Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

MMAgCh posted:

Today's :gaz: moment: people receiving 600 splinters to compensate for the removal of an unusable/duplicate stash tab when Asros had gone on record as saying there would be no compensation for its removal. This probably is an unintended side effect of people receiving compensation (which was meant to happen) for the removal of a different unusable/duplicate stash tab.

I think? gently caress if I know. :iiam:

Dope, free splinters to unlock recently released high quality characters such as

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I finally deleted my additional stashes like two weeks ago. :shrug:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So I got Juggernaut to 10. He made me realize Momentum dudes are... okay? Like, I could just run around to build Momentum, then do a move. With Jugg, he seems to want to tank loving everything as he's building meter (complete with an invulnerability power). Thankfully, his lunges also build meter... every so often.

I think the game wants me to get all the trial heroes to 10? Or will they always be there even if I just pick one dude and be done with it.

Also, the Shield Agent they give you is... well I'd tell ya but after a bit he stopped spawning. :shrug:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

You can always play any character you don't have to level 10.

With the Shield Agent press 'i' to bring up his inventory - there'll be three big buttons on the top right that will set him to either be out permanently, come out and do extra damage for a little bit, or just come in every now and then and do stuff. At a low level he probably doesn't have many Away skills so he'll spend a lot of time doing nothing if he's not out. Press 'k' to summon him - there's a cooldown displayed to the left of your actionbar in purple for him.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

so. much. naruto.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
What do you expect? Only idiots do ICP.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

And every fight takes 5x as long as it should because below 25% health everyone holds off on using their sig because the achievement for killing "martial artist" bosses requires last-hitting with your sig.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Toshimo posted:

What do you expect? Only idiots do ICP.

Got to do cult wave and jumpman kills in icp

If anyone else is dumb enough to do the immortal weapon title cheevos you can do the destruction with any hero. I used cage and cage was here for that.

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

And every fight takes 5x as long as it should because below 25% health everyone holds off on using their sig because the achievement for killing "martial artist" bosses requires last-hitting with your sig.

Only batroc is only in patrol I think

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Jusupov posted:

Only batroc is only in patrol I think
Real hell is getting the Gorgon-Deathstrike-Bullseye-Elektra wave in MM and watching the game turn into a loving moba laning phase as people laser focus on delivering the killing blow to the exclusion of anything else. Then you get 0 of 4 because Gaz coding

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Real hell is getting the Gorgon-Deathstrike-Bullseye-Elektra wave in MM and watching the game turn into a loving moba laning phase as people laser focus on delivering the killing blow to the exclusion of anything else. Then you get 0 of 4 because Gaz coding

All of those are in story. Stonestare is a doom term boss. Deathstrike has her own new area in mutant town. Bullseye and elektra can easily be killed at green fisk.

Don't have to do anything special for the wave completion.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Jusupov posted:

All of those are in story. Stonestare is a doom term boss. Deathstrike has her own new area in mutant town. Bullseye and elektra can easily be killed at green fisk.

Don't have to do anything special for the wave completion.
Yeah but they're like...right there....

Also Gorgon's a regular spawn in Hightown anyway too. But still.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Ghostlight posted:

You can always play any character you don't have to level 10.

With the Shield Agent press 'i' to bring up his inventory - there'll be three big buttons on the top right that will set him to either be out permanently, come out and do extra damage for a little bit, or just come in every now and then and do stuff. At a low level he probably doesn't have many Away skills so he'll spend a lot of time doing nothing if he's not out. Press 'k' to summon him - there's a cooldown displayed to the left of your actionbar in purple for him.

I think all the Agent has is a grenade with his gun. But good to know I can bring him out on a whim.

I guess one more thing: What're the trap stats in terms of gear? Like, would Defense be avoided since there's such thing as Damage Resist or whatever?

Jusupov posted:

so. much. naruto.

N-no it's okay. I was gonna also try Iron Fist out too. :shepface: I bet it's real easy to tank and/or heal them.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Also Gorgon's a regular spawn in Hightown anyway too. But still.

Yeah he was bugged for me and wasn't spawning.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Gorgon also has a boss battle room in the Bamboo Forest.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Then you get 0 of 4 because you're not playing Blade.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

is this game good now?

Like does it feel better to play.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Cerepol posted:

is this game good now?

I think the overall consensus is good on the system changes. If you are new, go for it, it is a fun arpg.

I am playing this game again, but after a 12 hour workday mindless clicking is about all I can muster.

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:
Path of Exile announced that they doubled player base in last 9 months. Are we at 50% of the player base from 9 months ago?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Wow, Brevik has the magic touch.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Squirrel Girl is still pretty dang good after her nerfs. Hulkbuster squirrels got buffed a ton without being put in the patch notes. TTK's are 1:39 for pure ranged and 1:34 for melee with this build: http://marvelheroes.info/build/3442/

Come back and lead us to glory again, Kelp.

I didn't test Iron Fist 'cause I hate playing him.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
It's nice that the Hightown event required for one of the Iron Fist achievements hasn't been working right since last year or so. :waycool:

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

jujojoh posted:

Path of Exile announced that they doubled player base in last 9 months. Are we at 50% of the player base from 9 months ago?

Probably less than that, but 9 months ago we were having the anniversary stuff right off the heels of the Chapter 10 and people were probably still trying to max out omegas.

Now we have asros getting angry and punching things with no new content.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Grinning Goblin posted:

Probably less than that, but 9 months ago we were having the anniversary stuff right off the heels of the Chapter 10 and people were probably still trying to max out omegas.

