Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
That's a real lovely thing to do. It reinforces the narrative that LGBTQ stuff is not normal/inherently sexual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Mr. Fowl posted:

That's a real lovely thing to do. It reinforces the narrative that LGBTQ stuff is not normal/inherently sexual.

Same thing happened with anything involving candid talks about depression, other mental illnesses and suicide.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Is this a new thing? A lot of ad stuff is overly and unthinkingly strict just because most of the time nobody pitches a fit over content not shown, but three jillion assholes go nuclear at the possibility that they might have to explain to Aydyn or Lakynn why that man kissed that other man, or that their little angel had to briefly be aware that suffering exists.

Hypothetical angry consumers: the real drivers of subject matter.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Mischalaniouse posted:

Apparently YouTube has been age-restricting videos relating to LBGTQ issues.

Kim Justice talks about it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23RyWr_0gHU

i am willing to bet this is more because of alt-right pieces of poo poo going around flagging videos because iirc enough people doing that makes the video get gated automatically

which is still lovely as gently caress and shouldn't be how youtube works in the first place, but then pretty much everything about how youtube treats content creators has been bad and continually worsening for years and years

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Vanderdeath posted:

Yes, most racists of that ilk are smug as hell. That gameshow poo poo he did to Zoe Quinn a while back should've been a warning.

zoe quinn is a horrible person, so in your case there it's like comparing rotted apples to rotted oranges

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

spit on my clit posted:

zoe quinn is a horrible person, so in your case there it's like comparing rotted apples to rotted oranges

:jerkbag:

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

spit on my clit posted:

Elaborate.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

spit on my clit posted:

hello gbs man

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

spit on my clit posted:

You shame Koichi.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Countdown to them rattling off the same old list of poo poo that's been knocked down a million times by people not buying into the narrative now.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Mischalaniouse posted:

spit on my clit posted:

Elaborate.

ohgodno.

[BEGIN COUNTER-HORRID DERAIL ATTEMPT]

Hay look, guys! Hbomberguy did a thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pEfhgG3Ocw

'sgot Dan Olsen in it.

It's a thing on the internet critiquing something!

its a video...

It's not that other thing.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Also has Lindsay Ellis doing a crazy German accent

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I love how Hbomb has other YouTube people do his voice overs, its very entertaining.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

KayTee posted:

ohgodno.

'sgot Dan Olsen in it.

its a video...

PUAs seem like such sad, broken human beings that they're utterly fascinating. There's no sense of satisfaction for them, just being terrible to women for a small sense of superiority before the women ultimately leave their asses.

spit on my clit posted:

Yes, Zoe Quinn who did equally ethically terrible things as JonTron such as:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Mischalaniouse posted:

Apparently YouTube has been age-restricting videos relating to LBGTQ issues.

Kim Justice talks about it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23RyWr_0gHU

I havent't seen it, but I presume that it's massively ironic that this video has also been age-restricted.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Mar 17, 2017

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Vanderdeath posted:

Yes, Zoe Quinn who did equally ethically terrible things as JonTron such as:

Goddamnit you even quoted the counter-derail attempt.

YOU EVEN QUOTED THE COUNTER-DERAIL ATTEMPT!

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

KayTee posted:

'sgot Dan Olsen in it.

its a video...

I don't think more than a minute went by in this video where I wasn't just grimacing at the monstrous piles of poo poo these people are.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I havent't seen it, but I presume that it's massively ironic that this video has also been age-restricted.

I don't even see age-restricted, I just see a dead-rear end link that claims it's "unavailable". Flagged into the ground?

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

KayTee posted:

Goddamnit you even quoted the counter-derail attempt.

YOU EVEN QUOTED THE COUNTER-DERAIL ATTEMPT!

I'm sorry, friend :negative: It won't happen again

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

END ME SCOOB posted:

I don't even see age-restricted, I just see a dead-rear end link that claims it's "unavailable". Flagged into the ground?

And it's also private? I'm not well versed with all the arcane lore of Youtube content creators.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

She had to restrict the video on the main channel since dorks were being lovely to her about this not being gaming content.

It's reuploaded on her gender chat YouTube channel, which she posted on Twitter and ATM I can't retrieve it due to phone posting.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Yardbomb posted:

I don't think more than a minute went by in this video where I wasn't just grimacing at the monstrous piles of poo poo these people are.

The creepiest part was around when one of them described sex as merely "an expression of power" (exchange? can't remember the exact wording). That is like the textbook psychological undercurrent to rapists. These guys don't want sex, they don't even want companionship, they want something harrowingly dark.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I just figured out a way to redeem Zoe Quinn from all of the supposed crimes laid at her feet.

