Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I mean, I don't actually know the one. Like, I assume it's the "wot's his name then" but I would have assumed it was the "Waffen-SSM" one if they hadn't already run that one.
Yep, that's the one.

Apparently it was up on a screen during his funeral.

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Mar 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Australia, if you don't stop memorializing Bill leak as if he was some free speech activist I'll have no choice but to take a plane there for the express goal of drilling a hole into his grave and defecating into it.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

MageMage posted:

Could someone explain this one to me? Also whats the red puddle?
It's hard to say definitively but I'm gonna guess the two people on the left are supposed to be transgender or gender non-conforming. So the message is just "rear end in a top hat suddenly finds himself needing kindness from the people he was an rear end in a top hat to."

The red puddle is probably just a stylistic thing :shrug:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

MageMage posted:

Could someone explain this one to me? Also whats the red puddle?

Former North Carolina Pat McCrory spent the past year fighting against the city of Charlotte, which had passed a non-discrimination ordinance that included protection for gender identity. That meant businesses couldn't discriminate on things like bathroom accommodations for transgender people. The state quickly overrode that with their own law that blew up in their faces when businesses and the NBA decided to move elsewhere. McCrory then lost his re-election and is now complaining that he can't find a new job because people think he's a bigot.

I think the puddle is just a shadow?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

That's the most interesting resignation letter since David Gemmell made his boss the villain of his fourth novel.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Australia, if you don't stop memorializing Bill leak as if he was some free speech activist I'll have no choice but to take a plane there for the express goal of drilling a hole into his grave and defecating into it.
The hard right think they represent the silent majority in Australia and since the WA state election on Saturday basically replied with "lol no you don't" they've double and tripled down to the point where it looks like they have lost their minds. This week in Australian politics has been bizarre.

David Rowe update, taken from his twitter:

#1:

Vomiting man is Minister for Immigration and Border Protection Peter Dutton, currently flagged as a potential rival for Prime Minister.
This week 20 of the top Australian business leaders argued in favour of same sex marriage laws to the government. Dutton has replied with repeated attacks against them, quote: “We’re in a politically correct age it seems, which I can’t tolerate and I think a lot of Australians are of the same view."
The Coopers beer is a reference to the brewery sponsoring the Bible Society and an ad featuring two Liberal politicians saying to take it light on the SSM debate like Coopers Light, in what some analysts are already stating as the worst marketing campaign of 2017.

#2: :911:

#3: A caricature of Gustave Flaubert

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Mar 17, 2017

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

there's probably easier ways than flying a plane into a grave

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
This thread might appreciate this: Watch the Onion Knight blank the PM at Leak's funeral.

https://twitter.com/TheMurdochTimes/status/842619250686607360

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

UGH why aren't these women celebrating a women for her achievement of putting a misogynistic sexual predator in power??

I do appreciate leftists appropriating "SO MUCH FOR THE TOLERANT LEFT!!" for comedy since it's such absurd crocodile tears and not worth even giving any sort of consideration to.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Hold on to your butts:

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
I'm the immaculate Aryan child discovering his interest in bondage hair daddies.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

mandatory lesbian posted:

gotta be honest, even tho i don't like steak like that, i can't care about trump liking it at all

I just don't understand why americans care so much about what other people eat. They get mad about what you put on pizza, how you eat a steak, etc. It's very weird.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

twoday posted:

Hold on to your butts:

Yeah I'm thinking this is a bamboozle

That doesn't look like Garrison's style and Garrison edits are A Thing already

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Lurdiak posted:

I just don't understand why americans care so much about what other people eat. They get mad about what you put on pizza, how you eat a steak, etc. It's very weird.

DIJON ARUGULA

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Lurdiak posted:

it's the dumbest thing

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

oddium posted:

it's the dumbest thing

:yeah:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Surely not just Americans care how other people eat food.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

It's not just Americans.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.7482733c65ca

Getting upset because someone else is enjoying something the WRONG WAY is part of the human condition.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

Surely not just Americans care how other people eat food.

Obviously not, but they are the most rabid and creepy about it.

That's just American cultural imperialism in action. Bad ideas spreading like a virus, one hell of a bad meme machine.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

There's probably a cave painting somewhere depicting that fucker Ogg for eating his mammoth trunk first instead of saving for last like a civilized person.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Me, I prefer to blame the Irish immigrants for bringing that poo poo here.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39261330

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I guess they should be happy he didn't grab their pussy.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

twoday posted:

Hold on to your butts:

that's a really badly drawn hammer & sickle symbol

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Anyone got the Ramirez's response to the secret service visit cartoon?

Also, I was sure he published an "the American flag is at half-mast" cartoon after Obama beat Romney, but I can't find it anywhere.

Edit - oh yeah, and any place I can find his pre-2008 cartoons?

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Mar 17, 2017

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

twoday posted:

Hold on to your butts:

STOB WHITE OPPRSSION

I'm the black guy's hosed-up fingers.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

twoday posted:

Hold on to your butts:

So, who really made that?

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
If it isn't already apparent to somebody, yeah that's a Zyklon Ben edit. From like 2015.

edit: source is probably this http://edelhert89.deviantart.com/art/American-Progress-547496743 and then someone slapped the Garrison signature on it.

Trogdos! fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Mar 17, 2017

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What was the original?

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
Personally I think its really cool that those people are accepting of a spider person, no matter what their faith

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

What was the original?

Probably just the same thing without the Garrison signature on it

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I wonder how Red Panels' job hunt is going.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

OldTennisCourt posted:

Pat McCrory, who signed North Carolina’s HB2 bill, can’t find work because people think he’s a “bigot”

In business, greed comes before conservativism.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Xander77 posted:

Anyone got the Ramirez's response to the secret service visit cartoon?

Edit - oh yeah, and any place I can find his pre-2008 cartoons?

Ramirez cartoons going back to at least 2001 are on cagle.com, but I'm not sure if it's possible to browse them easily. The second cartoon is from August 2, 2003 and has the relatively intuitive URL http://cdn.cagle.com/working/030802/ramirez.gif.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Kill yourself, Rose.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
No JRRose is innocent and pure and just doesn't understand what he's saying

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

OldTennisCourt posted:

I hope he finds a job in which he is forced to work with people from diverse backgrounds and slowly comes to realize that we're not so different after all :unsmith:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Person A: "Hey, we're having a service for a respected political cartoonist this afternoon."
Person B: "Righto, what's his name then?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

twoday posted:

Hold on to your butts:

I
AM
GOD

i wish i knew how to center text

• Locked thread