Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Tender Bender posted:

I can't loving sleep out of fear that there will be extra Switch units sitting on store shelves in December. It's a drat nightmare. Even Zelda feels like ashes in my mouth.

Oh so that's what the anti-children-eating-our-carts coating tastes like!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
So is it confirmed that BoI Afterbirth+ for Nintendo Switch is a "Good Port"?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Phantasium posted:

I know it says that from the website, but I'm pretty sure when I bought Blaster Master off there, it downloaded while my system was asleep.

I believe the switch wakes itself up from time to time if you leave it in the dock but don't quote me on that. It just won't download if you leave it out of the dock.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Utnayan posted:

The argument I am making is that Nintendo announced a double down on their switch production. So with an oversupply, with a drought of content as the system picks up speed and lack of most all services on the device for the next 5-6 months, they will be over supplied and the price will drop automatically.

Simple economics. Unless the counter argument is that somehow Nintendo is going to sell all of these units due to Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart. And that's assanine.

You keep mentioning this drought of content and then I keep coming to this thread and see people buying a different game every week. And then you mention two extremely well selling games for Nintendo and think it won't help sell the console. I don't get it.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

sonic tetris? sonic majhong? the possibilities are endless

Sonic boom

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Mario Kart 8 had an insane attach rate, Mario Kart is a system seller. Splatoon is a huge system seller in Japan. Idk about 16m but I think at least 10 is reasonable.

quote:

it was announced that week-on-week Wii U console sales had risen 662%
that's uh...big.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Splatoon is such a big deal in Japan that they're airing commercials advertising that the Splatoon 2 TESTFIRE is coming. It's a big enough deal that Nintendo can spend ad money to tell people in Japan to buy a Switch because soon there'll be a DEMO for Splatoon 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-riWQkTkgw

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The thing is, with the 3DS and Wii U, they went into things expecting to ride the success from the DS and Wii into their successors. The Switch started small and they're responding based on initial success and feedback from retailers.

This is the exact opposite of the Wii U and 3DS situations, to be honest.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

This cannot be since you're actually posting in the official Switch Scalper Thread.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Policenaut posted:

Splatoon is such a big deal in Japan that they're airing commercials advertising that the Splatoon 2 TESTFIRE is coming. It's a big enough deal that Nintendo can spend ad money to tell people in Japan to buy a Switch because soon there'll be a DEMO for Splatoon 2.

Yeah like let's not forget Splatoon was so big in Japan there were Squid Sister hologram concerts. As in more than one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxkKUbNnXKE

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
hey guys...wanna buy a switch?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
well im not selling

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Policenaut posted:

Look, stop hyping up this niche product that would not have been successful on any other pla

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

well im not selling

son of a switch

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Mario Kart Wii is the sixth best selling video game in the history of video games. I think if the Switch sells significantly better than the several dozen Wii U's that were sold in its lifetime, that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will sell a ton of systems.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Splatoon soundtrack is so good as well :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4k1NdUEUP4

I am legit sad Miiverse is dead so we won't get awesome art in the plaza for Splatoon 2

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I want MK8 Deluxe DLC packs as well.

More race tracks
More battle tracks

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Infinitum posted:

Splatoon soundtrack is so good as well :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4k1NdUEUP4

I am legit sad Miiverse is dead so we won't get awesome art in the plaza for Splatoon 2

:yeah:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
IF they announce Smash4 is coming to Switch it's pretty much game over the system is going to print money.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

IF they announce Smash4 is coming to Switch it's pretty much game over the system is going to print money.

E3 this year is going to be super interesting for poo poo like this :allears:

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Infinitum posted:

i may end up buying a nintendo switch at the end of the year if E3 turn out good, i just can't buy it now since i already have a console that play zelda already. but mario looks good and he is in new york city now, i hope he get to beat up trump, the bowser of the real world. i hope the console get more handheld style 3rd party then skyrim or mass effect like poo poo.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 17, 2017

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Olivil posted:

So is it confirmed that BoI Afterbirth+ for Nintendo Switch is a "Good Port"?

Yeah, I haven't seen it dip from 60FPS once in an hour.

However, I did the daily challenge and it crashed trying to bring up the leaderboards. Now, any time I go to daily challenge, it tries bringing up the leaderboards and crashes fuckin lol. Maybe just an early server issue without a graceful exit put in place.

And rebooting the Switch didn't fix it so yeah, daily challenge is broken right now. The main game works without a hitch so far, though. I guess the saving grace of the leaderboards currently crashing is it's like a matter of 5 seconds from crash to playing again, so while it'd be nice to see this fixed soon, it's not currently a big deal.

enojy fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Mar 17, 2017

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Infinitum posted:

I'd like Nintendo to put on their big boy pants again and do actual conferences. That Switch reveal presentation had a lot more energy than your average Direct and I really do prefer big conferences over them.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Infinitum posted:

There's nothing stopping them from just replacing miiverse with facebook and twitter, and pulling in posts from there.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Otoh if this year's E3 is a letdown, I am seriously scared for the Switch.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Rolo posted:

I guess a four game + neon switch bundle is available online through GameStop for 520 ish dollars.

My friend just ordered one and got confirmation that it'd be delivered Monday.

E:http://m.gamestop.com/product/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-neon-blue-and-red-joy-con-ultimate-bundle/143267

Well that didn't last long, they're out again.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I mean if Nintendo were trying to lead this thing with a niche title like Wonderful 101 the claims of "this won't sell systems" might be valid.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

an actual dog posted:

There's nothing stopping them from just replacing miiverse with facebook and twitter, and pulling in posts from there.

i can see people somehow linking their twitter with post from the POTUS. sad

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I want a punch out on switch. Real bad

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

BoI installed.

Gonna go for a full run, will post impressions after
Running pretty loving smooth so far, but I haven't gotten any insane upgrades yet.

Pro controller feels real good for this.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

We all want Wii Sports

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Policenaut posted:

I'd like Nintendo to put on their big boy pants again and do actual conferences. That Switch reveal presentation had a lot more energy than your average Direct and I really do prefer big conferences over them.

I thought their reveal presentation was super low energy and had me feeling pessimistic about the console for a couple days.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Norns posted:

I want a punch out on switch. Real bad

This is what ARMS basically is

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Harlock posted:

We all want Wii Sports

Wii Sports Resort was really great and I'd love a Switch Sports in the same vein. The Wii U one was alright (except for Golf, which owned).

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Policenaut posted:

The Switch presentation was a garbage fire, and getting game footage and Treehouse stuff is way better than watching producers ramble awkwardly on stage.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Harlock posted:

We all want Wii Sports

Everyone says this but I think Wii Sports Resort was way better. It had a better version of Bowling, and the best thing nobody ever talks about : the basketball 3-point shootout. My siblings and I played the poo poo out of that every time they came home for holidays.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Got fed up waiting for my physical version to ship, just bought Isaac off the eShop.

Figure a game I've already plugged 300-400 hours into might as well never leave my Switch, anyway.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The Nintendo Switch is the Turing Test for people who don't have joy in their hearts.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Remember the E3 2014 presentation and how it blew the pants off everything? Not so coincidentally that was the Wii U's best year.

Just do more of that.

Reggie will have to get a new sparring partner though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The presentation was great. We had that one guy demonstrate proper lazy gamer pose and a translator died on-air.

• Locked thread