She did them all ironically. It was just a joke. If you don't think its funny, then you have a bad sense of humour and want to ban free speech.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Kunster posted:

She had to restrict the video on the main channel since dorks were being lovely to her about this not being gaming content.

It's reuploaded on her gender chat YouTube channel, which she posted on Twitter and ATM I can't retrieve it due to phone posting.

If you can link it later that'd be nice, I didn't know that was a thing, both the channel or the topic

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

quote:

ohgodno.

'sgot Dan Olsen in it.

its a video...

This is excellent, but should also be paired with the Contra Points video on the same subject, and the Reggie Yates documentary he talks about. The second one if only for the section where Yates, who has always come across as someone who is amiable and sincere, tries to get in contact with Roosh and is inundated with accusations that hes a part of some kind of BBC feminist conspiracy to undermine the PUA cause.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

END ME SCOOB posted:

If you can link it later that'd be nice, I didn't know that was a thing, both the channel or the topic

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nin9DegGS0M

(This isn't my gender chat channel as such, although I'm likely gonna use it for vlogs and so on because screw using the main channel, lol)

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Thank you kindly.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Why does every picture of Matt Forney look like he longs to throw himself in front of the closest fast-moving object? Every time I see that one of him standing at that train station at night that he uses as his go to publicity photo, it makes me think: "Last known picture of the deceased."

Also, Matt Forney is into fat shaming and is obese himself. That's some Milo-level self-hatred there, folks.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

nine-gear crow posted:

Why does every picture of Matt Forney look like he longs to throw himself in front of the closest fast-moving object? Every time I see that one of him standing at that train station at night that he uses as his go to publicity photo, it makes me think: "Last known picture of the deceased."

Also, Matt Forney is into fat shaming and is obese himself. That's some Milo-level self-hatred there, folks.

Matt Forney has bought into the MRA/Alt Right mentality so hard it's the only thing he has. If he gained a single ounce of self-awareness and tried to actually improve himself, his entire worldview would fall apart and he would be left with nothing.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Everything you need to know about Matt Forney is encapsulated in these two comments on a jezebel article about him:

quote:

This guy went to my high school. It actually makes me laugh when I read this stuff because the image he creates for himself is SO HILARIOUSLY FAR from reality. I remember him as an overweight, pants up to his boobs, trombone player who ran to class like a duck and couldn't look any attractive girl in the eye.

It is pretty sad when I think about it. I'm not sure he was ever categorically bullied but he was certainly socially excluded in school. I'd be surprised to learn he had any friends. If he actually believes any of what he writes, it will be because for years he recognized what other people saw him as, a band geek that looked 12 when he was 17. A weirdo who could never get a girl's attention, an outsider. Even calling himself "the most hated man on the internet" is telling, everything he writes is a cry for acknowledgment. He doesn't care if you hate him as long as you see him! It's a way for him to collect some personal power that he hasn't owned his whole life. I'd be curious to know what his family life was like...
http://rooshnme.blogspot.com/2013/12/giving-matt-forney-break.html

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Fatburger: FOR CUCKS ONLY

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

*walks into thread*
"Kyle Kallgren is Hitler"
*leaves, never to be seen again*

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

So when hbomb includes the bit about Dan Olsen "infiltrating" the Return of Kings meet up, is there a larger video of Dan making fun of PUAs. If there is I cannot find and would like to.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I think that was just a bit he did for HBomb's video.

Probably explain the long production time Hbomb was apologising for.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

NEVER APOLOGIZE HBOMB!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jack Gladney posted:

NEVER APOLOGIZE HBOMB!

it reduces your value and now none of us want to gently caress you!!!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I also applaud women looking like outer space cyborgs.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

SteelMentor posted:

I think that was just a bit he did for HBomb's video.

Probably explain the long production time Hbomb was apologising for.
That's a shame I like all of his folding ideas stuff, but it seems like a bunch of videos are missing from his youtube channel.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Jack Gladney posted:

Everything you need to know about Matt Forney is encapsulated in these two comments on a jezebel article about him:

http://rooshnme.blogspot.com/2013/12/giving-matt-forney-break.html

He doxxed the linked blogger for daring to feel empathy for him. Matt Forney was terrified of a woman who turned out to be a 60 something assistant college professor. Like a real Alpha is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Really amazing video from Hbomberguy
Just wanna point out that Roosh says talking to girls about your feelings is a terrible idea but also that other guys are beta loser cucks who are too scared to talk about their feelings with women. lol

• Locked thread