was some loot! Busted all my poo poo before the I could kill them or they me.

Strip naked for acid pools, problem solved :)

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

If you don't meet the requirements for a shield, does blocking drain more stamina?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I think you get staggered pathetically by just about anything and the shield takes way longer to raise

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Gerblyn posted:

I'm getting confused with DS2, aren't I :/

Just a little. I'd agree that sl90 is almost required for ds2. Every enemy hits like a truck in all 3 dlcs.

In AoA, if you avoid the bigger enemies, most other ones are very manageable at around sl50.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
oh gently caress i forgot about my DS2 playthrough. poo poo i guess that return to drangleic thing is over by now but i dont think that'll stop people from playing the game like they were before zelda came out

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

You've been added fellow goon.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Is there a steam group?

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Darth Windu posted:

In other news man Woljnir is a chump.

he's pretty easy as long as his AI doesn't glitch out and decide to do something arbitrary like kill you in one hit from his sword regardless of your health, or permanently loop into his summon and release sword animation, making it almost impossible to actually chop his hands, or decide that his poison smog actually covers the whole arena no matter where you're standing.

I've gotten burned fighting him

also his lair is one of the most obvious places in the game where the devs must've run out of development money because there's entire bricks in his room with no texture, they're just pure white boxes.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Freaking Crumbum posted:

he's pretty easy as long as his AI doesn't glitch out and decide to do something arbitrary like kill you in one hit from his sword regardless of your health, or permanently loop into his summon and release sword animation, making it almost impossible to actually chop his hands, or decide that his poison smog actually covers the whole arena no matter where you're standing.

I've gotten burned fighting him

also his lair is one of the most obvious places in the game where the devs must've run out of development money because there's entire bricks in his room with no texture, they're just pure white boxes.

I've never seen him pull out a sword lol

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Are there no character creation mods out there? No new wide selection of hair or beards to choose from?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Grouchio posted:

Hey guys I've started playing DS3 for the first time since Christmas, and I just tried to make Mozgus from Berserk. How did I do?

This is really really good, but he needs to be like 10x fatter.

Now I wanna make a Serpico build...

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Now I wanna make a Serpico build...

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

quote:

The Ringed City DLC is the final DLC for Dark Souls 3. It is slated to release on March 28th, 2017.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

(Yes I know those are different movies but its both Pacino sue me)

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Freaking Crumbum posted:

They actually textured those blocks in a recent patch.

Grouchio posted:

Are there no character creation mods out there? No new wide selection of hair or beards to choose from?

There's no mods... at all, really. The few ones that exist like the first-person mod are liable to get you banned, too.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Darth Windu posted:

I've never seen him pull out a sword lol

in NG+ he does it all the time. I got the AI glitch where he swung and rewound up constantly so I could never hit his right bangle.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Lots of hackers out tonight on PC :(.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

They are good with the cyber.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Some guy did do some cool super slam wrestling thing but, the rest are boring infinite HP/stamina guys.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

hanales posted:

in NG+ he does it all the time. I got the AI glitch where he swung and rewound up constantly so I could never hit his right bangle.

I've popped his weak spots with arrows before.

I've found out that wearing thorn armor adds damage to the crossbows tackle skill. Similar to quickstep. New challenge run ahoy!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Today I made this guy!

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Any people with a spare set of warden twinblades? I've been trying to get a set for the better part of 2 hours, and nothing.

Edit: nevermind, finally dropped.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Mar 18, 2017

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol that's always how it works. You need gloves? Fuckloads of boots, armor, and helmets. Etc, etc, etc...

Grouchio posted:

Today I made this guy!

Kinda looks like a swastika

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I was thinking sad Shia lebouf.