Somehow, the game still has more new content than your posts.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Toshimo posted:

Somehow, the game still has more new content than your posts.

Show your work

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Grinning Goblin posted:

Show your work

Grinning Goblin posted:

very little has changed in terms of actual playable content for the end game.

Grinning Goblin posted:

Marvel Heroes 2016 2.0: Content now takes longer and is less rewarding so you don't need anything new

Grinning Goblin posted:

They didn't really add in any new content in 2.0, but they kinda changed chapters 2, 3, 5, and 6 to be super linear.

Grinning Goblin posted:

The update doesn't meany anything if they don't put out any new content. They still aren't putting out anything new, they aren't teasing any new content, and there is just a vague promise of "this update will make adding in new content easier". They are going to spend a year+ on this and all you have will be new items to grind for in the same game modes that you have been playing forever, except now things take longer to kill and you move a lot slower.

Grinning Goblin posted:

Grinning Goblin posted:

When they added in the difficulty slider, the only people who were still trying to do a bunch of the testing and posting were people who liked the movement changes and wanted the nerf the dash distance.

Grinning Goblin posted:

I think half the people defending the movement changes actually think Gaz is going to create content centered around it, and a lot of those people think that Gaz fulfilled their promise when they changed a couple of boss fights this patch. Too bad they map design or bother with mob density/skills/aggro radius which is needed for when you make a change like this.

Grinning Goblin posted:

. Also you travel a lot slower, you kill things slower, and it takes 10 times longer to earn an infinity point compared to an omega.

Grinning Goblin posted:

Someone on the O is pretty sure that people only use dashes and teleports inside of hubs to annoy him.

Grinning Goblin posted:

. The main point of infinite teleports wasn't to avoid the blatant red outline, but to just get from one worthwhile encounter to the next, it is still piss easy to avoid poo poo from bosses with the limited dashes you have now. Killing bosses a bit more slowly isn't that big of a deal since it allows them to get some abilities off, but very little has changed in terms of actual playable content for the end game.

Grinning Goblin posted:

I thought the new meta was staying awake as you slowly make your way to the fights in cmm.

Grinning Goblin posted:

The movement changes are pretty awful, but a bunch of other things are arguably better.

You are the biggest broken record in the thread. After reading your posts and finding them all to be tiresome and similar, I can say 3 things:
  1. You HATE the movement changes
  2. You are reddit-level butthurt that they focused on system design over content for the moment.
  3. You are fantastically addicted to this skinner box in ways that you can't either (a) remove yourself from or (b) shut the gently caress up about.

Do yourself a favor and go find a game you actually like.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:sbahj:

shots loving fired

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Lozareth posted:

I didn't test Iron Fist 'cause I hate playing him.

Why? iron fist is just plain fun to play even after the nerfs. Melee abilities that launch you at your target from clear across the screen should be the default for every melee character. That he just plays so much better than anyone else might be his only saving grace.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Toshimo posted:

Do yourself a favor and go find a game with people that actually like you

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
4. You have spent a poo poo load on this game and are too far gone with sunk cost fallacy.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
:trumppop:

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

malhavok posted:

Why? iron fist is just plain fun to play even after the nerfs. Melee abilities that launch you at your target from clear across the screen should be the default for every melee character. That he just plays so much better than anyone else might be his only saving grace.
Just about every melee punchman really needs the Iron Fist / Black Bolt "will move you to the target quickly with some sense of dynamism" tech/aesthetic real bad, in my humble opinion. Like it would be really cool if Thing's headbutt charged at the target if he was out of range. Instead of just missing unless you bound it to a mouse button.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Just about every melee punchman really needs the Iron Fist / Black Bolt "will move you to the target quickly with some sense of dynamism" tech/aesthetic real bad, in my humble opinion. Like it would be really cool if Thing's headbutt charged at the target if he was out of range. Instead of just missing unless you bound it to a mouse button.

My favorite thing w/r/t this is that Black Bolt had moves like this at first, but his melee sig wasn't one of them. That's just impressive.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

AzraelNewtype posted:

My favorite thing w/r/t this is that Black Bolt had moves like this at first, but his melee sig wasn't one of them. That's just impressive.
"DPS balanced around whiffing roughly 1/2-1/3 of the time" would explain why it basically does his regular sig + another packet of regular sig damage.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
I mean, his regular sig is also just weak as hell. He can't reliably cut down blue elites with it.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Nick Fury's other launch costume:

He and Medusa to hit TC "in the near future". Updates to Luke Cage, Kitty Pryde, and the Infinity system are planned to be on TC this weekend.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I suppose I did ask for that.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Cerepol posted:

is this game good now?

No

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

mods please move this thread to debate and discussion

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

:downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

widespread posted:

I think all the Agent has is a grenade with his gun. But good to know I can bring him out on a whim.

I guess one more thing: What're the trap stats in terms of gear? Like, would Defense be avoided since there's such thing as Damage Resist or whatever?
Tenacity is really the only trap stat I can think of. It's not just ineffective but unlike some other marginal stats it's something included on items as if it is effective rather than a small bonus. Some characters are more predisposed to Deflect or Dodge, that'll be listed under their Traits in the power screen, but the difference between them is minimal - all of it gets bundled in various forms to create your overall Damage Resistance stat. At high levels of gearing offensive stats outside of Damage Rating, Critical Damage Rating and Brutal Damage Rating all get put on a diminishing returns curve, so you tend to focus on those three.