Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Definitely around ages ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Zaphod42 posted:

Wait when did they change the notifications on PS4?

Ugh I liked it so much better before :negative:

They changed it in the big update last week. It's annoying that they combined everything but on the other hand, you still can look at downloads separately (hit options, it's there) and you no longer have to mark them as read for the badge number to go away. It just automatically detects them as read when you back out.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Question about Horizon; Am I going to get a map leading me to the location of Ruins at some point, or are they all story things?

The main story missions all take you through ruins of some sort but a couple are side areas, mostly in the first half of the game.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Sakurazuka posted:

Somehow missed it entirely, had no idea it was coming out.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well I wasn't expecting Cedric Daniels to make an appearance in HZD :stare:.

Sakurazuka posted:

GoG.com's offering a 20% discount if you preorder the PC version there, incidentally.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well I wasn't expecting Cedric Daniels to make an appearance in HZD :stare:.

Like, the actor does a voice for the game? Or the police officer character inexplicably exists in the world of HZD?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Lobok posted:

Like, the actor does a voice for the game? Or the police officer character inexplicably exists in the world of HZD?

Lance Reddick plays a major supporting character in the game and they also modeled his face for it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lobok posted:

The actor, with his facial likeness modeled.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

There should be an option in the game like with Witcher 3's DLC "alternate looks" to have Reddick's character be outfitted in his full police uniform.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The HZD lore comes together very well, pretty much every important question the early game raises is answered by the end.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I haven't used the US store in a while but is it like the Japanese store where every game has one of two star ratings: 4, which means nothing in particular, and 3 which means don't waste your time? I have never seen any rating other than that. I have never rated a game either and don't know if I even know how.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

exquisite tea posted:

Lance Reddick plays a major supporting character in the game and they also modeled his face for it.

Did he finally get his iconic slave role?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaWa4ScfQXc

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

I haven't used the US store in a while but is it like the Japanese store where every game has one of two star ratings: 4, which means nothing in particular, and 3 which means don't waste your time? I have never seen any rating other than that. I have never rated a game either and don't know if I even know how.

No the us store has a meaningless likes system instead of stars. There is no dislike option

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I've never actually looked at the rating system for PSN games. I just crowd source reviews from yall.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I finally checked out Deadly Tower of Monsters and it's exactly like playing a B sci fi film, and the commentary is pretty great

Real hurthling! posted:

No the us store has a meaningless likes system instead of stars. There is no dislike option

US store has stars if you go to the website, I'm pretty sure, because I know I've seen them

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

morallyobjected posted:

I finally checked out Deadly Tower of Monsters and it's exactly like playing a B sci fi film, and the commentary is pretty great

US store has stars if you go to the website, I'm pretty sure, because I know I've seen them

Weird i gotta look again

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

exquisite tea posted:

I guess I should probably start doing story quests because I'm level 35 and the idea of the game having "major supporting characters" seems unbelievable to me

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Guess I should probably get HZD... my next PS4 purchase was gonna be UC4...

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

It does have a star rating system but I don't actually know how to use it. Of course virtually anything liked by anyone has close to 5 stars.

It works well as a warning light for lovely PSVR games though because a bunch of the lovely ones have one or 2 stars.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FishBulb posted:

I guess I should probably start doing story quests because I'm level 35 and the idea of the game having "major supporting characters" seems unbelievable to me

It's quite a small cast, but there are several recurring/quest chain characters once you reach the western half of the world.

Fuzz posted:

HZD is many times the size of Uncharted, you can probably one and done UC4 while waiting for HZD to be delivered.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

haveblue posted:

It's quite a small cast, but there are several recurring/quest chain characters once you reach the western half of the world.

HZD is many times the size of Uncharted, you can probably one and done UC4 while waiting for HZD to be delivered.

Well I gotta pick one, for now. Love me some UC, though, and I only just finished all of Witcher 3 on PC.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Fuzz posted:

I like the Uncharted games a lot, but I honestly think HZD is a cut above 4.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Fuzz posted:

Get Uncharted 4 since it's like $30 on Amazon, play that, then go get HZD in a month when Amazon will undoubtably have a sale for 25% off or something.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Things are going well, I see.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Nier is so good it got me to put down Horizon for 2 whole days :stare:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I think Horizon is a better gameplay game but Automata is way more memorable

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

there is nothing as good in Horizon as the opera boss in Automata but it's not like it's a losing competition.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
So far it's also the first Platinum game I've played that isn't full of insane bullshit (I still love Vanquish but daaaaaaaaamn)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

precision posted:

So far it's also the first Platinum game I've played that isn't full of insane bullshit (I still love Vanquish but daaaaaaaaamn)

Nier is jam-packed with insane bullshit, what are you talking about

It's great insane bullshit but still

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he's probably talking about the gameplay if I had to guess

tho that does do some interesting stuff as well

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Arist posted:

Nier is jam-packed with insane bullshit, what are you talking about

It's great insane bullshit but still

Nothing bullshit about Nier's insanity. It is in fact extremely good poo poo.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I just drunkenly bought the first Nier for $40 on eBay woooo!!!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
YEah I meant "insanely hard bullshit". It's also possible that after playing so many of their games I've just gotten gud

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

normal is just easy. hard is supposed to be actually pretty hard tho. you get oneshot by stuff I guess? idk this is 2nd hand info

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I am already plowing through Nier, hence I need to line up the next purchase.

(Nier is goddamn amazing)

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Maybe some more God Of War news soon?

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
In HZD weapon mods don't impart attributes on ammo that doesn't already have that attribute, right? I feel dumb but I'm having a hard time understanding tear in context with all the other elements.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Quote-Unquote posted:

Holy poo poo when was Full Throttle announced?! Preordered for under a tenner on the UK store.

A bit after DoTT Remastered was released I believe.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Kratos kid looks weird and he looks like a lil rear end in a top hat. Which I guess makes sense since his dad is a weird looking rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

normal is just easy. hard is supposed to be actually pretty hard tho. you get oneshot by stuff I guess? idk this is 2nd hand info

Hard is take more damage and no lock on, Very Hard is one-hit death